• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Dude, I've been playing around with this celebrity look-alike thing and one of the results said I look like Evander Holyfield and Chuck Norris. You may all now bow down to my pure, unadultered badassery.

More fun results, some of which make absolutely no sense (and I'm not making any of these up either, lol):
John Bonham (Led Zepplin drummer)
Dave Chapelle
Hugo Weaving
Humphrey Bogart
Aaliyah
Alec Baldwin
Jay Leno
Robert De Niro
Nancy Kerrigan
Adam Sandler
Meat Loaf
Will Smith

Also according to this:
Billy - Mark Wahlberg and Johnathan Taylor Thomas
Fogo - Bob hope and Natalie Merchant
Monica - Kelly Clarkson and Sharon Osbourne
SrsNate - Usher and Dirk Nowitzki

Sudai

Stuff here
Screw eyebrow matches and Broly matches (I'm still on the dark on these. Someone explained it to me, but so much happened at DPhat's that night I forgot. XD), it's all about the Lightning Brow matches.

Looser has to shave their eyebrows into lightning bolts. Not getting rid of it by shaving it off either. (That means no eye brow matches either.)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Everybody who's going must bring ALL recording equipment that they have at their disposal!!!

i refuse to miss sets of our best players against the some of the best in the world.

L

Livid

Since I'm pretty much stuck at home, you guys better take those recorders. I wanna see these matches, too. ;/

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Everybody who's going must bring ALL recording equipment that they have at their disposal!!!

i refuse to miss sets of our best players against the some of the best in the world.
If one of you guys has a laptop (w/ windows XP) that they are willing to take to HOBO, I can install my gamebridge software on it for them/me to use.

That is, if there aren't enough recording setups.

EDIT: I'm guessing the modded Wii's (mine and Zac's) w/ infinite replay aren't allowed?
It's so sketchy to see the boot screen for the cheat device:

Codes found!
(that's right, we aren't telling you what codes)
Booting game!

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm just gonna copy and paste this and be on my merry way...

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

I really wanted to wait til after the tournament to announce this but I'm too excited to wait. I have officially founded and established the CGA (Competitive Gamers Association) for Lee College. In doing so, I elected myself to President ^_^. I can now hold tournaments at my college for things such as billiards, ping pong, mini golf, chess, and most importantly gaming. The best part is that I can use college public funds to hold these events.

I have decided to make my first tournament a Brawl tournament. Who didn't see that coming? Anyways, I'm trying to decide on a date so I was hoping my fellow smashers, aka the majority of the people attending this tournament, could help in deciding on a date. So yea, throw some dates at me.

Of course you don't have to worry about this being a lame tournament with the pot all going to club. I'm going to do the standard 5 dollar entry fee along with whatever pot fee I decide on.

So yea, DATES!!! RIGHT MEOW!

Edit: Btw, this venue is awesome. Plenty of AC, and double the amount of space at PZ. The answer for our PZ woes?

Dallas edit, because you all are so awesome you deserve it: YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hey guys I'm just gonna copy and paste this and be on my merry way...

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

I really wanted to wait til after the tournament to announce this but I'm too excited to wait. I have officially founded and established the CGA (Competitive Gamers Association) for Lee College. In doing so, I elected myself to President ^_^. I can now hold tournaments at my college for things such as billiards, ping pong, mini golf, chess, and most importantly gaming. The best part is that I can use college public funds to hold these events.

I have decided to make my first tournament a Brawl tournament. Who didn't see that coming? Anyways, I'm trying to decide on a date so I was hoping my fellow smashers, aka the majority of the people attending this tournament, could help in deciding on a date. So yea, throw some dates at me.

Of course you don't have to worry about this being a lame tournament with the pot all going to club. I'm going to do the standard 5 dollar entry fee along with whatever pot fee I decide on.

So yea, DATES!!! RIGHT MEOW!

Edit: Btw, this venue is awesome. Plenty of AC, and double the amount of space at PZ. The answer for our PZ woes?

Dallas edit, because you all are so awesome you deserve it: YOU'RE AWESOME!!!
I'll come just kuz you asked, dude. No recommendations for a date though, just make it a Saturday so everyone can come :p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Of course, there's a rival gaming club, who I want to crush, and they plan on having a tourney on a Friday. LULZ!!! NOOBZ!!!
We should mix-and-match crew battle them. You, me, Roy, Billy and the resident grande negro vs them. If nothing else dude, I'm sure that between the five of us we could get them laughing so hard they can't play right :p

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
We should do a mix-and-match crew battle them. You, me, Roy, Billy and the resident grande negro vs them. If nothing else dude, I'm sure that between the five of us we could get them laughing so hard they can't play right :p
Dude, not even necessary. They think metaknight is a bad character cuz he lacks kill moves. Nuff said. It's not brawl I want to crush them in, it's the overall aspect of being an awesome club. I want brawl to be a cornerstone of that.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
why every thing Big got to be some where else besides Dallas u got HOBO in houston oh snap in Ok etc. :( i need to some how convince my parents to let me travel with yall dont know how im going to do that though?

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
Dude Shuz, do you think it would be possible to bring your DVD recorder to Hobo?
i don't know, couple people got their stuff stolen last time, ill think about it

ATTENTION HOBO ATTENDEES
please list the people going in each carpool, the way i see it we don't need 3 cars.

Dphat's Car
1.ICE
2.Fogo
3.DMG
4.Kado
5.Dphat

UTDZac's Car
1.Infinity
2.AlphaPhoenix
3.Bwett1
4.UTDZac

Jack Kieser's Car
1.Shuz
2.Jack Kieser

is this right?

EDIT:

k all the above is correct as of right now
do yall want to set the cars like 4-4-3, so one car wont get screwed by gas money?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
i don't know, couple people got their stuff stolen last time, ill think about it

ATTENTION HOBO ATTENDEES
please list the people going in each carpool, the way i see it we don't need 3 cars.
Yes. Please. Do this, because I've been trying to figure out what the plan are for travel for like 3 days now, and I'm still lost.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

ATTENTION HOBO ATTENDEES

Dphat's Car
1.ICE
2.Fogo
3.DMG
4.Kado
5.Dphat

UTDZac's Car
1.Infinity
2.AlphaPhoenix
3.Bwett1
4.UTDZac

Jack Kieser's Car
1.Shuz
2.Jack Kieser

is this right?

EDIT:

k all the above is correct as of right now
do yall want to set the cars like 4-4-3, so one car wont get screwed by gas money?
We ended up doing 4-4-3 last time and it worked. I'm in for that.

Edit - Epic convo with DMG, talking about a dude who stole someone's ****:

I Am Infinity GB: sounds like he needs a g-krew uppercut to the face
ssbbguy: :D
ssbbguy: Fogo punch
I Am Infinity GB: hahaha
I Am Infinity GB: HAHAHA
I Am Infinity GB: Fogo means Fire, which is his old tag
ssbbguy: With magic blood sparkles from their mouth
I Am Infinity GB: which makes that even funnier
I Am Infinity GB: FOGO FALCON PUNCH, BABY!
ssbbguy: Hell yeah
ssbbguy: Hit them with a backpack full of GC parts and **** lol
ssbbguy: 30 pounds of Pwn
I Am Infinity GB: rofl
I Am Infinity GB: dude, i'm posting that
I Am Infinity GB: <copy/pastes>

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Official: Dphats next upcoming tournament will consist of a hard ban on the metaknight character. This is temporarily a test and will not be disputed. However, it will be...

Discussed...go ahead. Xyro and I are in a current agreement about the issue. However, the only consequence is the SBR blacklisting the tournaments held in which a hard ban is active on the metaknight character. Which imo, doesn't mean all that much because the most they can do is NOT list the tournament results. Hopefully they realize that melee does not equal brawl and accept their responsibility for being in control of both games metagame.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hopefully they realize that melee does not equal brawl and accept their responsibility for being in control of both games metagame.
I don't understand this. They make the rules for their sanctioned tournaments, they publish them for everyone to see, and just because you don't like the rule set it means they're not taking responsibility? They are in control, they're just not exercising that control because they see no reason to at this time. Give it time and they'll either make an adjustment to their ruling or everyone will realize that Metaknight isn't the king of evil and adjust to him. Six whole months isn't enough time to judge a game's ins-and-outs (i.e L-cancelling)

On the other hand: in the interest of fairness to the Metaknight players, would you guys consider moving this back a few weeks so we have some time to practice a different character? I'd rather not be hosed out of a tournament because I don't have time to prepare for the rules for it. The way you're saying this is almost like the tournament would be next week, and given that there's another big tournament on the 11th it'd be more fair to us (i.e me, ****it) if this was on like the 18th or later so we have enough time to learn a new character.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
They are in control, they're just not exercising that control because they see no reason to at this time.

On the other hand: in the interest of fairness to the Metaknight players, would you guys consider moving this back a few weeks so we have some time to practice a different character?

Given that there's another big tournament on the 11th
By control, I mean their ability to blacklist a tournament result. I find that being a bit elitist. In addition, blacklisting items on tournaments.

Yeah moving the tournament back a few weeks would be a great idea. However, I'm thinking about Dphat's weekly smashfests. Those in fact are show up when you can tournaments. Not as big as say, HOBO or Ohsnap tournaments.

What tournament is on the 11th?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Official: Dphats next upcoming tournament will consist of a hard ban on the metaknight character. This is temporarily a test and will not be disputed. However, it will be...

Discussed...go ahead. Xyro and I are in a current agreement about the issue. However, the only consequence is the SBR blacklisting the tournaments held in which a hard ban is active on the metaknight character. Which imo, doesn't mean all that much because the most they can do is NOT list the tournament results. Hopefully they realize that melee does not equal brawl and accept their responsibility for being in control of both games metagame.
I know we had touched on this slightly when we talked last time, but trust me, the SBR supports us testing out the banning of MK. Without going into too much detail about what goes on in there, I'll say that I have been pushing the MK issue for a while and I've made good progress. If you host this tournament and the feedback is positive, I can use it as an example to encourage the rest of the country to try it.

Also, the SBR doesn't regulate anything that goes on on Smashboards, we just make the rules and drive the community. No tournament results have ever been removed, blacklisted, etc by the SBR or by Smashboards. The whole "no items" thing was decided on by the community way before the SBR made any rule set pertaining to it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
None cause I'm busy on the 11th. Also I really like the idea of a no MK tourney (no offense MK players). I'm curious to see what would happen. I mean this doesn't solve anything, just curious to see what happens.

Also we need a randoms team tournament using old school bluezaft rules. It takes like an hour or two to do, very fast, very fun, lots of stupid..... LOTS OF STUPID!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The ban on mk is just a test run for me. I'm curious how tournament play will be when everyone metagame doesn't revolve around a single character. So don't worry infinity this is for only one tournament. If you would like to discuss this pm me.
I'd rather just talk about it in person dude, it's too easy to misinterpret how I say things on the internet, lol.

Uhhh, did Lee's thing get moved back to the 18th and I completely zoned out and didn't notice? That's the one I meant when I said the 11th. <checks the thread for it>

Edit - DURRHURR, it's the 18th. I'm a noob.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I assure you Damion, that we are taking responsibility. The backroom has and is discussing MK a TON. It is one of the most popular topics. Almost every single active member contributes to the discussion as well. It's not like we are just ignoring MK. We are having in-depth discussions, we are looking at tons of tournament results, and we are activly arguing the **** out of the subject.

The SBR WILL come to a desicion however. I simply ask you to trust a room full of top players and intellegent posters and contributers to the community. Just..trust us. We are working on it and discussing it.

On that note: Holding 1 tournament with no MK for testing is a good idea! I like it. I don't currently even support fully banning MK, but testing it out is fine by me.

A warning though:

Please please please please please wait for us to come to a conclusion before perm banning MK. Give us some time. Realize that once we ban MK, WE CAN NEVER BRING HIM BACK. It will be almost impossibile to unban him. We want to make sure we are correct in our decisions before something big like this.

Also, if you ban MK while the rest of the country has him unbanned, then you guys are seriously going to suck against MK due to lack of tournament experience against him :(. I don't support anyone fully banning him until EVERYONE bans him. Otherwise we will be screwed if we travel OOS because we won't be used to MK.

If mk gets banned, almost everyone is going to ban him. If small groups of people ban him before everyone else(like Italy) then they are going to be singled out and ridiculed. They will also be bad vs MK when they play OOS.

So please, do all the testing you want :). Just wait till you perm ban him lol. It's a smart decision.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Removing Metaknight as an option for selection would be like Tyreal destroying the Worldstone in Diablo 2. Whatever happens afterwards would really screw with the tiers and who ends up playing what.

I wanna see some good matches out of NfiniT, srsly. So if you're out there recording, get some **** of him winning, too, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom