• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Lee, Hylian, are there any public discussions that the back room is keeping an eye on right now? I'd like to be in on the discussion as much as I can since this is important to me for obvious reasons.

Also, you should check out the Shiek forum Zac. They've been talking about something pretty close to that, but not with the same kill potential. If you can get that mastered then DK would be a bit ridiculous.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Also, you should check out the Shiek forum Zac. They've been talking about something pretty close to that, but not with the same kill potential. If you can get that mastered then DK would be a bit ridiculous.
We are going to be spending as much of Friday as possible getting me to master this (shouldn't take long, need practical practice though). Dtilts aren't that hard to pull off these days. That's all I need for a KO (theoretically).

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright so, with cars, to alleviate the amount of money Jack has to spend on gas along with Shuz, I talked to a few people and we think this is how the cars should be split (unless Dphat gets that van or something):

DPhat's Car
1) Ice
2) Arikado
3) DMG

Zac's Car
1) Fogo
2) Bwett
3) Infinity

Jack's Car
1) Shuz
2) Phoenix Alpha

Of course, Jack, this means you need to drive to UTD to pick up Phoenix. Everyone read it and make sure you are cool with it.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
That works for me. At least I finally know what my car assignments are; I was sweating not being sure about it. :laugh: So do we have any plans for Friday, like a meeting place or a preset time to leave Dallas? We're still leaving Friday night, right?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
long post
You probably don't want to hold huge tournaments without MK, but you should definitely host smaller ones and report the results. After all, the decision to ban MK really comes from the community and not the SBR. We just take the public opinion, weigh it, and make a broad decision.

Several members, including myself, have proposed the question of, "would you support the ban of MK if character diversity was much greater and feedback was positive?" Most people admitted they would. So really the testing from your tournaments will be some of our first competitive data to support his ban.

Removing Metaknight as an option for selection would be like Tyreal destroying the Worldstone in Diablo 2. Whatever happens afterwards would really screw with the tiers and who ends up playing what.

I wanna see some good matches out of NfiniT, srsly. So if you're out there recording, get some **** of him winning, too, please.
I don't know what this crap is about wizards and stoners, but MK is in a tier of his own. He has no weaknesses, no bad matchups, and no counterpicks (characters or levels).

Lee, Hylian, are there any public discussions that the back room is keeping an eye on right now? I'd like to be in on the discussion as much as I can since this is important to me for obvious reasons.
I can't really think of any. Most SBR members spend the majority of their time in the SBR and all of the important threads go on back there. If you want to start one, however, I'll make sure to point it out to everyone.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I remember back in like march and june I mained meta knight (I'm not kidding), but then early july/late june I started to think that I should stop maining him because there was no way he'd be near as good as fox in the long run. Rofl.

That was back when I was playing with uh.... 4-5 different people tops. Small community if you know what I mean. Lol I still can't get over me thinking meta would be horrible... :p I guess I thought he died too easy (death at 70% with fox's upsmash). Oh and his final smash was terrible, though I agreed he got smash balls by far the most, they were just worthless.

Sudai

Stuff here
If you guys do the ban on MK tourney, y'all should wait till Sudai can come and visit? I'm coming on the 18th (unless you're all going to that doubles tourney. D: ) and two weeks after that.

You guys should wait, cause we all know the world revolves around Sudai, right? Right? No..It doesn't. D:

But really, I'd love to take part in a MK banned tourney and I can't convince either of the LA host to do it. : (

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I can't really think of any. Most SBR members spend the majority of their time in the SBR and all of the important threads go on back there. If you want to start one, however, I'll make sure to point it out to everyone.
I'll start one in the Metaknight boards after Hobo and send you a PM with a link to it.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what this crap is about wizards and stoners, but MK is in a tier of his own. He has no weaknesses, no bad matchups, and no counterpicks (characters or levels).
What I'm saying is that a lot of characters that are less-used, because of Metaknight, will see more play. Falco and Snake would quickly rise to the top and anything that "counters" either would come in to the field a lot more, either as Mains (Unlikely) or Counterpicks (Likely). Lets not forget the amount of characters that will see a lot less play because of the change in over-all character-field-power (I.E.: How powerful a character is based it's match-ups and it's stage handicaps.). Counter-picks would probably change across the board because no one has to worry about the "Big bad Metaknight." All of this would change because of the amount of people that simply picked up Metaknight because he was so good. When you have a character that populates the brackets how this character does, removing said character means a lot of change in which stages/characters people will play in tournament.

(This post in no way says that I hate Metaknight, I don't personally care, but facts are facts and I know that a lot of other people believe MK to be a "Godly" character.)

Bwett

Smash Ace
That works for me. At least I finally know what my car assignments are; I was sweating not being sure about it. :laugh: So do we have any plans for Friday, like a meeting place or a preset time to leave Dallas? We're still leaving Friday night, right?
From the way it seems, each car is going to have it's own separate riding schedule. I believe Dphat's car is meeting up at his place and leaving around 7-8pm tonight. Zac's car is meeting at my place and driving to his place when he gets off work, where we will leave around 6pm.

I guess there was more discussion last night that I didn't know about so it will be you and Phoenix this time. He lives at UTD, his number is 281-691-3566. Give him a call so yall can plan accordingly.

I'm assuming that you already know how to get to badnewsbear's, but if you don't, probably a page or two back, he posted his address.

Hope this puts you completely in the loop now :)

If you have any other questions, my number is 979-216-7010. Call whenever.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Dphat, when were you gonna leave Dallas to go to Waco? The reason I ask is cause Bear was gonna run a DE tourney at his house for fun, and I think he was gonna run it around 10:30 or so.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Hey Dphat, when were you gonna leave Dallas to go to Waco? The reason I ask is cause Bear was gonna run a DE tourney at his house for fun, and I think he was gonna run it around 10:30 or so.
As far as I know, we're leaving when I get to his place, which should be no later than 7. Don't think we'll make it in time for the tourney. :(

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Official: Dphats next upcoming tournament will consist of a hard ban on the metaknight character. This is temporarily a test and will not be disputed. However, it will be...

Discussed...go ahead. Xyro and I are in a current agreement about the issue. However, the only consequence is the SBR blacklisting the tournaments held in which a hard ban is active on the metaknight character. Which imo, doesn't mean all that much because the most they can do is NOT list the tournament results. Hopefully they realize that melee does not equal brawl and accept their responsibility for being in control of both games metagame.
man good games at the gamer's club next time there should be alot more people im still encouraging more people from the thread to come it a good facility alot of space and we are open to any game. u can bring anthing tv games food whatever. I promise a good time. we have alot of games . same time same place next thursday at 4:30

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
As far as I know, we're leaving when I get to his place, which should be no later than 7. Don't think we'll make it in time for the tourney. :(
Dallas to Waco is about 2 hours, then it's about an hour and a half... That sounds like we get there at 10:30 or close enough to it. We could probably have our matches played last or something.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Dallas to Waco is about 2 hours, then it's about an hour and a half... That sounds like we get there at 10:30 or close enough to it. We could probably have our matches played last or something.
Well I'm gonna get to DPhat's as soon as I can, but I'll be at work until 5. I'm gonna let traffic die down some before I head over to his place. So depending on the pace we make, we will hopefully be able to make it in time.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey, would anyone happen to know PhoenixAlpha's number? I've been trying to get ahold of him to no avail.

EDIT: Woot, I've gotten ahold of everyone! Our car is all squared away. Man, this weekend is gonna kick so much ***. I can't wait.

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
Leapinghare tournment cancelled due to the absense of 2 of Dallas' finest.

However...smashfest here tonight is a def possibility...let me know.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Also, if you ban MK while the rest of the country has him unbanned, then you guys are seriously going to suck against MK due to lack of tournament experience against him :(..
You act like we don't get practice sets against my MK and infinity's MK. Just because we don't allow him in tournament doesn't mean that we don't get practice against him. Fogo, billy and Infinity have all been getting very good practice against my metaknight over the past few weeks. Our community kinda works that way. Practice is practice.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey PhoenixAlpha, if you're on here, I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to AIM. I'm calling periodically, so hopefully I can get in touch with you. If you need anything, feel free to PM.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
You act like we don't get practice sets against my MK and infinity's MK. Just because we don't allow him in tournament doesn't mean that we don't get practice against him. Fogo, billy and Infinity have all been getting very good practice against my metaknight over the past few weeks. Our community kinda works that way. Practice is practice.
good piont dallas gets plenty of mk practice fogo and snap came over a few days ago so dallas i think is fine vs. mk :)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Our souls are like a cosmic seamstresses' thread intertwined as tight as our love-making bodies allow, to create a cloth of love bigger than ourselves. Our bond goes beyond life and death and transcends any conceivable boundaries, including spatial boundaries or, as previously stated, time. One will never be fully capable to understand what it is that I, GMo, and he, G-mo, share together, for we cannot fully comprehend it ourselves. If god were to exist he would even find it to be a complicated system of relations, some of which are beyond even him. With that said, G-mo and I grow closer everyday, albeit slowly. To elucidate I will draw a parallel to how tectonic plates advance closer to each other; one day we will become one.
lmao i'm dying from reading this!

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
i cant think of any active pro snake players im having a brain fart <_< can anybody recomend a pro snake player to watch there vids? im trying to at least second him thanx.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ally is a pretty good Snake, albeit a bit unorthodox and unusual. Cort, Afro Thundah, DSF, Ajax, there are a lot of Snake players out there that are pro or really good.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Ally is a pretty good Snake, albeit a bit unorthodox and unusual. Cort, Afro Thundah, DSF, Ajax, there are a lot of Snake players out there that are pro or really good.
thanx dmg, and no im not underestimating them i just meant a player that smashers know every where as the best m2k for ex.(i thought cort quit?)

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
thanx dmg, and no im not underestimating them i just meant a player that smashers know every where as the best m2k for ex.
I don't agree that M2k is the best in Brawl. I believe a lot of hype was carried over to brawl from his melee career. I mean, the man main's MK for crying out loud, not much skilled involved there.

I'm not trying to bash MK, nor do I support banning him yet. I do, however, believe MK is causing the metagame to stagnate. As of now, all focus is on being able to compete with this little fluff ball who happens to have ridiculous priority + gimping abilities AND insane recovery.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree that M2k is the best in Brawl. I believe a lot of hype was carried over to brawl from his melee career. I mean, the man main's MK for crying out loud, not much skilled involved there.

I'm not trying to bash MK, nor do I support banning him yet. I do, however, believe MK is causing the metagame to stagnate. As of now, all focus is on being able to compete with this little fluff ball who happens to have ridiculous priority + gimping abilities AND insane recovery.
i didnt mean hes the best i meant he is seen as it and if ur not living under a rock uv at heard of him if u play smash copetitvly and his first main was D3 :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Edit: Dphat, don't forget to call me when you guys leave Dallas or whenever you get into Waco. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom