• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm lovin MvC3, my Wesker/Trish/Dante seems to be working out well =] So much better than my MvC2 team (Rogue/Psylocke/Doom)...actually being able to DHC and punish assists feels sooooo good.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm liking Chris so far, but I haven't actually played yet. I want to be a little more confident in my knowledge of how to use assists and do combos (and play two other characters) before I get into playing at all. I like Taskmaster and Deadpool a bunch, but I haven't even used them in training yet. I think since that team lacks mobility, I might be more focused on finding a functional character.

Denti

Smash Master
finally got to play marvel 3 for a bit

i have no clue what the **** i'm doing
That's the reason I could never pick that game up. You don't know what you're doing and you don't have fun when you start, you have to get really good at it to start even having fun. Brawl you just pick it up and you're ready to go XD

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
That's the reason I could never pick that game up. You don't know what you're doing and you don't have fun when you start, you have to get really good at it to start even having fun. Brawl you just pick it up and you're ready to go XD
It's really not that hard at all. Anyone that spends a very minimal time with the game can learn it. Sure you aren't going to be on a competitive level, but you can at least function.

Denti

Smash Master
But functioning still isnt fun to me XD

anytime i start a game like that i always already feel sooooooo behind. It seems hella fun tho, but I just feel way to behind to ever be at the level of comprehension.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Believe me, it looks a whole lot harder than it is. I have always just used a controller. I never wanted to shell out the $100+ for a stick. I have heard many great things about sticks though, there is a obvious reason everyone uses them. I am sure ideally using a stick from the start would help.

However i will leave the answering to that part to Billy/Van/Sethlon/ or Shuz. They use them and have a lot more experience with that area than i do

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I'm a controller player and was easily converted to stick. If you want to stick with the game get a stick. If you want to casually play for a little while then stick to your controller

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'm not sick anymore! Yay! But I can't laugh because my side is so sore from all the coughing. >.>

How is the netcode for MvC3? Is it better than SSF4 or too early to tell because i assume server is hyper busy?

Denti

Smash Master
If there is a copy of mvc3 at a tournament or smashfest I'll give it a try if someone would be willing to teach me the controls. Knowing me I would really LOVE and prefer a stick because it would feel much more precise and less work than a controller but I'd rather put down a 100$ for genesis 2 than buy a stick :(

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lmao. Ok, already have a second team. Magneto, sentinel, akuma. Did a combo with sentinel last night that I saw Sanford do. Wave dash, command grab, L, super. 70-75%. :)

Bwett

Smash Ace
If you want, Denti, you are more than welcome to come over at any time, and Alex and I will teach you what you need to know. Learning on a stick in the beginning is the way to go if you plan on playing for more than 2 weeks.

Also, don't feel threatened by the game. I find it to be a much easier introduction into fighters than SF4.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
For real Denti, we can sit down and teach you the game whenever you want.

Stick is better for the long run, but pad can work too. I'm a pad player myself. It really just comes down to if you want to deal with the 360/PS3 pad or not.

Hyper Sentinel Force is ridiculous.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Stick is better for the long run, but pad can work too. I'm a pad player myself. It really just comes down to if you want to deal with the 360/PS3 pad or not.

I turned my controller over last night and started mashing down on the back of it and almost perfected a computer in arcade mode with Sentinel.

Upside down ps3 controller - 1
Computer opponent - 0

Edit - I had the controller face down on my couch, btw.
Edit again - I'm not an expert at the game by any means, but I can teach you the basics if you want Denti. It's actually pretty easy to pick up, I felt comfortable with the controls after just goofing around a bit last night.

Denti

Smash Master

If you want, Denti, you are more than welcome to come over at any time, and Alex and I will teach you what you need to know. Learning on a stick in the beginning is the way to go if you plan on playing for more than 2 weeks.

Also, don't feel threatened by the game. I find it to be a much easier introduction into fighters than SF4.

Do you guys want to play today then?? :D

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, we actually have two sticks over here =]

I'll be free all day, and billy's plans are up in the air, so feel free to come over whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom