• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
yeah sorry ice **** got real over holidays car died pipes burst under house lost phone etc. finally got everything taken care of though.
and tyson
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
yeah sorry ice **** got real over holidays car died pipes burst under house lost phone etc. finally got everything taken care of though.
and tyson
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Dude it's all good bro. Just good to hear your okay. I got everything fixed on my end plus I managed to pick up donkey kong.

Denti

Smash Master
there are 2 tournaments next month on the 19th and the 26th. One is dakpo's, the other is a SA tournament. The SA tournament only has a singles event so I told them if they throw a doubles event as well I'll come. So it all depends on that... which leaves 2 weekends free, so I was thinking about holding my tournament on the 12th of next month. who would come?

btw if you're coming claim a spot in my carpool for these tournaments soon before it gets full

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
After careful observation, I made a Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tier list prediction. (champs in paranthesis are unknown, but assumed the best and put them in top tier).

-Top-
Chun Li
Dante
Storm
Trish
Dormammu
Phoenix
(Shuma Gorath)
(Jill Valentine)

-High-
Akuma
Amaterasu
C.Viper
Chris Redfield
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Deadpool
Magneto
Modok
TaskMaster
Super-Skrull
Zero

-Middle-
Felicia
Mike Haggar
Spencer
Tron Bonne
Hulk
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Wolverine
X-23

-Low-
Arthur
Morrigan
Ryu
Captain America
Doctor Doom
Iron Man
Thor

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
there are 2 tournaments next month on the 19th and the 26th. One is dakpo's, the other is a SA tournament. The SA tournament only has a singles event so I told them if they throw a doubles event as well I'll come. So it all depends on that... which leaves 2 weekends free, so I was thinking about holding my tournament on the 12th of next month. who would come?

btw if you're coming claim a spot in my carpool for these tournaments soon before it gets full
I call a spot on the 19th.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Dante, unless they've changed him a bunch, looks real good so far.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey Denti, if there are already 2 tournaments next month lets just put the next phase on the 12th because if you have your tournament that day then no Phase will happen next month unless we put it the weekend after this one XD haha... PM me or something i txted you about it as well so yeah. <3 =]

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
MvC3 is going to be SO sick. Damien, who are you going to roll with?

Also, Awestin yes!!! Arthur does look really fun. Ghost and Goblins is a classic!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
-MvC3 Tiers-
Interesting. D'you think that Chun Li will be able to pop open turtlers without some heavy assist? Or is she top just for her ridiculous assist?

Why Trish at top? She seems to have a nice keepaway with her traps, but IMO she looks a little one-dimensional.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Tier list forming questions + why trish top?.
I formed the list based namely on how effective the addition of each character will be in general team comps. Imo, most teams will be formed around...
runaway/zoning in general
2 hyper combo 0-death comboes
assist centric rushdown/runaway teams (i.e chunli L.legs assist or ameratsu/morrigan AA)

I think most teams will fall apart quickly due to whether or not they can handle jump ins or massive zoning i.e. projectile spamming. This claim is simply a reflection of the characters that were listed in mid and low tier. Whereas the high and top champs have a general moveset that gives them several options vs blind rushdown or mindless projectile spamming.

Trish range looks very safe. She can do strong damage off of assists. Very safe DHC starting and coming from (as 2nd hyper combo). Strong zoning moveset. She has good options vs rushdown champs. If she can't handle a specific zoning matchup, she can build bar and DHC out to a better matchup etc.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smash Detour Smashfest
Friday, January 28th

Time
3pm - ??? (late)
NEW ADDRESS
528 Hummingbird Trail, Crowly, TX 76036
Phone Number
817-627-7907

Google Maps http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...8+Hummingbird+Trail&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Directions
First of all, I highly recommend you just check Google Maps as I found finding the correct place to turn a little hard, but I'll explain as much as I can anyways. Starting from I-35W, look for the exit for Crowly Road (should be exit 437). Head west at the red light found just off of the interstate towards Crowly Road. You'll pass lots of busy intersections where cars stop at the stop signs and speed out in front of you (lol). Keep going until you reach the red light on Crowly Road. Turn left (don't accidentally take the u-turn) and keep going straight. You'll actually drive PAST the Creek Estate. We're technically a part of that, but you can't get to our house from there. Keep going and turn left on at a lowly road that lacks a red light called S. Hampton Rd. You'll reach a dead end, turn left, then turn right at the stop sign at hummingbird trail. My house is on the right, number 528.

Equipment to Bring
I need Wii(s) and TVs if you want a lot of setups. AeroLink is bringing his setup so we'll have two so far. :) I also have SSF4, Guilty Gear, and MvC2 for Xbox360 if any guys like playing them. I only have one xbox controller and no arcade sticks so you need to bring your own controller for that.

Food Run Options
We could eat at McDonalds, Sonic, Burger King, Taco Bell, or Taco Cabana if we want something fast or we could go to Buffalo Wild Wings, On the Boarder, Apple Bee's, or Chili's if we're feeling fancy.

EDIT: Added phone number. Call me if you have questions

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
just got back from wgf, sick tournament.

Denti, if you host something on the 12th i'll be able to make it for sure, also, there needs to be smashfests between now and then

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If anyone plans on just bringing a wii, tell me so I can contact ALSM. I told him he wouldn't need to bring his TV he often brings, but if we get a lot of wiis, we'll want more TVs.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
If i can arrange a ride there and back i can bring a wii Problem2... I will try and get parents to take me but its about 30min+ away from my house so thats why i doubt it :p.. I could use some smash before phase =]

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
If i can arrange a ride there and back i can bring a wii Problem2... I will try and get parents to take me but its about 30min+ away from my house so thats why i doubt it :p.. I could use some smash before phase =]
Dude if you can get to his place, I'm sure if you provide the gas money he can take you back....besides i'll be there so we can get some lulz and teams and what not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom