• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Ice, can u meet up at melee1's place friday? I think we all can go in my car from melee1's place.

Dphat: no venue fee fri or saturday...$5 tourny. Friday and saturday tourny.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Alright for all the Denton players, PM me I'm actually not too far from Denton, I'm just south of lewisville, in the coppell area so not a long drive at all. PM me or something, and this friday and saturday i'm doing something that I usually never do, a $5 dollar buy in tournament. I'm going to actually try out the swiss system so people can get used to lee harris tournament format on either saturday or friday, and on the other day I'll do the standard double elimination. I got plenty of room so bring whoever you can and if you are able to bring a set up please do :).
People can come as early as 3 pm and tournament will probably start around 6-7pm on friday. Also my house is alittle bit messy since I'm trying to get ready to move out by next tuesday so please be alittle clean.

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright for all the Denton players, PM me I'm actually not too far from Denton, I'm just south of lewisville, in the coppell area so not a long drive at all. PM me or something, and this friday and saturday i'm doing something that I usually never do, a $5 dollar buy in tournament. I'm going to actually try out the swiss system so people can get used to lee harris tournament format on either saturday or friday, and on the other day I'll do the standard double elimination. I got plenty of room so bring whoever you can and if you are able to bring a set up please do :).
People can come as early as 3 pm and tournament will probably start around 6-7pm on friday. Also my house is alittle bit messy since I'm trying to get ready to move out by next tuesday so please be alittle clean.
What time do you think you'll be starting whatever one's on Saturday? :o

Sudai

Stuff here
It would be nice to have as many people in one location, only chose DPhat's cause it seems like more people would be going there already?

I'd post his address up, but since it was in a PM, I dunno if he wants it out in the public or whatever, but yeah. :x

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I'd post his address up, but since it was in a PM, I dunno if he wants it out in the public or whatever, but yeah. :x
Already taken care of. Dphats ftw.

Important tournament update: Everyone (even people that may not show up) sign up and post possible attendance to this upcoming tournament. http://www.gametabs.com/events/2008-10-26/new_orleans_brawl_monthly_1/44/

They need as many people posting and signing up to keep their tournament scene alive. Do your part and sign up +post something. k thx

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm looking forwards to whatever your crew brings with you to the tournament. I'm hoping that we'll get a ton of great matches in. I've already put out the word for housing in our thread. I'm only in a studio.

Bwett

Smash Ace
If Zac is going, Fogo and Ice can drive to his place if he doesnt mind taking them. I find it funny that the weekend my parents come to see me is the weekend that yall finally decide to throw a tournament...gay lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I am willing to take Fogo and Ice again (and you too josh) provided you guys come to my place and/or arrive earlier. I didn't like waiting the whole hour last time. I will be leaving right at 6pm

I WILL BE BRINGING LITTLE CAESERS PIZZA. I need a head count of who will be eating AND PAYING ME BACK =)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
So, they basically just said that MLG is going to be supporting Brawl soon. For reference: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195698

I am, here and now, saying that if MLG places Brawl in its circuit that someone from Dallas is going to place high and/or win one of the circuits. I'm saying this because when and if they announce that then I vote Dallas drops any rivalries and/or bad blood and we work as hard as possible to be the best at the game. If anyone else agrees with this, just quote this post and say yes and I'll add your name to the list of people I'll be practicing with after the announcement.

Edit - I'm talking about getting together and making a Team Dallas. Once we got the team together then we'd find sponsorship and be for realsy reals pros and everything. This is serious.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
So, they basically just said that MLG is going to be supporting Brawl soon. For reference: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195698

I am, here and now, saying that if MLG places Brawl in its circuit that someone from Dallas is going to place high and/or win one of the circuits. I'm saying this because when and if they announce that then I vote Dallas drops any rivalries and/or bad blood and we work as hard as possible to be the best at the game. If anyone else agrees with this, just quote this post and say yes and I'll add your name to the list of people I'll be practicing with after the announcement.
yes i agree and would love to play at MLG:)

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice

Sure.

I'll beat you some day. Even if it's just suiciding with Bowser three times, I'll beat you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Team Waco... oh wait we suck :D

If MLG adds Brawl, that would be cool. And you know if Dallas gets in that I sure as hell better be in too. I would love to be on their circuit.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Edit - I'm talking about getting together and making a Team Dallas. Once we got the team together then we'd find sponsorship and be for realsy reals pros and everything. This is serious.

oh, well since my parents,school,ect. would get in the way of play time and stuff i guess i wouldn't be able to do that but would really like to:confused:+yall are all like 5X better than me.

L

Livid

Wow. I'd love to be a part of something like this, even if I haven't met any of you guys yet. D:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Team Waco... oh wait we suck :D

If MLG adds Brawl, that would be cool. And you know if Dallas gets in that I sure as hell better be in too. I would love to be on their circuit.
I hereby declare Waco to be a part of Dallas for all intents and purposes regarding MLG.

Potential team name: CSTG

First person to figure it out wins a cookie :p

Sudai

Stuff here
I would totally join Team Dallas if I lived in Dallas. You guys really do seem Phat. :O

You can at least count on me driving over there from time to time to play with ya'll. : p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom