• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Alright folks, venue found. :)

Now, as I work out the details, question. Do you guys want to keep it around the same time in the afternoon or do you want to move it back into the evening? Some of us work during the day on Saturday.

But we now have a place. :)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It's at my club house at my apartment complex on UTD campus. :) We would have it for about 6 hours, possibly swing it for longer. After I get back from Cali then I get the first one down on the calender based on what else is going on.

When I said evening I meant around 6. I've got an interview today for a job that would get me off work at 5. But if afternoon works -best- for everyone then its no biggie. I can come when I get off.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
wtf Zac

1. Nf3 d5 2. c4 cxd4 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Qa4+ Nc6 5. e4 e5!? 6. Nxe5 Bd7 7. Nxd7 Qxd7 8. Bxc4 a6 9. 0-0 Be7 10. Bb5 0-0 11. Bxc6 bxc6 12. d3 h6 13. Bf4 Bd6?? 14. e5!

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Take 75 or 635 then. The tollway isn't the only way to get to UTD. 30 to 75 can be a ***** with the traffic sometimes, but it beats paying a toll.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
The venue is at UTD now? I hate paying the toll to go down George Bush Turnpike and mid-Saturday traffic around that area.
Yeah that toll is almost like a venue fee itself driving there and back.

I think the most direct route without the toll road is I-35>exit 443B onto Belt Line Road>take road to Coit or Waterview>Campbell to UTD.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
Uh, more central in relation to who? Assuming we are even able to find a good venue a little north that would make everyone from west, south, and east Dallas have to drive farther.

If we have one that works I say just roll with it, even if you have to drive a couple extra miles.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
Uh, more central in relation to who? Assuming we are even able to find a good venue a little north that would make everyone from west, south, and east Dallas have to drive farther.

If we have one that works I say just roll with it, even if you have to drive a couple extra miles.
What about something around the Coppell/Carrollton area? It seems a bit easier to access (less toll roads surrounding it).

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I live in Grand Praririe and I never had or have a problem driving to anything. You guys asked for a venue so I found one. I don't even go to area tournaments because I work on Saturdays but I still found one. If it's not good enough then forget it. Find your own.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I live in Grand Praririe and I never had or have a problem driving to anything. You guys asked for a venue so I found one. I don't even go to area tournaments because I work on Saturdays but I still found one. If it's not good enough then forget it. Find your own.
DANG monica telling it like it is!

chic

Smash Ace
well i hope someone else finds one then ;) cba to drive and hour and half to play at a clubhouse

Bwett

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter where it is. Flower Mound was quite some distance away from UTD, and we still managed. We are gonna host tournaments there for the time being. If it is too hard for a few people to get there, then I guess a few people won't be coming.

You can either accept what we have or find another venue and talk to them. Complaining without action will get you nowhere =)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
PBT, near the end, had 20-25 people. In its prime it had around 30.

------------
Thinking of it, Carrollton would be probably about the most central place.
But I would have no idea where to look in terms of finding a venue.

I'd be happy enough with UTD for the time being.
I mean. It's at least something. Even having a tournament ANYWHERE is probably going to reawaken/strengthen the interest in finding the best possible venues. We got kind of used to having nothing-- starting this tourney could motivate us to look again for a more central location. And we may yet grow to appreciate Monica's new venue.

No matter the outcome, thank you, Monica, for actively making the effort that we pretty much.. didn't.. in finding venues.
If the first tourney has brownies, I'm THERE. =D

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Monica thank you for finding a venue, also those who are complaining find another venue if you don't like the one she found, ALSO anyone who is nearly as competitive as some of the dallas locals would gladly travel 30-45 minutes then a rough 4-4 1/2 hr drive to houston. Would be a nice change of pace to draw in OOC players instead of dallas traveling to another city.

Sudai

Stuff here
To anyone complaining, STFU! I'm planning to drive the 5 hours to DPhat's then another car ride/drive for however far it is to UTD. If you complain about distance (A FREAKING HOUR?!?!?! That's seriously not far at all, especially considering how big Texas is.), that just means you don't care enough about the game and obviously anyone that doesn't care about the game isn't worth caring about when it comes to venue choice.

chic

Smash Ace
Lol at Chic. Are you seriously complaining? What a *****.
**** aren't we mature? i'm just giving my opinion. i know alot of the people i played at PBT won't be able to make it to this one because its too far. i'm just trying to help those people out

If you complain about distance (A FREAKING HOUR?!?!?! That's seriously not far at all, especially considering how big Texas is.), that just means you don't care enough about the game and obviously anyone that doesn't care about the game isn't worth caring about when it comes to venue choice.
lol... **** you know a lot about me dont you. i went to pretty much all the pbts and even that was pretty far for me...

well this is why i rarely post in these boards. i just posted myopinion and then people (who never went to the pbts) jumped on me. byebyebye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom