• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
d4bA on Shuz's account:

Ggs at PBT! I can't believe so many people showed up. There were 37 entrants! Where are these people coming from? Kirbykid should have a flyer saying "GO HERE > smashboards.com/dallas forums" or something. Anywho, had lotsa fun at PBT.

Sf4=super fun. So many people challenging me at PBT. Upskirts ftw

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
i MIGHT be able to go to a tourney soon but i need a ride from rowlett to Dphats/PBT and from so if anybody can or is willing to il keep u updated if i can go or not

Everis755

Smash Cadet
PBT was fun but it was ridiculous how the kirby brother (idk which one it was. they are twins!) gayed MURDR in their match. the second murdr won the second match, kirby yelled out SKYWORLD before MURDR could ban it and then said tooo bad those are the rules. l2 play fair >.>. other than that, good tourny.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually the rules are that ban comes before anything else. If the opponent mentions a stage before bans are done, the opponent can then ban that stage, as the counterpicker should've waited.

Yaj

Smash Rookie
Actually the rules are that ban comes before anything else. If the opponent mentions a stage before bans are done, the opponent can then ban that stage, as the counterpicker should've waited.
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Each player *may* announce one stage to be banned.

The way kirby kid and his brother see it, if the opponent has not named his ban by the time counter picking comes up, he has forfeited his ban.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
PBT was fun but it was ridiculous how the kirby brother (idk which one it was. they are twins!) gayed MURDR in their match. the second murdr won the second match, kirby yelled out SKYWORLD before MURDR could ban it and then said tooo bad those are the rules. l2 play fair >.>. other than that, good tourny.
This isn't the first time this has happened. Probly won't be the last time, either.

Good stuff stompin No Koast guys, wish I coulda went with yas.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You made it pretty high up there Bwett, good ****.

Also, there is no "forfeiting" of bans. If he wants it to work that way, he should specify that as an additional rule.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, he's played less-than-stellar the past couple times he's teamed with me, he's even admitted it... plus the stuff about him not caring is true as well, b/c I've had to almost force him to join in doubles.

I'm not saying you're bad btw, b/c you're not, as if you were you never would've beaten Cap'n Crunch.

Cockiness is good though.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
PBT was fun as always, in case you NO KOASTers wanted to know. =P

Except:
Whoever stole my Wiimote (and possibly tv cables), **** YOU TOO. I want that back, or at least money to compensate for my loss.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Had fun at PBT!

I feel myself getting better/placing higher at these. (despite the fact that the hardest hitters were mostly at NO KOAST.lol)

Chili's afterwards was awesome too! (tho I'll probably have nightmares about those dancing lamps)

@Damien: thanks for those SF4 tips and showing me some stuff. Next time I play you I'll be more of a challenge!

@Arikado: You are by far the best person I've played thus far in SF4. Our matches are basically me struggling to jab you to avoid getting perfected! :(

Good stuff at No Koast, Dallas!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Cockiness and the truth is two completely different thing PhantomX, and if you forced him to do teams maybe he didn't want to team with you.
If he didn't want to team with me he could just tell me, lol, I wouldn't care. If he tells me before we're going to team, I expect to team, of course.

And yes, they are very different things, which is why I thought I'd point out which one this is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
LMAO well if you want to MM at hobo14 please be my guest and accept this $20 challenge. I personally think you suck so please prove me wrong.
Lol, I don't really care what you think. I'm not going to take a MM against one of my hardest matchups, that's just stupid.

Not to mention I already have a bunch of MMs lined up, I'm not rich here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom