• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dexter Mafia ~ ...?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

but tbh, the whole time, i was really worried about what town had to counter scum, i felt like we were really strong with being able to abduct and recruit

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We should wait until Xiivi or Sold comments on whether the set-up is balanced. I mean it did get approved but I'd like to see the rationale behind why scum was uber powerful.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This game is not balanced at all, who reviewed this?
Once I learned that the scum had five players and one of those was a mentor, I went straight to Sold. He told me he didn't review it because he became a mod after it entered the queue but he said he should've checked it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
This is REALLY broken. Like SO broken.

Sold confirms that he did NOT balance this setup, since it's not balanced at all.

:172:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
seriously no wonder Glyph gave himself up to lynch the cop, when the mafia team was that massive :p

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh man, it'll be worse than anything I have to offer.

****, I want to start a topic that tells people how to balance now, this **** is ridiculous. Even if Stew balances games now, you can always make his job easier by avoiding dumb **** that shouldn't even need to be discussed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Being able to kill, abduct, and recruit...town had a cop, a switch, bodyguard, tracker, and a tree stump and at least 3 VTs...

That's not even close to making up for what scum had, plus the added SKs.

The game was literally nothing but night actions, the days could have either side getting it their way and still lose.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ryker isn't going to be salty because of how well we worked together. :p
disregard losing psh

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Wai wai wait.

Mafia had a kill, an abduct and there were two SKs?

And town didn't even have a regular doctor...but a bodyguard?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I promise you Asdioh, when I buddy you, I'll be town

:3

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
****, I want to start a topic that tells people how to balance now, this **** is ridiculous. Even if Stew balances games now, you can always make his job easier by avoiding dumb **** that shouldn't even need to be discussed.
Actually just checking for the "shouldn't even need to be discussed" part and severe balancing problems is what I really look for. Everything else is strictly a suggestion.

Everyone, no flaming. PLEASE stay civil, I understand if some people are disappointed or frustrated.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
for the record, like I said, I had fun :p

I didn't expect this, but it's fine by me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh my gosh this set up was so balanced and awesome yeeeeeeeeeee

Especially the bodyguard :D

Ryker will be so salty lololololol. You have no idea Asdioh XD

:172:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
man

i go from 3 games to 0 in 24 hours

mannnnnn

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This is so odd....I'm not on the receiving end of any of this heat. *ducks*

Regardless, I had a lot of fun. Working with those four guys was fun especially our aim convos together. ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lmfao Zen <3

Also Zen, once I saw you were replacing in D1. I made it known that you were dieing N1.

19 viewers? wtf xD

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yes this game was broken and yeah there shouldn't be a MVP

Turns out the game was a lot of fun still and that's infinitely more important than a track record on SWF. If it bothers you too much I'm fine with you just not counting it. So stop harping on Chibo, the game was meant to be enjoyable and it most certainly was.

I realize that a lot of you aren't doing this but some are and that's dumb

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ppl need to wait till i post role PMs, which i will soon

here is the rough run down of everything in the game

Indys count as town in town:mafia ratio
Indys are basically town members with different win conditions
Because of this, the ratio was essentially 11:5, not 9:2:5

Because of the role swapping of the Two-Face role, ratio counts were done at the start and end of day, and end of night - not beginning of night.
Two Face also could not vote with every other scum at the same time, preventing a instant end in lylo
An interesting thing to do is to recruit the two face, to remove his bad ailments

If the mentor died, the mentee died if there was one

If the abductee was held for two full nights, he would be released and told who the abductor was. The abductee was also protected from all night actions from town, but not mafia. The abductee does not count for win ratios while abducted.
Mafia has two choices basically to prevent the terrible info leak. use their night kill on him when he is abducted (which evens out getting an earlier "kill" from abduction), or recruit him if a spot is open

the dexter role is like a godsend for town, let me post that now.

Welcome to the game... Dexter Morgan. Fueled by your Dark Passenger, you have had the urge to kill since you were a young boy ever since you witnessed the death of your brother. Coping with such loss has been the hardest thing you have ever experienced. That isn't to say that you are evil at heart, it's quite the opposite really. You have a special bond with your father who taught you his code.

Harry Morgan's code is what keeps you alive today by satisfying your urge to kill while keeping yourself safe. Above all else, don't get caught. Nothing matters as much as this, as you could end up in an electric chair one day. But why would a cop train a serial killer? Frustrated with criminals slipping through the justice system, Harry decided to teach you to only kill others who are murderers of the innocent, with the intent on killing again. Be sure not to kill anyone innocent, could you handle the guilt? Human expression and feelings can really drag a person down.

You work at Miami Metro Homicide as a blood analyst. Blood is somewhat... calming to you. You don't cringe at the sight of it, if anything it excites you! You can't expect to be a serial killer that is so squeamish can you? Your role in the department is important. You can make or break a case. Blood never lies. The story it tells can put people away for good or set them free.

Role Name: Dexter Morgan
Role: Independent Serial Killer
Win Condition: Survive to end game

Even though you are Independently Aligned you will count for the town total of players. You do not share the same win condition as a normal townsperson.

Dexter is quite the person of power. Being a serial killer, you may choose to kill any other player at night. Fortunately from your training your father provided you when young, you are as successful as a serial killer can possibly be. You know how to not get caught and can not be tracked at night. With your job at Miami Metro Homicide, your blood splatter analysis can both prove people innocent and guilty, and being behind such power you have the influence to tamper with such evidence and cancel any current lynch except for your own. However with all good comes a dark underside. Your Dark Passenger that has driven you to become this way ruins you. You have the urge to kill, you NEED to kill. You simply aren't satisfied with yourself and your Dark Passenger if you do not kill an evil-doer for three consecutive nights and will not be able to continue - committing suicide.

Ability: Kill: Player Name Once per night you may (you can choose not to) kill another player with the said command. Perform this action by PM'ing the mod (vVv ChiboSempai).

Ability: Veto You may (you can choose not to) send the said command to the mod (vVv ChiboSempai) during the Twilight Phase to stop the decided lynch from happening. The game will continue to proceed to the Night Phase and the person will not be lynched. You can not do this when you have been lynched yourself.

Trait: Dark Passenger You can not go more than three nights in a row without killing a member of the mafia by your own hands at night. If three consecutive nights pass without you killing a mafia member, you will be killed at the end of the night.

Trait: The Code You can not be tracked.

-Can not be tracked, making town think he's ok if he is tracked
-Can kill
-can VETO

here is the purpose of the veto power for dexter:
if you want a townie to live, sure you can veto if you want
if you veto a mafia member, that's good! that's how it was designed. dexter needs to kill a mafia member once every 3 nights or he dies, so if you think someone who is scum is about to be lynched, u veto it then night kill them. Rajam did not use his power correctly at all. Besides the fact I think it was ridiculous of town to lynch RR over Glyph, Rajam thought Glyph was scum, and voted him day 2. Why would he not veto his lynch to nk him? He completely missed this important facet of how to play his role. If he had done this, J wouldn't be able to recruit Night 2 since Glyph was still alive, and then Rajam would kill Glyph aka the game would have continued to day 3

Whyyyyy did neither Gheb nor Rajam kill Glyph night 1? Mafia made a HUGE slip by sending Glyph to do the kill night 1. If one of the SKs had killed Glyph, it would have stopped the scum kill.

Gheb's win con was to kill Jordan Chase. If Jordan Chase died without Gheb killing him, Gheb became a VT

GHEB CHOSE TO KILL CHASE (J) NIGHT 2 WOW
BUT THEN MAFIA ROLEBLOCKED HIM SINCE THEY HAD HIM PEGGED AS SK
PRO PLAY

if they had not roleblocked him, it would have stopped the recruit, and Gheb would have won. It would have been INCREDIBLY in town's favor. Tblock and Choice (2 mafia goons now) with the abductee getting out next night, vs everyone. Anyone saying this was unfair for town might as well say that was unfair to scum if it happened lol.

What happened here was WORST CASE SCENARIO. I know, it sucks, I'm sorry, but mafia COMPLETELY outplayed town. The soonest mafia can win is night 2. Did you know town can win after night 1 if played right? More broken? Up to you.

This was a skillfull game, both sides had tons of tools to work with to win, and it all depended on how well they played. Town potentially had 2 cops, a bodyguard, a tracker, and more. That's incredibly dangerous for mafia lmao. So broken imo that it needed the switch power.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ryker will be so salty lololololol. You have no idea Asdioh XD
nah dude, he'll be happy his "mason" buddy was town, when half the game was scum.

[12:33:39 AM] Glyph: asdioh iirc we killed you because we were planning to recruit ryker
[12:33:45 AM] Glyph: at some point
[12:34:07 AM] Glyph: and we couldn't have a mason ruining that
[12:34:10 AM] Glyph: hahaha
[12:35:39 AM] Gova: the mason was a lie
[12:35:40 AM] Gova: !
[12:36:12 AM] Glyph: tricked us
[12:38:17 AM] Asdioh: :|
[12:38:52 AM] WL: I honestly though you were Dexter when you claimed Masons.
[12:39:26 AM]WL: I knew Tandora was Debra, which is why she was town to me.
[12:39:43 AM] WL: Debra has an issue with cussing and everyone being like "wtf tandora" on her initial post pretty much confirmed it.
[12:39:50 AM] WL: She was crumbing mad hardcore and I thought she was a cop.
[12:39:59 AM] WL: That's why I fished for counterclaims when Red Ruy claimed.
man

i go from 3 games to 0 in 24 hours

mannnnnn
lol. yeah i was in 4, then 2, then 3, now 2 again.

This is so odd....I'm not on the receiving end of any of this heat. *ducks*

Regardless, I had a lot of fun. Working with those four guys was fun especially our aim convos together. ^^
FREAKING J

You're hard as hell to meta, but you seemed more likely scum than town. Not like it mattered >_______>

Rajam

Smash Champion
Just for the record, I was a pro-town indy SK... basically a vig with the "survive" condition... idk what Gheb wincon is/was though

Given my role I thought there were 4 scums, and then after Glyph's flip, I thought there were only 3 (+indy abductor+town vig) and that "somehow" Glyph was recruited N1

good job to Choice though, I bet no one suspected strongly he was scum

N2 I was between Asdioh and JTB. If I had chosen Asdioh that would've been lolz

And N1 I killed WL because honestly I thought he was scum... he talked a lot in D1 but was barely giving me any connections and that raised my suspicion on him :s

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I want to say I really enjoyed this game. I think Chibo did a really good job as a first time mod with awesome flavor, prodding players, and keeping up with deadlines very well.

I love that there were no hydras and the game was pretty fast paced with no lagging.

However, I agree the set up is imbalanced purely because the worst case scenario did occur and town was not given three mislynches before losing. It's very frustrating as a townie (because I was a SANE town cop until N2) to know we lynched scum on D2 and it didn't matter.

Some suggestions for future reference:
1) Definitely run your scenario through with a mod first. I could tell you had not because of your comments on the sign up boards.
2) If there are some issues with players, take them private.
3) If you use twilight, make a definite time frame and stay with it. I only mention this because iirc, the OP said twilight was 24 hours.

Overall I had a lot of fun and am very happy with my return to SWF. I really look forward to games hosted by Chibo again in the future and hope this game will have taught him how to be a better mod.

I loved playing with everyone. I had a lot of fun with all of you guys and wish some of you could have posted more before dying.

Deborah Morgan, Sane town cop, *****es!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Did everyone really believe Glyph <_<

I mean what has this world come to

Guy played a straight up Jester game lmao

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tandora does than mean you thought there could be 3 cops?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I want to say I really enjoyed this game. I think Chibo did a really good job as a first time mod with awesome flavor, prodding players, and keeping up with deadlines very well.

I love that there were no hydras and the game was pretty fast paced with no lagging.

However, I agree the set up is imbalanced purely because the worst case scenario did occur and town was not given three mislynches before losing. It's very frustrating as a townie (because I was a SANE town cop until N2) to know we lynched scum on D2 and it didn't matter.

Some suggestions for future reference:
1) Definitely run your scenario through with a mod first. I could tell you had not because of your comments on the sign up boards.
2) If there are some issues with players, take them private.
3) If you use twilight, make a definite time frame and stay with it. I only mention this because iirc, the OP said twilight was 24 hours.

Overall I had a lot of fun and am very happy with my return to SWF. I really look forward to games hosted by Chibo again in the future and hope this game will have taught him how to be a better mod.

I loved playing with everyone. I had a lot of fun with all of you guys and wish some of you could have posted more before dying.

Deborah Morgan, Sane town cop, *****es!
Not a first time mod lol
I ran MXC Mafia in dgames, and iv hosted about 3 or 4 games or so in the LoD

I spoke to Xiivi a bit about this set up when it was queued. Nothing too indept, but it's not like I kept it a secret from everyone.

Glad you enjoyed the game!

Deborah Morgan, Mafia Mentee lmao

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That win con for Dexter does not justify him as a town serial killer, his wincon is to live til the end game that means he doesn't care who wins, thus an independent.

Top Bottom