• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dexter Mafia ~ ...?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I guess I should thank Gheb for pretty much ensuring that I'll survive through the Night o_O

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Chibo if you close this thread yet I am seriously gonna hurt you. >:[

Also why can't I stop saying the point is moot?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A new lead was found on The Barrel Girls case, traces of DNA evidence on the deceased women found in the barrels. Searching it across the criminal database brought the detectives to Boyd Fowler, a disgusting low life who worked in animal control for the city of Miami.

Though not the sole person responsible for the **** and murder of a number of young women, it seems that Boyd was finally brought to justice.

Glyph - Boyd Fowler, Mafia Mentee, has been lynched!​

It is now Night 2. Please send in all night actions as soon as possible.

The deadline for night actions is May 16th @ 9pm EST, or will end sooner if all actions are received.

No posting in this thread, especially since it will be locked.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
"I've been onto Arthur Mitchell for a while now, he's the one they call the Trinity Killer. Mimicking his own life, he preserves a young boys innocence by burying him alive in concrete, then murders a young woman in a bathtub, forces a mother of two to jump to her death, and bludgeons a father to death. In a cycle that has been going for 30 years, he didn't just need to be stopped, I needed to stop him." - Dexter

Any last words?

JTB - Arthur Mitchell, Mafia Two-Face, has been killed!​

"Even with the satisfaction of taking down Trinity himself, I can't help but feel terrible that I took Cody's life by my own hands! It was a mistake, I tried to tell myself over and over. First Rita was murdered and then Cody, I don't even want to get into the details of how that happened. Thankfully there was still Astor, who has finally began to open up to me. I wonder how she is doing right now..." - Dexter

Asdioh - Astor Bennett, Vanilla Townie, has been killed!​

"Open your eyes Dexter! Your whole family is gone. Like the lone wolf you were meant to be, tap into your primal instinct. Now you can truly become the person you were meant to be." - Jordan Chase

"You know nothing of such pain. I think I've began to feel things that I never imagined I would. Sorrow, revenge, hatred. There are still more out there, but what's most important, is that you will never catch me. I'll continue to morn the death of my family, but that will never stop who I am, and who I have become." - Dexter

Rajam - Dexter Morgan, Independent Serial Killer, has reached his win condition (survive to end game) and won!

"That's right everyone, it's time for it all to end. Boyd Fowler, he was an expendable. I have followers all across the globe! And I'm afraid you're all outnumbered. I knew I would get away with it, it's what I wanted, and it's what I got." - Jordan Chase

Soupamario - Angel Batista, Town Bodyguard, has been endgamed!

Dark Horse - Vince Masuka, Town Tracker, has been endgamed!

Gheb_01 - Lumen Pierce, Independent Serial Killer, has been endgamed!

Ryker - Harry Morgan, Town Tree Stump, has never been seen again!​

"And my friends, I am proud to pronounce us as victorious. Enjoy your victory, TAKE IT!" - Jordan Chase

J - Jordan Chase, Mafia Mentor, has won!

Glyph - Boyd Fowler, Mafia Mentee, has won!

Tandora - Debra Morgan, Mafia Mentee, has won!

vVv Choice - Lila Tournay, Mafia Roleblocker, has won!

T-block - Brian Moser, Mafia Abductor, has won!

JTB - Arthur Mitchell, Mafia Two-Face, has won!​

I would like to personally apologize for how short the game lasted. I am however pleased that it ended with a ton of posts after only 2 days, and only a single prod and one replacement. This game was very swingy all dependent on how skilled the players were that played it. Mafia absolutely destroyed this game, they devised key strategies that worked great, and it paid off. Town on the other hand... :/

Mafia was very powerful, but they had things to hurt them. The Mentee always dieing when the mentor did, and the Two-Face role (more on that later) was specifically designed to hinder them. Looking back at it, I wish I didn't include the roleblocker and instead had a regular goon. Town was actually able to win this game after a single day if done right! Also, Dexter's veto power was designed to IMMENSELY help town, but it really wasn't used appropriately. If Rajam veto'd the day 2 lynch (which he really should have imo), the game would have continued.

But still, Mafia straight up owned this game. I was in an absolute shock when Gheb sent in the command to kill J last night, as Lumen's wincon was to kill Jordan Chase. HOWEVER CHOICE ROLEBLOCKED HIM! If Choice hadn't roleblocked him, the game would have HEAVILY swung into town's favor.

I really enjoy Mafia's plan on having Glyph go on the insane offense, so if he died, they could recruit someone in his place. A lot of the roles are pretty intricate, I'll detail them very soon (I should have time to post all the info tonight). But congrats to all, and special congrats to the winners. Who do you all think the MVP should be? I'm thinking Glyph, he set the whole game in motion for mafia.

T-block

B2B TST
Oh lol

MVP: Glyph/J

Either one deserves it imo

I wish I could have been more involved in this game lol... I honestly was unmotivated in the beginning, but I did have every intention of playing starting D2.

Ah well... ggs x.x

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
HOLY **** scum we hardbodied this game and everyone pulled their weight.

And I almost got Gheb lynched after RR claimed cop hahahhaha

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
it is

loooooooooooooool

n1 actions gave us the best advantage ever

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hahaha that was astoundingly fun.

I honestly am loving this ending.

I'll comment more later, especially on all our plans.

Choice/TBlock/Glyph/JTB - You all were astounding to work with and I absolutely loved our team. I have tons to say to each one of you.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
4 mafia

we had an abductor and recruiter

glyph was the recruitee, so we got him to cc red ryu

then we recruited tandora last night

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
no MVP, Broken Set-up

Try to argue that a 5-man scum team and an indy in a 16-person game, ESPECIALLY WHEN said scum team had a recruiter isn't broken, I dare you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Noooooope.

JTB couldn't vote with the rest of the mafia team as a stipulation to his role. So in reality we had 4/6.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It's been over 30 years since you started killing and yet you have evaded being caught every single time, how do you do this? It's because of how you act in the day, you're a model citizen. A married man with a loving family, church go-er, and head of the Four Walls One Heart community build organization.

Trait: Two-Face To continue in being successful in your crimes, you completely disguise yourself as a member of the town in each day phase. In the day phase you will be counted as a townsperson, and count towards the town total. In addition to this, you must keep your distance from fellow mafia members and may not be on the lynch pool of a days lynch with every other remaining member of your faction. For instance, if three mafia members are alive (including you) and someone is lynched, you may not be on the lynch pool with both of the other members of your faction. You may be on it along with one of them, but not both. You can be voting with every other faction member at the same time, just not when the day ends. The punishment for not following this rule is death.

Because of your alignment switching between Town and Mafia, the ratio count of Town to Mafia (for endgame purposes) is counted at: The beginning of a day phase, the end of a day phase, and at the end of a night phase (not the beginning of a night phase). You may continue to speak outside of the game with your faction during the day phase.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
JTB was like a mafia traitor if that makes any sense. I mean that's the best way I can think to describe it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You shouldn't be able to win the game so easily by night 2. >_>;

JTB what you described is NOTHING but broken. -_-;

This setup was broken. TWO serial killers, correct? Add that to the scum team and just no. Not at all. Broken.

:172:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I honestly can't see a justified MVP for this setup...

Glyph did what he had to do for his faction but, imo, he was obvscum the whole time while doing it. As a replacement not even in the game, I was shocked when town lynched RR over Glyph (and almost lynched Gheb the next day like lolwtf).

I don't really know what happened behind the scenes as much but, again, this was the epitome of swingy...

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, JTB was essentially town. Counted towards town numbers, and wasn't allowed to vote if the rest of us were voting someone.

How is that broken, Joey? The only way I can see it being good for mafia is if there was a daycop.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That's still broken as ****. Even if you "count as town" during day phase, you were still scum, there were six scum by the end of the game, and that's over a third of the game.

THat's ****ing broken.

Scum should never exceed more than a quarter of a player list at any given time, don't feed me some gimmick that makes one town during the day. It doesn't count if that player ultimately adds to the scum win total. By the end of the game, the scum team had six players on it. Six. That's ****ing broken.

Throw in the two Indies at the start, town technically only had nine players to the five scum. This game was very easily going to end by D3 and no one could do anything about it. Gheb or Rajam had to NKill J just for the game to continue onto D3.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
O_O

I'm going to read this when I have the time. I didn't think scum would kill me with the way I was acting :O The reason I thought Glyph could be town is because of the switch role. I was able to choose who was able to do what so I thought maybe I could switch on one cop at a time or something.

It would have been nice to be in this game in the beginning. I've never seen a game like this lol.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Let me rephrase that: Scum and indies should never exceed over a quarter/a fifth of the player count (not sure on that).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
knew J was scum
knew T-block was scum
knew Gheb was scum
thought JTB was probably scum
the only one that was scum that I didn't expect was choice.

IT'S EASY TO GUESS WHO SCUM IS WHEN LITERALLY HALF THE GAME IS SCUM :mad:

Sorry but this was horribly imbalanced. It was fun anyway, being "masoned" with Ryker, who ended up being town with me because we're that good. Suck it.

The fact that we lynched town D1 and scum D2 and lost D3 proves it was broken. gg anyway :p

also the reason I claimed Mason is because I was a mere VT, and wanted to soak up a NK. I knew Ryker would be competent enough to survive without me after it was revealed we weren't masons.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
By the end of the game, there was an 8:6 town to scum ratio. That is unjustifiably broken no matter what the scum's roles did. Throw in the lack of protectives and the three ****ing kills a night and town had no chance. The game being over by D3 is high evidence of this.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Not even that. Town could have lynched correctly both days and still lost by D3.

Town could have also won the entire game by D2.

Broken.

T-block

B2B TST
Scum did seem really strong though. Even at the beginning of the game, I was thinking town must have crazy powers to balance us.

lol 13 people reading this thread

Top Bottom