• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dexter Mafia ~ ...?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
first off, how do you go and trash all of my games like this?

what do you mean this isn't the first time? cite specific examples of imbalanced setups from me outside of this one

jesus christ everyone is overreaction so much

it just looks so bad because scum played flawlessly.
town shouldnt have fallen for such a ridiculous counter claim anyway
I looked scummy, and another player claimed sane cop in a game that actually had two sane cops. Also if Tandora CC'd we would have lynched a cop under that assumption, one town could have counter claimed another with the same role thinking one was lying. Two sane cops is near unbelievable in mafia games. Scum didn't play flawlessly, Glyph got lynched and we still lost. Indies shot at town, Mafia had nothing to do with that, one SK didn't care who won, so he was a moot point.

People have a right to complain, when 9 man games, with one exception being one of your games, have never ended on N2/D3.

Why don't you think a 16 man game ending as early as a 9 man is bad?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo. Your setup was imbalanced. There for people will react. It's justified. Stop acting like it's not.

:172:
I said I believe it's in scums favor, but not to the extreme amount that people are making it seem

and still when it comes down to it, very active quick game that everyone enjoyed playing
one replacement, one prod, no activity problems, tons of posts in little time

Chibo you know EXACTLY what game I'm talking about. Similar problems to this one too, this one's just a more extreme example.
I honestly don't. MXC? I believe that was very balanced.

I looked scummy, and another player claimed sane cop in a game that actually had two sane cops. Also if Tandora CC'd we would have lynched a cop under that assumption, one town could have counter claimed another with the same role thinking one was lying. Two sane cops is near unbelievable in mafia games. Scum didn't play flawlessly, Glyph got lynched and we still lost. Indies shot at town, Mafia had nothing to do with that, one SK didn't care who won, so he was a moot point.

People have a right to complain, when 9 man games, with one exception being one of your games, have never ended on N2/D3.

Why don't you think a 16 man game ending as early as a 9 man is bad?
A game can end at any time, there's no need to follow exact suit. I personally wish mafia games would last shorter overall. I'm considering hosting games with 5 day days and 1 day nights. I feel people would be more active in games in general if they didn't have to invest so much time in a single game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A game can end at any time, there's no need to follow exact suit. I personally wish mafia games would last shorter overall. I'm considering hosting games with 5 day days and 1 day nights. I feel people would be more active in games in general if they didn't have to invest so much time in a single game.
Mafia can be shorter with shortened deadlines, I approve since some players like that as well, not game shortened because of it's swingy nature with kills, in this case still super swinging into scum's favor by a large margin.

The difference here Chibo is the game ending was nearly out of control of one set of players, town could have lynched correctly days 1 and day 2 and still lost. After that it relies on luck to nail with PRs correctly.

I'm sorry Chibo but I have to be honest with you, this game was not balanced. No one, even some members of scum, think it qas balanced.

Don't blame it on the D1 mislynch, that means town had to lynch correctly d1 to win, that is extremely hard to do in a 16 man set-up, why do you think this is acceptable?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That's not what he was getting at. This game was extremely unbalanced for reasons already stated. You don't realize this. You should realize this, because it would make you better at making these setups. No game should end at start of D3. 16 man especially. Even worst case scenario.

:172:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Here's the PM I sent to Chibo on D2:

asdioh, you can pretty much rally messages from ryker to us, cant you?
If a person has a quicktopic with another person (:troll:) and goes missing so they can't post in the thread, are they allowed to post in their QT?[/QUOTE]to which Chibo replied "No" ;)

Like I said, I had fun. I think Chibo is aware by now that yes, this game was imbalanced, but I personally don't really care, even though I was on the losing faction, lol.

Gheb's gonna be mad when he wakes up though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I honestly don't. MXC? I believe that was very balanced.
You believe this game is balanced too.

The only reason the salt didn't overflow from most people in that game was because not only did town win, but it was a joint win. If the losing faction wasn't the one that had the advantage, the salt would've flowed.

Seriously chibo, no hate, you're a good guy, but your games that I've played/observed so far have just not been balanced.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
When J gets here I want him to explain why he thought I was vig and admit I outplayed him in this game :p

still think me and Ryker should be MVPs :3

Choice

Smash Champion
Here's the PM I sent to Chibo on D2:

to which Chibo replied "No" ;)

Like I said, I had fun. I think Chibo is aware by now that yes, this game was imbalanced, but I personally don't really care, even though I was on the losing faction, lol.

Gheb's gonna be mad when he wakes up though.
that almost got me in so much trouble. i had written up a post and had i not preview posted before i sent it in, i wouldnt have realized that i had essentially implied that i knew how abducting worked.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Vote Count 1-13

The deadline has been set for 9:00pm EST on May 12th

With 16 players alive it takes 9 to lynch!

WashedLaundry (1) - Rajam,
Red Ryu (9) - WashedLaundry, Dark Horse, Glyph, vVv Choice, T-block, J, Red Ryu, Ryker, Soupamario,
Dark Horse (1) - Tandora,

J (2) - Gheb_01, Asdioh,

Not Voting (3) - Gordito, JTB, Zen,
Vote Count 2-4

The deadline has been set for 3:00pm EST on May 19th

With 11 players alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Glyph (6) - Soupamario, Rajam, vVv Choice, Dark Horse, J, Gheb_01,
Gheb_01 (2) - Glyph, Tandora,

Not Voting (3) - T-block, JTB, Asdioh,
just pointing out who was who on the lynches. On D2, there were 5 mafia, and only 4 could be on a wagon at a time because of JTB's restriction. Anyway, with 6 to lynch, it was possible to have 4 mafia and 2 serial killers to lynch a townie o_o

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
To be fair, there have been people who have hosted unbalanced games, heck my first game I hosted LoZ mafia was unbalanced into town's favor a bit.

However I would at least suggest you consider the criticism your receiving from this game.

I don't hate you or anyone for this game, but I do think this game was unbalanced into scum's favor by a lot. I'm being honest about that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What are you talking about

talking to you is like talking to a brick wall
The fact that you still believe Dexter is balanced suggests that you apply a similar criteria to MxC, which doesn't say much about whether MxC is balanced.

Chibo, you have yet to prove to my satisfaction that either MxC or this game was balanced, of course I don't plan on changing my point of view. I always go into a discussion anticipating the possibility that I will be proven incorrect, and it has happened on multiple occasions. But don't expect me to just change my views because you protest that it was balanced.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Since this ended so quickly, would you all be interested in another game? I have a 12p setup I've been waiting to run for a while, so if 12 of you are interested...

I promise it's much more balanced than this, and I'll have it approved by Sold

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Since this ended so quickly, would you all be interested in another game? I have a 12p setup I've been waiting to run for a while, so if 12 of you are interested...

I promise it's much more balanced than this, and I'll have it approved by Sold

you'll hafta get in the queue

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
When J gets here I want him to explain why he thought I was vig and admit I outplayed him in this game :p
I honestly lost at your after-game comments Asdioh.

Anyways it was something you said w.r.t. bringing up the vigging business almost randomly and asking for only two candidates for vigging then one of your said picks that only really you and myself commented on ended up dieing got me thinking. *shrug*

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
My mistake, we hit scum Day 2. IT WAS LYLO ON DAY 1!!!

The next time you make a set-up, Chibo, chill out with it. Do something tame. Make a bunch of VTs and a goon.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wat

i'm sorry but wat

._.

i was right about my reads again by the way >.>

#HBC | ѕoup

mafia shouldn't be given the option to recruit, it gives the game a high imbalance noting how they can just keep on recruiting and win by numbers, as shown here.

#HBC | ѕoup

Recruiters can be balanced in certain situations, mafia shouldn't be that OP, they already are given NK's and plenty of other powers, but recruiting makes it unwinnable for town, the only people who should be able to recruit are third-party masons.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Recruits can be balanced. Thats not the problem.

Having a NK a recruitment and an abduction was the problem, really.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Uh yeah about those private game rules, I still gotta implement them and everything.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh come on, I was told to expect major salt from Ryker and to a lesser extent, Gheb. :/

Top Bottom