• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted (Please Close)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hmm, it looks like it takes precision to do.
Can they also DI out of the Fair before the last hit?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I imagine they can but very hard to do.

They can also tech the stage spike. Still, better than nothing.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i think this could work. it may only once or twice but it could work.

*edit*
couldn't they just phantasm instead?

*more edit*
Yeah, i think this coudl work

*more editing*
maybe, itd be better if they sweet spot the ledge, and than gimp you.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Fox can just shine first after you jab before his DJ.
They will still get hit by the fair, I'm pretty sure. Infact shining after the jab would make it worse for Fox since it would keep him in the same spot but even lower.

It's pretty cool, but you can also run off and Dair (without FF).
That doesn't work. Fox will grab the edge before you will be able to run off and dair him. Its hard and risky to do anyways cause you can accidently fastfall SD.

i think this could work. it may only once or twice but it could work.

*edit*
couldn't they just phantasm instead?

*more edit*
Yeah, i think this coudl work

*more editing*
maybe, itd be better if they sweet spot the ledge, and than gimp you.
If you see them DJing back and about to phantasm then don't bother reverse Fairing and instead grab the ledge or edgeguard them. Either way this setup puts Fox in a bad position.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Well if they're able to tech the stagespike wouldn't they be able to gimp you?
Falco still has his double jump by the time fox techs so you can uair them or firebird at the right time to grab the ledge. But you may be right, its all a matter of reflex from both players.

Not to mention fairing them into the bottom of the stage also makes teching harder/impossible or even useless because you can firebird back to the edge before they do.

Also i think its possible to pull off the fair faster than what i did in the video.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This looks like it's a mixup maneuver for a KO.

I guess it'll work once per match.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
it's a good idea but the fox could just away from the stage to avoid the fair altogether

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
it's a good idea but the fox could just away from the stage to avoid the fair altogether
Ya I would say it would work 1 time maybe in a match until they lrn but its a 0-death why not try it at least once a match.
This doesnt have to be a fox either if you think about it It could be any char including, Samus, Lucario and Jiggs. Others will be most likly be DIing to get ready to tech the spike they assume is coming making them stay right in front of you. Then you can just pull this off. I like this a lot.

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
this may not work, but it still racks up damage none the less. it really puts the fox at a bad position. the only thing is, if you miss the fair, it'll leave you in a worse position, since it lasts so long. i'd prefer a bair...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Bair works but Fair has more priority/range and can stage spike better. You can use bair way faster though

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
ROFL. A good Fox will simply do a RISING FAIR, and will recover far more efficiently. Not to mention backing up, and Shine stalling low into DJFair wrecks this as well. It's okay as a mix-up, but not reliable vs high caliber Foxes.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Like i said before shine won't help. fox doing fair wont help either since falcos fair will still hit him from the back while fox is doing his fair and falco's fair will DRAG HIM DOWN into a stage spike. the only solution is to back up. Fox doing any sort of vertical recovery will just get ***** by falcos fair.

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
i tried it once already, its quite delicious.the best thing the fox can do tho, is to drop and wait for you to fair and then recover hoping you miss

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Wont jabbing fox out of his DJ and perhaps jab him again so he wont sweetspot the ledge be a better idea ? Cus this way he'll need to use his up B which is ( I think so) kinda easy to gimp.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
ROFL. A good Fox will simply do a RISING FAIR, and will recover far more efficiently. Not to mention backing up, and Shine stalling low into DJFair wrecks this as well. It's okay as a mix-up, but not reliable vs high caliber Foxes.
^ Is correct Rising Fair sends Fox higher, has protection cause of hitboxes, and Rising Fair moves faster upwards than a regular jump. This might only work on time if they forget the Rising Fair.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
^ Is correct Rising Fair sends Fox higher, has protection cause of hitboxes, and Rising Fair moves faster upwards than a regular jump. This might only work on time if they forget the Rising Fair.
>_> That's like saying Falcon can land Falcon Punches only if there opponent forgets to spot dodge (ect.,ect.).

It simply won't happen.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Why not Bair to rising Bair?
Fair has more range (they may be able to DJ away easier if you try bairing) and fair can "drag" your opponent down for a guaranteed stage spike.

Also sometimes when I try bairing a fox out of his firefox he's able to grab the edge instead of my bair hitting him. Iono

Wont jabbing fox out of his DJ and perhaps jab him again so he wont sweetspot the ledge be a better idea ? Cus this way he'll need to use his up B which is ( I think so) kinda easy to gimp.
If you jab, and they DJ right back to the same place, yeah you can jab them again which forces a firefox and a free fair spike for you. But a smart fox will DJ aiming for the edge, not your face again.

He can DJFair!
Jabbing won't exactly beat that out on him.
Fair will.

Fox's fair still leaves his behind open. It doesn't matter how high fox's fair sends him up cause Falco's fair will drag him all the way back down.

Can't jabbing be used to gimp more characters out of chaingrab?
I'm gonna try it out on more characters later. I'm also gonna see if running off the stage, b sticking laser towards the stage and then fairing is faster.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm gonna try it out on more characters later. I'm also gonna see if running off the stage, b sticking laser towards the stage and then fairing is faster.
Sounds like a fair plan (har har har)

I'd think this could possibly work on GW, although his upB might go through fair.

This could work on:

Captain Falcon
Falco (now that spike is survivable as sht)
GW
Ganondorf
Ike (if you catch him out of super armor)
Lucario (if the jabs combo from chaingrab :/)
WeeGee
Mario
Marth (if the jabs combo from the chaingrab, who knows... running usmash does too ;))
Pit
Charizard/ivy
ROB
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Sonic
Wario
Wolf
Zelda

My list is probably pretty inacurate, but I guess I can help with testing some of this tomorrow =)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Stage list that this is confirmed with?

(Darn, it won't work in Halberd, a popular Fox CP, unless we are fighting on top of the battleship)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stage list that this is confirmed with?

(Darn, it won't work in Halberd, a popular Fox CP, unless we are fighting on top of the battleship)
This probably works on all neutrals though and seeing as they'll probably see it coming after the first time (then can DI the fair afterwards/tech it) you can use it on the neutral :)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
U covered the vid with the notes well, I was gonna say he could ledge tech it, then i read it in your notes. Nice call.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Fox can Shine stall below the stage until Falco can't Fair then DJ,can't him?
still it can be useful if someone doesn't know this trick.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I think the biggest point that we're all missing here is that Falco can true combo a jab out of his downthrow to very high percents and it leads to some very interesting setups, particularly off the stage.

Nice Falco. I didn't think Flaco would look good in purple xP

How about the Nair for this purpose? I think it's harder to DI, and even if it doesn't stage spike it'll put fox under the stage a bad spot to be for him with his recovery.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
As a lot of people have pointed out, Foxcopter would stop most attempts to gimp if all you did was run off the stage, so run off > Nair or Bair wouldn't work. Ozz had to pivot and jump off backwards to avoid it. Since you're already facing that way, you might as well Fair.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
So apparently you can spike fox after the CG but its very hard. so this whole thing is kinda useless hehe. but i am gonna try it on other characters later.

Top Bottom