• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delete model parts? Wow this weeks powns.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The first question proves you did NOT read the entirety of this thread or you would have seen that I answered this earlier. It removes it on only one costume since it is handled by each individual FitChar##.pac/.pcs

I'm not sure about the second question. I'm assuming it'd remove the entire thing.

Already done. One of the swordless Link's has it removed.
Lol at your first paragraph.
Sorry to pee in your cheerios but you didn't prove anything, I stated that I didn't look through the 11 pages of this topic, what is there to prove? It's good that it only removes for one costume thanks for telling me.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I have a question. Deleting marth's cape... and even ikes gives me a messed up streached polygon thing. (ike's isn't a problem seen as how you can make his whole cape transparent) Also, this may hep more... but does anyone know how to edit materials so that you can make it transparent? this would help for deleting part of a polygon that contains part you dont want to delete. Thanks

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I need Link with just the upper belt removed. That would be awesome~
I'll do that for you after I get back. A'ight? :3

Afterwards, I'll get started on the other requests that I've got... which are giving me a bit of trouble. I'll figure out how to get 'em working, though.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Done. Here's a replacement MDL0 that has Link with no tunic strap, but with a belt and everything else.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjagn051zo0

Can't test it right now, but it should work.
Thanks so much~

You should make a big tutorial on how you do everything Random.

That would probably bring down the requests, or at least make it so other people can complete them.

I personally would love to learn how you get the vertices in a model editor and remove them like you did with Link's belt.

This stuff interests me a lot, but I need help learning it. I'm sure other people are just as interested.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Agh, I just tested it.

Its great, but with both of your modifications of his belt strap, he has lines sticking out of the bottom of his tunic, and it turns into a horrible mess when he jumps.
Whenever you get the chance could you fix that?

I might as well request the removal of his chainmail as well, I think I'm having problems with that too. I need to pretty much remove all of the chainmail except for the part on his chest and under his arms.

There's no rush. If you need pictures of the error, I can get that.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Agh, I just tested it.

Its great, but with both of your modifications of his belt strap, he has lines sticking out of the bottom of his tunic, and it turns into a horrible mess when he jumps.
Whenever you get the chance could you fix that?

I might as well request the removal of his chainmail as well, I think I'm having problems with that too. I need to pretty much remove all of the chainmail except for the part on his chest and under his arms.

There's no rush. If you need pictures of the error, I can get that.
Dang. Don't worry about showing me any pictures of it, because I know how it'll look.

As for how that can be fixed, all I have to say is this: Wait patiently for Pharrox's model converter to be released, then you can remove model parts without any errors, since I can't seem to be able to remove parts rigged to more than one bone without buggering something else up. =/

That's the reason why I haven't been able to do the other requests I've gotten, either...

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Dang. Don't worry about showing me any pictures of it, because I know how it'll look.

As for how that can be fixed, all I have to say is this: Wait patiently for Pharrox's model converter to be released, then you can remove model parts without any errors, since I can't seem to be able to remove parts rigged to more than one bone without buggering something else up. =/

That's the reason why I haven't been able to do the other requests I've gotten, either...
Ahh, I understand. That's fine.

Can you still make some tutorials or explainations? I'd really like to know how to do all of this when Pharrox's converter comes out.

I just want to know how all of this works, I'm curious and rather fascinated with all of this model hacking and whatnot.

mofo_

Smash Ace
can you remove stuff from kirby hats? removing wolfs and foxes head gear and we'd be able to make cool textures

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Makes sense... I'm not trying to pressure you at all when I ask this, but do the glitches show up when model parts are deleted, or shrunk?

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Makes sense... I'm not trying to pressure you at all when I ask this, but do the glitches show up when model parts are deleted, or shrunk?
Glitches show up in game, obviously.

In brawl box, sometimes. I had to put all of Link on wireframe to notice the random lines sticking out.

If you mean do they show up either when deleted or shrunk, it happens both ways. Sometimes some parts just don't work as well as others.

*shrugs* To be honest, I'm not too sure. I dont know how he edited Link's tunic strap.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If you mean do they show up either when deleted or shrunk, it happens both ways. Sometimes some parts just don't work as well as others.

*shrugs* To be honest, I'm not too sure. I dont know how he edited Link's tunic strap.
Yeah, I wanted to figure out whether deletion or shrinking causes problems. I'm trying to make Jigglypuff effectively invisible by either removing or shrinking the model (for use with my character Wisp), which had problems similar to the ones described, I think. Except much worse. So, I'm wondering if one way or the other actually works.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
not sure if this would be the right thread, but does anyone know of a way to swap polygons between characters? for example, i want pit's wings on Kirby

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried to do some manual hexing myself for some of the models. It was pretty tricky to figure out at first, but I did read RandomTBush's posts on how to remove model parts, and followed them to the letter.

I was later able to modify the model inside the file, PeachR1.brres, so that polygon20 wasn't visible. Polygon20 for that model was basically the inside of Peach's dress.

I basically hexed the vertices file, SkirtM1_FitPeach00_lambert99, and that prevented polygon20 from being visible in-game, which is pretty useful for if parts of the dress is transparent.

I used Translhexton while doing the manual hexing.

Darkji

Smash Cadet
I guess request may be boring, but a shield-less Link (-> Fierce Deity Link)), a belt-less Toon Link (Pajama TLink) and a cap-less Mario (Dr Mario) would be cool !

Famiac

Smash Rookie
could someone make me a Captain falcon with no helmet and those annoying white triangles plz?

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
I guess request may be boring, but a shield-less Link (-> Fierce Deity Link)), a belt-less Toon Link (Pajama TLink) and a cap-less Mario (Dr Mario) would be cool !
Already been done sir.

And Famiac, you can't remove captain falcons helmet because there isn't anything under it. It would be a headless captain.

Darkji

Smash Cadet
Really ? I've been looking at the whole thread and i didn't see any download link...
Could you post it ? I must be dumb. :dizzy:

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Nope.

I have a guide somewhere (I didn't make it, or try it out yet, but it makes perfect sense).

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0wdioniyzm

It was written by Saand1338, btw.
I don't understand how we go from 3A660 to 3AD30. And how do I know how large of a selection TotalLen is equal to?

Okay, wow. The formatting is really screwed up. Could you convert this to a pdf?

...aaand I think I have figured it out. The pictures were all overlapping and I couldn't really tell what was going on at first.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
Really ? I've been looking at the whole thread and i didn't see any download link...
Could you post it ? I must be dumb. :dizzy:
Look at previous posts in the thread, there is a sword/shieldless link.

If you need to remove just his shield, I suggest you look for the tutorial on how to remove model parts, also buried in this thread.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
I don't understand how we go from 3A660 to 3AD30. And how do I know how large of a selection TotalLen is equal to?

Okay, wow. The formatting is really screwed up. Could you convert this to a pdf?

...aaand I think I have figured it out. The pictures were all overlapping and I couldn't really tell what was going on at first.
That was tricky, what he didn't specify is that you have to add 32 to the MDL0Offset so you don't delete the header.

Basically, look at the piece you want to remove in brawlbox, in the "vertices". Get the MDL0Offset and add 32 to it, convert to hex. Then get the TotalLen, subtract 32 from it and convert to hex.

Then open the MDL0 in the hex editor, find the MDLOffset, and "select" the TotalLen, so if your total len is 420 in hex, and your MDL0Offset is 3AD30, you're going to find 3AD30, and select 420.

Its very hard to explain, hopefully it makes more sense.

(SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I managed to figure it out but thanks for the response, it's clearer now. Does this delete the model part or just move all the vertices to a single point? I did this to one of Ganon's hair ornaments (he has one for each facial expression). It misbehaves when he warlock punches... it's kinda funny.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
I managed to figure it out but thanks for the response, it's clearer now. Does this delete the model part or just move all the vertices to a single point? I did this to one of Ganon's hair ornaments (he has one for each facial expression). It misbehaves when he warlock punches... it's kinda funny.
From what I've heard, it shrinks it down to a very small size.

Something of the sort. Not sure to be exact. I wish I knew the technicalities.

I've noticed there are some things that this method doesn't work on, such as Link's chainmail.

Even if I do it right, his chainmail sticks out of the bottom of his tunic. Its both entertaining and annoying.

Unfortunately, there isn't much more that can be done about these issues except wait for a new method, someone to explain it better, or wait for Pharrox's model extractor.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it just moves all the vertices to 0,0,0. I've tried "removing" both Ganon's and Marth's cape using this method and in both cases there are a few points attached to their shoulders that stretch to the origin.

It would be great if someone wrote a code that allows any texture to have transparency. For exaple, if magenta were the universal transparent, then in any texture, pure magenta would show up as transparent.

Ganon's hairpiece is interesting in that it has a separate model for every facial expression he makes. You need to get rid of ALL of his headpiece vertices. Ive already done that though, so here you go :D

Headpieceless Ganon http://www.mediafire.com/?ytixo32qim2
Scouterless Falco http://www.mediafire.com/?jgym0nnylzz
Crownless Peach http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2zz2weznq

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
hi sorry if I'm bothering you guys but I have tried everything: when I remove the ike's belt the boots desappear as well so if anyone would mind telling me if there is a way of doing this for his belt and shoulder only, thanks in advance.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
It's not going to work, unfortunately. I tried pinching in the leg vertices, and it made it all crapped up in-game. We'll have to wait until the MDL0 compiler comes out before anything like that is possible. By that time, we'll be able to make a proper Rayman, Haunter, etc.

(Well, I kinda expected as much, considering that I don't know too much about the MDL0 format.)
What is this, a month after the quoted post?

Lemme see if it works in-game first.

However, I had to do it manually with BrawlBox, so this is only for Wait1.

If I wanted this for every subaction, I might have to do it manually.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Rayman!! :D awesome dude. Oh, and BigSharkZ deleted lucario's "spines" on his head (ala mewtwo) so I wanted to try this, but when I did, it removed alot more than just his spines... I believe it was like his legs and important things like that. So, my question is, how? Or did he edit the animation?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
oh yea, forgot to tell you.

i haven't played any Rayman games, so I'm probably gonna hand this off to someone else.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I already have more ideas than I can keep track of right now... but sadly, any guides I find just confuse the hell out of me.

So, can someone please make a Marth model without polygons 2, 3, 47, 48, 49, 53, 54, 55 and 56?

And if possible, Link with no left gauntlet so he's symmetrical.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
....is this how Redd Ike was made? I would imagine changing a model's part works the same way.

That gives me an idea....

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I keep forgetting to ask, does anyone know what the program is used in the KC:MM tutorial? I really want to try this out myself.

Top Bottom