• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delete model parts? Wow this weeks powns.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Wow, super quick! Thanks very much Vile -- this should really help improve Wisp. It may even make him not incredibly frustrating to see! Thanks again!

MaxThunder

PM Support
All you need is the file replacement code (or to insert the .pcs into the ISO) for this too work. It's a separate costume.
...i know that... i asked how this works in ocarina... the emulator in the picture... cause i would really like that...

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
That could be easily achieved already in Texture Hacks

Try Moveswapping Falcon Skin and DK Skeleton and then have it's right leg deleted as well as its left arm ...
O.O! Now that's some Tokyo Gore Police s**t right there!!:laugh:
No it can't. That's only with Ganon and Ike.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
That could be easily achieved already in Texture Hacks

actually it can't marth is one of those characters who refuse to let anyting turn transparent, trust me ive tried it several times, if you look closely ull realize that there are no marth textures that use any transparency, but now that we can do this that problem is resolved, O happy day:bee:

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
for the one of swordless link, could you also remove the strap that goes across the front of his shirt? or help me to do it? Is this hard to do? I hav brawlbox and everything but I havent tried this yet

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
for the one of swordless link, could you also remove the strap that goes across the front of his shirt? or help me to do it? Is this hard to do? I hav brawlbox and everything but I havent tried this yet
It's a little bit harder to remove one single element from a polygon section, because you'll need a 3D modeling program to pinpoint the specific vertices that need to be removed. I've done the work for you.

Here's sword-less, shield-less, Clawshot-less (optional) AND tunic-strap-less Link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1muntcjmmy1

Just a quick model part removal request:

I need the Hat Brim removed from this model... Yes, I know it will remove the little ball at the top of the hat, but that's fine; I need the hat brim removed either way.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ddbyf5odqm2
Erm. The file's private, so I can't access it. Lemme guess, though... You want to remove the brim for the Masked Man skin for Ness, right? I can get that done for you, but I'll want to do some additional tweaking so that the hat won't have an awkward curve where the brim would be.

(EDIT: Gah. Never mind. I would have to add in a few extra polygons for it to look decent, so I can't do it at this moment. Sorry...)

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
You da man Random T, thx alot, Im gonna try to learn how to do this myself, cuz I have a few other ideas to go with my textures from back when the texture hacking thing was big

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey, Vile! The model removal of Jigglypuff is great for how Wisp works, but... I'm finding some severe problems with whatever method you used. In the Results screen, and on Smashville and Pokemon Stadium 2, the screen goes incredibly glitchy when the invisible Jigglypuff texture is in play... the game even seems to lag and then speed up inexplicably during the few moments the screen is not blocked by some shape. This problem may exist for other levels, but only these have I noticed it on.

So, if you have any hunch why this is occuring or how to fix it, that I'd be very grateful. I'm still grateful for the model, even though it will have to be left unused if this can't be solved.

I posted this here rather than in a PM to warn others that it is entirely possible to screw things up by changing models. So, make sure you don't just test in the Training Room on FD!

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Im not really sure why its doing that, you could try and make the game use less power by removing the textures.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Im not really sure why its doing that, you could try and make the game use less power by removing the textures.
Just tried this by deleting the entire texture section, but the overall problem remains; the only noticeable difference is that now the graphical glitches look slightly different.

Was there explanation on how to pull this off in this thread? If so, I could try to replicate it myself and test the thing more thoroughly.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I can't get Olimar's Nose and Antenna to be removed
Can anyone tell me the directories to be modified?

(BTW: How do I edit values in BrawkBox?)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
@Eldiran. The victory animations may do something weird.

I can't think of anything specific, but I have seen what you are talking about happen with a model swap before. I swapped ganons model into jiggs, and it works fine, but TWO times, I got polygons stretched all over the screen and framerate lag.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Eldiran. The victory animations may do something weird.

I can't think of anything specific, but I have seen what you are talking about happen with a model swap before. I swapped ganons model into jiggs, and it works fine, but TWO times, I got polygons stretched all over the screen and framerate lag.
I would think that it was exclusive to winning, but this happens during regular gameplay on Smashville and PS2. If you'd like to see it, the link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zlty1dnhzjv

If you have any idea how to fix this, I'd be much indebted. It's keeping me from making lots of improvements to Wisp. (Not that you aren't already busy with tons of other stuff.)

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about link and model removing, can u only remove the entire section of a model, or can u only shrink pieces of it? Is it possible to remove link's tunic below his belt but keep the upper half?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I think you can verify that by yourself by opening up BrawlBox

In there, load up a char.pac and then go to the directories where the models are. Right Click on the mdl0 object and select Preview

That way, you'll be able to find out for any character the quick and easy way

BTW @ Everyone: Is it possible to turn Olimar's nose Transparent in the same texture file?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I think you can verify that by yourself by opening up BrawlBox

In there, load up a char.pac and then go to the directories where the models are. Right Click on the mdl0 object and select Preview

That way, you'll be able to find out for any character the quick and easy way

BTW @ Everyone: Is it possible to turn Olimar's nose Transparent in the same texture file?
well I dont actually know how to delete model parts yet, thats why I asked, otherwise I'd have done it myself a while ago

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
Hey, RandomTBush, do you think you could make a captain falcon without a scarf and shoulder pad, i'd really appreciate that. Is there any way that we can alter those eye triangled on him also. Maybe change their color or or shape

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Materials are the things that get applied onto the model.

It practically holds everything that isn't the bones or model.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I'm trying to make Dedede's face, hands, feet, and hammer invisible.

When I look in his hammer's vertex thing in smashbox, its offset is -232800. I try searching that in the .pcs in Translhextion, and I get an invalid offset error... This happens for anything I try to do.

Help?

Top Bottom