• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

D

Deleted member

guys im really interested in this panelist idea so give you BEST input on the panelist thread please.i have been working on a few things and would like you guys to help out w/it when it comes up buuut anywho yea lets get that panel for DE!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I dont get what a panelist is....

Oh and Tru= i came up with something...
How would you like to be Kneed or Falcon Pawnched by Falcon?

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
guys im really interested in this panelist idea so give you BEST input on the panelist thread please.i have been working on a few things and would like you guys to help out w/it when it comes up buuut anywho yea lets get that panel for DE!
We already did, a few pages back.

And it's THURMAN THOMAS, FOOL!

D

Deleted member

We already did, a few pages back.

And it's THURMAN THOMAS, FOOL!
i know but i think woz would like to see more than just that(not counting nick gj)

we need to give them credible stuff to work with and NOT try to worry about the ones attempting to bring us down.

i want to get de ahead in a positive way with good examples =)

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
i know but i think woz would like to see more than just that(not counting nick gj)

we need to give them credible stuff to work with and NOT try to worry about the ones attempting to bring us down.

i want to get de ahead in a positive way with good examples =)

You gotta give me something to go on. I don't know what to write about! I already expressed some thoughts, at least the ones that came to mind. Anything you think I should give my viewpoint or impression of, Tru, mah boi?

D

Deleted member

well i mean things like our track record and number of tournies as well as how many active players there actually are in DE basically just emphasize on what i was generally saying and ignore any negative posts because only we would look bad.

oh heres the link justin.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89954

you guys have done well just MAKE SHORE you stay mature about it =)

also i want to held a few upcoming fests for melee and brawl so we can show how many ppl there really are in DE.

i have been compiling a list of all active players but i think having a local tourny track record for each of us would benefit us greatly and show that we really are enthusiastic towards this game.

Srules

Smash Apprentice
so apparently there's a thing called smash boards .... thanks for reminding me Tru= .... who IMs people at 4 in the morning ... and more over ... who else besides me and tru= are awake at 4 in the morning on a Wednesday ?

Just wanted to check in with the Delaware people.

For those who don't recognize Srules ... this is Nick ... and I usually go with Byah as my tag

D

Deleted member

so apparently there's a thing called smash boards .... thanks for reminding me Tru= .... who IMs people at 4 in the morning ... and more over ... who else besides me and tru= are awake at 4 in the morning on a Wednesday ?

Just wanted to check in with the Delaware people.

For those who don't recognize Srules ... this is Nick ... and I usually go with Byah as my tag
for those who dont know this is epics training partner so hes pretty good =)

also there are two nicks xell and srules btw so theres no confusion.

thnx alot for postin' man!!!

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Yup Srules pretty much has been a training partner for some time.

And I finally managed to find 3rd strike to play and get good.

But I think that I might need to find a stick to use since I'm having trouble trying to do Urien Charge moves effectively.

Also...CastleVania Judgement...Lolgasm...I'm suprised Shanoa and Grant are actually in the game.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
i was testing something on aim and found this hilarious
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/truequal/lol.png

**** dude where've you been :p

Oh and who else is up that late?
Hmmm... i dunno... but i'd like to get some sleep sometime soon >_>

If i'm acting slow or weird on friday, just ignore it.

Yo Tru... i could probably do this for fun:
I could take live action footage of you getting kneed by a CG Cfalcon :D

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I'll put up a list of tourneys that I've been to sometime this week. The main way to become a panelist is to be very active as well as placing high consistently, but I know this can happen in time. Next week I'll try to talk to the owner of Hero's on Govenor's Square about using his store as a venue. Anyone who wants to help me out just call me and we'll figure it out.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Say...Whatever happened to the Days of Knights thing that NoVa and Smashbrudda were working on?

BTW since the days until SPOC are drawing near and I believe its a Saturaday right? Those of you that are interested from Dover to spend the night friday at my house just tell me before the friday so I can prepare suitable places to sleep.

Nick...If you are still going to SPOC and are going to crash at my house I have a simple demand...

3rd Strike...seriously! I'm hoping you can give me some advice on how to utilize Urien and explain to me how charge buffering and partitioning works.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I have to request Saturday off next week, but I should be able to go. I'll play you in 3S, but I don't have my PS2 at the moment so either you or myself have to borrow one.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
I have to request Saturday off next week, but I should be able to go. I'll play you in 3S, but I don't have my PS2 at the moment so either you or myself have to borrow one.
Bwahaha! I just got the anniversary collection yesterday for the PS2 that inlcudes 3rd Strike.

So...yeah I guess the only thing i'd say to do is bring your arcade stick if you have one since PS2 controllers only go so far.

D

Deleted member

I'll put up a list of tourneys that I've been to sometime this week. The main way to become a panelist is to be very active as well as placing high consistently, but I know this can happen in time. Next week I'll try to talk to the owner of Hero's on Govenor's Square about using his store as a venue. Anyone who wants to help me out just call me and we'll figure it out.
thats the right idea! now we need to start setting up local tournies as well since we need that on our track record as well.well more tournies locally anyway since weve had a few hahaa

EDIT:

nova thats a cool idea!

also i need to get matt(cool dr. money) to post in here so ppl know hezs active and have vj get an account as well =0

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
the problem of using hero's as a venue nick is it's not that big, so having a large tourny is going to be impossible there. Also im not sure if Peat's going to be down with it hes kinda hard to persuade majority of the time :/ T_T

D

Deleted member

the problem of using hero's as a venue nick is it's not that big, so having a large tourny is going to be impossible there. Also im not sure if Peat's going to be down with it hes kinda hard to persuade majority of the time :/ T_T
well it would bring him business tho wich he really needs anyway so i thnik itll work out =)

also i plan on setting up a DE circut and will create a list of events to be coming up soon as well as dates.it will be two seperate circuts with melee in one and brawl in the other.

i will do this once my overall list of players in de is completed wich will also include nos (not on smashboards) members as well as the smashboards members.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I'll team with you Tru= since it doesn't look like Foxxx can't make it to Nova's. What's our team name going to be? Also, SPOC is next Saturday so try and make it.

Hey Ultima, I know that you're going to Nova's tourney this Friday right? Are you going to Mow's on Saturday by any chance? I don't work and I would already be close to your house Friday because of Nova's event.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Say...Whatever happened to the Days of Knights thing that NoVa and Smashbrudda were working on?
No friggin' clue... ask Ace about that >_>

Uhh Tru=, i have a few requests in order to make that happen.

If you have a camcorder or something: do the following

1. Film yourself standing and then act out yourself getting kneed from a particular direction
2. Without moving the camera, film just the background you are in without anything in it.

Tripod or some way to prop up the camera is necessary.

If possible, stand in front of a Green Screen or another intensely bright color, Blue, Pink, w/e.

If you don't have a camcorder, i have one for the next time we meet, the green screen isn't necessary, but it makes things easier.

@Nick, more venues? cool, give me info about that and ill see what i can bring if its on a good day.

As for more venues in general, the student center at teh school is now open starting next semester, so i can host much bigger tournaments, also on weekends! The interior looks cool and its got plenty of room, so expect a big tournament next semester sometime in which i will prepare well in advanced. I also hope to get help advertising for this one, since it'll be the last one i can host there, and it would suck not to get alot of people from neighboring states.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Mow canceled his fest because of work so I 'm not doing anything Saturday. On another note, hey Ultima can I catch a ride with you for SPOC IV?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Mow canceled his fest because of work so I 'm not doing anything Saturday. On another note, hey Ultima can I catch a ride with you for SPOC IV?
Lol, you are slowly decreasing in numbers for Spoc.

First you said V... now IV... haha. Spoc VI, I wouldn't mind however I had plans to do something right after so I am not sure how to get you home from the event. Like I could get you as far back as my place. Isn't Tyrant going?

D

Deleted member

what is everyone doing today: ie schedule etc.

and what is everyones thoughts on my idea?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm free around 2 today and work Sunday 4-10:30. As for your ideas, the only one that I think isn't appropriate at the moment is the circuit event. IMO, right now we should be solely focusing on finding stable venues that can hold tournaments on a regular basis. We're just starting to do this and trying to include a circuit this early would be overwhelming. That way, the other communities will notice and respect our motivation and will be more convinced to attend our events later on. We need to learn to crawl before we can walk. In other words, let's focus on growing our community before expanding it to attract the other states.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
You guys should come to UMD this Saturday for the Melee tournament. also, I really wanna come to one of your tournaments if you have one, since I don't see enough DE niglets. I dunno how to get to DE btw. >.>

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
You guys should come to UMD this Saturday for the Melee tournament. also, I really wanna come to one of your tournaments if you have one, since I don't see enough DE niglets. I dunno how to get to DE btw. >.>
Just get in your car and go up... find 95 and go up, you have to go through it.

Top Bottom