• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I've been playing epic and some of his friends every friday for a few weeks. So I guess you could consider me active if you were wondering. Not quite ready for tourneys though.

College is still my top priority though, and I haven't been posting as much as I did in the summer.

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
Woah people are still talking on here! How's it going everyone? Sorry I took a long hiatus from smash and then moved to Florida for collage, but I found a local group down here that plays and it reminded me of DE's finest. Looks like smash isn't the main focus of this thread anymore though haha.

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
Yeah haha, they are more serious into 2d fighter (SF4 and SF3S) though, so I'm not playing SSBM 2 much. Apparently the community for those to games is huge down here so maybe if I get some real free time from school I'll go looking for some tournaments.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
More...into...2-d fighters...I wish more people were like that at UD

Good luck with college down there and good for you to find a group to play with even in Florida.

So...Who's interested in SSF4 and BBCS? Who even knows what they stand for?

Also...I just recently played SF4 on the PC...the controller I used was a little wack but on the computer I played it was just gorgeous and maybe better looking than the 360 version. But here's the thing that was crazy, The people I played online were actually GOOD and sent a friendly message after the match and offered pointers on where to improve.

'Course I did get one person to d/c on me...People that use Sagat, Ryu, and Gouki still can't seem to accept that they were beating by a Vega.

Air Throw All Day

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Notice how epic fails to mention I've been playing BB and SF4 against him every week. I mean, I know I'm really bad, but I've never played those games before. I also only have the wii making it pretty hard to improve on my own. :urg:

So it seems that I am really bad at teams in melee. I kinda keep kneeing my partner in the face. A lot. Epic will tell you, lol. Good times, right?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Notice how epic fails to mention I've been playing BB and SF4 against him every week. I mean, I know I'm really bad, but I've never played those games before. I also only have the wii making it pretty hard to improve on my own. :urg:

So it seems that I am really bad at teams in melee. I kinda keep kneeing my partner in the face. A lot. Epic will tell you, lol. Good times, right?
I fail to mention because you pretty much mash buttons and don't even bother to look at the character's move-set...so its not the same as playing a person that knows their character and understands match-ups.

As for teams...something is left to be desired where in a four stock team battle I'm out only after losing two stocks and the other team wins when my kills number around 5 or six with no TK kills, its pretty much the reason why I AVOID you in teams because you have a trigger happy knee.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I fail to mention because you pretty much mash buttons and don't even bother to look at the character's move-set...so its not the same as playing a person that knows their character and understands match-ups.

As for teams...something is left to be desired where in a four stock team battle I'm out only after losing two stocks and the other team wins when my kills number around 5 or six with no TK kills, its pretty much the reason why I AVOID you in teams because you have a trigger happy knee.
Ouch... fair enough though. I haven't really looked into the characters move sets, but I usually try to figure them out as I go along. Most of the time I'm just trying not to get *****. I'll start looking online to learn more about the games.

Can't argue with the teams thing. I just need to stop sucking.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
*shrug* I was still a tad harsh but I prefer to be honest...well blunt on my thoughts on things.

Fighting games are a higher difficulty of execution and understanding of spacing than melee is. Risk vs. Reward is the name of the game whenever you approach you 2-D fighters but they are something you pick up over time.

As for teams, Its about being aware of what is happening over the entire field. Generally I'll try and provide some separation so is not a chaotic fight where team mates hit one another but I try to make sure that I can support my partner if they are in trouble, I might not always get there in time but it can save stocks. Don't just say that you suck, take a moment to see where you seem to be making errors and think on what can be done to limit or completely stop doing it.

Its pretty bad though to be honest, on friday Srules said that whoever was on my team had the best chance of winning out of those in that room...I didn't really find that to be complementary.

D

Deleted member

well gentlemen...pound 4 is arriving soon and well,i would love for delaware to be a legitimate part of the east coast...

alot of us have fallen off the map or out of interest with this game but for those who have stuck with it we must work hard for this upcoming event! so lets all get together and train.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing over in Pittsburgh since I'm in college there, but I have a month-long break starting on Tuesday, and no one to play against until mid-January. If you guys still play Melee, I'd love to come play.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing over in Pittsburgh since I'm in college there, but I have a month-long break starting on Tuesday, and no one to play against until mid-January. If you guys still play Melee, I'd love to come play.
excellent done and done my friend!

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
*Comes back from the dead again*

Haven't been here in months, how is everyone doing

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
eyyyyyyyyyyy

im no longer a delawarian :p

RHODE ISLAND SUCKA

how's everyone doin

So is Srules the only one who plays dota / HON?
That's pretty much what I've been playing lately... I pick up the ol' gamecube controller every now and then and play NPCs lol. . . mainly, because it's lonely up here =P

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Just joined since I have more time for now. I know srules and epic, if that makes me cool or anything.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
lol guess we'll see ya soon =)

@kidneys: good stuuff dood hope to play you soon =)
Yes, I would be interested in playing, though I have no clue where anyone else is or whatnot. I don't know many people that play, so it's kinda lame.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Dude, you're overthinking it. How many people do you know have extra kidneys, outside of the black market?

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Not particularly; that's why I want to meet new people. Neither you nor Nick play that much, so I'm just trying to find new people. I don't blame you guys...there's a lot of good games out there...and I know you like a lot of other fighters. I guess DE is a pretty weak state for smash.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Yo Epic, i've gone back to GodHand again

I finally completed a HM KMS run, woo...not that i wanted to kill myself after.

Right now im working on a no upgrades, starting moves run. Dunno how im gonna do 8-1 without drunken twist x_X

i wish i could record it >_>

I heard there was gonna be not another godhand, but a godhand like game coming eventually

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
NoVaLombardia: the god**** manliest man in Rhode Island!

It takes a set of steel to do the Kick Me Sign run on Hard Mode. Too bad that another godhand won't be showing up since it really was quite a gem.

As for 8-1...um...yeah that one was really hard since you can't get one dude by himself to wall juggle.

btw Kidney:

For pretty much all the other DE players that frequent this thread, they tend to play more seriously and I'll openly say that they all are better than me consistently so if you really want to find other players they will give you a run for your money.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Well, yeah I would hope that they are all better than me, considering it would be sad if I was better than them, since I only play computers a lot. I figure the only way to get better is to lose, right? There's a possibility of kidney mindgames.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys I know its been a while and some of you have fallen out of the game but I really want to bring DE back together and do big things! Ill be traveling to some big tournaments so look forward to my placings!

anyways I miss playing smash with you all and hopefully we can play soon.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
if you're ever up near rhode island hit me up.

i need to find someone around here to play anyway, i miss playing melee with other people.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I'm living in Pittsburgh for most of the year now due to college, but if anyone's going to /Hope or Apex, I'll be there representing 302.

Top Bottom