• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
There should be used controllers for $15 at your local Gamestop if you're lucky. As to how to not break them, just don't put that much force on the buttons. If a button's not working then there's probably something wrong with the PCB board in the controller (if I'm not mistaken).

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks alot, I'll try easing up on the buttons and i'll probably go to gamestop sometime next week. How about the control stick and c-stick? Does flicking them and quickly letting go do any damage to them?

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
OR. You could go directly to Nintendo's site and buy 'em new for about 25 or 30 for the white one on Playasia.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
alright *****es, schools out for summer...

i should be free, i still have to finish my final for the student show, but what i turned in fit the requirements and then some but i don't have much more to do, we should plan a day to get together.

when are ya'llz finals done

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I still have two or three weeks left till i get out of school, so i won't be able to show up any time soon.

Thanks for the info, but I would probably feel more comfortable with a used controller, as long as its in good shape. It throws me off if the control stick is too stiff. But if the next one breaks easily again i'll probably get one of the new ones online.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
can't help but beg to ask how you could mess up so many controllers in such a short time though...

keep him away from arcade sticks.

But yeah classes are done as well with others at UD finishing at the end of May...but I'm searching for a job so I doubt that I'll have much time during summer which is actually what I want since only after a few days I'm bored...so ya

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Well, they weren't new controllers, and I kinda just found them in the trunk of my dad's car (I dunno what they were doing there). I guess I just push the buttons too hard when im trying to learn new tech skills. I've actually decided to keep the broken ones for spare parts in case i break another one.

By the way, I'll be going to UD next year and living on campus. Ill also be doing the summer enrichment program this year. so ill be pretty close at that point if u wanna play.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
How about the control stick and c-stick? Does flicking them and quickly letting go do any damage to them?
That shouldn't pose a problem unless you're putting a lot of force into it. My control stick was messing up on me when I was doing simple DD's and things because of the force that I was putting into it. The problem fixed itself when I went easier on the stick though. Just make the movement as fluid and accurate as possible and you should be fine.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I messed up really bad during the Spring Semester so I'm doing classes over the summer. However, I can chill during the next two weeks or so before Summer classes start so just let me know if something's going on. I'll try to make it up there to play you guys.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Thanks again Nick, I think dash dancing too hard was the problem for me too. I don't drive, so people might need to pick me up if you guys are planning to get together. Im not far from UD, so epics probably closest. I can PM you my address when the time comes. But again, Im not done for a couple weeks, so ill have to wait.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
So at my last game club, we finally played melee. I won every match except the everyone vs. touhey match, which was my idea so im not complaining. Although I forgot the memory card so there were only like 12 characters and stages and some kids couldn't play their mains. I was unable to convince people to do one on ones, but at least i got to play melee.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm...very well then...you get points for bringing melee to the masses back there but I seem to recall everyone versus Epic when I was there...

I guess if you aren't that far from UD I wouldn't have much trouble with picking you up if I went to Mike's though make sure you inform me exactly how long you can stay since we do go into the wee hours when we get into our matches.

Oh and btw SRT OG SAGA ENDLESS FRONTIER is FTW...since NAMCO X CAPCOM will never see american shores...

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I wasn't saying I was better than you, just that im not a pushover anymore. And if the account name comes off as arrogant, it was a Dever nickname that i decided to use here. The everybody vs epic match was probably what gave me the idea, lol.

Yeah Ill just give pm u my address now ahead of time and u can mapquest it or something.

I'll have to get that SRT game at some point, but first i definitely need to get the world ends with you.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
So theres another senior at my school who likes melee better than brawl. When it comes to melee, I must admit he's better than most at the school. Problem is, he is a link user who does nothing but spam projectiles, and is actually quite proud of that fact. I just told him about l-cancel recently, in hopes that he would realize how much room he has to improve. But he just thinks hes the best in the school.

Its just a guess, but i think he could have some potential, and i would love to bring more people to the melee scene in delaware. But, the way he is, I dont think hes gettin any better. I realize that I was at one point the same exact way. The reason i really wanted to improve was to reach the level of players i accepted as better than me (specifically epic). if i didn't have that goal I wouldn't have gotten as good as i am now.

I dont have any more game club meetings left so i can't really play him. I dont have many more days of school left either. Is there any other way to get him into competitive play? Or should I just forget about it since ill probably wont see him much anymore?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Okay couple things Touhey...Never assumed or contested that I was better or anything, I've been out of practice for a bit so it is possible that you've improved and overtaken me since I've gotten less practice.

I had a guess that it was Dever that would've given you that "title" so all I'm gonna say is...BEAST!

Well I checked out directions and you're only about 15 minutes away from me so I don't have any problem with either playing some matches or picking you up whenever I go to any meet-ups to play some smash or SF4. So I guess you can probably look forward to that in the future but for now just focus on finishing classes alright?

@Nick

....F*** U its even worse that you've never played it yet. But whatever I've also got SMT Devil Survivor to look forward to later in June. Has anyone heard from Ultima for a while?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Lol Epic. Me, Tyrant and Tru= went to Mike's last Sunday and hung with Ultima. He didn't say anything about tourneys or anything if that's what you're wondering.

Tohey, some people are content at the level that they are so they have no desire to get any better. Trying to pursue those people because they have potential is good, but in the end they don't want to improve. Avoid those type of people because not only are they wasting their own time, they're wasting yours because you obviously want to get better and I know how that feels.

I met Rin at Mike's and he reminded me of myself when I started playing. It's awesome when you help people who honestly want to get better and try their hardest. I wish the best to him and I know that he'll level up. Hope that helps you.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
You're right, while im looking forward to playing u guys, i should definitely just focus on studying for my finals for now. Thanks for agreeing to pick me up.

Thanks nick, that advice does help. I guess I just cant force him to want to get better, so I shouldn't really try to.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Well this kid was kinda incapable of anything but projectile spam. I seriously did not see him do anything else. There was one point where there was just him and a mario player on the bottom of temple, where he just kept using arrows and the mario kept using the cape. This went on for about five minutes.

Anyway, if u guys upload any more videos please tell me.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Im done all of my classes and finals! No more high school forever! I don't graduate till next friday though. i have graduation practice all next week, and i have plans for this weekend, so i still have to wait before i go anywhere.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Just graduated! Pretty much everyone was smoking a cigar outside the school. I thought the tradition was for a couple of kids to smoke right in front of gallagher, but it was pretty much the entire senior class, including myself, standing outside the main entrance with cigars. I'm definitely not gonna keep smoking though. Did you smoke a cigar after graduating epic?

So falcons not the worst character in brawl anymore. I'm not planning on playing brawl competitively nor do i use falcon in brawl so it doesn't really apply to me all that much. Although I must admit, if they didn't nerf falcon so badly i never would have taken time to get good at melee, so i guess i owe it some credit.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Thanks, epic. I can understand not being able to stand the smell, though. I started coughing about ten seconds after i lit the cigar.

So I was at a friends graduation party yesterday, and I brought melee again. Won every match except some of the team ones where my partner died really early. And I tried the everyone vs. touhey match again. I managed to take four stocks away from them in a three stock match. Feels good to play melee again.

I think the first thing i need to address when playing you is my approach. Usually I wait for my opponent to make a bad move and punish it, but im assuming that i wont get that opportunity against good players.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
c2
hey all, i'd just like to let you guys know a few things

the bmore house, as of right now, is most likely not going to exist in about two weeks. there's just not enough money going around-- there's gonna be an eviction. i'd just like to know if anybody's willing to pitch in for them, because nobody wants to see the house vanish.

sigh.
They're getting evicted, guys! We gotta help 'em!

I'm chipping in!

If Bmore house is gone, Hat, Turbo, DK Smash, Btree, and anyone else living there will be without a home!!

Come on, DE, show 'em we got their backs when the chips are down!!

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I suppose if one of you were to pitch in an extra $20 for this fundraiser, i could pay you back later in person. I can't actually pay myself though. My account is still partialy owned by my dad, and he'd be pissed to find out i've given money away. Right now he's really pissed at how my brother spends money and i don't wanna make that any worse.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Oh here you guys are. I thought Delawere had died or something in my absence (And it looks like it kinda did). Hows it going people?

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Can't talk. Playing Blazblue. Best fighter ever.

WHAT'S THAT? SMASH? SF4? GG? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME BLAZBLUE IS.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
BlazBlue is fun but it has the same sweet outer shell when you begin and the sour core when you realize what the limits are with combos and some character BS.

Arakune is going to be broken, V-13 and Rachel are going to be amazing, and Tager is going to destroy anyone once he magnetizes you and grabs you.

But best move ever...Imma Beat the Crap outta You

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I mainly wanna see who the best falcon main in the country is. I think it's darkrain, but i could be wrong. It might be silent spectre. I think i heard somewhere that scar is teaming with hax, which would be AWESOME. I really hope that's true.

You guys make me depressed that i dont have a 360 or ps3... you and your blazblue and your sf4...

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
BlazBlue is fun but it has the same sweet outer shell when you begin and the sour core when you realize what the limits are with combos and some character BS.

Arakune is going to be broken, V-13 and Rachel are going to be amazing, and Tager is going to destroy anyone once he magnetizes you and grabs you.

But best move ever...Imma Beat the Crap outta You
Saaaaaaltyyyyyy...

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you Epic. Darkrain vs Silentspectre will be amazing. I hope there's regional crews as well. That would make my day.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Yeah sometimes i find crew battles more entertaining than the tournament matches. I would cry if they didn't do east coast vs west coast.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
*kicks thread to see if it is still breathing*

So what has everyone been doing as of late? I've only watched a live stream of EVO for about...2 minutes before rage-quiting that junk. Maybe it was due to it being SC4 or the fact that in the course of 2 minutes the PS3 controllers they were using were bugging out.

Yo Bad!

...I watched the matches you did with Ultima on his account...good stuff man, it made me want to get back to the ol' sunday thing where the random and amazing occur in matches. Hit me up whenever you guys are doing the next one in Wilm.

Now I better remember how to use Ganon again...stomp to profit right?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Just came back from Otakon. It was simply amazing =] Now I plan on marathoning a couple of series like Evangelion, Clannad, Black Lagoon and anything else that comes to mind.

Top Bottom