• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Just letting you know, I'm at the summer enrichment program at UD, where I'm living on campus and taking college courses. They don't really allow visitors over here and I'm not even allowed to be seen in a car. I can go home on the weekends but I spend all that time writing essays. So I can't really do anything until the two weeks between this program and the fall semester.

I really wanna see more genesis vids! I've seen some of em, but only like three. Guess i just have to be patient.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Good stuff on Sunday, even though I only played a few matches against Ultima when you guys went to WaWa it was still fun to do.

Its too good to watch Dover Mike and Wilmington Mike play each other and watch some cool combos happen in Blazeblue. Dover M.'s Tager has the ultimate advantage against me I'm afraid since he'll make me burst out laughing and inevitably get caught by a 720 C.

But I'll have to say that Bang dittos are 2-D fighting games closest thing to Falcon dittos in terms of awesome manliness. FuRinKaZan makes you win the match and every match for life.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Thanks nick i'll check more of them out on the weekend. So apparently silent spectre vs darkrain didn't happen at genesis :(. Was kinda looking forward to that...

hey epic, did you play melee at all or just blazblue? anyone record anything there? Even if it was just blazblue it'd be cool to see you play.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm? No I did some Melee it just was really crowded and I didn't want to make anyone get off especially since NoVa (back from the dead it seems) made an awesome suprise entrance and Pakman, Cactuar, and Darren were having way to much fun to even consider making one of them take a break.

*shrug* When I find time and you are willing I'll take you with me on one of these things but you'll quickly discover that most of the other guys are significantly better and more importantly more consistant in their playing styles...I'm more known for being goofy with my characters.

Its a shame though with BlazeBlue...Why couldn't we record the match where both Wilm. Mike and I were using Bang and did a simultaneous (probably spelled that wrong) Fatal Inferno...

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
*Comes back from the Dead* Is there still Sunday Smashfest being held. If so, might be able to make it today.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Where everybody's fighting spirit at? Been playing some melee and BB with my friends and I gotta say I looking for GG and SF with you guys before classes start again.

Course I guess for some of us when classes begin we won't be at the sunday things that often anymore huh? Well they are fun but school comes first so pretty much in September and until Dec. unless I luck out and don't have a class to go to on Monday I won't be at the Sunday things wherever they're held.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I had so much stuff to do this summer. I didn't get to play any of you guys at all. On top of that I've been so busy with the Eng110 class at the summer program that i haven't played for like weeks. I hope my tech skill isn't gone.

I actually my first paper in the class on Smash Bros. tournaments. At first I got a C+ (actually the second highest grade in the class) mainly because it was too theoretical and wasn't personal enough (lol, i have no actual tourney experience). I revised it and got an A on it by using videos and a couple forum posts for references.

Hey epic, where are you going to school? Are you still gonna be close to UD during the school year?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
@Super

I go to Deltech Stanton Campus but if you see my location I'm only a mile away from UD campus and actually I'm on Possum Park Road if that rings any bells for you.

In case you're interested on fridays during the term I meet with schiavi and we play some smash and fighting games and we certaintly wouldn't mind a fourth player to make teams a more often activity.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
@Epic

That Friday thing would be awesome. I actually have a really relaxed thursday and friday schedule (1 or 2 morning classes, free the rest of the day) so that would be perfect for me.

Yeah I know where possum park road is. Actually the the church i used to go, Holy Angels, to is on that road.

So is Schiavi someone i know? Was he that kid you teamed with in high school? I remember the last thing that kid said to me after his last game club was, "You'll never see me again."

We've been playing fighting games on the summer program, but those games were MK vs DC, Soul Caliber 4, and brawl with items on... Don't judge me I was bored. I haven't played melee at all, so I might be more than a bit rusty.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
MK vs. DC...sorry man I gotta judge

but I think you were referring to Roger as far as never seeing again since atm he's in Florida continuing his major.

but I'll check in once classes start and try and find out when he start doing the friday thing again and I'll let you know and hope you bring your own controller and play to the best of your ability.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Everybody else was asleep, and I just played it once to see how it was... It was kinda okay for casual play. I wouldn't play it again.

No I remember Roger quite well. He kinda wanted to kill me. The last things he said to me was probably something like, "TOUHEY! :mad:" In the words of Mr. Naccarato, I wasn't one of his favorites. I was talking about that other kid you played with. The ones who usually played together were you, Sam, Roger, and that other kid. I guess it wasn't him then. Hey by the way, Sam's going to del tech, are you gonna see him in the fall?

Thanks, I look forward to the friday thing. It'll be the first time I'll actually have someone to play that knows what they're doing.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm...perhaps you are thinking of Nick (goes by Srules on the boards) but I'm pretty sure he won't try to kill as long as you don't do something that makes killing you legal in the eyes of the law...so it might be safer if you team with me alright?

I know that Sam is in Deltech as well...some stuff has happened with him and if you want to know more just call me on my cell since I won't talk on this thread about it alright?

When I learn when we start doing it if you don't have a ride to it just give me a call and I won't have any problems going out to pick you up. Be warned though, we will play until late in the night so its not a bad idea to either eat before going or chipping in a few dollars when we order pizza is pretty much the only rules we have. Still though MK vs. DC is a failure game, I've played five minutes and realized why I hated that series in the 90's.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Oh, so Roger uh... remembers me then. That's... comforting... Yeah it was probably Nick I was thinking about. No, I'm aware of what happened with Sam. Just didn't want to bring that part up here.

I think I'll eat beforehand. I don't have a job, so I'll need to take advantage of my meal plan. Playing late won't bother me. My schedule pretty much gives me a four day weekend, so I have plenty of time to catch up on my sleep.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Thats fine with me since my friday schedule allows me to not only finish classes for the week but also get some time to prepare for the following week.

*heh* I'm actually looking forward to classes again since I'll have a constant schedule and that makes the weekly thing all the more enjoyable for me. However, be aware that either Nick or myself has projects or work to do and the weekly thing will be cancelled but if you're fine with that then I think Nick will be glad to play against you again.
>_>
Truth be told...I either 3 or 4 stock pretty often so maybe both of you will improve playing against each other...course I might be checking around to see who's doing any 2-D fighters while you guys play.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Almost done with the summer program! YES!

Yeah I guess I would probably learn better against someone closer to my skill level anyway. Nick probably doesn't remember me though. I was pretty awful back then.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Just asking offhand, does anybody know when Mike from Wilmington is going to be back from Florida?

I start back in classes the next monday so I was hoping to get in a little bit BlazeBlue and learn where I can work on my Bang and Tao. This might be random but who here still plays a little bit of GG even when BlazeBlue has been out?

Last time at Mike's nobody seemed interested in that anymore. No Eddie?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Well, I still play GGAC; just not as much as I used to. My main focus as of late has been SFIV so I haven't been playing much of anything else.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Heh footsie fighter...pretty much

I don't even know why I've picked up GG again, after playing BB for awhile I just realized that it doesn't have the crazy that GG brings to the table.

Then again any time a game comes out from that group always bet on vampires being high tier...and ninjas dropping like rocks.

Robo-ky and...undecided between I-no, A.B.A., and May all day...

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Epic, I'll play any 2d fighter you want. However, it'll be the first time I've played any of those games, so naturally, I'll suck. I'd love to learn to play those games though.

Any word on the friday thing yet? I'm guessing I should bring my own controller. The 3rd party gamestop one I bought because there was nothing else available. I've managed to make this one last for like three months, which is sort of a personal record especially considering its 3rd party.

Just making sure, you did get my cell phone number right? I sent it to you a while back in a pm.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Heh, well I'm almost certain you'll quickly want to go back to playing smash after 2-d fighters. There's a ton of frame data that you gotta understand before you can do alot in most fighting games.

As for the Friday thing, I'll say that it'll may start in 2-3 weeks since I start back this monday and UD is next week yes? Once we are comfortable with our schedule and have a good friday we'll do it.

Umm...yes I'm pretty certain that I have your cell so either I'll test it tonight or you can give me a call at almost any time and I'll answer it.

btw you'll be stoned to death if you even hint that you want to play brawl at the friday thing...fair warning...

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Yeah I figured there was a lot to learn in them. I guess it would also be hard to get good at fighting games I don't own. Melee is gonna be my main focus, but I'll give GG a shot if no one else will play you.

Lol, Brawl was just about the furthest thing from my mind when you told me about your friday get togethers. I just play it when there's nothing else to do, and I know that I can't convince anyone to play melee.

It's kinda depressing that the last meeting was probably the last time game club is gonna play melee. They only play brawl now, and none of them were even that good at that game. Maybe I'm wrong though. Did you get that kind of feeling when you graduated?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll be frank with you. On the last meeting before I graduated I honestly wasn't thinking about the club's future. We figured the younger classmen will either continue it or it'll die.

Perhaps you forgot also that the club's focused wasn't just on smash, really any game that was allowed could be played if it had multiplayer. Melee was done so often because we could easily bring a cube and controllers with little difficulty. As to its popularity over other games it simply was that it was entertaining for everyone since a simple loser out switch enabled people to play often.

As for brawl...well if thats all that there is to play then I guess getting a good night sleep isn't that bad of an idea...and dream of good gameplay

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I see. The club changed alot when you guys left, I guess. When Sam and Heiss were in charge, Smash was the only thing we ever played. It wasn't loser switch out either. It was everybody switch out. With no disrespect to those two, things were really disorganized. Sometimes Heiss forgot to bring in the system, and didn't tell anyone else to bring it. On a side note, we also didn't have Roger's dvd player, so we couldn't play anything after the club ended.

Dunno if you heard about my last melee match against sam. Free for all on Rainbow cruise. Down to just us two, I had two lives with about 80%, he had 1 life with no damage. I was coming back to the stage after finishing off someone else. I was approaching the same platform he was on. That platform disappeared before I landed, and we both died. I won. :laugh:
It was back when I was pretty bad at the game though.

Can't argue with what you said about brawl, though. I figure the real reason I played was to show that was good at that game too. Didn't want people to think I switched back to melee just because I sucked.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Heh footsie fighter...pretty much

I don't even know why I've picked up GG again, after playing BB for awhile I just realized that it doesn't have the crazy that GG brings to the table.

Then again any time a game comes out from that group always bet on vampires being high tier...and ninjas dropping like rocks.

Robo-ky and...undecided between I-no, A.B.A., and May all day...

Well said, GG is still my favorite of the two now.

Though I will admit it looks dead sexy on my new TV.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
New TV Cronux, cool dude but GG becomes sexy on any tv when that **** gets real.

You go Slayer right? that dude is just wrong with what he can do...friggin pilebunker, but whatever. I've spent alot of time on dustloop to learn more things about characters and matchups and I still find that FRC'ing plays important roles with some characters...sucks that I'm really only able to consistently FRC roboky's 5H while others...not so much luck.

I'm screwing around with alot of characters atm...I'm making a point of avoiding the common dudes like eddie, pot., and slayer since...well no mirrors for me. cept roboky mirror matches...that stuff is too good.

Moar mats

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
So how often does the whole crew get together?
Hm...the whole crew as in the guys listed as members and honorary members?

Normally due to things like school or work normally a few people are unable to join on a day but in most cases I'd say its better to really bunch us in three groups mostly...

Lower delaware (Dover) Upper delaware (Newark, Wilmington...plus ultima) and out of staters.

Normally if able some Dover guys like Nick and Mike will try to attend the weekly Sunday. But its only been on a few occasions that almost everyone was at one location at one point in time. Was it Labor Day weekend last year or another holiday where pretty much none of us had work or classes the next day that we gathered and played for...about the next day and just talked and laughed while going out to eat at that one restaurant with the cheesy fries.

Myself I haven't seen a large portion of the Dover guys going on 8+ months since schedule made me unable to attend the weekly thing but really we play with alot of people that aren't "officially" in the crew but we pretty much consider them in all regards in our group.

AKA: You live nearby and you like to play you are pretty much welcome to join us as long as you don't cause any trouble at the place.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Hm...the whole crew as in the guys listed as members and honorary members?

Normally due to things like school or work normally a few people are unable to join on a day but in most cases I'd say its better to really bunch us in three groups mostly...

Lower delaware (Dover) Upper delaware (Newark, Wilmington...plus ultima) and out of staters.

Normally if able some Dover guys like Nick and Mike will try to attend the weekly Sunday. But its only been on a few occasions that almost everyone was at one location at one point in time. Was it Labor Day weekend last year or another holiday where pretty much none of us had work or classes the next day that we gathered and played for...about the next day and just talked and laughed while going out to eat at that one restaurant with the cheesy fries.

Myself I haven't seen a large portion of the Dover guys going on 8+ months since schedule made me unable to attend the weekly thing but really we play with alot of people that aren't "officially" in the crew but we pretty much consider them in all regards in our group.

AKA: You live nearby and you like to play you are pretty much welcome to join us as long as you don't cause any trouble at the place.
And I'm having people over Saturday if anyone is interested.

It may the last one in a while, though, classes started, and the **** is about to hit the fan.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
makes me so sad dude

I have a family birthday on saturday so I'm tied down in the Newark area this weekend. You and Nick go to Dover campus of Deltech don't you? I've already started classes myself so I've had to go back to a better sleeping schedule...sucks waking up at 6 am again every weekday.

Well even though I'll not be at the thing this weekend I say to all dover guys good luck with classes since once they start up it'll be a great question as to when you'll get real breathing room.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Yeah, we're all in the Dover campus. Thanks for that, luck to you, too.

I got afternoon classes, so I lucked out on that one.

Maybe you can come up another time, eh?

I know with the preview I've gotten from my classes so far, I'm gonna be mad busy.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
That 5-6 week break from smash made me worse than I thought... I can do a simple L-cancel most of the time, but my shffl is just completely gone :(. I think this is just temporary though, I'll be able to get it back in like a week. I hope.

EDIT: nvm, it's back and actually better than ever.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
@ Touhey: Tech skill isn't that difficult to get back and even improve even when you take a long break from smash. It is good to know that your skills are staying sharp and I'll be looking forward to playing you in the near future. Though we won't do the friday thing this week because at least I'm going to the UD game that starts at 7.

Anyway...whats everyone doing this labor day weekend? I know most of us are getting back to the schedule of classes so this might be one of the few breather weekends where monday doesn't revolve around having an early morning class.

Discuss.

And has anyone seen Nova lately? He has my GodHand and I would really like to get that game back sometime.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I'm going to the football game too, maybe i'll see you. Although there might be too many people. I actually won't be sitting with the other students. My dad bought two season tickets even though I get in for free.

As for this weekend, I'll actually be home because I'm seeing my brother's play. I should be completely free on monday if you wanna do anything.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Wait a minute, srules goes to UD apparently... I should find him and play him. Does anyone know what dorm he's in? By the way epic, for when you pick me up for the friday thing, I'll send you my housing information on a pm.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
****, this thread has seen better days

People are busy man, most of us are either in college, a job, or juggling both. It might pick up again later on when there's more time to relax but right now everyone is busy.

Melee is still fun for me but I'm more inclined to play BB since its refreshing and that it requires different reflexes and thinking to be able to win. We all do different things besides smash but this is just one thing that we all enjoy playing but I don't doubt that others play FPS's, RPG's, or sport games.

*shrug* Playing games is pretty low on my priority list since I have college and preparations to make for a NICET exam in november so while its fun to play every now and then...other things come first.

Top Bottom