• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Jasona

Smash Ace
just got the ok to use my brothers house for smashfests. he lives in cecil county, md (conowingo). delaware is one of the closest areas and this seems to be the only thread for it. so any of you guys interested in making the drive and smashing on the 28th? may do biweeklies if i can find enough people

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
just got the ok to use my brothers house for smashfests. he lives in cecil county, md (conowingo). delaware is one of the closest areas and this seems to be the only thread for it. so any of you guys interested in making the drive and smashing on the 28th? may do biweeklies if i can find enough people
You should totally make the commute up here and get *****. :D

@ Foxx -- Melee always, brawl blows. Those who disagree should go get ***** by their nextdoor neighbor with 4 fingers.

@ Brett -- Clearly, get up here tomorrow (sunday) we are playing at Mikes starting at 5. People coming from central PA too I think.

@ Epic -- Unique atmosphere eh? I may be able to start doing that again in a few weeks. I am changing my hours at my day job to 8 - 5. So I can't stay as late, but I can show up earlier.

@ Delaware -- WHERE THE **** IS EVERYONE AT?!? STOP BEING COMPLACENT AND GET GOOD, COME GET *****. YOU THINK I'M GETTING WORSE CAUSE I DON'T PLAY? WAH WAH WAH WAH CAPS CAPS CAPS LOCK! SON.

.... word

Jasona

Smash Ace
melee? what? i didn't realize that there were still people who played that game. i gave up melee the moment i got brawl. i can't even watch melee or it throws off my brawl timing
so just to be clear. i'm holding a brawl smashfest on the 28th. if you'd like to see the kind of brawl player i am, just check the vid in my sig
melee... wow

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
@ Delaware -- WHERE THE **** IS EVERYONE AT?!? STOP BEING COMPLACENT AND GET GOOD, COME GET *****. YOU THINK I'M GETTING WORSE CAUSE I DON'T PLAY? WAH WAH WAH WAH CAPS CAPS CAPS LOCK! SON.

.... word
we have been taken over by mtg and GGxAC :/, last time i played any sort of smash was brawl like a week ago but only for like 30 min, it's been a little while since i touched melee.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
When I'm done dealing with my schoolwork I'll try to make it up there Ultima. Jasona, why don't you just do both events? That way, both parties are satisfied.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
@brawl: If you have fun playing it then thats what matters right but...melee just has that special thing...like combos and ****...we like ****

@ggac: Can't touch that game anymore since after playing 3rd strike (and SF4 recently) I don't get any feeling of spacing in that game and more often than not some characters don't make sense. I'm looking at you testament...and Potemkin...and Slayer...and everyone but Robo-Ky

@Ultima: Hey man we meet every friday at the towers so just drop either Byah or I a call to let us know your coming since your always interesting to play against.

Oh yeah and before I forget Nick, Chun-Li is back to being a charge-buffer character in SF4 and she doesn't have the broken priority anymore...but her thighs are bigger than ever...

G

ghetoyoda

I may struggle to beat you guys in melee, but you know where to come to when you wanna get ***** in SF. You guys should definitely come up this weekend so we can get some SF4 action before/in between/during the melee action.

D

Deleted member

everyone seems pretty big ino GGAC but i myself still play melee each day

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Gheto! Crap dude its been forever, crap dude I still have your alpha anthology! Sorry about that I've been busy as of late and haven't gotten it back to you since I haven't been to any Sunday things.

We'll have to do some SF matches (I've been working on 3rd Strike Urien and getting closer to performing successful Aegis set-ups, and I've grown fond of using Alex as well) And with SF4 I'm all about Alpha characters like Dan and Rose and definitly going to use Cammy the most. I've actually had her spin knuckle go through Ryu's Ultra Hadouken when I've played with Byah at his dorm.

echos

Smash Journeyman
i am dissatisfied with street fighter 4, i encourage everyone to play GGAC more because iv been playing my *** off and have made huge improvements

G

ghetoyoda

Epic you can take your time with alpha anthology. I kinda hate the alpha games. I havent played in a long time, but i'd be down to battle in 3rd strike anytime. And in SF4, yesterday I was beasting online with Fei Long all day. I got to upset lots of Ryu's and Sagat's :chuckle:

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
So you enjoy using Fei Gheto? He seemed to be pretty good with a couple of his moves but Cammy and Rose are still my favorites. Makes me happy to hear that Ryu's and Sagats get their ***** kicked (Byah uses Ryu and C. Viper) Though after about 15 matches he only won once I think (through friggin chip damage with his ultra...lame)

I'd like to play you again in SF but Sundays are kinda bad for me when I have 8:30 classes every weekday but I'll try and see if they'll want to come with me on a day thats good for you to do some Smash and SF (they mostly will prefer smash of SF, their loss)

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
God, I haven't played smash in like...FOREVER. I'm definitely practicing again when I'm done with accounting homework.

G

ghetoyoda

We actually get started around 5 now, so if you guys wanna make the trip up and still leave a lil early then you're welcome to. Just let me know.

And yeah Fei is sick. It's hard as hell to play with him though cause I still kinda suck with the arcade sticks. You'd think that since SF4 seems slower than SF3:3S, and I play Yun, that I'd pull off everything rather easily, but I honestly find myself struggling just to link into specials. On top of that, I cant even count how many times I screwed up his Rekka's, but whatever I still win >_>.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
melee? what? i didn't realize that there were still people who played that game. i gave up melee the moment i got brawl. i can't even watch melee or it throws off my brawl timing
so just to be clear. i'm holding a brawl smashfest on the 28th. if you'd like to see the kind of brawl player i am, just check the vid in my sig
melee... wow
Ok I gotta break this one down first off...

"i gave up melee the moment i got brawl" -- Understandable, Except you didn't immediately pick melee back up after your first match playing brawl.

"brawl timing" -- lawl

"if you'd like to see the kind of brawl player i am" -- I don't play brawl. Aka, I can probably **** you in it. Come up here and enjoy humiliation from both spectrums (brawl / melee) :laugh:

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
wow awesome everyone started back up i guess all you guys needed was a little constructive critisism lol
Yeah! That's right I mother ****in' double posted. Get ***** DE thread. Where is everyone at? I don't hear enough "on my way up to Mike's to get ***** this Sunday." Cause, guess what... It's going down THIS Sunday!!!

Also, by the way... Darren found a copy of pocket fighter... Everyone who is attending Mikes will be required to take the personality test and create an AI fighter to try to combat mine (is undefeated so far). Bring a PS1 memory card if you have it, so you can save your character.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Personality test huh? I got a wierd feeling that the questions are going to be very strange...and why would they reflect the AI of your fighter?

Gheto I'll check with Byah and stuff to see if he's interested in perhaps getting there early on a Sunday to do some Smash and SF.

But yeah the SF4 timing is wierd, its like you need to directly input the next move the moment you see the spark that show you hit the other guy or else it doesn't link properly. Waay different than linking Urien's tackle to his SA3 to then Follow another tackle to a crouching F-punch...yeah I'm learning how to be scary when I put a character in a corner.

G

ghetoyoda

I just wanted to say that after playing 30 matches with some guy online, Ive found that Ryu is ridiculous in SF4.

Get up here this sunday guys. We can start even earlier if thats what it takes.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
yeah Ryu is really stupid from my time watching and playing since even though he doesn't have long string combos like other dudes they're so strong easily being able to take out 1/4 to a 1/3 of your health if he lands a footsie on you at a bad time.

that along with having both Super and Ultra moves being capable of combo'd into...

For instance...SRK Ex-canceled into a dash and then into the Ultra Hadouken...with practice its dumb how easy it is to pull off against most characters. So I'm just going to stick with Cammy and Rose

Cammy=Decent pokes that can link often into cannon drill or spike, Spin Knuckle that goes through projectiles (even supers I've done it against Ryu), and Having her Alpha costume is just too good.

Rose=Another easy enough link to soul drill or other moves, her ultra is too good since it can work as a response to most other Supers and Ultras, and...She's in high heels and beats you down. Lets see Sagat do that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hopefully i can make it to mikes to play
melee brawl and, will sf4 b there? i havnt played the console version yet

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
are you guys playing on playgaytion 3 or xbox 360?
I've played it on the 360, haven't done the...*cough* other one but I doubt that the 360's controls are better since that friggin x-box controller is awkward to do most of those moves comfortably.

Besides in the end it doesn't matter what console but what character you use so...are you playing Street Fighter or Sagat Fighter?

D

Deleted member

hmmmm this sunday looks like it will be pretty **** eventful so lets get err one up there then.

lets see:

sf4
pocket fighter ai personality test lol
me ****** ultima in melee
bawlllllllll
me ****** ultima in everything else

ok this list looks pretty good to me "u"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il take the role of destroying everyone in brawl and shooting more missiles in melee in one match than everyone else's projectiles combined for every match throughout the day :)

D

Deleted member

il take the role of destroying everyone in brawl and shooting more missiles in melee in one match than everyone else's projectiles combined for every match throughout the day :)
hahaha hey ill team w/you if were both there chibo but i wanna see some melee action from u 2 =D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
scar is gonna be around with his car this weekend (were goin to a tourney on sat) and normally he likes smashin down there so it shouldnt be too much of a problem to go

D

Deleted member

scar is gonna be around with his car this weekend (were goin to a tourney on sat) and normally he likes smashin down there so it shouldnt be too much of a problem to go
ah that would be aweome if you both came!

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that I couldn't get to the thing on Sunday I had to weigh what I had to over the course of this week and I had to pass at least this time.

Though once both I and Byah get a good Sunday to go we'll both head over to Mike's to "chew the cud" and see how everyone is doing.

...scar with his car had to drive somewhat far...

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry as well. However, I passed my accounting exam (I'm so happy) I thought I was going to fail, but studying for 7 hours straight helped me. I'll see what's going on this Sunday. Will let you know if I can come asap Ultima.

Top Bottom