• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
thanks again sam for having everyone over and it was good **** seeing everyone and im sorry i didn't get a chance to see you nick how was the tourney you ended up going to?
The tourney was amazing. Nick did really well. If I'm not mistaken he even outplaced me there. He beatdown a female player without remorse. She asked him for sympathy, and he just gave her a stern beating. "*****! Where's my ****ing dinner?!"

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Kay, i think i got a date for the shindig

It's probably going to be Friday December 12th from 4:30pm - 12 am.

If not, it should be on Thursday Dec 11th from ..... uhhh i don't know times yet i'll have to clarify with the director in the school.

If not either, i'll shoot for dec. 5th the week before the intended friday.

I'll get more info about it. However, quite frankly with SPOC coming that same week's saturday, i doubt that many would show up, and i'd need a good amount of TVs and cubes, or i can't host it at all.

Melee btw.

Like I said, I'm down. I think it will have a big tournout aslong as you make a thread about it. Remember what happened last time? You definatelly won't be able to have a good tourn out if you don't make a thread lol. Also, isn't SPOC 5 supposed to have a big tournout with a bunch of players coming in out of state. If so than a it's a posssiblity that many will stop by to get some overnight practice if people are going to be housing in PA. I sure you will definately be able to expect good attendance from DE and PA at the very least, especially if you make a thread ahead of time.

I will be able to contribute 3 TV's, and 1 Wii( 2 Wii's if someone can lend me an AV cord), and a Melee disk, possible a Brawl disk as well lol, joking. But two out of the three Tv's will need a DVD/VCR' each to play games though which someone will have to loan me because I don't have any to spare. But if all goes well, I will definately have 3 Tv's on lock for you

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
thanks again sam for having everyone over and it was good **** seeing everyone and im sorry i didn't get a chance to see you nick how was the tourney you ended up going to?
Ahhh, it's no problem, man! You guys are always welcome! Maybe we can hang out again sometime soon? I need to try this Armored Core thing you guys like so much.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Sounds like all you guys had alot of fun at the tournaments you went to.

Heh Nick, sounds like the friendlies we did friday knocked all the sucky playing out of you (honestly I won a marth ditto...MARTH!!) thus turning you into a killing machine that gave no mercy to a chick smasher.

and Ultima I've checked out the threads and you're getting shout-outs by everybody! heh, hope you won't be so popular that you won't want to play with us DE guys every now and then.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I had a great time at Alukards again. Ultima thanks again for driving me. Going to those biweekly just reminds me of how great our community is. We all try our best to help eachother improve and it's a wonderful thing. I did really crappy in the crew battle again, but everyone was still cheering me on. I'm truly grateful that I was apart of it. Crismas' stickers are too good btw:)

As for the tourney itself, for teams me and Vex teamed. We lost to Alukard and his partner, then Sensei and G$. As for singles I beat Crismas 2-1, lost to Jman both matches and Blackanese both matches. No Johns though. My fox is getting really fast and fluid. I was wavelanding on platforms like it was nobody's business when I was playing Mike yesturday lol. Thanks for ****** me in friendlies Epic lol. I was playing alot better when I got to the biweekly.

I'm definitley going to try to make it to SPOC V seeing how it's so close. Playing people like Scar, Sensei, Jman , Techzero and others is just an amazing experience and I really want to improve as much as I can.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Actually, me and Crismas' matches were all really close. The only one that wasn't was the second match where I counterpicked PS with Fox and 3 stocked her Peach. Other than that they were all 1 stock high oercentage. She has an amazing peach and it was a pleasure to play her. The only reason I felt that I beat her was becuase of the character matchups. Thanks for the compliments though guys. I appreciate it.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
actually, Me And Crismas' Matches Were All Really Close. The Only One That Wasn't Was The Second Match Where I Counterpicked Ps With Fox And 3 Stocked Her Peach. Other Than That They Were All 1 Stock High Oercentage. She Has An Amazing Peach And It Was A Pleasure To Play Her. The Only Reason I Felt That I Beat Her Was Becuase Of The Character Matchups. Thanks For The Compliments Though Guys. I Appreciate It.

Where
Are My
Wario
Stickers

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard you say the magic word yet Cronux:bee:

Hey guys, Warrior of Zona wants to know if anyone of us would like to represent DE as a regional panelist for Brawl and I think Melee as well. Here's the link to the thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89954

I think that our representative should be on whoever has been the most active. What do you guys think?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input Ultima. How about everyone else? I would like to be a panelist, but I know that I severlely lack experience for Brawl. Hopefully, I become more knowledgable after C3 though. Also, WoZ wants to know if where we would like to be placed for representation. By this I mean wheather we would like to be with NJ/PA/NY or MD/VA. What do you guys think?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Thanks for the input Ultima. How about everyone else? I would like to be a panelist, but I know that I severlely lack experience for Brawl. Hopefully, I become more knowledgable after C3 though. Also, WoZ wants to know if where we would like to be placed for representation. By this I mean wheather we would like to be with NJ/PA/NY or MD/VA. What do you guys think?
Ooooooooh snap. So many responses. I'd like to see you get to be the panelist Nick, but that's kinda silly if it happens by default eh?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't agree more Ultima. Everyone please give your input in the panelist thread and let your opinions be heard. DE has a community just like everyone other region...even if it's a smaller one. The more people who vote on who should represent us the better.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm...you want to be a panelist Nick? Well I'd say that of any of us DE guys you've been the most active in tournaments and just in terms of ability I'd consider you to be of the top 5 smasher that I know of.

I'll look at that thread later and post to support a DE panelist.

BTW who's going to SPOC? I'm trying to finish up all my work and save up for it so that I'll be able to make it since I've heard it is some of the best tournaments around. But will there a 64smash set-up? I'd like to go against some really good players and I'm going to try and do some matches against Sensei if he goes.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Epic. I might be able to go to SPOC, but I have to see if I'm working. If not, then I'm definitely going. I would like to be a panelist, but I feel as though Tyrant would be more eligible since he's been improving at Brawl so much. For Melee though I would like him and myself to be one if possible.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
I guess I'll put my two cents in the thread, then. It would be neat to have some reps for the state.

EDIT: 2,000,000 cents added.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
So...just out of curiosity, which group would we want to be in? the MD/VA or the other group?

I feel kinda that at the moment we aren't really rep. ourselves enough since in most cases for some of us the larger scale tournie we've gone to have been with ultima and we haven't been placing high enough to garner some attention.

...Do alot of the other states just not like DE?

D

Deleted member

wow i really wanted to be a panelist a long time ago and tried hard to get things rolling but it never happened so now i have mixed feelings about it =/

REGARDLEES tho idk is this for both brawl and melee or just brawl?

if just brawl idk but if for both im definentally down.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
wow i really wanted to be a panelist a long time ago and tried hard to get things rolling but it never happened so now i have mixed feelings about it =/

REGARDLEES tho idk is this for both brawl and melee or just brawl?

if just brawl idk but if for both im definentally down.
The thread for it has been up for quite some time... it's stickied. :p

D

Deleted member

The thread for it has been up for quite some time... it's stickied. :p
what does that have to do with what i said lol.

besides you should already know how i felt unless you forgot about all that other crap =/

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Please post in the thread Tru=. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Our state needs to unify and show everyone that we can be as active as all the other communities. We're known basically to only MD/VA and even that's insignificant. I'm going to try my hardest the for the next couple of months to represent DE not as a panelist, but as a player who's want to improve as much as he can. I'm sorry if I offended you or acted like a ***** in the past, but let's do this for the greater good. DE is a state and it will have it's voice heard. I just need everyone's help to do it.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
what does that have to do with what i said lol.

besides you should already know how i felt unless you forgot about all that other crap =/
I'm saying that I figured you would've been the first one on that thread as a result of your desire to be a panelist. That was it :)

D

Deleted member

I'm saying that I figured you would've been the first one on that thread as a result of your desire to be a panelist. That was it :)
no i had given up besides i figured everyone would prefer to have nick as a panelist not me but i guess ill post there because my interest has definentaly been piked again.

EDIT: i read the thread and cronux i really didnt appreciate you saying i was biased in a thread especially that one. wtf makes me biased? it doesnt matter tho i changed my mind on posting in there good luck fellas.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Calm down Tru=, being biased doesn't mean that you aren't fit to be a panelist as long as you don't let it control your decisions.

Besides, I'm going to presume that you do and will go to tournies on a regular basis so that you are involved in the community beyond just the boards.

Oh, and we gotta play next time that the whole crew gets to meet up. You guys are more than welcome to crash at my house if your doing something like going to Alukard's bi-weekly even if I'm not going. As a bonus, it seems that I have magic powers...or exorcism tricks to expell the crappy out of you when we do friendlies.

By the power of edge-tech, bad playing begone!

Oh, and echos...Needs more Pow Hammer

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Preference maybe?

Also...I think I finally understanding how PakmanonCrack's Luigi is so crazy...>_>....<_<

Every time his Luigi charges an U-smash he takes a huge snort of crack. Why do you think he's so happy after the attack?

and when he Wave Dashes...he's actually on a plane of glass with Crack on it that he snorts as he slides.

Oy Tru=, you gotta do another combo vid or something. Whether its melee or brawl who cares I think we all should meet up and record a bunch of matches.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Until Sam responds to your post I'll respond. Brett, I really feel as though that you are a good player and a great friend. If it wasn't for you, I would have never even gotten to the level of play that I am now. It's also because of you that I was motivated to improve as much as I did. That out of the way, here is my opinion on this matter.

You are a good player, but that's it. You have great techskill, but poor application. In your matches, you would rather play to impress then to be efficient. An example is doing unnecessary things all the time such as moonwalking and dairing rather than simply edgeguarding someone; which usually leads to your death. This leads to the next problem.

You squander your potential in character development. I know that you can use the majority of the cast to a good degree. You know the basic metagame of all those characters. It's nice to be flexible, but don't you think that instead of being good with some characters, you could be amazing with one? This where the problem lies. You have no main meaning that you don't have a character that you're an expert in. I feel as though that if you actaully learned everything about a character, you would do much better than just switching characters because your losing. This brings me to my next point.

You can't adapt. You have been playing pretty much the same ever since I've met you. This is where the problem lies. Your playstlye is great against someone who doesn't know how to deal with agressive players. However, whenever you play someone who is reactive/proactive such as myself, your playstlye become extremely ineffective due to its predictability. If you would just change the way that you played against people you wouldn't lose as much as you do. Which brings me to the next issue.

You are a reactive type of player. You rely on your opponents basic insticts to gain the advantage in the fight. An example is making a person sidestep dodge out of habit. What seperates a good player from an pro player however, is being a proactive player. What I mean is that being able to create situations that are the most favoritable to you instead of trying to use a person's natural habit. An example is when I wait for you to double jump with Falcon doing an aerial at the last moment. When you do this, I just run away then come back and proceed to chaingrab you with Fox . Once the chaingrabbing begins, you only have so many options after the grab that I calculate the most likely thing that you will do and punish when you get out of the grab. If you simply made a scenario that was in your favor all the time, you could easily manipulate the opponent into doing what you wanted, thus having an immesurable advantage.

All of these points are plateaus to your improvement as a player and prevent you from being the best in DE. For the past year, I have been improving in alsmost every aspect that I can think of. I've played amazing players and tried to intergrate their playstlye into mine. I constantly try new things and do my best to push my gameplay to the next level. Why do I do this? Simply because I want to get better. I want ot be as efficient as possble. That's all that matters to me. To be honest, it angers me when someone squanders their potential instead of becoming as good as they can be. It shows me that they don't care about getting better and would rather do other things. If that's the case then I won't even bother the person because it's like they're a handicap to my progress as a player.

I truly want to you get better. I will be attending tournaments as often as I can, and I want you to come. Don't give me that bull**** that nobody tells you anything. You have your own resources that you can rely on to get information. You should be doing as much as possible to get better on your own instead of relying on others, which means voluntarily contacting people instead of vice versa. If you don't then you're always going to miss out on oppurtunities to improve and then get upset when it was your own fault to begin with. I'll leave you with one piece of advice that my brother told me when I was acting just like you. "A closed mouth doesn't get fed." Depend on yourself and not others to do what needs to be done.

If you truly believe that you are the best in DE then prove it. Not by friendlies, but by going to tournaments and showing to others that you are mature enough to understand your faults and improve on them. Otherwise, you don't deserve that rank. Wheather or not you want to is your decision. I would love to have another person that I can get better with instead of just Mike. I'm sorry if I pissed you off, but this is something that I needed to get off my chest for a long time. I'm just glad that finally had the sense to say it.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Hm...I gotta agree with Nick on this, while you can use all characters to a commendable degree when it comes down to going against us and ditto-ing our mains you don't seem to be consistant enough.

I'm going to make this statement now. I'm will be going to SPOC, I might not get very far but its the experience that I'm really hoping to get. I'm offering my home to all of you Dover that if you are planning to go to SPOC as well you are welcome to crash at my home the night before and will be fed breakfast before we head out to go.

Nick and Mike you know that I'm good with my word on this that you'll be welcome in my home and I'll make preparation for you to sleep with some comfort so you'll be ready for the tournie tommorrow.

Tru= you want us to admit you're the best you better come with us to SPOC and you better show everyone that in DE you are the best, no Johns dude.

PS: Nick if he tries to find a reason not to come with you to crash at my home then you have my thumbs up to do what you need to do so he'll be there.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I just think Brett needs to play more people. The metagame is evolving so fast, it quickly leaves behind those who aren't active. I don't think he would have issues catching up. :bee:

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
That is true Ultima but the longer that you aren't active the harder the curve is for catching up with the rest of the people.

Personally I'm a little behind the curve myself as the last thing I went to was Alukard's thing two weeks ago and even then I felt a little out-classed but I still gave it my all.

That's why I try to make it to the sunday things every now and then just so that I don't get rusty and try to keep up with you and Shay, although I still got a ways to go.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
I finally figured it out. Insight. You lack personal insight. You fail to see your own flaws and don't ever want to take responsibility if you do or miss something. You are also very sensitive about many things, one of them about what people have to say about you.

And don't get all depressed on us, that'd only prove my point. Want to prove me wrong?

GET BETTER.

The wake up call is now. Get better, or get left behind forever. No longer will you make excuses or john about how you weren't told something. Don't be a ****ing idiot. You will get better, you will not be around to watch us get better. Make your choice.

Have a nice day.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
It seems like there are a lot of people lashing out at Brett unnecessarily. Think points through before you try to make them. Read things back to yourself before posting.

I have seen improvements in Brett's overall game the past few times I played him. His grab game has gotten a lot better, his tech skill is obviously still refined. There are many things he needs to work on, but there are tons that I do as well in addition to everyone else on this thread.

Rather than trying to demoralize someone (you can't say you're not trying to since you all mentioned how he responds to posts like those) simply invite him out to improve with the rest of us. Everyone has their own style, and it doesn't always work trying to adapt another persons into your own.

"If you want, you'll find a way" ~ I truly believe Brett will make his own style work at higher levels of play, he just needs to experience it more to find his niche.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
...I don't want to say that he won't or can't get better but I dunno its just that I haven't pretty much haven't gotten any chance to play him in such a long time...probably going on nearly four or five months and he doesn't come with Nick or Mike to any tournaments.

I can sympathize if just right now his personal life isn't perfect and is taking a break to take care of it before you go to tournies.

In all honesty I don't want to lash at him or anything but I'd like to play him again as I enjoy going against his playing style as I think maybe he's more comfortable just doing friendlies and in tournaments he just gets really nervous and doesn't play to his best potential.

Sorry if I seemed like an *** but in all honesty I feel like I owe all you guys in Dover since you've welcomed me into your home and introduced me into a greater smash community that I ever knew. I'd just like all of us to improve so that we don't get rusty and help convince other states that while we are small in number we make up for it in ferocity.

D

Deleted member

i had a two page essay but **** it. sam said ****ing deal i said ****ing explain it. dont come at me saying **** i dont appreciate it.

but i guess this (****) makes me all unjustified and pissed what the **** ever.**** this im done.

edit: thanks tho tim i appreciate that

D

Deleted member

Don't worry about all that stuff man. Just come out and **** face like the good ol' days :bee:
at least you read the posts more and take **** into consideration.in fact you know better than most that i tried realllllllly hard in the past to get de rolling =/

anywho for the most part guys i am better but that doesnt mean im going to play you guys like it f its not tourny i mean i did teach you that after all >_> and i do have things to do wich keeps me from going to tournies (court.prob.,etc.)so even tho you are putting a lot of thought behind your posts (thanks nick) you need to think alot more.

i mean c'mon beating ppl like omni and g-reg while completely trashed w/yoshi is saying something >_>

Top Bottom