• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

echos

Smash Journeyman
O and brett being how brawl is kinda loseing it's enjoyment for me i'v been thinking about picking up a differnt game competively. Armored core just came out with a new insatallment so im gonna pick that up.

D

Deleted member

O and brett being how brawl is kinda loseing it's enjoyment for me i'v been thinking about picking up a differnt game competively. Armored core just came out with a new insatallment so im gonna pick that up.
u cant do better than that at all

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
*shiver*

armored core...I've only played that on a few occasions but I really couldn't get into it as the amount of customization made me wonder if I'd be trying to put together the best parts for the mech and spend more time doing that than actually doing combat.

That and I don't want blades...I want a Huge F***ing axe as a melee weapon, that would be cool

Big Axe=Barbarian robot ftw

Boog!!!

Smash Rookie
O_o....give....up...brawl....NEVER!!! Play Boog, hell make your matches fun ;) *cough* by rapeage *cough*

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
64 was you are penalized for shielding and there is no way to stop combos or attacks once you are hit...

Melee was like a perfect ****ing balance... Your DI could stop you from being combo'd, L canceling could allow you to continue to combo, dash dancing allowed for tech chasing and mind games, wave dashing made for perfect spacing. Need I go on?

Brawl you are penalized if you attack, there is no edge guard game... the game is slow.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
ok ok let me try again...

64: Pure **** and nothing more

Melee: Awesome **** that was escapable but when it happens man does it kick A**

Brawl: You don't even bring ****...the other person kinda has to go to you for you to punish and...well its not really even ****...its moreover like you molest them or something

AKA: Pure ****-->Awesome -->the molestation depends upon who you use...

yup melee wins out of them.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
ok ok let me try again...

64: Pure **** and nothing more

Melee: Awesome **** that was escapable but when it happens man does it kick A**

Brawl: You don't even bring ****...the other person kinda has to go to you for you to punish and...well its not really even ****...its moreover like you molest them or something

AKA: Pure ****-->Awesome -->the molestation depends upon who you use...

yup melee wins out of them.
I mean rightfully if you <3 64 like that, you're probably also a fan of Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Today, 03:32 PM
Scar
Smash Lord Join Date: Feb 2007

Teams:
1: open for buisness (eggm + jman) ($98.00)
2: GREEN GOBLIN (Cactuar + Scar) ($28.00)
3: big apple 3 a.m. (alukard + djn) ($14.00)
4: the tide is high (reno + hbk)
5: cactuar is an effeminate weirdo (vanz + doyoung)
5: jfox + sensei (jfox + sensei)
7: team helmet (chibo + ultima)
7: donkeychu (kwan + n64)
9: i hate your face (crismas + ame)
9: flip + archie (flip + archie)
9: metal fence (arcturus + ceon)
9: murt munk and meat (sol + phish-it)
13: IDK (mjx9 + niwatori)
13: star fox elitez (jtailz531 + chain-ace)

Singles:
1: jman (split)
1: hbk (split)
1: cactuar (split)
4: vanz
5: reno
5: eggm
7: djn
7: scar
9: alukard
9: phish it
9: ceon
9: sol
13: jfox
13: flip
13: ultima scout
13: eman
17: crismas
17: darren
17: mike man
17: arcturus
17: n64
17: kwan
17: jtailz531
17: chibo
25: chain-ace
25: ame

(P.S. My 500th post woot)

echos

Smash Journeyman
Nobody can make brawl fun like melee :-P

Pick melee back up, we'll help you get good.
I allready have :) i agree that melee is a much better game. Brawl is just so limited to what you can do it's kinda boring now. As far the competitive scene goes it seems like everyone is divided between the two games. So I will consisntantly play melee as much as possible but I wouldn't mind just picking up a new game with a strong community and striving to be great at that. I just hope the smash community decides that melee is the way to go and act like brawl never came out. If that happens i will all about smash brothers again untill then i'll just make sure to keep my melee skillz sharp.

Program

Smash Apprentice
I allready have :) i agree that melee is a much better game. Brawl is just so limited to what you can do it's kinda boring now. As far the competitive scene goes it seems like everyone is divided between the two games. So I will consisntantly play melee as much as possible but I wouldn't mind just picking up a new game with a strong community and striving to be great at that. I just hope the smash community decides that melee is the way to go and act like brawl never came out. If that happens i will all about smash brothers again untill then i'll just make sure to keep my melee skillz sharp.
Where dem Hot Dawgs at? Im still gonna play Brawl, but when Starcraft 2 comes out... To quote the Firebat "Im Gone"

Boog!!!

Smash Rookie
*sigh* haters!!! xD...ok ok i agree that melee is better then brawl, but thats not gonna stop me from proving that brawl is worthy of being in the smash community!!! or at least in you guys community....O_o.... its like saying mkw sux cuz its slower and too item orientated -__-...it doesnt suck, itll just never touch on the 64 version....u gotta b prompt to more detail in brawl...i mean its more kidsafe now with easier glitches n stuff, so the strategies switch up to who can defend the best O_o....i mean even the cpu is built to Make you be defensive....(dont believe me, sit there and let the cpu walk around aimlessly and confused before charging straight in at you...its hilarious lol) the game is meant to be slower but at that it makes matches more challenging...with hardly as much combos as melee u gotta think a little harder to pull off wat u want, and thats why ill stick by brawl ;)...im seriously gonna pick up melee again too, wouldnt mind some help either....ultima....epic ;)...i think i was starting to get somethin back on sunday, still a long way to go tho..

oh yea and im guessing u guys kinda see that ive always been the one that dives off the stage for the knee out the screen lol....cuz i started to go for it the more often i played lol

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
the game is meant to be slower but at that it makes matches more challenging...with hardly as much combos as melee u gotta think a little harder to pull off wat u want,
Ok so... by definition, matches being slower makes them less challenging. The problem is people are too used to the fast pace of melee and just jump the gun trying to combo with moves that don't work.

You don't have to think harder, in most cases you don't have to think. You have to sit and wait for your opponent to do anything, then react. Since the pace of the game is slowed, your reactions require less of you. You can't punish rolling etc as easy. So there is no fear of really doing anything that looks ugly cause they can't punish you unless you're hitting them. The game itself promotes you not doing what you're suppose to do... FIGHT. Yeah, sounds like it's worth practicing over melee :-P

Haha, I say brawl should merely be a social game and used for stomping noobs who complain about melee. If you play melee though, you can stomp anybody in brawl... Esp if they only play brawl.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Utlima...I agree with what you're saying...but noobs that only play brawl are boring. I fell asleep during a match and won....with a character I DON'T USE. I can't use Jigs for beans....in any game. So I declared it...."if I win with Jiggs, I'm giving the controller up. It'd be sad if I won." End of the match, "This game's winner is....Jiggly Puff" Not to mention i had the most KO's AND damage output. (We all know scrubs/noobs like FFA). It's like that ANY time I play Brawl. I win like 90% of the matches I play...even when I'm TRYING to lose. If I don't win, I always have the highest KO count. I **** Brawl....hands down. I hadn't played Brawl for like 4 months when I went to Otakon and won my first match there. Then I brought D1 down to his last stock. (Even dealing with my partner's stupidity.) *sigh* Brawl bores me, lol. Not saying I won't play it if it's there....but it bores me. Especially if the person doesn't know how to play Smash. If a Game is gonna be THAT slow....at least make sure you look good while KOing/gimping somebody. Lol, I 2-stocked Reik's Lucario and PK trainer with my Peach/Mario. I beat his MK with my Peach. Maybe once with my Mario...but when he pulled out MK I knew to go Peach, lol. <3 Brawl when it's fun, but <3 Melee even when I lose.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

echos

Smash Journeyman
The game itself promotes you not doing what you're suppose to do... FIGHT.
and that's the gods honest truth sadly... someone should frame that and put it on there wall. Brawl has no tech skills so your ultimately limited to what you can do it's just BORING. If you want to stand around and just look at your opponent all day and think of the best possible first move to make i hear chess is a great game... I don't hate brawl hell i like brawl it's just that it's not as fun as melee, for me anyway. Smash brothers in general kicks *** so whether im playing 64, melee, or brawl im having fun it's just that from a competitive stand point i enjoy melee the most.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I have to say for the most part I agree with Ultima and Echoes. However, even though I feel that Brawl is technically "inferior" to Melee the game is still worthy of being competitive. I used to think that anyone could just play Brawl and become amazing at it. When I went to CH3, I realized that was not the case because you could clearly see the difference in skill between the players (i.e. me vs NinjaLink, Candy, ect). After actually playing people who were decent at the game I've gained respect for it. Going to that tournament motivated me to get good at Brawl so that I can compete with the top players. This game does require skill, just not as much as Melee. You just can't see it until you actually get your *** handed to you by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

I will continue to play both games competitively because I like both games. Granted, I like Melee much better, but Brawl has a future that I would like to be a part of as well. I want to be amazing at both games, not just Melee. Hopefully you guys will reconsider your viewpoint of Brawl. It would be nice if everyone could just play both games at the highest level possible.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
The only way Brawl can be anything in terms of competitive is the characters that are broken aren't allowed to be used.

MK: suprisingly I see him as annoying with stupid priority and range for his size.

Falco: Stupid chain-grab reduces falco battles to chain-grab to spike of stage (boring and lame)

DDD: Same stupid chain-grab garbage that makes fights incredibly boring to watch as all they'll do is shield to grab

R.O.B.: D-smash...annoying ranged and projectiles...yeah he's a turtle

I say only mid and low tiers are allowed as those fights are interesting and require both players to approach and fight.

And that is where Falcon will ****...>_>

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
The only way Brawl can be anything in terms of competitive is the characters that are broken aren't allowed to be used.
So what you're saying is that MK, Snake, DDD, Falco and R.O.B. have to be banned in order for the game to be competitive? Sorry, but that just doesn't make sense. Each of those characters can be beaten; you just have to play smarter. Not to metion that they don't break the game in any way, shape or form.

MK: suprisingly I see him as annoying with stupid priority and range for his size.
I can agree with this, but again, he's beatable. Complaining about it won't make the character disappear from the roster.

Falco: Stupid chain-grab reduces falco battles to chain-grab to spike of stage (boring and lame)
Boring and lame, yes. The right thing to do when money is on the line, yes

DDD: Same stupid chain-grab garbage that makes fights incredibly boring to watch as all they'll do is shield to grab
He can't chaingrab everyone and you can avoid his grab as long as you're not being reckless.

R.O.B.: D-smash...annoying ranged and projectiles...yeah he's a turtle
Smash DI the Dsmash, grab the projectiles and get in his face when he's turtling.

I say only mid and low tiers are allowed as those fights are interesting and require both players to approach and fight.
Okay then, people would just use the mid over low tier characters. Then just abuse the best character from mid tier just as they did with the top tiers. I don't see how it would be anymore interesting to watch let alone play

And that is where Falcon will ****...>_>
No, he would get ***** by Ike:)

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
I...wow that's alot of quotes...

Yeah I know you're right Nick, but after a certain extent it just irks me beyond anything when matches are such a bore, and I'm just talking about friendlies.

Notice I didn't say snake...and mostly with all those characters I either can't knee them or their glance seems to outprioritize whatever I do...*sigh*

eh?

Oh NO! Falcon ***** the sh*t out of Ike as all of Ike's friends are Falcon's drinking buddies, especially Titania...and Nephenee...and Lethe...and Jill...and Black Knight (he's a serious drinker)

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I...wow that's alot of quotes...

Yeah I know you're right Nick, but after a certain extent it just irks me beyond anything when matches are such a bore, and I'm just talking about friendlies.

Notice I didn't say snake...and mostly with all those characters I either can't knee them or their glance seems to outprioritize whatever I do...*sigh*

eh?

Oh NO! Falcon ***** the sh*t out of Ike as all of Ike's friends are Falcon's drinking buddies, especially Titania...and Nephenee...and Lethe...and Jill...and Black Knight (he's a serious drinker)
My bad. I mentioned Snake becuase he's considered a broken charcter. As for the Ike vs Falcon matchup, You'll change your opinion when Hector comes up in this peace and beats his *** lol.

You stay away from Nephenee...she's my waifu lol.

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
you should play my Rob epic...i think it might change your mind a little on rob being a turtle character....atleast i try not to turtle and its been working very fell.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
In general he might not be, but for me he's just not aggressive enough for my tastes.

I'll play your Rob sometime Foxx, but for me personally my main guy will always be Falcon as he's pure assault and manly might. That and I love kicking Snake's *** with him.

Nick, I'll negiotate Titania with you however...Nephenee is mine, she killed more enemies for me than Ike did in PoR

She's right up there in awesome with Amelia (as a General) Nino, and Marisa

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm intruding on DE's space now...there are cool ppl from DE, lol. I think Peach is awesome....>_> I was gonna avoid Brawl all together, but thanks to VaNz, I might play it 'cuz Peach is where it's at. (I just get frustrated at the competitve scene. Everybody knows it's a campy game, and yet they get pissed off when people camp to win. *shrugs* That's my issue, lol. I'll play anyone in Brawl....(that knows what their doing.)

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I'm intruding on DE's space now...there are cool ppl from DE, lol. I think Peach is awesome....>_> I was gonna avoid Brawl all together, but thanks to VaNz, I might play it 'cuz Peach is where it's at. (I just get frustrated at the competitve scene. Everybody knows it's a campy game, and yet they get pissed off when people camp to win. *shrugs* That's my issue, lol. I'll play anyone in Brawl....(that knows what their doing.)

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"
Peach is ok in brawl... my DK ***** her. I encourage you to challenge that :)

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
yo Rain, didja get my message?

oh and i hear drexel has a cubing tournament in october TBA, i'm gonna try my hands at that ^^

Boog!!!

Smash Rookie
Utlima...I agree with what you're saying...but noobs that only play brawl are boring. I fell asleep during a match and won....with a character I DON'T USE. I can't use Jigs for beans....in any game. So I declared it...."if I win with Jiggs, I'm giving the controller up. It'd be sad if I won." End of the match, "This game's winner is....Jiggly Puff" Not to mention i had the most KO's AND damage output. (We all know scrubs/noobs like FFA). It's like that ANY time I play Brawl. I win like 90% of the matches I play...even when I'm TRYING to lose. If I don't win, I always have the highest KO count. I **** Brawl....hands down. I hadn't played Brawl for like 4 months when I went to Otakon and won my first match there. Then I brought D1 down to his last stock. (Even dealing with my partner's stupidity.) *sigh* Brawl bores me, lol. Not saying I won't play it if it's there....but it bores me. Especially if the person doesn't know how to play Smash. If a Game is gonna be THAT slow....at least make sure you look good while KOing/gimping somebody. Lol, I 2-stocked Reik's Lucario and PK trainer with my Peach/Mario. I beat his MK with my Peach. Maybe once with my Mario...but when he pulled out MK I knew to go Peach, lol. <3 Brawl when it's fun, but <3 Melee even when I lose.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"
Although i play melee, i havent for sometime, so i guess u guys can consider me one of the "only brawl playing noobs"....but trust me, u wont be falling asleep fighting me....unless u wanna get 5stocked....in a 3 stock match.. xD

Top Bottom