• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
@Vincente: Man, I'm so jealous that you actually got to met Azen and Chudat; let alone played them lol. I'll definitely step my brawl game up as much as possible (while still improving in melee as well).

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
The correct answer is... I will be turning 26!

Yeah, I'm mad old... it's no wonder I'm so pretty, I got all these years of gaming experience under my belt!

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
JV, now that you're back you gotta play me and show me what you've learned. Then you have to tell me how you think I'll size up against those guys for CH3.

I may go to the ToS tourney this weekend but I'm not sure... sunday is my b-day, but I do want to try my luck in the brawl tournament.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
JV, now that you're back you gotta play me and show me what you've learned. Then you have to tell me how you think I'll size up against those guys for CH3.

I may go to the ToS tourney this weekend but I'm not sure... sunday is my b-day, but I do want to try my luck in the brawl tournament.
there will be plenty to come, including CH and the new philly summer league tourneys

i also heard something about WoW Arena tourneys at a LAN center near NYC or something, and if they are premade characters, it sounds pretty interesting. I'd have to find out more stuff about it.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
I won't be joining any tournaments from now on. Sadly, I just don't agree with the tournament mindset for smash bros. I'll give a couple of examples as to what affected by decision. When I played Twisted Metal Black Online tournaments, everyone played following universally accepted rules. The main rule being that three of the most overpowered cars primary special attacks were banned, or else noone will play with you at all. Using those cars pretty much gives a guaranteed win over the other cars since they took almost no skill to use, while all the other cars took quite some skill to win with. I actually loved this rule, since I see everyone picking 15 different cars that took real skill to use instead of a small list of 3 top tier cars. After this experience, I decided that the only way to really enjoy unbalanced combat games is by communicating with players and setting up reasonable and justifiable rules.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
For smash bros. tournaments, however, it's all about no rules, no holds barred type of mindset. That means I'll be forced to play the same small list of top tier characters if I really want to use the play to win mindset, and using the dirtiest and cheapest broken "tricks" in the game (infinite chain-grab). I give up going to tournaments...unless someone can convince me otherwise somehow...

Vicente

Smash Cadet
This doesn't mean that I've given up playing smash brothers though. I will still gladly play with you guys, and hope that I can help you guys get better in this game especially for those that are still competing. I'll be doing only friendly and training matches from now on,

If anyone can find a solid and consistent counter to Metaknights Tornado Special, let me know please. From my experience and testing, this move is way too broken and easily abused by players.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
dont forget the rules haven't been really organized yet by regular TOs yet, so everyone has different rules. Same way worked with smash melee, etc, until everyone had almost the same exact rulesets

On another note, you could always come back to melee :>

Vicente

Smash Cadet
I am glad that I've met all of you because you're all very cool and nice fun people. I'm sorry that I can't go to tournaments with you guys anymore, but I can still hang out and have some good fun matches though.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Counter attack moves break the tornado... marios cape would... i'm sure fox can shine him out of it. You could also just roll or air dodge.

As fas as chain grabs... there are no infinite chain grabs in brawl, you just have to know how to shake them. They are all situational.

Smash brothers does have rules... most other games don't. They ban Items... items are those cars you spoke of... *cough* smash balls *cough*.

Universal rules... neutral stages so nobody gets a huge advantage, no stalling tactics allowed to drag on match, 3 stock... 7 mins. Any char is allowed. None are grossly overpowerd in that game. They are all gay.

All competitive games are about advanced techs and glitches and being as dastardly as you can be in tournament scheme. Check out FPS games, and Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom games... people will infinite combo you to death constantly.. that's the way of the world. That's why I like smash, people can't do that to you. If you ever have questions regarding chain grabs, come and show me what u couldn't break and I'll show you how you can.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
In smash you can die in as little as 3 seconds if you're lazy or live up to 5 minutes if you're on top of your game. You are always in complete control of what's going on around you. Directional influence, teching aren't even advanced moves anymore they are assimilated into basic gameplay. Smash 4 life yo <3

Vicente

Smash Cadet
I guess I still need more experience and training eh? Yeah looks like I still need help and work on some things. I'll have to find more ways in dealing with chain grabbing and more effective ways of beating Metaknights. The only character that I have seen who was able to destroy Metaknight was G&W and Metaknight himself. I like ditto matches so I guess that works out pretty well.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
IMO marth ***** him pretty good if you're patient. So does toon link. Anybody with good horizontal KO moves hurts him pretty bad. He isn't much for horizontal resistance.

As you know I don't play to many other characters, but I do think that G&W is now my secondary. Now that I unlocked him and played him a few times, he's so good!

I only have not unlocked Jigglypuff now.

Vicente

Smash Cadet
I did very well on the doubles matches, so if anyone needs a doubles team player PM me or text me on my cell. We may need to run some practice matches so I get to know your fighting style.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I did very well on the doubles matches, so if anyone needs a doubles team player PM me or text me on my cell. We may need to run some practice matches so I get to know your fighting style.
Dude, I live like 15 minutes away from you, be my doubles partner. I need to get better and I suck at teams (literally) so hit me up.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
ive been looking for doubles partners for awhile now and no luck

@ultima, i meant alot more infinites in brawl compared to infinites in melee

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't have to be just one person. I can team up with Nick,Nova, and Ultima...and other DE players that want to.
Sounds good man. Anyone doing anything this friday or saturday? I'm dying to smash it up with my fellow DE players lol.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
maybe for you dover people :O...

anywayz, i just solved my first rubikz cube!!!

start learning if you haven't, because this is addicting, and im gonna try speed cubing once i memorize all the algorythms :> and then we can face each other >.>

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman

start learning if you haven't, because this is addicting, and im gonna try speed cubing once i memorize all the algorythms :> and then we can face each other >.>
This is coming from the one who never comes down to dover:laugh:

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
This is coming from the one who never comes down to dover:laugh:
I've come down to dover... why don't you guys carpool with justin and iceman?

I don't live in Hockessin PA nova... I live in Landenberg PA. I live near Hockessin DE. :dizzy:

So nova is playing at your house out of the question?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
yeah, my house outta the question.

my mom doesn't even know that i'm involved in this community :p
and then she'd ask, WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE RAH RAH RAH GOBBLE GOBBLE RAH

whaddya mean never :p

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
yeah, my house outta the question.

my mom doesn't even know that i'm involved in this community :p
and then she'd ask, WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE RAH RAH RAH GOBBLE GOBBLE RAH

whaddya mean never :p
Am I missing something? Oh wait......you came down a couple of weeks ago for JV's fest.

Now I feel like an idot. GG Nick, GG.

As for carpooling I haven't been in contact with Justin for a while.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice

Dude, your 20 years late for the rubix ****. I have to work Saturday night and I graduate in 2 hours, Friday Night might work but I have to be back on the island by 5 on saturday, which is beat.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
oh in between MD and DE, gotcha...

i had to google it cuz i didn't know wtf annapolis was...
i will never ask for directions from you in my life :D

Top Bottom