• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I don't know you ICE so you're mandated to be here... Justin too. He has to try to take his revenge on me in melee and test me out in brawl

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Yo Ultima were you at the thing in like PA with all the dudes in that guys basement and ***** brett like beat *** and **** and we all came in late and left early with justin and ****? were you there? It was like a month or a month and a half ago or some ****.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Yo Ultima were you at the thing in like PA with all the dudes in that guys basement and ***** brett like beat *** and **** and we all came in late and left early with justin and ****? were you there? It was like a month or a month and a half ago or some ****.
I was the guy that was giving mike Directions on how to get there... I met him and his car full of jollies outside and lead them in. I trust you were part of the band of merry men?

If you look at the rankings for the tournament posted from that night, you will clearly see that yes, I was there.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I tried using MK... I'm terrible with him. It's like me trying to play shiek in melee, I just can't do it.

That's why I stick w/ Marth & Falcon

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I don't use MK much anymore. Its kinda annoying when everyone uses the character, and try to give you advice and **** that you already know. It just seems like he is the new Fox. I think Im gonna play random now, I really don't know.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Yea, I don't use MK much anymore. Its kinda annoying when everyone uses the character, and try to give you advice and **** that you already know. It just seems like he is the new Fox. I think Im gonna play random now, I really don't know.
I still stand by Marth is the best character in Brawl. You show me moves people have, and I'll show you ways marth can beat them out every time.

He requires the most thinking and quick fingered thinking like melee did... <3 Marth forever

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Im contemplating using Marth, I like him alot. I like his playstyle now that Ive gone back to basics. Same with Fox, I love Fox. I want to learn how to use Falcon better, I think Im going to Knee when I should be Uairing, But the little kid in my skull wants to see a zapped G&W or Wario go flying across the screen, but Uair is so much better. People say Falcon sucks, He doesn't suck. He is just different then in Melee. Melee he was a Kneeing god. Sigh... Im not gonna rant, Im sure you all know this.

Anything going on Friday Night or Saturday?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
>_> Pikachu is bad... they always just spam super armor moves that don't work if your opponent has a brain.

Falcon is bad I'll agree, but most of the characters in brawl are bad... I'd put him at probably mid tier again just like in melee only because everyone in brawl is so **** short and his attacks are pretty high and leave him open to low blows.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I still stand by Marth is the best character in Brawl. You show me moves people have, and I'll show you ways marth can beat them out every time.

He requires the most thinking and quick fingered thinking like melee did... <3 Marth forever
snake snake snake and snake, oh and mk, and another snake.

nuff said

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Oh also, there may be something friday or saturday or sunday... I'm not sure the exact day yet. I'll keep you posted though
it better be sunday foo,

but dude, pikachu is not bad anymore, hes got such high freakin priority now its insane.

Oh, is anyone going to the tunes tourney on the 14th?

me and epic are planning to go, if anyone else is going we should do crews or something so i can see epic's edgetechs at their best.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Yea, He is nothing but a shell of his former comboing godliness, but he doesn;t suck entirely. Uair pwns.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Ike ***** everyone. Just play Fire Emblem, you'll understand. lol
I own all the ones that have come to the US (7-10) and will download the emulators for the other 6. Trust me, Brawl does not do Ike justice lol.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a bad character, but is overpowered at the same time, its so freakin weird.

but pikachu is ike's only bad matchup

anyway, im determined to show ike can fair well in tournaments, but i donno if i should use him in CH3 or stick with marth and throw in a snake, i get ***** by ROBs still if i dont use marth

maybe ill just use counterpick characters

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Ike is a bad character, but is overpowered at the same time, its so freakin weird.

but pikachu is ike's only bad matchup

anyway, im determined to show ike can fair well in tournaments, but i donno if i should use him in CH3 or stick with marth and throw in a snake, i get ***** by ROBs still if i dont use marth

maybe ill just use counterpick characters
Strangely enough ROB is considered a Marth counterpick...

But yeah, I say/said/will always say Snake is terrible.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Snake is the best character in this game, Hands down. I hate using him, because im not Asian and I don't have 4 brains capable of formulating mindgamez required to use Snake. HOWEVER, just because Snake's Utilt could arguably be the most cheap move in the game... wait where the **** am I going with this. Use Marth and spam Fair, end of discussion.

Ike is OP if you don't know how to shield, or if you think you can outprioritize his A combo, which you can't, or if you think your safe when Ike has his back facing you. You aren't. I love Ike, only because how how ****ing manly he is. That, and I love Ike's Fair, Its brutal... **** everything about Ike is brutal, even his voiceacting.

P.S. Whats the knockback on The last Up hit in Dancing Blade (Marth's Side B) What does that **** kill at?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
P.S. Whats the knockback on The last Up hit in Dancing Blade (Marth's Side B) What does that **** kill at?
good luck even hitting with that last up-b on any remotely capable player

oh and crack and heroin ftw, snake is more manly

@Ultima, what is considered a ROB counterpick?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Idk... I hit with it all the time... just choose your battles with it. I mostly use the downward one to tech chase people cause you can't stop it rofl!

Rob is supposed to be a Marth counterpick.

Snake is bad... he is not the best character in the game. He is not mindgames. He is sir "PLEASE COME AND GIMP ME", he's big dumb and slow like ike. At least ike ***** snake though.

Marth's sword dance is quite possibly the best move in the game at this point.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman

pikachu is ike's only bad matchup
By your logic, if Pikachu is Ike's only bad matchup, then he isn't a bad character because all of his other matchups are either even or him having an advantage.

Also, I definitely think that Ike has the advantage if anything. He outranges and, for the most part, outprioritizes him quite badly. The only thing that I see that Pikachu has going for him in this matchup is speed,which isn't nearly as rewarded in brawl as range; Ike has alot of range considering that he doesn't even have a projectile.

UltimaScout said:
Marth's sword dance is quite possibly the best move in the game at this point.
Definitely one of the best if not the best.

Just came across this and thought that you guys would want to watch
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oECew6wDH98&feature=related

Top Bottom