• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, on my first game, it was my NK that started endgame. We had multiple mafia pinned in LYLO (Both of which were from their claims contradicting my watcher results, oddly enough), but a Politican AND a Jester ruined any chance of lynching them.

Now that I think of it, I almost ALWAYS survive until endgame or my death causes endgame... The only exception I can think of off the top of my head would be Mario Kart Mafia, where I died N2.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Heh, on my first game, it was my NK that started endgame. We had multiple mafia pinned in LYLO (Both of which were from their claims contradicting my watcher results, oddly enough), but a Politican AND a Jester ruined any chance of lynching them.

Now that I think of it, I almost ALWAYS survive until endgame or my death causes endgame... The only exception I can think of off the top of my head would be Mario Kart Mafia, where I died N2.
You do know that staying alive to LyLo town is almost always a sign that you did badly, right?

Rajam

Smash Champion
1st game (Chrono Trigger, endgamed), I was mod-confirmed town and double-voter, and I gave the game to mod-confirmed indies in a silver plate :x

T-block

B2B TST
First game I was town and made it to endgame, and the only two non-clears were me and the last mafia, and I got them to lynch mafia so town won.

I was pretty lurky scummy the whole game lol... he was mad scummy and the lynch still could have gone either way.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
WINNING AS A JESTER TAKES SKILL

caps
If you have it in mind not to play it like a *******, then yeah. I scumhunted D1 and D2 and got a mafia lynch, but flipped my thought process and then flipped back to give a hammer that looked like a bus so I could get lynched D3. Agreed that jester is jokes, but don't be demeaning.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So it's basically a really easy role unless you play "honorably" and handicap yourself?

I can see that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Handicapping yourself?

Yea and why don't you just tell us you can win with your right arm cut off, and left etc.

By handicapping yourself you inherently give everyone in the game the middle finger in one of two ways.

1. If you lose, they have to contend with the nagging feeling that if you were willing to play with your full potential, you could've won. That makes victory completely unsatisfying.

2. If you win, your victory becomes "I'm so much better then you guys that I can win with both hands tied behind my back!"

And of course, if you're in a team your teammates get rightfully pissed for screwing with their chance of victory.

Just play the game, don't try to rebalance it yourself. All you do is make it unsatisfying for everyone involved.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Handicapping yourself?

Yea and why don't you just tell us you can win with your right arm cut off, and left etc.

By handicapping yourself you inherently give everyone in the game the middle finger in one of two ways.

1. If you lose, they have to contend with the nagging feeling that if you were willing to play with your full potential, you could've won. That makes victory completely unsatisfying.

2. If you win, your victory becomes "I'm so much better then you guys that I can win with both hands tied behind my back!"

And of course, if you're in a team your teammates get rightfully pissed for screwing with their chance of victory.

Just play the game, don't try to rebalance it yourself. All you do is make it unsatisfying for everyone involved.
wgat

Did you read what we just said? I said (sarcastically) that winning as Jester takes skill. Then Nabe said:
If you have it in mind not to play it like a *******, then yeah. I scumhunted D1 and D2 and got a mafia lynch, but flipped my thought process and then flipped back to give a hammer that looked like a bus so I could get lynched D3. Agreed that jester is jokes, but don't be demeaning.
His win condition was to get lynched. He had no reason to actually scumhunt like he did, and risk getting NKed. He went the long, difficult road for his win condition, which is why I said he's basically handicapping himself.

My opinion is that jester is a dumb role. That's all.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wgat

Did you read what we just said? I said (sarcastically) that winning as Jester takes skill. Then Nabe said:

His win condition was to get lynched. He had no reason to actually scumhunt like he did, and risk getting NKed. He went the long, difficult road for his win condition, which is why I said he's basically handicapping himself.

My opinion is that jester is a dumb role. That's all.
That was a response to nabe and his decision to handicap himself on purpose.

I agree with you. Self-balancing an op role is stupid and jester is in the vast majority of setups a stupid role.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
if it's not what you hope it is, why do you sound like you'd be happy it's not what you hope it is?

i still haven't 100% decided what i'm doing. but it's going to be themed around music (hint hint).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Replacement needed for Ragnarok Mafia. Many thanks. I promise you that you can love Laundry if you want. She IS pretty cute.

Got dat replacement. All's well.

Top Bottom