• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I love people with offsite experience. Of she winds up in this game, then I shall take her under my wing and mold her in my image. I will have a second protege to rival Swiss.

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I love people with offsite experience. Of she winds up in this game, then I shall take her under my wing and mold her in my image. I will have a second protege to rival Swiss.

This gives me a good idea. Can someone take me under their wing? I learn best from someone showing me what to do. Also a Ms. Ryker might be too much to handle :p

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Acrostic, be honest

Are you making up this girl so you can make an alt account where everyone is nice to you all the time?

Because that's what I did (bonus points if you can find the account)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Acrostic, be honest

Are you making up this girl so you can make an alt account where everyone is nice to you all the time?

Because that's what I did (bonus points if you can find the account)
I laughed. So freaking hard.

Edit: Just came back and saw the other comments I missed (Ryker). Laughed at them as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu, I have a friend that I recently met who may have some interest in playing/joining your small. If she is free when winter break comes along, then she said she might be interested in playing. She has some mafiascum experience.
If the game hasn't filled up by winter break sure.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi guys! I've never played Mafia before but I was told to try a normal game anyway so if that's all right with you guys...

/in small (Fire and Lightning)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If I'm not mistaken, Fire and Lightning is a closed setup (the kind where all the potential roles are shown from the beginning) right? That should be perfect for someone's first game, so you won't have to deal with people making up roles :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Never played mafia?

You may want to wait on jumping right into the queue unless you can show us you have a sufficient intelligence level. We get way too many players who jump into their first game and get in over their head. Debate hall is a good start to that.

Can you think analytically?

Do you understand the basic game mechanics of mafia and how the game works in phases?

Can you control your emotions under fire?

Can you take criticism?

If you answered yes to most of those, you might be alright.

The only reason I warn you is because most of the players in Fire & Lightning are quite strong/experienced, so you'll be the boy among men, as it were.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You may want to wait on jumping right into the queue unless you can show us you have a sufficient intelligence level. We get way too many players who jump into their first game and get in over their head. Debate hall is a good start to that.
Not sure if serious.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
-dead- @ intelligence level requirement. Freaking Swiss is one of the better players here; that should tell you everything about the intelligence needed to play in here :awesome:

:059:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I really dislike the Debate Hall but I do have that pink username. :p
I'm already part of the Debate Hall.

I'm not sure to what extent I can answer yes to your questions but the problem is that there won't be another Newbie game for a long time. I totally understand if I'm not allowed to join in the game though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You don't really need an answer to any of his questions. Few players could honestly claim that they fulfill all of these requirement.

:059:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah I don't really get why Raziek felt the need to put those forward.

Its really your personal choice. Each has its own pros and cons.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm just saying, it's good to avoid situations where a game starts, one of the players realizes they're in too deep, and replaces out within a day.

>_>

See: Spellcasters in Majora's Mask.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Never played mafia?

Can you think analytically?

Do you understand the basic game mechanics of mafia and how the game works in phases?

Can you control your emotions under fire?

Can you take criticism?

If you answered yes to most of those, you might be alright.

The only reason I warn you is because most of the players in Fire & Lightning are quite strong/experienced, so you'll be the boy among men, as it were.
To be honest, you need to be able to answer yes to at least three of those to be able to play the game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Open setup* but yeah.
So it's open as in "the setup is open for everybody to see" instead of "the roles are open for discussion since you don't know what they are :awesome:"?

Courier will be fine in the F&L game. As Raziek mentioned, there are a lot of strong/experienced players in F&L, but he'll be fine as long as they realize it's his first game.

@RR: you mentioned the setup before but I don't feel like finding

Yes, he's the low down.

Both mafia are separate factions, they want each other dead.

Each night, each faction will pick a person to cap. The player whom gets the highest uncap vote lives and the other will die. It will also list how the person died, aka if they died from Fire mafia or Lightning mafia.

If both factions target the same player it will result in the player to just outright die.

multiple incaps will not kill a player.

If one factions dies, the other will get full blown night kills.
Just kidding here it is.

Are you going to tell us the whole setup before the game starts?

Considering joining as a replacement, but I despise replacing in. The one game I actually signed up for as a replacement and put a ton of effort into keeping up with (Pulp Fiction) miraculously had nobody replace out.
That's only because that one person was vigged. Clearly, more games need vigs.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Asdioh said:
Courier will be fine in the F&L game. As Raziek mentioned, there are a lot of strong/experienced players in F&L, but he'll be fine as long as they realize it's his first game.
Mercy shan't be given to those who feel they can hold their ground.

And you ruined the song.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Maybe he can hold his ground :O
And if he doesn't feel like he can, then he'll just ... not play arrogantly, or whatever.

take it to social >:c

> : c

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah everyone seriously needs to chill out before we scare him into thinking he'll be crushed into tiny pieces.

The fact of the matter is this is a game and its really not a huge deal either way.

@Courier: It wouldn't be a problem with any of the players or mod if you played in a normal game, so don't worry about pissing anyone off. Just know the learning curve will be steeper if you go that route. That's it. And its your decision.

Top Bottom