• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I am on episode 39. is awesome. also yeah Crashic's anemone pictures are awesome... eureka for pics IDK I dont like her that much to have a pic of her in a avatar.

did anyone here watched digimon!?
which season you wanna discuss sweety;

1, 2, 3? I dont think i liked 4

the ending to season 1 was fantastic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
my favorite animated series of all time;

Batman: The Animated Series

i ****ing love this series so loving much omg i need to buy a box set of all these ****

Bruce Wayne was loving HOT

That's odd, with me it was the opposite. I didn't like Eureka 7 until I saw the ending. I don't mean that as in "I was glad when it ended hurr hurr", I really enjoyed the ending and thought it was better than the rest of the series as a whole.
I think its the animation Studio to be frank. Bone's studio is kinda weird ish. But they got some pretty good talent there. I'd assume you probably liked it because it got alot more expressionistic, quiet, and artsy. Episodes 1-40ish are all kinda loud, on the run, talkative, the story is pretty raging to go and doesnt really stop very much..untill the last few episodes. I guess for me, that slow down and WEIRDED out place they go into at the end kinda...threw me for a loop. That and the very ending where
Eureka and Renton retreat or hide away from human society leaving everyone behind
kind made me upset. It didnt have a feeling of closure to it. I dont really totally understand their deicion to do something so radical like that, especially for like what most of the story they were trying to accomplish something in human society right?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
thing is i..never really fully understood that character in your avatar. Her psychotic nature was sometimes pretty appealing to me. But since i only watched the whole anime once, i kinda failed to understand her place in the plot. She does make a turn around towards the end, but im kinda still left not knowing who she is..or where she came from
It was very brief, but they did mention what happened to her. Spoilers below
First, she caught the desperation disease, which is where her soul is fused with the scub coral, because she can no longer bare to live in the material world. They ripped her soul out of the scub coral, and kept her there through heavy medication. Without the heavy medication, her brain is constantly torn between the two worlds, causing truly head splitting head aches and noise bleeds. Her desperation disease was caused when she lost her parents into the war. Dewy used her to get in contact with the Coraline, as seen when renton, eureka, and her all traveled into the Coraline.
I think you mean appalling by the way. But, I like women crazy so its all good for me :p Dee bit me once too

When i shop around for any type of animation, i heavy look at the story first. Story is the foundation on which you can tell your philosophy, your words of wisdom, your point of view. Eureka 7 portrays this by telling us throughout the story that we should have some type of harmony with the planet.
Actually, I don't care anything about stories at all xD If an anime just had character interaction, then I'm good. Its really the only thing I care about in any story medium. I want real life charecter interaction, which Eureka 7 showed excedingly well, focusing on releationships. Weather the blooming relationship or Eureka and Renton, or the devloped but still ever changing relationship of Charles and Ray as opposed to Holland and Talho. Every stage and kind of releationship is shown, and i find them all very touching and accurate portrayals. For me, the message of the story to me is pointless, I only care about the characters and seeing them interact. For this reason, Eureka 7 is my favorite anime, and episode 48 my favorite episode of anything of all time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It was very brief, but they did mention what happened to her. Spoilers below
First, she caught the desperation disease, which is where her soul is fused with the scub coral, because she can no longer bare to live in the material world. They ripped her soul out of the scub coral, and kept her there through heavy medication. Without the heavy medication, her brain is constantly torn between the two worlds, causing truly head splitting head aches and noise bleeds. Her desperation disease was caused when she lost her parents into the war. Dewy used her to get in contact with the Coraline, as seen when renton, eureka, and her all traveled into the Coraline.
I think you mean appalling by the way. But, I like women crazy so its all good for me :p Dee bit me once too

Actually, I don't care anything about stories at all xD If an anime just had character interaction, then I'm good. Its really the only thing I care about in any story medium. I want real life charecter interaction, which Eureka 7 showed excedingly well, focusing on releationships. Weather the blooming relationship or Eureka and Renton, or the devloped but still ever changing relationship of Charles and Ray as opposed to Holland and Talho. Every stage and kind of releationship is shown, and i find them all very touching and accurate portrayals. For me, the message of the story to me is pointless, I only care about the characters and seeing them interact. For this reason, Eureka 7 is my favorite anime, and episode 48 my favorite episode of anything of all time.
That Charles and Ray section was nice, i enjoyed that.

Well let me grab a dictionary ref.

sto⋅ry
1  /ˈstɔri, ˈstoʊri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stawr-ee, stohr-ee] Show IPA noun, plural -ries, verb, -ried, -ry⋅ing.
Use story in a Sentence
See web results for story
See images of story
–noun
1. a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.
2. a fictitious tale, shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
3. such narratives or tales as a branch of literature: song and story.
4. the plot or succession of incidents of a novel, poem, drama, etc.: The characterizations were good, but the story was weak.
5. a narration of an incident or a series of events or an example of these that is or may be narrated, as an anecdote, joke, etc.
6. a narration of the events in the life of a person or the existence of a thing, or such events as a subject for narration: the story of medicine; the story of his life.
7. a report or account of a matter; statement or allegation: The story goes that he rejected the offer
Without the conflict of Alien vs Human in Eureka 7 then there would never would of been those relationships. Those social interactions are determined by events that put them into motion; mainly the conflict that drives the story. Which is the problem of co-existance between the Scub Coral and Humans.

Eureka Seven works on a wide variety of themes throughout its story[3]. One of the most obvious themes in the series is racial integration, presented via the relationships in the series, e.g. Renton's with Eureka, who is not entirely human. Religious tolerance and harmony is presented in the characters' relationships and also the series' conflicts.[citation needed] Allegories of real world conflicts and wars, current political climates from Japan and abroad, depictions of surf culture[4] and other subcultures and related musical movements that span several generations, and ties to environmental movements.[4][5] The series also covers other more personal themes such as parenting, and family, along with a very innocent view of puppy love/love at first sight from Renton and Eureka.[5] Personal identity and protection play a huge role for Renton and Eureka, as both of them say, "I am me" in the series multiple times, and Renton has sworn to protect Eureka. Continuing with themes addressed in previous series, responsibility and guilt manifest most explicitly with repeating the phrase, "You're going to carry that weight." The series works these themes, as well as the theme of growing up and change, into the journey of Renton Thurston.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_7

that paragraph sums up alot of the various points relayed in the anime itself.

So in order for all the relationships to take place, you'd need an excuse to get them from point A to point B. The story is what got those relationships you like so much. Its all about how you create the foundation of your story.

p.s.s.s i tend to like weird psychotic types too, even if unironically im a female and the female you like is welp female [no homo sry]

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So in order for all the relationships to take place, you'd need an excuse to get them from point A to point B. The story is what got those relationships you like so much. Its all about how you create the foundation of your story.
Seinfield and the french movie industry say hi

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Seinfield and the french movie industry say hi
some movie archetypes can get away with it-- only french films ive seen are advent garde ones. I guess we should ask daddy beavy about this then

Seinfield is different from something like Eureka 7 in that there is no central plot it. "Seinfeld as a "show about nothing," similar to the self-parodying "show within a show" " I believe that Eureka had a deeper meaning beyond its relationships. Seinfield...idk i havent watched it much, but it became famous through relationships themselves. Then at the end of the day we all learn something about ourselves through what happends..it works tho so ya your right there
i miss the 90s
...wtf happend to american television...oh wait RELATIVITY TV

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
why.....they have such a rich history of artists..

take Claude Monet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Monet

Having seen his paintings in person they're so loving beastly. He just literally dipped his brush into the paint and put stroke after stroke of paint without really blending/rendering

i mean look at this ****

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouen_Cathedral_(Monet)

He did a study of how light hit this catholic cathedral OH MY GOD IT BLOWS MY MIND FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i mean look at this stuff

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Claude_Monet_033.jpg

he doesnt outline anything, all of it is just paint and how the light hits it and when you step back to look at it IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE A LOVING CATHEDRAL

There should be no excuse for why the french shouldnt love this very man

if i ever go to daddy beavy's country i am so checking out the museums and churches there.
Some of those medieval churches are absolutely stunning

since i'll never shut up about this
heres a picture of a thing

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It beats me. I mean, they have movies like Delicatessen, Jules et Jim, Amelie, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. They should respect themselves a bit more.
Maybe it because they have ubisoft.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
they need to eat more cheese and wine

i think that theyve just been overly saturated with artistic awesome for the past few hundred years they tend to over look how important their culture is to us foreigners

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I was just putting double names so that his name search will get double the results!

Btw, how's the chat working? I still can't get in lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Eureka 7 was the freakin' best. Ray and Charles... ;__;!

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet
i don't hate all french things, i don't like some ( a lot ) french movies but there are some that i like pretty much, but as a young guy i like more action etc... ( even if i liked Amélie Poulain or some other movies )

About the story part when tekk will come back i think he might talk about books, so i'll try to speak a bit about art, i like some of our artist from France or even from Europe but i always think " why this guy and not an other " to me a lot of people have a lot of skill but we don't know their names it's pretty unfair to see only one person get popular u_u

In conclusion: potatoes ftw.

About animes

I think the story is very important not only seing peoples together, jokes and fights

example: FMA i loved it some moments almost made me cry ( gaah hugues T___T ) those two that want to get their body back together and the "plot" of the homonculus

and on the other side Naruto i don't like it, it's just

challenger aproaching => fight => o no i'm losing => "I fight for my friends" => big ****ing attack => yeah i win => RAMEN ! => o noes new challenger => etc ...

The story doesn't have any goal except maybe naruto becoming hokage

Purple

Hi guys!
You know, considering this is the dedede boards, i would highly think there would be like. "what's the best dedede color" and things of that sort.

Karina needs to take my spot. At least she plays D3.
i play d3, and i know every match up. Does that make me eligible >_>

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You know, considering this is the dedede boards, i would highly think there would be like. "what's the best dedede color" and things of that sort.

i play d3, and i know every match up. Does that make me eligible >_>
it'd be kinda boring if we all did talk about DDD. tbh i have no problem with that
DDD is my gay babby i love this kid so much <333

i don't hate all french things, i don't like some ( a lot ) french movies but there are some that i like pretty much, but as a young guy i like more action etc... ( even if i liked Amélie Poulain or some other movies )

About the story part when tekk will come back i think he might talk about books, so i'll try to speak a bit about art, i like some of our artist from France or even from Europe but i always think " why this guy and not an other " to me a lot of people have a lot of skill but we don't know their names it's pretty unfair to see only one person get popular u_u

In conclusion: potatoes ftw.

About animes

I think the story is very important not only seing peoples together, jokes and fights

example: FMA i loved it some moments almost made me cry ( gaah hugues T___T ) those two that want to get their body back together and the "plot" of the homonculus

and on the other side Naruto i don't like it, it's just

challenger aproaching => fight => o no i'm losing => "I fight for my friends" => big ****ing attack => yeah i win => RAMEN ! => o noes new challenger => etc ...

The story doesn't have any goal except maybe naruto becoming hokage
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=2439

watching the Brotherhood right now actually

In conclusion: potatoes ftw
this is why your my daddy, beavy <3
are the french fries over there any good bb

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet
the french are good 8D but most i make some myself

i have not watched Brotherhood since about 1 month i'm still at ep 10 or something like that but there so many other things to do ( swimming pool *-* )

and baby DDD needs love not peoples fighting to choose the best color ( brown obviously =p )

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nya should be our mod.
Reasons:
1. She's a lurker, those make the best mods in my opinion. I don't like loud mods.
2. She mains D3.
3. She's the only woman amongst us. That deserves benefits.
4. She's already a mod.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^ Hey im a female

the french are good 8D but most i make some myself

i have not watched Brotherhood since about 1 month i'm still at ep 10 or something like that but there so many other things to do ( swimming pool *-* )

and baby DDD needs love not peoples fighting to choose the best color ( brown obviously =p )
go watch man, they're up to ep. 20 now

and where is love for red gay ba[ddd]y

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet
5 ep. to watch now @__@ but this time i won't watch any other anime at the same time because of this i don't remember at what ep of Blood+ i am u__u and i lost the name of a good anime i wanted to watch

And i forgot to speak about koukaku no regios ( short animes ftw 8D )

Red baby is cute too but he doesn't have the lovely gloves of brown baby ( are we starting the color war ? =p )

Top Bottom