• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
It was fine until 25. Rxd7. I had been debating between that and 25. Qxd7. I hadn't looked at 25. Qh8, but the second I saw it, I knew I had lost and was just running on the off-chance you'd miss something.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Zip if you want in on the competition post a picture. Same goes for you Xiivi. You're like the one exception.
i dont have any pictures on this comp atm, i'll get one up eventually..

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Its cool man..lol
anyways guise i know this has been spoken about in other topics, but im trying to find a solid secondary for dedede that isnt snake,mk,g&w,Falco or R.O.B..
im thinking about one of these(lucario,luigi,marth,wario,diddy,DK)
what are your thoughts? x_______X
Well ****, with that criteria why even bother?

jk lol

I agree with what 7ACE7 said about Marth. Peach, Squirtle, and Yoshi may be good options too. Kirby, Luigi, Sheik, Wolf, and Ness are good for dealing with Olimar specifically, but they're not good against Ice Climbers. Conversely, Lucario, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Link, and Jigglypuff are all good against Ice Climbers but are not as good against Olimar. From what I can tell, Wario and Diddy go even with ICs and Olimar, but if you're ok with that then go for it.

This is all just assuming you're only having problems with the two matchups you specified and you don't need any help on Dedede's other problem matchups (Falco, Pikachu, etc.).
Of course, if you are having trouble with them, Marth is still the best option lol.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Can I throw my hate into the picture contest?

Regardless of whether I win or lose, it's good to put a name to a face :D

(BTW, just incase you didn't notice, I'm the guy...)

Coney

Smash Master
Sup *****es.

I'm Coney Isle. Or Coney. Or C~I, whatever. I'm like, the eighth best DDD main in the MD/VA area. Okay, no, I'm really not that bad, but I don't really go to tournaments too often. I'm a co-TO for really tiny sometimes-free tournaments in the southern MD area, ones that are less about competition and more about fun and development. My name for those tourneys is Sugar. We put videos on Youtube. They're full of commentary and bad observations (one person said snake can't be touched in the air, LOL) but they're good-hearted.

I use DDD because I love DDD. My goal isn't to win tournaments (i'm one of those non-infinite DDD players you folks have heard so much about), it's just to have fun. Competitive smash is more of a hobby for me. Back when DDD was first announced I was with a large group of friends and we were up really late and someone checked the JAPAN TIME and it was him and I was overjoyed. I declared him as my dude before the game even came out and while there was some doubt with Lucas, who I also loved, DDD quickly took center stage. I've always played extremely aerial characters (Ness in 64, Jiggs in Melee) and had planned to use Jiggs again until the King's announcement. I'd probably still use Jigglypuff if she didn't die at 10%. Anyway, I've never been good at ground combat, so to have a character with an all-purpose ground move (GRAB!) was perfect for me, especially when it leads into the air!

I wear a black military cap to every tournament I go to, usually backwards, and usually so it almost covers my eyes. I don't know why. I also have a Mother pin on it (just the logo of the world, from the game series) and I've been told it throws people off. They pick Marth, expecting Ness or Lucas and I give them DDD which isn't a bad matchup per say...I just never had a problem with fighting Marth. Mindgaemz.

Am I the sexiest DDD main? No, probably not. I'm ugly. But I have the sexiest girlfriend. That's the hat, by the way.

3 1/2 years this summer WOOOOO

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play chess?
There's no lag on this game.
http://www.chess.com/

Also, who here listens to breakcore?
**** Rock Disco baby.

Also, anyone find it funny that my girlfriend is named Dee, and my favorite chord is D major, and I main Dededee?

Also, anyone wanna challange me for most attractive member of the D3 boards?

Also, anyone else make music?
Check it.
Lol!! you're so random crashic.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Lol this competition just went international.

YeahRoy!!!

United Kingdom represent.

Here's a question, how'd you all get you're GamerTag.

My was from a card game called Raw Deal, I was know as MiniSmudge for a long time because I looked like a younger version of a friend of mine call Smudge (I was 16, he was 36) at the time (we also have the same first name, eerie)

Anyway, when he retired from the game, he gave this big speech how he wanted the 'Smudge Dynasty' to live on, and named me the new Smudge. It was all in jest and a good laugh, but still touching nevertheless.

I haven't used another GamerTag since, although I do still remember my older ones :D

So, what everyone else's story?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This is my musician name because of how much I love cymbals.
I slammed Crash and Classic together and came up with CRASHiC.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Yeah...mine came from the early days of Brawl. I'm talking fall 2007. At that point, I had NO idea who i wanted to main. My main choices were Dedede of course, Meta Knight, and Pit. I new I would have to wait to play the game to decide, but I wanted a name that would represent my character when I got to that point. I made a poor choice. I decided, judging by the fact that I could NOT play with heavyweights in previous Smash installments, I figured it was going to be Pit or Meta Knight, and that the name WingedKnight could stand in for either of them. Now.....yeah. My new story now is that I'm one of Dedede's loyal followers and royal guards XD. I suppose if I go to a tourney, it could throw people off. They hear my tag and choose (hopefully) Snake to fight MK, and then... >:-)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My gamer tag is my last name. It's also been my nickname since middle/high school.

Yeah, I'm very creative.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Well I wanna play the picture contest!

Bam. Lol. =P Ok but serious pic of me and my gf:

I've also been dating her for 3 and a half years. =3 Let's see... Uh... I'm a senior in mechanical engineering at LSU about to graduate in May. Still kinda sorda looking for a job... >.>

As far as worst matchups go, I'd say Olimar and Falco's can be a pain. I'm trying to learn Oli and Kirby right now. Kirby for the bad D3 matchups and Oli for fun.

As for the King, I always liked him and I got super excited when I saw him announced. I thought I'd give him a try but at first he just seemed so odd. I still tried to play him every now and then. One day I just said screw it, and just put a lot of effort into learning him. And bam, that's pretty much all about me.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
My gamer tag is actually only "sMex" and the "y-Blu" I got it from a friend a long time ago.

I main D3 and secondary Luigi/Fox/CF.

I am a goofy unique pot smoker(not rly) who happens to be good at politics.

I just choose DeDeDe because its fun grabbing people over and over again(i don't mean the cg)

My best vid is probably this one.

I'm not good with stories kthxbai.

Zip.

Smash Lord
erm..well my name was a character i made up a while back..i actually use many, many tags..

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It seems that pretty much all the D3 mains have other halfs

And they say D3 doesn't attract the ladeez lol
Who said that?

I've always said that *****es love the king.

You know why lain, Fogo, CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, and Foursaken never post here anymore?

They're all too busy getting some.
Except for Gaybrik and Foreskin who changed mains like homos.

RATED

Smash Lord
jejjeje I win this for default! that avatar is me , full of win! :chuckle: ( joking but yeah that's me!) I am a bit "lost" from the d3 boards ,but I am still going to tournaments and practing.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nope, sure can't.

Also, Beef, don't try to cheat your self out of this one. You're entering the contest ****it.

Yes ladies, Rick Ashley is here.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Nope, sure can't.

Also, Beef, don't try to cheat your self out of this one. You're entering the contest ****it.

Yes ladies, Rick Ashley is here.
Lol!!! I looked at my own picture there and I was like wtf??!! I was thinking about putting it there but. . .meh thanks Lol!! D*mn dude, a funny man, you are Crashic.
I'm the only one with a beastly hairstyle just like my avatar XD.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Alright since im fairly unkown..or am i? 0_o Im T3h Albino The best D3 main in GA ;333 and I main Green D3 i will try to represent him well *as foursaken has stepped down* xD im typing this from a laptop because im on my way to a tournament in florida ;D. My favorite smileys are ;D, 0_o, and ;3. Anyway king dedede has been my main from the start ever since brawl came out xD. I have switched around from many characters though which compensates for my vast knowledge of the whole cast ;D. My name comes from the fact that i am indeed albino, and that im so good i get T3h in front of it. Im african american btw *yes i know irony ;_;* uhmm what else is there too say oh oh oh. I need some help a little i have a huge problem with snake =/ yeah apparently d3 is his hardest matchup but i don't really buy that. I think one of the problems im having is the "approach" a lot of the snakes i play like to just throw nades all over the place and plant mines and whatnot and restrict my option on getting to him then just spam mortars and nikita until the clock hits 0 ;_;. One of the problems may be i get very impatient when playing snakes and it pisses me off that they just sit around throwing nades and i just rush in with 0 and end up with like 80 in 4seconds xD. Well im sure you guys can help me with my snake problem i've considered just using another character for the matchup, but i honestly don't feel like learning another character. I main King D3 and Diddy kong. I second Kirby and Lucario. Im training my zss to become very good as well in the ranks with my diddy and d3. uhmm ill enter the sexy d3 main competition

no my eyes are not actually red because of some wierd genetic **** i have eyes that change different colors instead of the customary red eyes that other albino's have <_<

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Dude WTF? I also have a lot of problem with Snakes...

I beat Falco's way easier than Snake's...

DeDeDe is no way Snake's worst matchup, Snake can handle the CG by perfect nade game and other tactics. DeDeDe gets gay'd by campers easily I mean like Snake can nade camp us all day long and theres nothing we can do about it and this also happens with Falco.

Wario can run away and run out the timer all the match and the CG isn't enough to win that matchup same with Snake.

DeDeDe CG isn't as good as most people say, yeah its free damage but most character have a way to around it just like the Ice Climbers CG.

Smudge

Smash Lord
I don't mind the Snake match-up, I get alot of Snake practice thought to be fair.

Few things i've seen:
- He punishes Waddle Dee Toss stupidly well
- Dairs and Bair seem to be the key against him. I only use Fairs if below Snake and in the air
- Keep you recovery unpredictable (This is obvious though)
- When Snake is recovering, this is you're chance to gimp him with you're air game, either carrying him off with Bairs or Fairs

I'll have a look over a few of my vids and post some more later.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
DAirs and BAirs are your friends against Snake. I don't think he's TOO bad, but it's always an interesting fight.
Smudge said:
And they say D3 doesn't attract the ladeez lol
Wow, you have a very interesting point there. People tell me I act like Dedede sometimes, in that my intentions are often misunderstood, I'm very competetive, and I always seem like I'm enjoying life. XD Speaking from personal experience, my girlfriend thinks King Dedede is awesome. (She plays Brawl at least, not too well, but it's fun!) There may be a correlation here...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Your signature will only show up if YOUR POST is bigger than your signature.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Snake is not a bad matchup, idk what you guys are having problems with.

I actually have this matchup written up so you guys should go look at it in the matchup thread. It's such a good writeup that the Snake boards decided to steal it.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
OK, to keep discussion flowing...
What is your favorite of Dedede's moves?
For me, I'd say BAir in terms of usefulness. But overall favorite for awesomeness? JET HAMMAH!! It's not as horrible as a lot of people expect, catches 'em by surprise for epic lulz. Definitely his coolest move. So glad it didnt end up near useless to attack (Like SDDDJ).

Top Bottom