• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
We'll continue the Squirrel Girl job for another day, at least.

Here are the results for the boss poll:

-The Juggernaut: 1
-Mister Sinister: 2
-Trigon: 3
-Godspeed: 4
-Cyborg Superman: 5
-Galactus: 8
-The Beyonder: 8
-Angstrom Levy: 11

We'll be adding Angstrom Levy from Invincible as one of the bosses, though there's a tie for second place. I'm going to have two polls this time, one to determine which boss we'll include if we only have one (the Beyonder or Galactus), and one to see if we'll add one of the bosses or both of them.

Woohoo! A win for Angstrom!
I'm entirely sure this was only due to my writeup and moveset, so I'm very glad I went through with all that. I would like to ask if anyone had any thoughts on the moveset I had made for him, now that he's our first boss after Thanoseid.

On another note, if we do end up including both Marvel bosses, my suggestion would be for the next boss challenge to only be DC bosses to even it out. This is only in the event that they both make it in, though

View attachment 361191
-Hawkgirl ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Stargirl (@Darkonedagger)
-Cyclone ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Power Girl ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Mister Terrific ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-The Atom ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

I wasn't sure how to handle the Atom situation, but I decided to include the Golden Age Atom so that he's an option. (since Ray Palmer's a Justice League member rather than a Justice Society member)

Vote for your top three choices, and your own can't be in first.

1. Power Girl
2. Mister Terrific
3. Hawkgirl

---

Job 169: nominate costumes for Invincible

As we've done previously, we'll nominate one default costume and up to seven alternates.

I think I'll slow it down to one job per day, at least for a little bit; we've covered all of the DLC stages, all of the confirmed DLC characters either have movesets or have a moveset job that's ongoing, I don't want to do two costume jobs at once, and I don't want to plan out themes for the next DLC season just yet.

A reminder that if you want to do character interactions (intro dialogues or victory quotes), arcade mode endings, or trading cards, those are always open.
I'm a bit surprised by the low turnout for this vote round, especially since this was voted in. Granted, 6 is about the average for niché rounds like this, but I figured we would see a lot more classic 40's/50's comics appreciation here. I'd say we got the most popular members anywa, though (disregarding the potential skins).

Additionally, having classic Atom does sound more interesting than Ray Palmer... if not for the fact that his powers are extremely limited. Definitely could make a neat moveset out of it anyway but regardless, I'll move on.

1. Power Girl
2. Hawkgirl
3. Mister Terrific

These are all definitely more high profile characters than even my own nomination, though if I had a 4th spot available I would vote Cyclone. Stargirl's a neat inclusion, too.

I'm at work so I won't be able to do Invincible costumes at the moment, but you already know I have plenty of ideas prepared already c:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for the delay; my shift at work ended later.

There have been a few times where I've been tempted to have a mercy rule, usually when the poll results have me thinking "Stop, stop, they're already dead!" This wasn't as extreme in that regard as, say, the Marvel magic users round from the base game, but there was a very clear winner here.

The Atom: 1
Stargirl: 7
Mister Terrific: 8
Hawkgirl: 10
Power Girl: 16

Power Girl 5.png

As a result, we'll be adding Power Girl to the roster! Congratulations Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer ! Much like Black Adam, there were a few cases where she was nominated for the base game but didn't make it in, so it's nice to see her being added. (and thanks to Infinity Sorcerer for the moveset)

We'll be adding PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Invincible costumes, and going by the poll, we'll be adding one boss in addition to Angstrom Levy - the Beyonder!

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like anyone else is planning a Squirrel Girl moveset, so we'll be going with mine rather than dragging this out another day. Taking into account that the other DLC characters had movesets posted with them, it seems like we've got movesets for all of the DLC characters as of now!

Job 170: nominate costumes for Mister Miracle and Squirrel Girl

I figured I'd do two costume jobs today since I'm not sure how many options Mister Miracle has. (I've only read the Mister Miracle series by Tom King and a bit of the Jack Kirby run on the character, so I'm not sure what else he's appeared in)

I'm thinking we're going to do the Marvel legacy character round tomorrow. (in case someone's unfamiliar with the term, TV Tropes has an explanation; I'll explain it in detail tomorrow) I don't know if we'll go with themes for the second season, or make it so you can nominate anyone but once you've nominated them, you can't nominate them for the rest of the season. We might have a DC boss round thrown in there as well.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While I couldn't participate in this job since I don't know neither of the characters I could explain the concept of Legacy Characters if I can (since well, I was the one submitting it).

What it's a Legacy Character?
It's basically an identity that passed to another person, in other words, a person who taked the place of a previous one in their alias, in fact some characters in the roster are actually Legacy Characters like Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel or Miles Morales as Spider-Man (or well, at least that was his status until he was dragged to the Earth-616), some examples (that could also work very well has ideas for nominations) could be:
Sam Wilson as Captain America
Scott Lang as Ant-Man
Kaine Parker as Scarlet Spider
1664044925651.png
Jane Foster as Thor
Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain
Sam Alexander as Nova
Lin Lie as Iron Fist

Even some characters who are considered the "main" heroes who first took the name are actually legacy characters like Luke Cage as Power Man or Johnny Storm as The Human Torch!

Now, I looked some people worried with the job before since they consider that certain characters should use their most well knowed version instead of another character, while the whole purpose of the job is exactly the one of try to bring a not-so-regular version of a character to the table instead of the most common I think that it could be fair use their regular personas instead (something that I read the proper Megadoomer suggested) so for example you could nominate Betsy but as Psylocke, Sam Wilson as Falcon, Bucky Barnes as The Winter Soldier or Lin Lie as Sword Master but, that of course wouldn't depend of me but of Mega.

If you want to see more Legacy Characters to have some inspiration before the start of the job here it is a link to the specific TV Tropes page for the Marvel Universe. You can also just write in Google "Marvel Legacy Characters" and you could find a lot of other options.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Squirrel Girl costumes:

1. Default

2. Classic

3. Great Lakes X-Men

4. Gray Squirrel

5. Asgardian

6. USAvengers

7. Snow Outfit

8. All-American Red Squirrel

I got the costumes from here, in case anyone wants to submit alternatives.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm thinking we're going to do the Marvel legacy character round tomorrow. (in case someone's unfamiliar with the term, TV Tropes has an explanation; I'll explain it in detail tomorrow) I don't know if we'll go with themes for the second season, or make it so you can nominate anyone but once you've nominated them, you can't nominate them for the rest of the season. We might have a DC boss round thrown in there as well.
I thought we'd do themes for the second season and the third would just be up for vote

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I thought we'd do themes for the second season and the third would just be up for vote
Yeah, themes have worked well so far, so I'm leaning towards sticking with them.

Mister Miracle costumes:

1. Default

2. 90's

3. Trainee
1664066510242.jpeg

4. Booster Gold Fan Club

5. Doctor Impossible
(just the costume)

6. Kingdom Come
(this is the only picture I can find of it)
7. DC Legends

8. Darkseid War

My options were limited (his costume seems to have stayed pretty consistent since the Jack Kirby era), so if anyone can find better options (or at least better pictures), post them if anything sticks out. His appearance when he has the Anti-Life Equation (at least, I believe that's what's going on here) could be a palette swap, since that's what it appears to be.

(we haven't talked about palette swaps much, but it would avoid confusion in mirror matches, at least, and I think people mentioned that the blue MvC Venom could be one)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My costumes for Squirrel Girl and Mister Miracle win by default, so that's a quickly resolved round.

Job 171: nominate a Marvel legacy character for DLC

Today, we're going to wrap up the first season of DLC (the character roster for it, anyway) with Marvel legacy characters! Infinity Sorcerer gave a good explanation above, and I'm fine with a character being nominated even if they're not best known for that legacy identity. For example...
  • Clint Barton is mainly known as Hawkeye, but for an extended period of time, he took on the identity of Goliath (previously used by Hank Pym) and Ronin (previously used by Echo), so he'd be eligible
  • Kate Bishop is also mainly known as Hawkeye; she wasn't the first one to go by that codename, so she'd be eligible
  • Bullseye (real name unknown, possibly "Lester") went by Hawkeye when Norman Osborn formed his own group of Avengers, so he's eligible
You can nominate characters in their legacy identity or another one (since the legacy costume would likely be included as an alternate costume if it's not the default).

Here are several pages' worth of examples:

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Submitting Clint Barton AKA Hawkeye
Hawkeye_(Clinton_Barton).png

Raised in the circus with his brother, Clint Barton envied Iron Man's success as a superhero, and decided to become a costumed hero himself, as the hero HAWKEYE. However, while stopping a bank from being robbed, he was mistaken for being the robber himself, and became a fugitive from the law. He was rescued by Natasha Romanoff, also known as the Black Widow, who was a villain at the time, and teamed up with her to take down Iron Man. However, he eventually reformed and joined the Avengers, becoming an important recurring member, even founding and leading the West Coast Avengers along with his then-wife Mockingbird.

What qualifies Clint for this round is that he took up the Goliath and Captain America identities on two separate periods, although neither of them stuck and he returned to his archery ways.

Hawkeye is arguably one of the biggest absences in the base roster, being a founding Avenger in the MCU, and while that version, which is the most well known to mainstream audiences, might not be the most popular member of the team, his comic book counterpart is a definite fan favorite and an iconic member of the team. Look no further than the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon to see the character truly shine.

There's also his famous cross-company rivalry with Green Arrow, with both being their respective superhero universes' primary archer character. Having one without the other truly feels like a missed opportunity.

It's also worth mentioning that he's the only Marvel character to be considered a honorary member of the Justice League in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Ant-Man (Hank Pym)

Ant-Man is one of Marvel's oldest heroes (technically pre-dating the likes of Iron Man and the Hulk), and a founding Avenger. (the only founding Avenger that isn't in the roster yet) Admittedly, it's understandable why he's not a part of the base roster; he's a difficult character to work with at the best of times, with a dark history, the Ultimate universe taking his worst traits and exaggerating them (to the point where he was somehow the worst out of the Ultimates, and that's a high bar to clear - regular Hank Pym struck his wife during a mental breakdown and has spent forty-plus years trying to make up for it, while Ultimate Hank Pym is an abusive piece of trash), and Marvel attempting to brush him under the rug as much as possible these days. (he's been dead for seven or eight years at this point)

I enjoyed the character's portrayal in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (that show did a great job with reinventing Ant-Man and the Wasp in particular), and while he's considerably different from most incarnations in that show (in EMH, he's a pacifist who wants to rehabilitate superheroes), I still feel like there's a lot that could be done with the character. As shown in the Ant-Man movies, in addition to being able to shrink himself and communicate with ants, he can shrink or grow basically anything, giving him basically any tool or weapon imaginable as part of his moveset. (I figure I'd draw from his "Dr. Pym, Scientific Adventurer" phase when it comes to his moveset, at least partially, though given the sheer amount of identities that he's gone through over the years, there are a lot of possible options)

Uniquely for this job, he's something of a walking legacy generator...

...with several people taking on his numerous identities:
  • Ant-Man: Scott Lang, Eric O'Grady
  • Giant Man: Bill Foster, Raz Malhotra
  • Goliath: Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Bill Foster, Erik Josten/Atlas, Tom Foster
  • Yellowjacket: Rita DeMara, Darren Cross
What qualifies him for this round is the period after the Secret Invasion, where in order to honour his believed-to-be-dead ex-wife, he took on the name "the Wasp". (Hank has issues, to put it mildly) This was arguably one of his more successful periods, as he led his own team of Avengers, was declared the Scientist Supreme for pushing science to the point of near-magic for its own sake (allegedly - Loki claims that he was disguised as Eternity and messing with Hank, but Loki's also a notorious liar), and humiliated Norman Osborn (who had gained tremendous amount of power and respect at the time) at every turn.

I might edit in a moveset concept as the day goes on; we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I was REALLY excited for this job, so I managed a lot of different characters, all of the characters listed in the above explanation where my main concepts but one of them interesed me the most.

IRON FIST
1664124472510.png
The Iron Fist, the greatest source of Chi in the planet, a power that can be achieved defeating the Inmortal Dragon Shou-Lao, they can gather theirchi and focusing it into their hand making their fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a superhuman scale. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy allowing them to do things like shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch their opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to themselves.

The mantle of the Iron Fist was took by multiple persons over the ages, The first person who defeated Shou-Lao was Fan-Fei who even was part of the Avenger of the 1,000,000 BC, another very important person was Orson Randall who was the protagonist of one of Iron Fist's most acclaimed storylines, The Inmortal Iron Fist, and probably the most well knowed person to took the mantle, Danny Rand, he is the one who usually represents the name of the Iron Fist in media such as animated series, videogames like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or even the one who protagonized the Netflix series of the same hero, but recently a new character took the name of the Iron Fist, a person that I consider very interesing.

LIN LIE THE NEW IRON FIST
After receiving an ancient divine sword from his archaeologist father, Lin Lie, the last living descendant of the mythological chinese hero Fu Xi, took up the family duty of ensuring that Chiyou, The God of War, remains sealed away becoming Sword Master. During his time as Sword Master he joined to the Agent of Atlas (a team composed for Asian heroes), gaining a particular friendship with Shang Chi (yeah the same guy who recently get a movie) and participated in various events like the War of the Realms and King in Black.

But during a battle with a malevolent Kumiho, Lin's sacred blade was destroyed. The jagged shards of the sword embedded themselves into the flesh of his arms as he plummeted to his demise, but in a sudden act of divine intervention, the Inmortal Dragon Shao-Lao saved him from his certain death and gived him the power of the Iron Fist, now being in a quest to retrieve the remaining pieces of his old sword before they fall into demonic hands.

Now, talking about his potential, I was considering make a moveset for a better explanation but I sadly don't count with the time, I could probably do the write-up after even if the winner was declared before because I just think the guy is too badass. Has noted above the main power of the Iron Fist is the Chi Gathering and the ability to use it for enhance his martial arts, notoriously the famous Iron Fist Punch. But Lin also has some of his previous powers as Sword Master due his lineage, since the sword is now embedded in his flesh he can summon the shards to use their mystical energy in his fists, basically like a magical Wolverine but with a blade instead of claws, giving him some additional dextery and flexibility in his attacks. Maybe this could be see quite troublesome in the (obvious) case that we want to add a premiere costume in the form a previous owner of the power of Shao-Lao (cof cof Danny and Orson even if him uses firearms too) but I think it could be easily ignored with a change in the visual effects since at least in the moveset I have in mind even if of course I want to made use of this ability of him I want to manage it more as an extention of his regular kung-fu moves than other thing.

D

Deleted member

Img_0024_luke_cage_mout.obj.png

Luke Cage
While he doesn't go by this mantle as much anymore. Luke Cage was known for a long time as "Power Man!" But Luke was not the first person to take that mantle, nor the last. He fought the first person to use that name, Erik Josten, for the right to use it.

Luke is a popular character who I think would be cool to have. He could have a really fun movrset, obviously using his super stengh. His personalty would lead to some interesting interactions.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)

1664136675326.png

You know her. You love her. She's been written about several times when considering this job. Kate Bishop is the Other Hawkeye, notable for many things including the incredible Matt Fraction Hawkeye comics run and the recent TV show. She's hilarious, she has cool bow-and-arrow powers, and she's popular. She has no superpowers but she has athletic prowess and killer archery skills. She can also play the cello! She took the name Hawkeye to pay tribute to Clint and the two have actually teamed up a bunch by this point. She's neat!

1664136933383.png

(Also, hi! Neat thread! I've been lurking!)

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I wasn't able to vote in the previous one but it's cool that power girl winned since it wasn't ray palmer the one included (I honestly remind he was part of one JS team but I can't confirm it).

Either way for today my nomination is Elektra, who is actually Daredevil.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 171: Legacy Marvel Character
THE WINTER SOLDIER
Alias: Bucky Barnes
First Appearance: Captain America Comics #1 (March, 1941)

I considered multiple different characters for this category that I came close to nominating; Hawkeye (Clint Barton), who was my first choice, but was also a character I figured would be nominated by other people anyway, hence I held off on him; X-23, a character that I felt personally would fit in well among our X-Men roster and one I had a moveset idea for, though I ultimately decided that she wouldn't really gain traction, especially given the number of other X-Men characters missing in her stead. My next pick, however, felt very right for this one, and is a huge name in Marvel that I don't think has even been nominated as his own character yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

James Buchanan Barnes, aka The Winter Soldier, Hydra's greatest assassin, and Steve Roger's closest friend. Originally fighting Hydra in WWII as a sidekick to Captain America, Bucky Barnes would lose his life in a fight with Baron Zemo, and simply just faded into the past as a distant memory. Or at least until the year 2005, in which a mysterious assassin began making an appearance in the Marvel universe; after attracting the attention of Captain America, they became enemies until the latter learned the horrible truth that this brainwashed bloodthirsty assassin was none other than Bucky Barnes himself! Using the cosmic cube as a means to restore his memories, Bucky eventually overcame his dark history and rejoined Steve as a vital ally in the modern day; so much so that, upon the death of Steve Rogers, the mantle of Captain America was then fulfilled by Bucky Barnes himself, for several years in fact, before ultimately reverting to the Winter Soldier again.

Having been trained to be the ultimate killing machine, both as an Ally during World War II and as a weapon by Hydra, Bucky is over-prepared for the harsh combat that Infinity Crisis paves ahead for him. He is proficient in light and heavy firearms, hand-to-hand combat and martial arts, stealth espionage and explosives; Simply place any gun in his hand and he's the most dangerous man in the room. But of course, Bucky's most iconic and reliable weapon is his bionic arm- forged of a unique metal alloy, it helps give Bucky the edge in any physical battle, with insane strength and reflexed, and a slew of hidden weapons and functions for Bucky to use on the fly, including a flamethrower, retractable blade, E.M.P. and electrical charges, and the arm itself is an extremely reliable defensive tool, tough enough to break knives on impact; In fact, Marvel vs. Capcom directly adapts this feature into their Winter Soldier moveset!
Case in point, Bucky has the arsenal and skills he needs for a moveset that would set him on par with the rest of roster

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Iconic and fan-favorite legacy character
  • Plenty of current relevance due to the MCU
  • Adds more Anti-Hero representation
  • Easy potential for firearm based moveset, of which there is surprisingly few in the roster

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are our nominees for the Marvel legacy round, wrapping up the season 1 DLC roster!

marvel legacy dlc.png

-Hawkeye (Clint Barton) ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Ant-Man (Hank Pym) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Iron Fist (Lin Lie) ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Falcon (Sam Wilson) ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Luke Cage (a.k.a. Power Man) (@Darkonedagger)
-Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) ( Flyboy Flyboy )
-Elektra (a.k.a. Daredevil) ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-The Winter Soldier ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

As usual, vote for your top three, and you can't put your own nomination in first.

1. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
2. The Falcon
3. Ant-Man

---

Job 172: nominate a DC boss for the Boss Challenge mode

Since the scope's more limited this time (and since we'll only be adding one boss from this), we'll only go with one boss nomination per user - they can be completely original in terms of moveset (like the Beyonder and Angstrom Levy were), or a powered-up version of a player character. Beating these bosses will unlock rewards, so it would be helpful to include what players can win for beating the boss the first time.

I'm going to go with a different character from last time, though I'll need time to think about who to pick.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
First up for the votes

1. Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
2. Winter Soldier
3. Elektra

Hawkeye is my top vote, since I personally feel he demands a spot in the roster somewhere, especially as a rival to Green Arrow. I feel personally fond about my pick for the Winter Soldier, so he was my second, and Elektra was my final vote because I spun a randomly generated wheel of names with the remaining candidates and she won.

Job 172: DC Boss
BRAINIAC
I've decided to repurpose a character I had originally planned to nominate as a playable character: Brainiac. A major Superman villain, one that I'd honestly say is second only to Lex Luthor; He's also just generally a major DC Villain as a whole, being a go-to character for Justice League level threats, and given the story of the Multiverse now colliding, it would make sense to me that Brainiac would want to collect cities and heroes from the Marvel and Guest universes.

He isn't the only villain I considered, mind you. I also opted for The Anti-Moniter, a Multiverse DC villain who was the main antagonist of Crisis on Infinite Earths; General Zod was a villain I considered as well, but I was expecting Cyborg Superman to be renominated and those two villains definitely overlap. Trigon should definitely be reconsidered, and I was thinking Metron would make an excellent DC equivalent to the Beyonder.

I won't be nominating a moveset for Brainiac quite yet; If I end up making the decision to do a Brainiac moveset later today, it will likely be in it's own post.

D

Deleted member

DC Boss:
Amazo_004.jpg

Amazo
An android created by professor Ivo to fight the Justice League. Amazo can copy superheroes abilities. He'd have moves based on various members of the Justice League, especially the founders. This would give him a crazy moveset full of heat vision, flight, super speed, transforming, and more. It wpuld be fun to have the Marvel characters compare him to their own killer androids.

Defating him unlocks a skin for Batman based on the Amazo Virus storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

DC boss nomination: The Anti-Monitor

I was originally planning to nominate him as DLC, figuring that he wouldn't really work in the base game's story (his goal is to destroy all positive matter universes - as soon as he shows up, the conflict becomes about stopping him, so he'd overshadow whatever Thanoseid, Lex Luthor, Doctor Doom, etc. have planned). However, he could work just as well as a boss-only character; that would give more freedom to make him as cheap as possible.

He can be roughly human-sized:

...though he's more commonly depicted as being ridiculously massive - maybe that could work as a level 3 special, or maybe he could be massive all the time. (I won't decide on his moveset yet)

As the main villain of Crisis On Infinite Earths, I figure he should be in this game in some form, and while it's so tempting to try and get him in as a playable character, if he winds up being a boss instead, I can live with that.

Reward: True Form Darkseid costume

---

Also, I'm going to post some character interactions for Squirrel Girl, at least.

Squirrel Girl vs. Iron Man:

Squirrel Girl: So can I still be your sidekick?
Iron Man: Are you kidding me? Do you know how much that suit that you took cost?
Squirrel Girl: Hey, I needed that to fight Galactus on the moon!

Squirrel Girl vs. Doctor Doom:

Doom: Who dares to... Oh, it's you.
Squirrel Girl: When you tried to hypnotize every person on the world, you forgot about the squirrels!
Doom: ...I suppose discussing this in a civilized manner is off the table.

Squirrel Girl vs. Thanos:

Squirrel Girl: Me an' Tippy Toe kicked your butt before, and we'll do it again!
Thanos: That was merely a simulacrum.
Squirrel Girl: That's not what the Watcher said!

Victory Quotes:
Squirrel Girl:

Generic 1: And that's why they call me Unbeatable!
Generic 2: Squirrel power!
vs. Iron Man: Maybe I'll let you be my sidekick!
vs. Doctor Doom: Science and magic can't beat the bonds of friendship that I have with squirrels!
vs. Thanos: Wow, Tippy Toe! I can't believe we beat Thanos twice!

Iron Man:
vs. Squirrel Girl: Sometimes, I'm not sure how much of what you say is made up.

Doctor Doom:
vs. Squirrel Girl: It appears as though my anti-squirrel defenses worked as planned.

Thanos:
vs. Squirrel Girl: For your interference, I will annihilate the Great Lakes Avengers next.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think I will just resubmitt Godspeed this time.
GODSPEED
A powered up version of Flash, apart of the difficult AI it's also absurdly fast and his strong attacks inflicts a small stun effect making him very annoying to fight against, fortunaly his health pool isn't big and it's actually even smaller than other playable characters.​
Reward: Godspeed Premiere Costume for Flash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This was a close one, and I needed to double check the votes a few times; there were about four or five characters who could have won this. (unlike some rounds, where there's a clear favourite from the beginning)

-Elektra: 2
-Iron Fist: 4
-Luke Cage: 6
-Falcon: 8
-Hawkeye: 10
-Winter Soldier: 11
-Ant-Man: 12
-Hawkeye: 13

This means that the winner of this round, and the final DLC character of season 1, is Hawkeye!

...You know, the one who uses a bow and arrow and wears a lot of purple. Manages to be a huge help to their team despite having no powers and being armed with a weapon that's hundreds of years out-of-date? Don't know how much clearer I can get here.

Jokes aside, season one will be ended off with Kate Bishop!

Hawkeye 5.png

I'm pretty happy with how season 1 turned out; many of these characters could likely have made it into the base game if we had room for a few more characters.

season 1 dlc.png

-Black Adam
-Gambit
-Mister Miracle
-Squirrel Girl
-Power Girl
-Hawkeye
-Scott Pilgrim
-Invincible
What are your thoughts on this line-up?

---

Here are the bosses that were nominated:

-Brainiac
-Amazo
-the Anti-Monitor
-Godspeed

Vote for your top two (first place gets two points, while second place gets 1), and you can put your own in first if you want.

1. Amazo
2. Godspeed

Job 173: nominate arcade mode rivals for Power Girl and Hawkeye

I feel like this job's going to be pretty straightforward (I feel like they've both got pretty obvious choices for rivals, though I could be wrong), so I'll include a second one today.

Job 174: nominate a DLC costume pack

Much like last time, we're going to nominate four costumes per pack; it helps if they have a theme, even if that theme is something like "premiere costumes". (if you felt like a bunch were left out for the base roster)

Apocalypse Now!

(costumes that have to do with Apocalypse, the Marvel character, or Apokolips, the DC planet)

God of Apokolips Lex Luthor
(regular costume)

Age of Apocalypse Magneto
(regular costume)

Final Crisis Darkseid
(regular costume)

Horseman of War Hulk
(regular costume)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While I was expecting more The Winter Soldier or Ant-Man, Kate Bishop feels like the right choice, congrats to her!

This first season was very nice, my favorites were Black Adam, Gambit and Scott Pilgrim but all the characters are very good. Sadly I dont have the time at the moment to submit a skin pack, but I have the time to do votations:
  1. Anti-Monitor
  2. Godspeed
Shout-out to Amazo and Brainiac tho, I think they could actually be very good playable characters even.

Top Bottom