• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Swamp Thing
2. Crazy Jane
3. Dogwelder
Cyborg, Power Girl, and Gorilla Grodd would be who I’d pick amongst the “normal” DC cast, in addition to these, but I want somewhat strange stuff.

Speaking of…
View attachment 356007
Howard the Duck counts. So I’ll put him on. He’s a talking duck from a world of talking ducks, who got trapped on the Marvel Earth. His comics are fairly satirical and comedic, as you might expect, and Howard seems to pick up whatever can be useful, ranging from swords to Iron Man armor, to mech suits, to the Eye of Agamotto, and more. He also is a master of Quack-Fu! He certainly stands out in Marvel history, and I would say he’s both famous and infamous for several reasons. I mean, he was the first Marvel character to get a feature film, for better or worse.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Cyborg
  2. Power Girl
  3. Zod
Shout out to Black Adam tho.

I dont have time to do a big write up but for the moment I will just leave the placeholders:

Marvel Wildcard: Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Premiere Costumes

• Flash: Wally West and Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne)
  • Captain America: Peggy Carter and US Agent
  • Thor: Beta Ray Bill

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Gwenpool

Gwen Poole was a normal high school drop-out from a world very much like ours, before she found herself in the Marvel Comics universe for reasons that are unclear. (it started out as some kind of science experiment that was intentionally left vague, and has been retconned a few times since then) Not wanting to be stuck as a nameless, unimportant civilian, Gwen quickly establishes herself as a mercenary (using training from Batroc the Leaper and what she could find on online video sites to get skill with swords and guns). Eventually, she discovers that her medium awareness can extend to interacting with the comic page, seeing the flashbacks of others and retconning details on the spot, and transporting between panels.

Thanks to being aware that she's in a comic, she'd able to do things like trapping the Punisher in an infinite loop of bees...

...along with using her knowledge of the Marvel comics and movies to know things that she normally shouldn't, like minor plot points from Miles Morales's earlier comics or the secret identities of characters.

She can also utilize the comic book medium, like the space between panels, to outright break physics, time, and space:

...though this wouldn't be as effective in a game setting, since it has its own rules. (and, presumably, Gwen wouldn't have the patience to study coding) As she's aware that she's in a work of fiction, she tends to be reckless and violent - while she doesn't have Deadpool's healing factor, she abuses her plot armour (as the main character of a book, or at least part of a team) for all it's worth.

More importantly, she's aware of Marvel and DC comics (along with indie material) and a big fan of all of them (with some exceptions; Deadpool is too memey for her tastes), so she'd be one of the few/only character who's aware of the significance of this crossover and of the characters from the other universe. For most of the heroes and villains, it would be just another universe-hopping trip, whereas for her, it would be a big deal, and she'd be getting really excited about meeting various DC characters, like Superman, Batman, or Black Canary. (especially Black Canary)

In addition to a bunch of guns, swords, and explosives, she could also use medium awareness like weaponized sound effects or thought bubbles, or having a level 3 super that could force characters (through a cinematic) into other game genres entirely.

Maybe some people would be annoyed by the overly meta nature of her character, but I'd think it would be a blast to have her interact with characters from the Marvel and DC universes.

---

Costumes:

Captain America:

Captain Carter

Physically, she seems like she has a similar build to Steve, and she has the same fighting style. Her level 3 super could be the same as Steve's, or it could feature Black Widow if she doesn't wind up being playable.

Capwolf

He fights the same as Captain America, even including his level 3. The only difference is that all of his voice lines are replaced with snarls and growls, even his dramatic speech for his unique action.

The Hulk:

The Abomination

He already plays identically to the Hulk in games like Ultimate Destruction, so he'd play the same as the Hulk here. His level 3 super wouldn't change.

Red Hulk

Likewise, his level 3 super wouldn't change, though he'd have some different voice lines like "Stop firing at me, you idiots!", directed at the military.

The Flash:

Reverse Flash

The Eobard Thawne version. He's like the Flash, but in reverse! (his level 3 super would be identical to the Flash's)

Jay Garrick

The Golden Age Flash. Again, no changes to the level 3 super.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was planning to save Thor and Green Lantern's premiere costumes for later (I wasn't sure if doing that for six characters at a time was excessive, and I figure Green Lantern's nominations are going to be pretty busy), but we can nominate those now if people want to.

On that note, I feel like I should mention that people can mix and match from other nominations if they want to. I already did this to some degree (Infinity Sorcerer nominated Reverse Flash and Wally West for the Flash's costumes, while I nominated Reverse Flash and Jay Garrick), but let's say for example...

• I nominated Captain Carter and Capwolf for Captain America's costumes
  • Darkonedagger nominated Sam Wilson and USAgent for Captain America's costumes
  • Another user could nominate any combination of those that hasn't already been covered for Captain America's costumes, like they could nominate Captain Carter and Sam Wilson
  • Alternatively, they could nominate one of those characters individually, like how Infinity Sorcerer just nominated USAgent while Darkonedagger nominated USAgent and Sam Wilson

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was planning to save Thor and Green Lantern's premiere costumes for later (I wasn't sure if doing that for six characters at a time was excessive, and I figure Green Lantern's nominations are going to be pretty busy), but we can nominate those now if people want to.

On that note, I feel like I should mention that people can mix and match from other nominations if they want to. I already did this to some degree (Infinity Sorcerer nominated Reverse Flash and Wally West for the Flash's costumes, while I nominated Reverse Flash and Jay Garrick), but let's say for example...

• I nominated Captain Carter and Capwolf for Captain America's costumes
  • Darkonedagger nominated Sam Wilson and USAgent for Captain America's costumes
  • Another user could nominate any combination of those that hasn't already been covered for Captain America's costumes, like they could nominate Captain Carter and Sam Wilson
  • Alternatively, they could nominate one of those characters individually, like how Infinity Sorcerer just nominated USAgent while Darkonedagger nominated USAgent and Sam Wilson
I decided to change my nominativos to US Agent and Peggy and add Beta Ray Bill has a Premiere costume for Thor, I'm at school so I cant explain myself more but when I go back home I will give all the information.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to change my nominativos to US Agent and Peggy and add Beta Ray Bill has a Premiere costume for Thor, I'm at school so I cant explain myself more but when I go back home I will give all the information.
Sounds good! (though we're saving Thor for later; for Marvel costumes, it's Cap and the Hulk today - no rush to change it, though, especially if you're busy with school)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Scarlet Witch ending:
Wanda Maximoff helped defeat Thanosied, but seeing pepole like Green Arrow and Black Canary and Superman and Lois together makes her miss her own family. During her sleep she is met with Daniel Hall, the current Dream of the Endless, who offers her a dream world where she can live out her perfect fantasy with her family. Her sons, Vision, even Magneto and her siblings. But she turns him down, she's seen the damage these fantises can do. She'll bring her family together, but she'll do it for real this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Since I submitted a founding member of the JL in the previous character job, I might as well do the same with an Avenger. My nomination for the Marvel wildcard is Janet Van Dyne AKA Wasp. Might make a slightly lengthier post later.
View attachment 359538
Janet van Dyne was a rich fashion designer whose father was a scientist and an associate of Hank Pym AKA Ant-Man. After a lab accident killed her father, she turned to Hank for help, and became his crimefighting partner, THE WASP, a superheroine with the ability to shrink, fly, and shoot energy beams. She also fell in love with and eventually married Hank, but the less said about those two's relationship, the better.

They were both, however, founding members of the original Avengers team along with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk, and Janet herself even gave the team their name, but unfortunately the two did not show up in the MCU iteration of the team. Despite this, Janet was one of the very first female superheroes and is thus a very important to comic book history. She would also have a unique set of powers that could make for an interesting fighting game moveset.

Similarly to Cyborg my knowledge about Janet is limited to the Avengers EMH version (and also what I read on Wikipedia), but that is arguably the most well known, popular, and relevant version of the character today. I think she would make for a great addition to the roster.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Janet van Dyne was a rich fashion designer whose father was a scientist and an associate of Hank Pym AKA Ant-Man. After a lab accident killed her father, she turned to Hank for help, and became his crimefighting partner, THE WASP, a superheroine with the ability to shrink, fly, and shoot energy beams. She also fell in love with and eventually married Hank, but the less said about those two's relationship, the better.

They were both, however, founding members of the original Avengers team along with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk, and Janet herself even gave the team their name, but unfortunately the two did not show up in the MCU iteration of the team. Despite this, Janet was one of the very first female superheroes and is thus a very important to comic book history. She would also have a unique set of powers that could make for an interesting fighting game moveset.

Similarly to Cyborg my knowledge about Janet is limited to the Avengers EMH version (and also what I read on Wikipedia), but that is arguably the most well known, popular, and relevant version of the character today. I think she would make for a great addition to the roster.
The Avengers: EMH version of the character is great - the show did a great job with both her and Hank. (and the whole cast, even if the Vision and Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers didn't get as much focus due to the changes that were made in the second half of season 2) I really hope that show gets a season 3/revival like what the 90's X-Men show is getting - the people behind it have no shortage of ideas.

It's also worth noting that she's been a leader of the Avengers quite often in the comics - her tenure as chairperson is second only to Captain America. She's as much the heart and soul of the team as Martian Manhunter is for the Justice League.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I'm finally at home, is time to do the write ups!
ANT-MAN (SCOTT LANG)
1661476538301.png
While not the most popular Ant-Man (being that place for Hank Pym the original one thought we can't discard the possibility of have Hank has a premiere costume wink wink) I consider Ant-Man being a very cool character and considering that it was Scott the one used for the MCU and that probably a lot of people would be interesed in the game based on what they see in the MCU movies it would make sense.

Gameplay wise his ability to become smaller or bigger is just too cool to left behind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premier Costumes:

Captain America:

Captain Carter
I don't see difficults in using her having near the same fighting style and built. Instead of Sam/Bucky she will be helped by Black Widow (or if she became playable in the future, Steve himself).
US Agent
This is more than an obligation, very similar to Peggy his Level 3 would only change in terms of the character appearing to help him, being the options two of his companions of The Thunderbolts, Taskmaster and Crossbones.

The Flash:
1661476400571.png
Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne)
The most popular and well knowed evil Flash, I think the Level 3 could mantain being the same thought of course with red lightning and evilish speak.
Wally West
Wally West was the replacement of Barry Allen after the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths, he even replaced Barry in many multimedia projects like the animated series and is the current Flash. Like Eobard his Level 3 could be the same even if put him in the Mobius Chair is very tempting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changed my costumes. Was real hard because Cap has a lot of cool options. I figured Peg and Sam worked best for our Cap moveset. Sam would likely keep Bucky. But in the event Bucky becomes playable he could be replaced by Joaquín Torres

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I personally don't think Sam Wilson should be a Steve Rogers costume, his wings give him plenty of room to distinguish himself from Steve (especially because the two Spider-Men are their own characters despite being even more simmilar to eachother moveset wise).

I'm gonna resubmit The Maker
The Ultimate universe was one of the most interesting chapters of Marvel history. An attempt to have a clean-continuity for new readers, it was a series with high highs (Ultimate Spider Man) and low lows (Ultimatum). However, after the events of Secret Wars 2015, the universe was destroyed, with only Miles Morales and his supporting cast making it to 616... with one exception. Ultimate Reed Richards started very similar to his original variant, a super-genius that acquired stretching powers due to an experiment gone wrong. However, Earth 1610 was far less kind to Mister Fantastic, who even in 616 has moments of cold-heartedness: at least the prime Reed had a family. By the time he wound up on Battleworld, Ultimate Mister Fantastic was no more: only The Maker remained.
Fantastic Four: How Ultimate Reed Richards Turned Into the Maker |  LaptrinhX / News

The Maker is easily one of the most iconic Marvel villains created this decade, with only Gorr, Knull, and The Prowler serving as competition for the top spot. He serves as a facinating example of the infinite potential of the Multiverse, and reminds superheroes that none of them are immune to being pulled into darkness. In this game he would obviously have the classic Reed Richards stretching powers, along with high tech inventions and potentially some symbiote material (after coming to 616 he's mostly fought Venom of all characters)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
So many great submissions overall.

Since I submitted a founding member of the JL in the previous character job, I might as well do the same with an Avenger. My nomination for the Marvel wildcard is Janet Van Dyne AKA Wasp. Might make a slightly lengthier post later.
View attachment 359538
Nice pick! I always hated how the Wasp fell into relative obscurity after the MCU started. Say, wanna put down a 1st place vote for another founding Avenger tomorrow? Wink wink.

The Avengers: EMH version of the character is great - the show did a great job with both her and Hank. (and the whole cast, even if the Vision and Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers didn't get as much focus due to the changes that were made in the second half of season 2) I really hope that show gets a season 3/revival like what the 90's X-Men show is getting - the people behind it have no shortage of ideas.

It's also worth noting that she's been a leader of the Avengers quite often in the comics - her tenure as chairperson is second only to Captain America. She's as much the heart and soul of the team as Martian Manhunter is for the Justice League.
Agree on that. EMH is probably one of the best written Wasps out there, and it was a show I watched a lot while growing up. Wish it got renewed instead of Avengers Assemble taking its place, that show was terrible.
I'd also consider her more important to the (Pre-MCU) Avengers than MM is to the Justice League. I've always felt like the JLA would be just as strong dynamically without him, whereas Janet was a major glue that held the Avengers together time and time again.

1. Cyborg
  2. Power Girl
  3. Swamp Thing
Gwenpool was already submited so uuuuuuuuuh

I will submit Hit Monkey
View attachment 359557
A nice choice that I never thought about before hand but would fit right into this roster.

Alright I'm finally at home, is time to do the write ups!

ANT-MAN (SCOTT LANG)
View attachment 359564
While not the most popular Ant-Man (being that place for Hank Pym the original one thought we can't discard the possibility of have Hank has a premiere costume wink wink) I consider Ant-Man being a very cool character and considering that it was Scott the one used for the MCU and that probably a lot of people would be interesed in the game based on what they see in the MCU movies it would make sense.

Gameplay wise his ability to become smaller or bigger is just too cool to left behind.
Ant-Man is a character I'm pretty huge one and I definitely would have advocated for him in the base roster, if it weren't already filled up. I had about 3 or 4 other Marvel characters I thought about submitting for this final character and Ant-Man was always one of the top choices in my head.

Speaking of which, my next post is going to be pretty lengthy, so I split it off from this. Prepare for a doozy

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This post ended up not being as lengthy as expected. But hey, better safe than sorry.

Job 111: Premiere Costumes Group 2

A lot of my nominations ended up being nominated before I could get to do it. In fact, all of them have except for 1. For completionist's sake, I'll still be listing the already nominated choices. The 2x4 table worked out very well for normal costumes so I'll be reusing it here; I'm going in the order of Flash, Captain America, Aquaman and Hulk.

Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne)

Duh.
Wally West [Rebirth design]

Originally, I was going to have Jay Garrick as a submission, ala Injustice 2. But then I thought about it, and thought about Wally specifically. Because, my god, Wally is infinitely more important of a character to modern Flash mythos than Garrick is- hell, he was the Flash! Not just for a single comic run, but for 23 years; A character so popular and heavily remarked to be the true Flash to many fans, so much so that his return was the highlight of DC's Rebirth event, which is what this design is based on. Sorry Garrick, but this spot has got to go to Wally.
U.S. Agent (John Walker)

This one just seems obvious, especially after John blew up in popularity after his MCU debut.
Captain Carter

This one's a bit of a stretch as she is very recent and not as integrated into the main Marvel Universe as John has, and in fact, I originally didn't have her as a submission until I saw other people nominating her, and it hit me.

She's become surprisingly popular as an MCU character, from both her appearances in What If and Multiverse of Madness, and I think the Premiere Costumes should definitely lean into the Multiverse aspect more, which is entirely why I'm nominating her.
Ocean Master

Aquaman's half brother and Arch-nemesis (Manta not withstanding), Orm Marius is a perfect fit. Honestly, I'm surprised this wasn't done in Injustice 1 or 2, as it seemed natural; Their powers are similar, they're already blood related, and he's a major character and villain that would likely not be represented otherwise.
Red Hulk

This one seems pretty obvious; He is literally Hulk but red. He's also a major Hulk villain, given that he is, uh, General Ross himself.
Abomination

This follows well along the lines of Red Hulk. Another major and popular Hulk villain that shares similar powers, though honestly he'd come second to Red Hulk... but we have room for two, so here he is!

And now, for the most important part of this post.

Job 112: Wildcard Marvel Character
HAWKEYE
Alias: Clint Barton
First Appearance: Tales of Suspense #57 (September, 1964)
Founding Avenger, an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the greatest shot on planet Earth; It's Marvel's premiere smack-talking, smart-aleck, short-fused, playboy, circus-reject, purple-clad vigilante and star archer; Clint Barton. A.K.A Hawkeye. A.K.A. Ronin. A.K.A. the Golden Archer. A.K- well actually, enough of that. But, hey, that is an impressive rap sheet for an Avenger with no powers, unless you count excellent hand-eye coordination.

Hawkeye is armed to the teeth with arrows prepped for any sort of occasion; Acid arrows, Explosive arrows, Freezing arrows, Vibranium arrows, Pym Particle arrows, the other Pym Particle arrows, and a Grappling Cable arrow used for travel. He's proficient in hand to hand combat and swordplay after he adapted the identity of Ronin, and is definitely one of the Avenger's most nimble members of the team, size shifters not withstanding. Moveset potential is definitely not an issue, especially given his playable appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Reasons for Inclusion:
He's a founding and core member of the Avengers, one of Marvel's most popular characters, a very identifiable moveset to implement, and... okay, well, I may as well drop the facade. There's plenty of reasons I want to support Hawkeye, but the biggest one by far is...

I mean, c'mon. This is a Marvel vs. DC project. How can we not have one of the most popular comic book rivalries between both companies included in the base game?

Bonus: Crime Syndicate Interactions
In celebration of the Earth-3 Trinity all making it into the game as Premiere Costumes (as well as, all of my nominations from that round), I'll be throwing in these interactions for them!

Ultraman vs. Superman
Ultraman: "You and your 'Justice League' just have to keep standing in our way, don't you?"
Superman: "Peacefully surrender and perhaps we'll give it a break."
Ultraman: "Not a chance."

Ultraman: "Even on other Earths, you just can't seem to stop getting in our way."
Superman: "Protecting innocents isn't limited to just my Earth."
Ultraman: "How about I put an end to your protection, permanently?"

Ultraman: "What does the S stand for? Sh*thead?"
Superman: "It stands for hope."
Ultraman: "Good, more of that to crush."

Ultraman: "Who the hell are you? Some Ultraman knockoff?"
Superman: "I take it you're not from around here."
Ultraman: "Where I'm from, nobody mocks my name and lives!"

Superman vs. Ultraman
Superman: "Having limitless power doesn't give you the right to take people's freedom."
Ultraman: "I'm taking what's rightfully man; A pity you don't have enough of a backbone to do the same."
Superman: "I guess there never was any reasoning with you."

Ultraman vs. Owlman
Ultraman: "I always knew you'd betray us eventually."
Owlman: "None of you are even close to my level of intellect."
Ultraman: "That means nothing in the face of true power: Mine."

Ultraman: "I always knew you'd betray us eventually."
Owlman: "You're all beneath me."
Ultraman: "You need a reminder of who's in charge around here."

Owlman vs. Iron Man
Owlman: "You're not the first egocentric billionaire I've met pretending to play hero."
Iron Man: "I take it I'm the best?"
Owlman: "I'll enjoy seizing what's left of your assets."

Doctor Strange vs. Owlman
Strange: "Tell me you're not from one of those 'everyone is evil' universes."
Owlman: "I'm curious. If I rip off all your fingers, would you still be able to perform magic?"
Strange: "Just my luck."

Batman vs. Owlman
Batman: "We're nothing alike, Owlman."
Owlman: "We both looked into the abyss,."
Batman: "But when it looked back, you blinked."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally don't think Sam Wilson should be a Steve Rogers costume, his wings give him plenty of room to distinguish himself from Steve (especially because the two Spider-Men are their own characters despite being even more simmilar to eachother moveset wise).

I'm gonna resubmit The Maker
Wr have Sabertooth. They had Vixen as a skin for Cheetah in Injustice 2. Sometimes a character having their own movesey potential doesn't matter so much. We also don't have any roster spots left.

But honestly this is a probably a fair point. I'll withdraw my costimss

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Constantine poll is tied, so for simplicity's sake, I'm going to choose the one that I didn't vote for. Loki will be Constantine's rival! (I voted for Strange because he's the type of magic-user that Constantine was made to contrast, with Constantine being (to quote Alan Moore) a "blue collar warlock")

Here are the results of DC's wildcard round:

Rorschach: 1
General Zod: 1
Arm-Fall-Off Boy: 2
Dogwelder: 2
Booster Gold: 3
Swamp Thing: 5
Gorilla Grodd: 5
Power Girl: 5
Crazy Jane: 5
Black Adam: 15
Cyborg: 22

dc wildcard winner.png

Our final DC character for the base roster will be Cyborg! Congratulations Jondolio Jondolio and thanks to PinkFlare PinkFlare for providing a moveset!

---

Now it's time to vote on the Marvel wildcard round!

marvel wildcard nominations.png

-Moon Knight (@Darkonedagger)
-Iceman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Namor ( tonygameman tonygameman )
-Hawkeye ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Howard the Duck ( AlRex AlRex )
-Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Gwenpool ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-The Punisher ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-The Wasp ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Hit-Monkey ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-The Maker ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

As always, vote for your top three, and your own nomination can't be in first.

1. The Wasp
2. Gwenpool
3. Namor

---

Here are the polls for the premiere costumes:

Job 113: nominate costumes for Nightwing and Cyclops

Nominate their default costumes, plus anywhere from 1 to 7 alternates.

Job 114: nominate rivalries for Zatanna and Ms. Marvel

Pick a character from the opposite company to be their rival in arcade mode.

(I have plans for both of today's jobs, but I'll save them for later)

---

It's hard to believe we're at the end of the base roster; I feel like we could have easily came up with a 100 character roster, with fifty people on each side, with little to no difficulty.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nightwing costumes:

1. Default

2. Red
A palette swap, pretty much - fairly straightforward

3. Original
Looks a little silly, but it's his first Nightwing outfit

4. DCAU
I figure I should reference at least one Robin costume.
5. Kandor
He'd be wearing the costume (the dark costume on the left) - it's a Superman outfit, but it's the name that Superman went by in Kandor, and Nightwing took on that name in tribute to him

6. 90's
Kind of a midpoint between his original outfit and his modern one.

7. Earth-2
Having him wear the full Batman get-up might make matches between him and Batman a little confusing, so this seems like a good compromise

8. Spyral
This was during a period where he was seemingly killed and had his identity exposed, so he worked as a spy.

Cyclops costumes:

1. Default

2. Phoenix Force

3. Revolutionary

4. Astonishing

5. Original

6. Graduate

7. X-Factor

8. Hellfire Gala
I found the Cyclops costumes here, aside from the Hellfire Gala one: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/cyclops/costume-gallery

Zatanna rival: this might seem obvious, but I'll go with Scarlet Witch - they're two of the biggest/best-known magic users of their respective universes

Ms. Marvel rival: I'll nominate Blue Beetle - they're two of the younger heroes on their respective sides (not sure if Kamala's older than Miles or not), and Kamala has experience with alien suits that have minds of their own

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
The Constantine poll is tied, so for simplicity's sake, I'm going to choose the one that I didn't vote for. Loki will be Constantine's rival! (I voted for Strange because he's the type of magic-user that Constantine was made to contrast, with Constantine being (to quote Alan Moore) a "blue collar warlock")

Here are the results of DC's wildcard round:

Rorschach: 1
General Zod: 1
Arm-Fall-Off Boy: 2
Dogwelder: 2
Booster Gold: 3
Swamp Thing: 5
Gorilla Grodd: 5
Power Girl: 5
Crazy Jane: 5
Black Adam: 15
Cyborg: 22

View attachment 359575

Our final DC character for the base roster will be Cyborg! Congratulations Jondolio Jondolio and thanks to PinkFlare PinkFlare for providing a moveset!

---

Now it's time to vote on the Marvel wildcard round!

View attachment 359577

-Moon Knight (@Darkonedagger)
-Iceman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Namor ( tonygameman tonygameman )
-Hawkeye ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Howard the Duck ( AlRex AlRex )
-Ant-Man (Scott Lang) ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Gwenpool ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-The Punisher ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-The Wasp ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Hit-Monkey ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-The Maker ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

As always, vote for your top three, and your own nomination can't be in first.

1. The Wasp
2. Gwenpool
3. Namor

---

Here are the polls for the premiere costumes:

Job 113: nominate costumes for Nightwing and Cyclops

Nominate their default costumes, plus anywhere from 1 to 7 alternates.

Job 114: nominate rivalries for Zatanna and Ms. Marvel

Pick a character from the opposite company to be their rival in arcade mode.

(I have plans for both of today's jobs, but I'll save them for later)

---

It's hard to believe we're at the end of the base roster; I feel like we could have easily came up with a 100 character roster, with fifty people on each side, with little to no difficulty.
First off: BOOYAH!
The entire founding Justice League is in, finally! Way to go.

Now, for the votes...

1. Hit-Monkey
- It's a very goofy choice and I'm here for that
2. Hawkeye
- Honestly I'll be surprised if he doesn't make it into the base game despite Green Arrow being here
3. The Wasp
- Definitely the most underrated Avenger and I'll be happy if she makes it in, but I put her down as #3 as I feel like other character, especially just on the Avengers, take priority.

1. Rebirth (Default)
2. 90's Suit

His most popular alternate suit
3. New 52

The red makes it very distinct, and red has been a popular look for him since.
4. Teen Titans

Given that he got in as a representative of the Teen Titans, I figure atleast
one costume inspired by the cartoon is a given.
5. Disco Suit

This is his first appearance as Nightwing, a precursor to his first main suit. A lot of
difference to the normal 90's suit that justifies it being its own.
6. Blue V

This was his default suit before New 52 and Rebirth and is very iconic, this one is also basically a given.
7. Robin

Having a Robin costume feels appropriate; It won't change his moveset or dialogue, just the suit.
As the first Robin, and one of the most iconic DC character and member of the Bat-family, this is just a shoe-in.
8. Spyral

Nightwing has had plenty of alternate identities, so having a costume here that references one of the most prominent should also be a given,

1. 90's Suit (Default)

We can all agree on this one as the default, it's his most iconic look.
2. Astonishing

Astonishing was a pretty iconic time for the X-Men. I felt like between this and his classic costume, both of which look similar, this was the one that looked better.
3. New Xavier School

This was promoted quite a bit when it was first introduced and is a very unique design for him. It's definitely going to be on all the lists.
4. Scott Summers

Ever since the movies, Scott in casual clothing has been a popular look for him outside of action sequences, and his red tinted sunglasses are very iconic for the character.
5. Ultimate

Ultimate universe in general is pretty big for Marvel and needs more representation in this costumes. It's also genuinely a great look.
6. First Class

From the first appearance of the entire X-Men team and franchise; It feels necessary to have one of the founding X-Men members wear the suit he founded the team with.
7. Age of Apocalypse

Major X-Men storyline that gave Scott a new design and the signature 90's comic book mullet. Must-have
8. X-Factor

Another suit likely to make a lot of lists, given that X-Factor was its own series that Scott was a part of.

Job 114: Rivals
Zatanna - Scarlet Witch. I know it seems obvious but... duh
Ms. Marvel - Plastic Man. They have very similar powers, so this is also one that just seems obvious

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nightwing_Vol_4_1_Textless_Variant.jpg

1845669-ntw_cv1.jpg

New 52

Orignal

90s

Grayson_Vol_1_1_Textless_Janin_Variant.jpg

Agent 37

2166947078_8c643ce7a5_z (1).jpg

Earth 2

Teen Titans

Grayson.png

Robin (Would be an aged up version of the costume)

Freeupdate_character_01.png

Defualt

Astonishing

Classic

Mutant Revolutionery

main-qimg-d0adac33c57302cd23e12730e9bebd35-lq.jpeg

Phoenix Force

clean.jpg

Ultimate

cyclops-bigcostume5.jpg

X Factor

First Class

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Victory Quotes

Magneto:

Generic 1: "Another triumph for mutantkind!"
Generic 2: "I control one of the four fundamental forces - you never stood a chance."
vs. The Flash: "You may be faster than my son... Not that it made a difference."
vs. Green Lantern: "A device that can do anything, and you waste it on this?"
vs. Lex Luthor: "Fighting me while covered in metal is suicidal idiocy."
vs. Zatanna: "A shame you are not homo superior - you would be welcome in the Brotherhood."
vs. Ra's al Ghul: "The perfect world will be brought about without mutant sacrifice."
vs. Martian Manhunter: "I have long since prepared myself for telepathic attack."
vs. Cyborg: "I will see if Elixir can do anything for you - this is no way for anyone to live."
vs. Darkseid: "Never again."
vs. Iron Man: "Your preparations mean nothing against the power of mutantkind!"
vs. Wolverine: "How many times must this happen before you learn your foolishness?"
vs. Captain America: "For your efforts in the war, I will not go further this day."
vs. Cyclops: "Charles has misled you. You have my pity."
vs. Storm: "It is unfortunate that we find ourselves at odds - working together, we could change the world with ease."
vs. Ghost Rider: "If you seek to judge anyone, start with the Friends of Humanity."
vs. Scarlet Witch: "You can be so much more, Wanda. There is no need to hold back."

Harley Quinn:

Generic 1: "Now, let's talk about yer childhood..."
Generic 2: "Harley: 1, losers: 0!"
Vs. Superman: "Looks like I just kicked yer big red S!"
Vs. Batman: "I can't wait to rub this in Mr. J's face!"
Vs. Wonder Woman: "Is this a bad time to say that I'm a huge fan?"
Vs. The Flash: "Yer the fastest man alive in more ways than one - you lose pretty quickly too!"
Vs. Aquaman: "Don't you got some dolphins to debate with or somethin'?"
Vs. The Joker: "How's that for a knock knock joke? Get it?"
Vs. Harley Quinn: "You got great style, but there's no beatin' the original!"
Vs. Nightwing: "Yeesh, birdbrain, maybe go after someone who's more on yer level, like Calendar Man!"
Vs. Zatanna: "Now talk! How did you know which card I had?"
Vs. Black Canary: "That was fun! Hey, have you ever tried roller derby?"
Vs. Catwoman: "You, me, an' Red should have a night out on the town!"
Vs. Starro: "Didn't I see you in Corto Maltese?"
Vs. Spider-Man: "Wow, you make me look like an amateur gymnast!"
Vs. the Hulk: "Ya know, I've got some tips on managin' that anger of yers!"
Vs. Thor: "Think yer layin' on the whole Shakespeare act a bit thick, Fabio!"
Vs. Doctor Strange: "Tell Hugo I said hi!"
Vs. Deadpool: "Who do you keep talkin' to? There's no one there!"
Vs. Ms. Marvel: "Kids shouldn't be in the super-heroing business - it doesn't end well."
Vs. Rocket and Groot: "Aww, you're so cute! I'll stuff you an' keep you with Bernie the Beaver!"
Vs. Thanos: "Take it from me, pal - she ain't that into you, and there's plenty of other fish in the sea."

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Deathstroke moveset

Unique Ability: Sniper Rifle - Deathstroke gets into a crouching position, pulling a sniper rifle off of his back. A targeting reticle appears on screen, and he can aim it as long as the button's held. Releasing it will cause him to fire, though he can be attacked to knock him out of the stance.

Precision Shot (quarter circle forward + attack) - Deathstroke pulls out a pistol and fires, with the heavy version being a headshot, the medium version aiming for the chest, and the light version aiming for the knees.

Stinger (back, forward, attack) - Deathstroke lunges forward, stabbing his sword at the opponent's chest. This is a totally original move and not inspired by any video game franchise involving demon slaying and wacky wahoo pizza men in particular.

Suppressive Fire (quarter circle back + attack) - Deathstroke pulls a submachine gun off of his belt, firing it in a quarter circle arc from the ground up to the opponent's chest.

Dramatic Flourish (down, up, attack) - Deathstroke leaps into the air, swinging his staff around vertically to bring it down hard once he lands.

Taught By Experience (down, down, attack) - a counter where, if the opponent hits him with a melee attack, Deathstroke deflects the blow and counters. If he's hit by a projectile, he steps to the side and dodges it. However, it has a very tight window of timing, and he's left vulnerable afterwards.

Level 1: An Eye for an Eye (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - a command grab where Deathstroke leaps forward to grab the opponent. If he connects, he stabs them with his sword, holding them into the air before kicking them off of the sword and sending them flying. (there's a moment in Arrow where he does something similar, though I was mainly inspired by the Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - fair warning that the cutscene in question is kind of gruesome/violent, but I wanted a visual for what i was going for, minus the blood since this would presumably be rated T)

Level 2: Identity Crisis (half circle forward + attack) - Slade pulls out a detonator, setting off a string of C4 that he had placed underground before the fight. (much like with any vehicles that characters bring into a match, it's best not to question it) This sets off a string of explosions that covers half of the screen horizontally, and a large amount of it vertically.

Level 3: The Judas Contract (press all buttons) - Deathstroke throws down a flashbang, and if the opponent's caught in the blast, a cinematic begins. Terra appears and, desperate for Deathstroke's approval, uses her power to drag the opponents into the ground. Deathstroke bluntly dismisses her before leaping into the fray, slashing and stabbing the opponent from all sides as he agilely moves around them while they're trapped. He leaps away from them, dropping a pin to the ground as we see that he placed some grenades during all of that swordplay. The grenades explode as he pulls out a phone, calling his employer to say "It's done." as the cinematic ends.

(to contrast with Deadpool's frantic nature, I tried to make Deathstroke more methodical/precise. I'm not sure if I gave him too many weapons, but I figure his sniper rifle and sword would be on his back, his staff is retractable so it can be stored easily when he's not using it, and his other guns would be on his belt, lower back, or in a holster)

Last edited:
Top Bottom