• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I actually thinked you changed of page since even the preview link is different lol. Maybe go to strawpoll?
Yeah, I used the same site (poll-maker.com), but for whatever reason, the links to the polls are different now.

Here are the new polls:

I'll edit them into the previous post.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I voted for both more because is true that we lack a more un expected character. Is probably the weight of ignore this class of character for that much, especially since this characters are rarely DLC since not too much personas would be so interesed on them for buy their pack

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm not sure about the best way to handle this - we could choose between one or the other, or we could go with both of them and have Starro fill DC's cosmic spot (I don't want to expand the total starting roster beyond 52). I'd prefer going with both (since both are definitely popular choices and fill very different niches)...
I placed a vote already but I want to verbally express that going for both is the best option. Starro taking DC's cosmic spot is perfectly fine; DC isn't as quite versed in it's cosmic library as Marvel is (atleast aside from the Lanterns and the New/Old Gods), so I don't think there was a lot of legroom within that category anyway (FYI my planned nominee was Brainiac). Plus, with how many excellent nominations there were this last round, I think having 2 in this category is warranted.
These villain rounds probably should've happened earlier, in all honesty, since it's such a huge catalogue of characters to pick from. Speaking of which...

Marvel Villain Vote
This is definitely a tough round. Every character selected is such a banger choice, I'd honestly rather nominate them all in the top spot. But, I have to make a selection.

1. Loki
2. Kang the Conqeuror
3. Dormammu

Loki is one of Marvel's most popular characters and has never been featured in a fighting game before. As cliche of a choice he is, this is still new and important ground as far as the roster is concerned.
Kang is such an inspired pick. I don't think there has been a time based character like him present in one of these games before, and as a villain he is easily one of my favorites among Marvel's catalogue.
Dormammu represents Marvel's magic side quite sufficiently (perhaps he could be renominated), is a central Marvel villain and already has popularity in Marvel vs. Capcom.

For the record, the runner ups for me would have been:
4. Zemo
5. The Maker (a really inspired choice.)
6. Ultron

I really hope to revisit these characters for DLC. Unfortunately I'll have to leave my thoughts on DLC for later today since I'm about to go to work

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Marvel Villains:
1. Loki
2. Taskmaster
3. Dormammu

Been a while, but gonna dump some Deadpool victory quotes, and another opening dialogue.

Victory Quotes:
vs. Hulk: "And THAT is how you beat the Hulk in a fight. ...Unless you mashed the buttons, which is NOT cool! Learn to actually play, scrublord!"
vs. Green Lantern: "So... how many arcade tickets did that ring cost? I play tons of Skee-Ball, but I can only ever get a lame-ass spider ring!"
vs. Dr. Doom: "Now, lets see that beautiful mug of yo-AAAAND the mask goes back on immediately. If you'll excuse me, I have to change my pants."
vs. Shazam: "Wait, where did the big guy go? All I see is some kid... Was today actually Bring Your Child to Work Day? Jeez, that guy must be a horrible dad..."
vs. Deadpool: "Boy, I sure hope this doesn't cause a time paradox... eh, Cable will just handle it if I actually did screw something up."

Match Opening Dialogue:
Deadpool vs. Deadpool

Deadpool 1: "Please tell me you're not another evil version of me that I have to kill..."
Deadpool 2: "Actually, I'm a member of the X-Men. ...Now, I know what you're thinki-"
Deadpool 1: "ZIP IT, LOSER! YOU'RE EVEN WORSE THAN AN EVIL VERSION OF ME!"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I placed a vote already but I want to verbally express that going for both is the best option. Starro taking DC's cosmic spot is perfectly fine; DC isn't as quite versed in it's cosmic library as Marvel is (atleast aside from the Lanterns and the New/Old Gods), so I don't think there was a lot of legroom within that category anyway (FYI my planned nominee was Brainiac). Plus, with how many excellent nominations there were this last round, I think having 2 in this category is warranted.
These villain rounds probably should've happened earlier, in all honesty, since it's such a huge catalogue of characters to pick from.
Yeah, I probably could have done one earlier; I guess my thinking with each round was:

-Avengers/Justice League - the two main super teams - might as well get them done early, since there are a lot of obvious picks here (I wound up adding three characters for both teams rather than the usual two, but I didn't figure anyone would argue against the inclusion of Green Lantern or Thor)

-villains - I did a villains round towards the start, but let's be honest, it basically boiled down to who was going to come in second to Doctor Doom and the Joker. (I'm surprised that Magneto got more points than Doom haha)

-DCEU/MCU picks - I feel like a lot of people are familiar with the characters from the movies, and there were still a few seemingly obvious picks from those that hadn't made it into the line-up, like Harley Quinn or Black Panther

-X-Men/Teen Titans - seemingly the second-most-prominent super teams for each company, and ones with really dedicated fanbases

-non-Injustice/MvC characters - by this point, every single character had been from Injustice or Marvel vs. Capcom, so I wanted to change things up

-women - at this point, we had a grand total of four women out of nearly thirty characters, with three of them being from DC (Wonder Woman, Raven, Harley Quinn), and the Marvel one (Ms. Marvel) just barely squeaking in due to a tie. I figured we needed a round focused on adding some, since it didn't seem to be happening as naturally as I had hoped. (nominations have focused on men pretty heavily - in the past six character rounds combined, three women have been nominated)

-Batman/Spider-Man characters - I originally intended to add one per side for this round, but I added the stipulation that if we got an above-average amount of nominations for the DC side, I'd add an extra character for the Batman cast. (I needed to do that at some point to make both sides even) Clearly, I didn't anticipate how much demand these latest rounds would get haha.

-Injustice/MvC characters - I figured there were plenty of characters from those games who either didn't qualify for previous rounds, almost made it in but were up against some really obvious picks, or were simply unlucky. (losing by a point or two, for example)

I probably could have trimmed one of the earlier rounds down, but hindsight is 20/20. (honestly, I feel like we could make a roster of 100 characters and still have tons of great ideas that wouldn't fit in due to us running out of space, but I figure the roster's already pretty big as it is)

I could bump the roster up to 54, add them both, and keep the cosmic round, but I've been bumping it up a few too many times for my liking. (we originally voted on a 48 character roster, only for me to bump it up to 50 when the non-MvC round got an unusually high amount of nominations and to bump it up again to 52 to add Thanos and Darkseid) We'll see how this round goes, I suppose; we did get a lot of nominations this time for both Marvel and DC, so it's clearly a concept that people are passionate about.

EDIT: You know what? I'll put it to a vote:

The voting currently has two characters well ahead of everyone else, so I figure we could increase the roster by two and it would be justified.

EDIT 2: I put together a Google Doc cataloguing the interactions so far; hopefully it works

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wanted to separate my moveset post from my earlier one, and also draw attention to the poll above, about whether we should increase the roster or not; so far, only three people have voted in it, with me being one of them.

I figure I should round out the founding members of the Justice League by making a moveset for...

Martian Manhunter

Unique Ability: Martian Vision
- much like Superman, Martian Manhunter also has heat vision (despite being weak to fire), though to distinguish the two, it will be his unique ability instead. It can be used on the ground or in the air. Normally, it fires a beam straight ahead for as long as the button's held (there's a bar beneath the unique action button that drains while the button is being held), but pressing down and the Unique Ability button causes him to fire it diagonally downwards in a short burst, and pressing forward and the Unique Ability button causes him to fire it diagonally upwards in a short burst. While the button is being held, pressing down or forwards will cause him to tilt his head down or up, respectively. The beam can only be used for a few seconds before needing to be recharged.

Super Breath (quarter circle forward + attack) - inhaling, Martian Manhunter lets out a gust of super breath, launching the opponent back if they're caught in it. Heavier versions have him breathe in for longer, but the gust travels farther and deals more damage.

Just A Phase (down, down, attack) - Martian Manhunter phases through the ground, popping up a certain distance away from where he started to uppercut the opponent. Light only moves him forward a little bit, medium moves him halfway across the screen, and heavy moves him all the way across the screen

Bloodwynd (quarter circle back + attack) - Martian Manhunter spins around, with his cape (which is often portrayed as a shape-shifted part of his body) shapeshifting into a blade and stretching out. The medium and heavy variants have the cape/blade stretch further.

Psyche-Out (back, forward, attack) - Martian Manhunter places a finger to his temple, and a burst of telekinetic energy appears at varying distances from him, knocking the opponent into the air.

Rock the Dragon (down, up, attack) - Martian Manhunter shape-shifts into a Chinese-style dragon, flying up into the air at different angles depending on which attack button is pressed (light is straight up, while medium and heavy are at lower angles to the ground) before the dragon wraps around itself and returns to being J'onn. The teeth and scaly body of the dragon deal damage.

Level 1: Shokan Smash (half circle forward + attack) - using shapeshifting, J'onn grows an extra pair of arms right below his normal ones, and combines that with his ability to stretch his limbs to give an impressive display of rapid-fire fisticuffs. The limbs don't stretch super-far, but guarding against this might not be the best idea, since the rapid hits deal a lot of chip damage.

Level 1: Paranormal Activity (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - J'onn turns intangible/semi-transparent and swoops forward a bit. If he doesn't connect, then he turns back to normal. If he does connect, he possesses the opponent's body, making them beat themselves up before he exits.

Level 2: Kaiju Crash (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Martian Manhunter shapeshifts into a large lizard-like form to punch the opponent across the room - thanks to his size, he covers most of the stage's width, though he's so big that the punch can be ducked under, and he's not so big that he can't be jumped over.

Level 3: Mister Biscuits' Wild Ride (press all buttons) - Martian Manhunter places both hands on his temples, and a wave of psychic energy flies out of him. If it connects, the camera does a zoom in on the opponent's eye before transitioning to a mental world (the mental world seems like it would be the same for everyone, rather than having to make 53+ mental worlds for every character on the roster and also Thanoseid). As the opponent looks around, Martian Manhunter and Mister Biscuits (a persona that J'onn has) appear on either side of them. The two personas do a series of combo attacks using shapeshifting - Mister Biscuits turns into a boa constrictor before flying the opponent into the air and doing an Izuna Drop straight out of Ninja Gaiden, right into the mouth of Martian Manhunter, who's shapeshifted into a T. Rex. Martian Manhunter spits the opponent out onto a road, where Mister Biscuits has turned into a steamroller. As the steamroller rumbles towards the opponent, we zoom back out to see the opponent getting beaten up by seemingly nothing as J'onn is eating a handful of Choco's cookies.

...I think I covered most of his powers? He has way too many, and I didn't even touch his super speed.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
EDIT: Alright it was Shazam, so it's time to see what we can do with him!
SHAZAM MOVESET
General Playstyle
Shazam is a beginner-friendly character with a ver straightforward moveset. Considering how the later characters where quite crazier I find a more simple character has a welcome addition.

Unique Ability - The Wisdom of Solomon
Shazam summons a lightning above him that covers his arms and makes his eyes glow, during this state the next attack would be powered up. It has a small cool down between uses.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
The Power of Zeus236 + XShazam launches a lightning projectile, the more strength the more length it has at the start. When the Wisdom of Solomon is active the bolt would instantly be launcher in his heavy variant with a quick startup.
The Strength of Heracles623 + XShazam grabs the opponent and throws them Izuna-drop fashion, the strong version makes Shazam launch to the air for an anti-air grab. When the Wisdom of Solomon is active it would cause a critical hit.
The Courage of Achilles214 + X (Air OK)Shazam runs at the opponent and spins like a torpedo, unlike other moves it would always point straight but the strongest version traspass the opponent. When the Wisdol of Solomon is active it covers himself in lighting be coming a multi-hit attack.
The Speed of Mercury412 + XShazam converts in lightning and teleports to the front (light), back (medium) or mantains his position for do a feint (strong).
The Stamina of Atlas22 + XShazam does a pose where he gets superarmor, it works has a parry and recovers faster than the opponent.
Level 1 Super:
The Thunder of Zeus
236236 + XA fullscreen beam version of The Power of Zeus.
Level 2 Super:
The Judgment of Solomon
214214 + UA ButtonShazam summons a storm, inside this field the effect of The Wisdom of Solomon is permament.
Level 3:
SHAZAM!
All Buttons PressedShazam pulls his opponent to the sky in a sea of storms punching the opponent, in the end he says his mythical phrase and a holy thunder descends electrocuting the opponent, a small second "Shazam!" can be heared during the descend and with that Billy becomes Shazam once more to continue the fight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't wanna seem like I was judging people's pick. I can definitely see the argument for him.

I think we should stop increasing the number thiugh. 52 is a good number and is important to DC. Just give Starro the cosmic spot.

Endings:

John Constantine:
After the battle with Thanoseid, John Constantine returns to doing what he does best, fighting demons. However. It's revealed that while in the merged universe he made a deal with a powerful demon. The Lord of Hell, Mephisto. When being overpowered in a fight with some monsters John's, John's eyes begin to glow a firey red, giving him new powers. The Hellblazer is here.

Magento:
Magneto continues to fight for mutant rights. It was during the events of the merger that he encountered Danny the Street, and its unusual inhabitants. Having seen somewhere where mutants can be themselves. Magneto is seen watching as numerous X-Men and Doom Patrol characters walk though the streets of Danny. Perhaps here, they can build a new future.

I'll do more tommrow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
@Darkonedagger's Hulk costumes win, and will be added to the first post! "Both" won the character poll, so congratulations, Speed Weed Speed Weed , because we're adding Deathstroke and Starro! (On a related note, the roster will stay at 52)

dc villains winners.png

I find it funny that these two were added at the same time, given that I don't think you could pick two villains who are more different from each other if you tried - one is a no-nonsense mercenary who is usually either out for revenge or money, while the other is a psychic alien starfish who wants to conquer the world.

In an unusual coincidence, we also have another tie today.

Klaw: 1
The Maker: 2
Ultron: 3
Zemo: 4
Dormammu: 5
Taskmaster: 7
Kang: 12
Fin Fang Foom: 12
Loki: 19
Namor: 19

We'll have a poll today, similar to what we had yesterday - we could include one or the other, or we could have both Namor and Loki, with Loki taking Marvel's magic spot. (Namor doesn't easily fit into any of the remaining categories)

---

Job 82: nominate Green Lantern costumes

As usual, we'll post his default plus 1-7 alternate costumes, and save premium costumes (such as other Green Lanterns like John Stewart) for later. (I might do premium costumes in a batch, since some characters might not have them) I'm not sure how many options Green Lantern has for costumes (I'm only just getting into the Geoff Johns run), but I wasn't sure about Aquaman either, and he managed to have quite a few.

Job 83: nominate a DC stage

We're getting towards the end of the stage list, so I thought I should leave this prompt more open-ended. Are there any stages that seem like they should have been in here, but we've missed them? For reference, so far, we've got the following DC stages (I'll put their series beside them in brackets):

-The Fortress of Solitude (Superman)
-The Batcave (Batman)
-Arkham Asylum (Batman)
-Themyscira (Wonder Woman)
-Atlantis (Aquaman)
-Oa (Green Lantern)
-Gorilla City (The Flash)
-The Hall of Justice (Justice League)
-The Rock of Eternity (Shazam)
-Danny the Street (Doom Patrol)

Also, I added the movesets for Martian Manhunter and Shazam to the first post.

Last edited:
Job 83:
LexCorp (Superman series) (Resubmission)
View attachment 357524
LexCorp is a fictional company from Superman comics and it's owned and created by Lex Luthor. It locates in Metropolis on planet Earth.
The headquarters of the company are towers that are shown on this picture.

The stage could take place inside the tower. The cameos are workers who work here in this company.

LexCorp tower could make sense as a stage considering that we could have a stage that takes place in Metropolis, one of most known settings in Superman comics.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
This time I decided to go with only Namor, dont get me wrong I love Loki and I think it should be added eventually, but unlike the cosmic DC side who has a smaller selection the magic side of Marvel is huge and I would like to give a chance to them

D

Deleted member

0c40089cff8d73469e249010ba6572f9.jpg

Tower of Fate
The home of the powerful sorcerer Doctor Fate. The stage is werid and full of changing hallways. Various magic DC characters like Etrigan and Dectective Chimp appear in the background.
Hal_Jordan_024.jpg

Hal_Jordan_Red_Son_001.jpg

Red Son

Yellow Lantern

Red_Lantern_Hal_Jordan_01.jpg

Red Lantern

Black Lantern

Renegade

word-image-3.png

Parallax

hal-spectre.jpg

Spectre

I voted both but I'd like to change my vote to just Loki if that's possible. I like Namor but I feel like Loki is a more sensible addition and I kinda wanna lave some options open for that magic round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Apokolips

If Hell was a planet, it would be Apokolips. The fight takes place on the barren plains of the world, with fire pits and massive statues of Darkseid looming over the area. Kalibak (Darkseid's son), Desaad, and Granny Goodness (two of his top enforcers) can be seen in the background, keeping an eye on the intruders.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I never got a chance to comment on this yesterday but I think it's important that I do.
Discussion: DLC

Since it was brought up yesterday, how do we want to handle DLC? (as this hypothetical game would be a modern fighting game, DLC seems almost inevitable)

Should nomination rounds be completely open, where people can submit whoever they want, or should there be a theme to them? How do we feel about guest characters, or characters from other parts of the company's catalogue that don't really interact with the rest much, like Watchmen? If we include guest characters, should there be a limit on which types of characters we should include? Should there be DLC stages?
DLC should be a multi-season thing, I feel that's easy to agree upon among the people here. I think 2 seasons sounds good, but 3 or more will definitely be welcomed. Given the already huge scope of this hypothetical game, not just in the amount of content we have but the very idea of Marvel and DC converging into a single game like this,(and unless you're cooking up a DC vs Marvel 2 thread) this can be seen as a one-off project. Having a multiple seasons of DLC would be warranted under this regard, to make the most out of a once in a hypothetical lifetime opportunity

I think they should still be themed. This system works really well for multiple reasons, primarily that it allows us to cover specific parts of both companies and nominate characters under that category that otherwise would never even be considered in a general catch-all naming round. I can definitely say there are some rounds that should be held for DLC overall, such as more villain rounds, another all-women round, Justice League/Avengers, etc. This is just my personal suggestion, and I'm not too sure how good the idea is, but perhaps a person-of-color round could be thrown in? (A diverse genetic makeup is a huge part of both companies, but the base roster is almost finished and out of 44 characters, running up on 46 now, all of them are either caucasian or an alien, with the exception of 3 Marvel characters).
I should also mention that we can still do a round where people can submit anyone via more Wildcard-Category rounds, so the themed rounds can still generally fit this.
TL;DR: Multi-Season DLC, stick to themed rounds

Guest characters are a bit of a coin toss. I'm definitely not opposed to them but they also have to be done in very small quantities and generally fit within the larger roster. It's just such a tricky thing to fit in, because this game itself is already a crossover, so guest character that is added would also, by virtue, be taking the space of a Marvel/DC character, which definitely has a lot of other characters that haven't been given a chance yet. I guess this could be easily compared to if they allowed guest characters into Capcom vs. SNK; where would they fit in?
However, I still don't want to rule out guest characters at all. Honestly they have my vote for yes (I have quite a handful of characters I'll want to throw in nominations for), and if we're going to discuss the option. they should be kept to a minimum, say, only 2 per season (since this roster is about even numbers). I also think it'd just be appropriate if the only suggested guest characters should be superheroes, or perhaps general comic book originated characters. We could do a general "characters that have crossed over before" or "comics that Marvel/DC have published" (i.e. "from the company's catalogue), but I feel those are too broad as I can't rationalize where characters from Attack on Titans or Kool Aid Man would fit into this roster.
TL;DR: I'm open to guest characters, but keep a very notable limit on them, superheroes only.

There should absolutely be DLC stages, though, and more non-character based content in the DLC. It'd be a massive huge opportunity not do so, and there are plenty of options for it that likely won't be making it into the base game as of now.

Yeah, I probably could have done one earlier; I guess my thinking with each round was:

-Avengers/Justice League - the two main super teams - might as well get them done early, since there are a lot of obvious picks here (I wound up adding three characters for both teams rather than the usual two, but I didn't figure anyone would argue against the inclusion of Green Lantern or Thor)

-villains - I did a villains round towards the start, but let's be honest, it basically boiled down to who was going to come in second to Doctor Doom and the Joker. (I'm surprised that Magneto got more points than Doom haha)

-DCEU/MCU picks - I feel like a lot of people are familiar with the characters from the movies, and there were still a few seemingly obvious picks from those that hadn't made it into the line-up, like Harley Quinn or Black Panther

-X-Men/Teen Titans - seemingly the second-most-prominent super teams for each company, and ones with really dedicated fanbases

-non-Injustice/MvC characters - by this point, every single character had been from Injustice or Marvel vs. Capcom, so I wanted to change things up

-women - at this point, we had a grand total of four women out of nearly thirty characters, with three of them being from DC (Wonder Woman, Raven, Harley Quinn), and the Marvel one (Ms. Marvel) just barely squeaking in due to a tie. I figured we needed a round focused on adding some, since it didn't seem to be happening as naturally as I had hoped. (nominations have focused on men pretty heavily - in the past six character rounds combined, three women have been nominated)

-Batman/Spider-Man characters - I originally intended to add one per side for this round, but I added the stipulation that if we got an above-average amount of nominations for the DC side, I'd add an extra character for the Batman cast. (I needed to do that at some point to make both sides even) Clearly, I didn't anticipate how much demand these latest rounds would get haha.

-Injustice/MvC characters - I figured there were plenty of characters from those games who either didn't qualify for previous rounds, almost made it in but were up against some really obvious picks, or were simply unlucky. (losing by a point or two, for example)

I probably could have trimmed one of the earlier rounds down, but hindsight is 20/20. (honestly, I feel like we could make a roster of 100 characters and still have tons of great ideas that wouldn't fit in due to us running out of space, but I figure the roster's already pretty big as it is)

I could bump the roster up to 54, add them both, and keep the cosmic round, but I've been bumping it up a few too many times for my liking. (we originally voted on a 48 character roster, only for me to bump it up to 50 when the non-MvC round got an unusually high amount of nominations and to bump it up again to 52 to add Thanos and Darkseid) We'll see how this round goes, I suppose; we did get a lot of nominations this time for both Marvel and DC, so it's clearly a concept that people are passionate about.

EDIT: You know what? I'll put it to a vote:
This decision was already made but I did vote to keep it at 52. Honestly that number is enough of a stretch as it is, and DLC is still (likely) coming. I could suggest at the end doing a roster retrospective and possibly moving characters between DLC and base? It's something I do with my own fan-made rosters quite frequently, and moving base-game characters to headline DLC additions is a common practice in today's gaming developing climate. Although I also feel like since a lot of these characters have found very comfortable spots on the roster, and a lot of rigorous voting took place for these additions, this is more of a pros/cons idea here. Just wanted to throw it out there, though.

We'll have a poll today, similar to what we had yesterday - we could include one or the other, or we could have both Namor and Loki, with Loki taking Marvel's magic spot. (Namor doesn't easily fit into any of the remaining categories)

I am hoping Loki wins this one. I was willing to give up the cosmic spot for DC, but I want Marvel's magic side to remain option :c I can understand having Namor though, since Aquaman and Namor is a classic company rivalry.

On another note, thank you to the two people ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer ) who put Zemo in their top 3. I love the character but I was only really throwing in a suggestion just because. I'm definitely going to be renominating him for future DLC rounds, though, as I retroactively convinced myself he should be included.

Now that all of that is out of the way...

I abstain. I'm not very familiar with Hal Jordan's costume history in general as I am with other characters. I could suggest just doing colors based on the other corps. but I feel like that wouldn't really count. I'll just leave this one up to vote.

Job 83
DC Stage: Titans Tower

Do I even have to explain this one?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I really liked the idea to see Zemo, its also my favorite Captain America's villain!.

I could suggest just doing colors based on the other corps. but I feel like that wouldn't really count.
Talking about it, we always talk about additional skins but I guess different colors did exists, so technically we can add things like for example the golden versión of the MK1 of Iron Man (so the MK2) or another Lantern's color without needing to make it a new costume.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think they should still be themed. This system works really well for multiple reasons, primarily that it allows us to cover specific parts of both companies and nominate characters under that category that otherwise would never even be considered in a general catch-all naming round. I can definitely say there are some rounds that should be held for DLC overall, such as more villain rounds, another all-women round, Justice League/Avengers, etc. This is just my personal suggestion, and I'm not too sure how good the idea is, but perhaps a person-of-color round could be thrown in? (A diverse genetic makeup is a huge part of both companies, but the base roster is almost finished and out of 44 characters, running up on 46 now, all of them are either caucasian or an alien, with the exception of 3 Marvel characters).
Yeah, I do feel like it's something that we need to work on.

I know that, on my end, I'm mainly familiar with DC through Batman, Superman, and bits of Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Shazam, so I'm not familiar at all with the broader DC universe beyond that. I've been trying to improve on that now that DC's comics app is available in my country, but it's slow progress, since there are so many options.

I know that DC's been trying to diversify their line-up (though I'm way behind on modern comics, so I have no idea who many of these new characters are), but I'm so unfamiliar with DC's comics outside of those five that I mentioned that I'm not even sure if Static from Static Shock is part of the main DC universe, or if he's in his own universe like how Watchmen is.

I'm more familiar with people of colour who could be added for Marvel (both thanks to the MCU and thanks to reading comics like The Ultimates by Al Ewing), but the current lack of them on the DC side does stick out. I'm hoping that the post-2000 character round or the wildcard round will change that (I'm still getting caught up on comics from the 70s and 80s - stuff like Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, and Mister Miracle - but I think that the Jamie Reyes version of Blue Beetle was created at some point in the last 22 years? Same thing goes for Ryan Choi as the Atom, I think), but even then, it would wind up being a small amount in the grand scheme of things.

(I apologize if this got rambly - I just typed out whatever came to mind)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Yeah, I do feel like it's something that we need to work on.

I know that, on my end, I'm mainly familiar with DC through Batman, Superman, and bits of Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Shazam, so I'm not familiar at all with the broader DC universe beyond that. I've been trying to improve on that now that DC's comics app is available in my country, but it's slow progress, since there are so many options.

I know that DC's been trying to diversify their line-up (though I'm way behind on modern comics, so I have no idea who many of these new characters are), but I'm so unfamiliar with DC's comics outside of those five that I mentioned that I'm not even sure if Static from Static Shock is part of the main DC universe, or if he's in his own universe like how Watchmen is.

I'm more familiar with people of colour who could be added for Marvel (both thanks to the MCU and thanks to reading comics like The Ultimates by Al Ewing), but the current lack of them on the DC side does stick out. I'm hoping that the post-2000 character round or the wildcard round will change that (I'm still getting caught up on comics from the 70s and 80s - stuff like Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, and Mister Miracle - but I think that the Jamie Reyes version of Blue Beetle was created at some point in the last 22 years? Same thing goes for Ryan Choi as the Atom, I think), but even then, it would wind up being a small amount in the grand scheme of things.

(I apologize if this got rambly - I just typed out whatever came to mind)
Don't apologize I get it
I think as it is it's probably too late to do that round for the base roster, and I also feel like everyone selected so far deserves a spot regardless. But for future rounds it is a possible option. My nominations for the 2000s and Wildcard categories are actually both heroes of color (hopefully nobody will nominate them before me), and I feel like they're both very important DC character so hopefully they get voted in.

The Static situation has been a little complicated. He wasn't created by DC but rather Milestone comics, but when DC bought Milestone they integrated him into the DC Universe (the same thing they did with Shazam and Charlton Comics cast). So officially, he is part of the main DC Universe, unlike Watchmen. It's worth mentioning that there was a period a few years ago where there was a rights issue with the Milestone characters and DC stopped using them in projects, which also includes Static being cut from Injustice 2 despite having a full moveset made, but that has since subsided and those characters are still part of the main DC universe and getting their own comics.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Have some more Deadpool Intro Dialogues:

Deadpool vs. Flash:
Deadpool: “Top 10 Saddest Superhero Deaths! Number 3 Will Shock You!”
Flash: “Let’s see if you can even make it to 9 before we reach Mach 5.”
Deadpool: “Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Give Me a 10-Minute Running Headstart.”

Deadpool vs. Deathstroke:
Deadpool: “Look, I know that fans like you enjoy cosplaying as me, but that costume is so half-assed, I can only give you a “you tried” star.”
Deathstroke: “Why would anyone want to dress up as a loud and crass mockery of myself?”
Deadpool: “You’re claiming to be the original here? Why don’t you show me the Made in China sticker on your suit, you cheap bootleg?”

Deadpool vs. Thanos
Deadpool: “Oh great, it’s the Rejected California Raisin, waddaya want now?”
Thanos: “Stand in my way again, and I’ll make sure you come out of this battle an even greater laughing stock than you already are.”
Deadpool: “Remind me, which one of us bedazzled an oven mitt just to simp for Death?”

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Deadpool vs. Thanos
Deadpool: “Oh great, it’s the Rejected California Raisin, waddaya want now?”
Thanos: “Stand in my way again, and I’ll make sure you come out of this battle an even greater laughing stock than you already are.”
Deadpool: “Remind me, which one of us bedazzled an oven mitt just to simp for Death?”
Screenshot 2022-08-10 8.03.14 AM.png

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Taking any requests to switch votes into account, Loki wins the poll! Congrats, Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , and this means that there will still be an open spot for Marvel's magic category.

marvel villains winner.png

I find it fitting that the villains from the first issue of the Justice League's comics (Starro) and the first issue of the Avengers (Loki) were included in this round.

@Darkonedagger's Green Lantern costumes win by default! (after looking up a list of Green Lantern costumes, that list contained every costume that stood out to me and then some)

For the stages, I'm thinking that we'll add two of them, leaving one spot open at the end in case one of the remaining characters has an obvious potential stage. Rather than doing ranked voting (since there's only four nominees), we'll do a poll, and the top two will be included.

-LexCorp
-Tower of Fate
-Apokolips
-Titans Tower

(I'm voting for the Tower of Fate; I love the idea of a stage where the background is basically a solid gold M.C. Escher sketch, and it has a lot of potential for cameos)
---

Job 84: nominate an arcade mode rival for Wolverine, the Flash, and/or Captain America

I figure that we can afford to cover a few of these rival jobs at a time, since we have a lot of characters to cover and the roster itself is nearly finished. Like usual, rivals are from the opposite companies.

Job 85: nominate a Marvel stage

Like last time, this one will be left open-ended; there are two spots left for Marvel stages, so I'm not sure if we'll be adding one or two stages from this.

As a refresher, the current Marvel stages are:

-The Daily Bugle
-Krakoa
-The Danger Room
-Asgard
-Wakanda
-Avengers' Tower
-The Dark Dimension
-Knowhere
-SHIELD Helicarrier
-The Bar With No Name
-Ego the Living Planet

---

I'm going to try to come up with a Starro moveset later today, along with some arcade mode endings and Batman victory quotes.

Last edited:
Marvel stage submission:
Xandar (Resubmission)
View attachment 357320
Xandar is a planet from Marvel Comics and it's a homeworld for Nova Corps, an intergalactic police. The whole planet is covered with green plants and high-futuristic buildings (Which they have advanced technology). It locates in Tranta system in Andromeda galaxy according to comics.

The stage would take place at Xandar and the Nova Corps alongside with other inhabitants make a cameo in background. Occasionally, you could spot Ego the living planet in background (It references the time where Nova corps used to live on him).

Xandar would be cool choice for a stage, considering that it's a one of MCU locations that doesn't take place on Earth and it would make sense somehow to include the stage in game
(Maybe if we had Nova Corps member as playable, then Xandar could it's home stage).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
For Flash I think a good option could be Ghost Rider, not only they where a fusion in Amalgam but I can imagine a race between the two.

Captain America I think it could be against Green Lantern, both where soldiers in their previous life and all.

I want to submit a moveset for either Cyclops, Venom or Ghost Rider. Gonna see if I can do it for two of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Hell's Kitchen
We could use a few more street level stages. Hell's Kitchen is the part of New York protected by Daredevil. The stage takes pace in the dark streets of the city and features locations like the Nelson and Murdock Offices and Alias Investigations. Fisk Tower appears in the back. Street level characters like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and the Punisher could cameo here.

Cap I'll go Wonder Woman. Both have experience in war (I know that's a movie thing for Diana but still)and there's some potential for fun lines about Diana having her own blonde Steve. Wolverine ill go Ra's since both have lived a long time and Wolverine has fought Ninjas before.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Arcade Mode Endings:

Starro:

A news report shows the Fantastic Four returning to Earth, having helped with saving the universe again. (they're shown from a distance) A reporter walks up to the Fantastic Four, who are shown from behind, and asks Johnny what's with the team's fashion statement. The music turns from triumphant to terrifying as the team turns to face the camera, revealing that they have Starro's parasites on their faces, and a dozen more fly out of the Fantasti-Car's seats, latching on to the reporter, anyone else in the vicinity, and the reporter's camera.

We cut to shots across the universe, as Starro's parasites arrive on the Kree and Skrull homeworlds as well. Starro telepathically muses that its scope has expanded greatly now that it's aware of the multiverse. There are so many worlds to conquer, and so few of them have defenders like the Justice League to save them... Not even yours! (as a Starro parasite latches on to the screen)

Captain America:

While looking through the Justice League's files (with their permission, of course), Captain America finds out about the existence of Earth-X, a world where the Nazis won World War 2. Reminded of why he signed up for the Super Soldier Serum in the first place, Captain America gathers a few friends (the Winter Soldier, Sam Wilson (Captain America), Jim Hammond (the Human Torch), Namor, and Sharon Carter), and with the help of the Flash, they decide to pay Earth-X a visit. We see a shot of those heroes, along with Earth-X heroes like Uncle Sam or the Phantom Lady, taking down a Nazi base as Steve says that tyranny will not win as long as even one person has the will to resist against it.

Match Intros:

Starro vs. Loki:

Loki: "Any chance I could borrow one of your spawn?"
Starro: "They shall not be sullied by your hands!"
Loki: "Looks like I'll have to find another birthday gift for Thor..."

Starro vs. Starro:

Starro 1: "It seems you have grown separate from the collective..."
Starro 2: "You shall not conquer Earth!"
Starro 1: "You must be exterminated before your attitude spreads!"

Doctor Strange vs. Starro:

Strange: "Has a spawn of Shuma-Gorath made its way to this universe as well?"
Starro: "Fool! I am Starro the Conqueror!"
Strange: "Whatever you are, you will be stopped just the same."

The Thing vs. Starro:

Starro: "Behold! I am Starro the Conqueror!"
The Thing: "Yeesh, that's the third-biggest starfish I've seen this week!"
Starro: "I am no mere Earth creature!"

Victory Quotes:

Batman:

Generic 1: "I am vengeance! I am the night! I am Batman!"
Generic 2: "I must be getting sloppy... This should have ended much sooner."
Vs. Superman: "You don't need to hold back that much, Clark."
Vs. Batman: "It takes more than my gear to do what I do."
Vs. Wonder Woman: "Amazon training isn't the be-all and end-all of fighting."
Vs. The Flash: "Rushing in doesn't always work."
Vs. Aquaman: "You're tough, Arthur, but you need to improve your technique."
Vs. Green Lantern: "It looks like fear beats will this time."
Vs. The Joker: "I'll always be here to stop you."
Vs. Shazam: "You need more training - as it stands, Robin could beat you."
Vs. Harley Quinn: "You're better than this, Quinzel."
Vs. Nightwing: "...You did well."
Vs. Plastic Man: "You could be the most dangerous of us, if you tried."
Vs. Zatanna: "Your father would be proud of how far you've come."
Vs. Black Canary: "Keep up with your training - if Lady Shiva shows up, she won't be as forgiving as I was."
Vs. Ra's al Ghul: "Think of the good that could be done if you used your resources for something other than death."
Vs. Catwoman: "Selina... it doesn't have to be like this."
Vs. Martian Manhunter: "Don't rely on telepathy. Proper meditation techniques make it worthless."
Vs. Green Arrow: "Your focus is too narrow. Predictability means death."
Vs. Spider-Man: "If you can't take this seriously, you're not going to survive."
Vs. Iron Man: "If this is the best that Stark Industries tech can do, then I'm not impressed."
Vs. Captain America: "You're one of the best I've fought - your only problem is that you fight fair."
Vs. The Hulk: "Strength means nothing without skill."
Vs. Doctor Doom: "You're blinded by your anger - that was your downfall."
Vs. Black Panther: "You could give the Talon assassins a run for their money."
Vs. Cyclops: "The angles of your blasts were predictable."
Vs. Daredevil: "They call you the Man Without Fear... After this, you'll need to look for a new nickname."

Hulk:

Generic 1: "Hulk strongest there is!"
Generic 2: "Leave Hulk alone!"
Vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel: "You're strong, but Hulk stronger!"
Vs. Aquaman: "Fish-man makes Hulk think of Namor! Hulk crush you!"
Vs. The Joker: "STOP! LAUGHING!"
Vs. Lex Luthor: "Big words make Hulk's head hurt..."
Vs. Martian Manhunter: "You're green like Hulk, but not as strong!"
Vs. Green Arrow: "Puny arrows won't hurt Hulk!"
Vs. Starro: "HULK HATE SEA FOOD!"
Vs. Darkseid: "No one controls the Hulk!"
Vs. Spider-Man: "Go home, kid."
Vs. Iron Man: "Hulk crush you like tin can!"
Vs. Wolverine: "Tiny man can't beat Hulk! Stop trying!"
Vs. Captain America: "Hulk... sorry..."
Vs. Hulk: "Hulk stronger than anyone - even Hulk!"
Vs. Thor: "Hulk wins, Goldilocks."
Vs. Doctor Strange: "Hulk throw you into space - see how you like it!"
Vs. Black Panther: "You talk too much."
Vs. Deadpool: "GRAAAAARGH! QUIET!"
Vs. The Thing: "You lose, again."
Vs. Loki: "Puny god."

The Thing:

Generic 1: "That's why I'm the Idol o' Millions!"
Generic 2: "You make Irving Forbush look like the Hulk!"
Vs. Superman: "All that power an' you look like someone outta Hollywood... Some guys have all the luck, huh?"
Vs. The Flash: "Bet that felt like drivin' into a brick wall!"
Vs. Green Lantern: "I could've flown circles around ya, flyboy!"
Vs. Lex Luthor: "Supes told me all about you - an' here I thought Doom was petty!"
Vs. Harley Quinn: "A mallet? Seriously?"
Vs. Plastic Man: "Maybe you should look into startin' a team of your own - you ain't doin' great solo!"
Vs. Constantine: "Ugh, those British accents - can't understand a word yer sayin'!"
Vs. Zatanna: "Pullin' a rabbit out of that hat would be a lot more impressive than what ya just did!"
Vs. Martian Manhunter: "Wait, so you ain't a Skrull?"
Vs. Darkseid: "No matter how many times you knock me down, I'll keep gettin' back up until I've flattened you!"
Vs. Spider-Man: "You did good, Pete - let's grab some pizza!"
Vs. Black Panther: "Looks like you ain't as tough without havin' a buncha traps prepared!"
Vs. The Thing: "Hoo boy, you've got one ugly mug!"
Vs. Ms. Marvel: "Yeesh, superheroes keep gettin' younger and younger!"
Vs. Captain Marvel: "If you fly as good as you fight, then I dunno how you made it to Colonel."
Vs. Venom: "How's about I go get Johnny an' we see how tough you are without that space gunk on ya?"

Ra's al Ghul:

Generic 1: "A poor performance."
Generic 2: "You would not last even a minute against an initiate."
Vs. Batman: "A shame, Detective. I was expecting far more from you."
Vs. Aquaman: "Out of all of your 'Justice League', you should understand the importance of nature, and of my actions."
Vs. The Joker: "Out of my sight, you lunatic."
Vs. Lex Luthor: "Businessmen like you are why this planet is in such a miserable state!"
Vs. Nightwing: "Richard... I thought you would do better than that."
Vs. Black Canary: "You did better than expected for a woman."
Vs. Ra's al Ghul: "The Demon can only have one head!"
Vs. Catwoman: "I have no idea what the Detective sees in you."
Vs. Green Arrow: "You have potential, Archer."
Vs. Deathstroke: "Your ambitions were obvious from the start."
Vs. Iron Man: "You rely far too much on your toys, Anthony."
Vs. Wolverine: "With a sample of your blood, I may no longer need the Lazarus Pits."
Vs. Captain America: "You fought well, Captain, but even your serum cannot make up for my experience."
Vs. Magneto: "Mutantkind is just as guilty as humanity, and they all shall suffer so that the world can flourish."
Vs. Black Panther: "You have great skill - you would place highly in the League of Assassins."
Vs. Deadpool: "If you cannot die, then you will be buried in some forgotten corner of the world."
Vs. Daredevil: "You have excellent training. Shame you are burdened with such an infirmity."

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 84:Batman as Wolverine's rival

the connections between Batman and Wolverine is both are iconic animal-themed superheroes,there is a fusion of them on Anagram comics and both are

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 84:Batman as Wolverine's rival

the connections between Batman and Wolverine is both are iconic animal-themed superheroes,there is a fusion of them on Anagram comics and both are allies or from a blue and red superhero (Superman and Spider-Man respectively)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Doomstadt

Taking place inside the torchlit halls of Doctor Doom's castle, Doctor Doom's banners are everywhere, along with Doombots and Servoguards watching the fight. Various pieces of equipment that Doom no longer needs are scattered around the halls, discarded or destroyed by Doom, as his robots work to remove them from the area.

We don't have many villain-themed stages on the Marvel side - there's the Bar With No Name, but the sort of villains who go there tend to be D-listers, maybe C-listers at best, since the major villains have plans to prepare and carry out, and the Dark Dimension, which is almost exclusively the domain of Dormammu or his sister Umar as far as villains go. Likewise, we don't have any Fantastic Four stages at the moment, so this would kill two birds with one stone, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
For the stages, I'm thinking that we'll add two of them, leaving one spot open at the end in case one of the remaining characters has an obvious potential stage. Rather than doing ranked voting (since there's only four nominees), we'll do a poll, and the top two will be included.

-LexCorp
-Tower of Fate
-Apokolips
-Titans Tower
Truthfully, I think all of these DC Stages should be included. I'll put down my vote for the Tower of Fate, though, since it lines up with one of my future nominations.

Job 84: Rivalries
I like @Darkonedagger's idea of having Ra's as a rival to Wolverine. The League of Assassins are honestly the type of villains that would normally make up Wolverine's rogues gallery, and both are characters with a running theme of (near) immortality.

The Flash's rival should be... okay, this one's tough. I'm going to suggest Doc Ock, because both of them are scientists given powers through an accident, but Flash ended up using his powers for good where Octavius was driven to a tragic downfall.

Batman. Duh. It's the perfect matchup. They even fought in the original DC vs. Marvel crossover!

Job 85: Marvel Stage

The Collector's Museum (Guardians of the Galaxy)

This stage also coincides with a future nomination of mine. This location is ripe for cameo appearances from anything in the Marvel Universe, and represents a villain that likely would have never made it into the game otherwise.

The fighting would take place in the main hallway, with cubicles in the background floating about and being swapped out, with different artifacts, characters or alien races trapped inside; Alternatively, holograms depicting various past cosmic events in the Marvel Universe could display, such as the creation of the infinity stones (ala the scene in the 2014 movie), the battle against Thanos from the original Infinity Gauntlet comic, or perhaps a battle between two Celestials if we really want some amped out background eye candy.
Stage Transitions could also lead the fight to taking place inside an exhibit, leaving some creatures to break loose in the background.

We also don't have any Guardians in the roster so I think we need a few more stages to compensate :3

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Starro moveset

Unique Ability: Spawn - one of Starro's "hand" tentacles will open up, and a smaller Starro will flop onto the ground. If an opponent steps on it, the small Starro will leap up; the opponent will grab it before it reaches their face (or top tentacle, if the opponent is another Starro), but this will leave them open to attack for roughly a second. The small Starro will stay out for a few seconds, or until another one is spawned - whichever happens first.

Starro Beam (quarter circle forward + attack - air OK) - Starro fires a beam of energy from whichever "foot" tentacle is closest to his opponent, whichever "hand" tentacle is closest to his opponent, or his "head" tentacle, depending on if the light, medium, or heavy attack button was used, respectively.

Shooting Starro (quarter circle back + attack - air OK) - Starro launches across the screen, floating in the air horizontally and spinning around like it's a top or helicopter blades

Rising Starro (Shoryuken motion + attack - air OK) - Starro launches upwards, moving its tentacles like a swimming octopus.

Rock, Paper, Starro (half circle forward + attack - air OK) - Starro contorts its body to resemble a giant fist, moving up and down twice quickly before taking different actions depending on which button was pressed. (if used in the air, Starro hovers in place) The light attack version has Starro shoot forward like a giant fist, which deals plenty of damage but can easily be guarded or jumped over. The medium attack version has Starro stick all of its tentacles straight ahead and fly up into the air like it's chopping something, which doesn't have a long horizontal range but can easily hit jumping opponents. The heavy attack version has it straighten out two of its tentacles while keeping the others curled and stab forward, which doesn't do much damage but breaks an opponent's guard.

Space Jam (quarter circle forward + Unique Ability - air OK) - Starro spawns several smaller Starros, which take the shape of a ball. Picking them up, Starro flings the ball diagonally downwards, and the ball of Starros bounces off of the ground at a 90 degree angle (like a wide V) and launches into the air before breaking apart.

Level 1: Starry Eyed (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Starro fires a large laser from its eye, slowly tilting the beam upwards as the attack continues.

Level 2: Wrath of Cobi (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - a portal opens in front of Starro, and Cobi (a large armoured warrior with a Starro on his chest) steps out of it and swings his axe downwards before stepping back in. This doesn't have much range compared to the level 1 special, but it does much more damage.

Level 3: Veni Vidi Vici (press all buttons) - Starro swoops forwards, and if it connects with the opponent, it clings to them as a cutscene starts. Another Starro falls from the sky, clinging to the opponent as well. And then another, and another... The camera pans up to show the full-sized Starro, dropping wave after wave of its spawn across the area. The Starros that are clinging to the opponent float into the air before releasing the opponent, with the playable one keeping them suspended there by telekinesis. The tips on the tentacles of the gathered Starros start to glow, and simultaneously, they all fire beams at the suspended opponent, which is followed up by a gigantic beam from the eye of the main Starro up in space. The non-playable Starros fly away as the opponent crashes to the ground, ending the super.

(yes, I came up with the name of one of his specials purely to reference another Warner Bros. property, but I wanted to get creative with his specials, and it helped to think of Starro as a giant hand once I got past some of the basic stuff)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arcade Endings:

Wonder Woman:
Diana returns home to Themyscira to check in her people. Once there, she is greeeted by her mother Hippolyta. She jokingly asks if she's responsible for the new arrivals. Confused, Diana enters the arena to find figures such as Jennifer Walters, Kate Bishop, Jane Foster, Gamora, and more. They travelled to the Island, wanting to train with the legendry Amazonian Warriors. Diana smirks, telling them to get ready.

Daredevil
Matt Murdock returns to Hell's Kitchen to discover that criminals from the other universe have started setting up shop in Hell's Kitchen. He works with District Attorney Kate Spencer. Kate reveals to Matt that she is actually the vigilante known as the Manhunter. Together they form a team consisting of Matt's allies Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Danny Rand, the Iron Fist, and heores from Kate's universe such as Wildcat, Katana and Black Lightning, in order to keep the streets safe.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Howdy, folks! It seems that upper management gave us a little temporal error - the TVA is supposed to get in now, not a few months ago! Let me just copy the file...
Hey y'all, we got a lot of stages that pertain to Space. How bout we have one focused around Time - welcome to the TVA!View attachment 357368
The Time Variance Authority has been around for a long time in the comics, but rose to prominence when it served as the key backdrop to the Loki show. In that show it served as a multiversal organization to preserve the sacred timeline via all means necessary. The stage would, at the very least, take inspiration from the distinctive architecture of the MCU. When it comes to cameos, obviously Mobius M. Mobius has to Mob his way onto the stage, and the original MCU creation of Miss Minutes should appear as well. Possibly various variants could cameo as well?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
General Playstyle
Cyclops is a traditional zoner character, one of those easy one, another character friendly for begginers.

Unique Ability - Optic Level
Cyclops does a standing pose, this charges his Optic Level, a meter that has 3 levels that increase the strength of his lasers, after using a laser attack Optic Level would always decrease to 1.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Optic Blast236 + XCyclops fires a laser beam from his visor, depending of the button strength Cyclops attacks low, mid or high.
Combination Attack[4]6 + XCyclops does a quick autocombo attack ending with an uppercut.
Triple Shot236 + X (Midair)Cyclops fires 3 laser shoots in rapid succesion in a diagonal arc.
Ricochet Blast214 + XCyclops shoots a laser beam from his visor, is different to Optic Blast since the laser bounces to the ground or the roof depending of the strength of the button.
Bicycle Kick[2]8 + XWhat it says in the name of the attack, Cyclops performs a rising Bicycle Kick in Guile's fashion.
Level 1 Super: Eyes Wide Open236236 + XCyclops shoots a short ranged but huge blast of energy that deals an impressive amount of damage for a Level 1.
Level 2 Super: Super Optic Blast214214 + XCyclops fires an enhanced Optic Blast that can be directed with the stick and bounces from the floor and the roof.

Level 3 - Dreams Don't Die
All Buttons PressedA cinematic where a horde of Sentinels appears from nowhere behind the opponent, then while saying his iconic phrase he take off his visors and delivers huge Optic Blasts from all directions that destroys the sentinels damaging the opponent in the process.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Similar to yesterday, we're going to have a poll for today's stages. Not sure if I'll just include one stage from this or include the top two; there are only two spots left for Marvel stages, so I'm leaning towards one so that there's a spot left over in case any of the remaining characters have a clear stage choice associated with them.

In addition, here are the polls for the rival battles:

I'll add the movesets and arcade endings to the first post later today.

Job 86: nominate Thor costumes

You know how this goes by now; pick Thor's default and anywhere from 1 to 7 alternate costumes.

Job 87: nominate a cosmic character for Marvel

It seemed pretty clear to me that plenty of people had ideas for which cosmic character they wanted to see in the game, and we already have DC's cosmic character, so why not jump to this now?

(in case anyone needs ideas, here's a list of cosmic comics that seems pretty thorough: https://www.comicbookherald.com/marvel-cosmic-comics-1963-to-present/ I realize that some of it is subject to opinion, though)

Last edited:
The beyonder
1660238931479.png
I know it's a weird choice, but...

The Beyonder is one of cosmic characters from Marvel Comics and he is a singular entity with no duplicate versions of himself in other universes, similar to the Living Tribunal. It is responsible for pitting Earth's mightiest heroes and villains against each other in the Secret Wars.
The beyonder would be weird choice for Marvel VS DC fighting game, but he could make sense in the roster.

His moveset would be based on manipulating reality such as changing the states of matter for example. He could also use his psionic power to attack opponents or trick them.
He could have an ability to fly or teleport, since he is a cosmic character.
Also one of his super moves could allow him to reveal his true form:
1660239133715.png

(He would have nerfed moveset)

I nominate him, because he could be suprising choice and he could make sense in the game somehow.

Top Bottom