• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer's list of costumes for Iron Man wins, so I'll add that to the original post!

Here are the polls for the DC villain stage and for Superman's rival:

---

Job 45: submit a stage for a Marvel villain

Similar to yesterday's stage job, this can be a stage for Doctor Doom, Magneto (who only sort of counts nowadays), or a villain that isn't in the game yet. As long as it's tied to a Marvel villain, anything should work.

Job 46: submit an idea for the ending of Superman's arcade mode

Arcade mode endings are short, usually only a couple of scenes depicting what the character does after defeating the final boss. (or them returning to their normal lives) Here are some examples from Injustice 2 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

As this is a crossover game, feel free to use whatever crossover elements you want, as long as it seems in-character.

(I considered doing a round for Wonder Woman's costumes or Aquaman's moveset, but I thought it might be too soon for that since we just did Iron Man's costumes and Captain America's moveset a day or two ago, and I want to flesh out the roster a bit more before covering Story Mode in-depth, assuming it's following the Injustice/Mortal Kombat set-up where it's 12 chapters, each one usually focused on a different character, with three or four fights each)

---

As an example for the Superman arcade ending, here's my submission.

After sealing Thanoseid away in the Phantom Zone and using the Infinity Stones to separate the universes, Superman is troubled - the Justice League does what it can to keep the universe safe, but even that doesn't prove to be enough when threats originate from outside of their universe. Luckily, he's contacted by Adam Brashear, a.k.a. the Blue Marvel, who was pondering a similar issue.

America Chavez allows the two to meet, and they come up with a solution - form a Justice Alliance. Superman says that the team might be starting small (the team grows to include Alexander Luthor of Earth-3, Jay Garrick of Earth-2, and the Age of Apocalypse version of Magneto in addition to the three mentioned earlier), but in time, they'll find a way to bring hope to the multiverse!

(a character being included in an ending doesn't rule them out from being playable)

D

Deleted member

3138058-villainsforhire00210.jpg

Spider-Man-Bar-with-No-Name.jpg

Bar With No Name
This isn't really a stage that's tied to one specific villian but is rather a place where villians hang out. Would take place in the bar with a pool table and all the usual bar things. Numerous villains cameo, mostly of the C and D tier variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvel villain stage submission:
Castle Doom
1658333032738.png
Castle Doom is a medieval-styled palace, where Doctor Doom resides there. It was built in small European nation of Latveria and it locates in the mountains outside of capital city Doomstadt. It was used to be called Castle Sabbat but it was overtaken by Doctor Doom in Marvel comics.

The stage would take place inside of the fortress. If you or enemy doesn't play him, Doctor Doom would do his business as a cameo.

I nominate Castle Doom, because we could have a castle stage in game and this location could fit Doctor Doom very well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
the hand.png

Hand Hideout

The stage takes place in one of the many bases of the Hand, a ninja organization within the Marvel universe and a recurring enemy to Daredevil, Elektra, and Wolverine, among others. Looking like a traditional Japanese temple, the fight takes place on the rooftop of one of the buildings, with various Hand ninja being seen in the background lurking on some of the taller buildings nearby.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Gorilla City will be added as a stage, and Captain America will be Superman's rival! (the poll was tied, and having a poll with just Spider-Man and Captain America wouldn't make much of a difference, so I flipped a coin nine times - heads was Spider-Man, tails was Captain America, and I got tails six times and heads three times)

My Superman arcade ending wins by default.

Vote for the Marvel villain stage here:

---

Job 47: nominate costumes for Wonder Woman

Same rules as usual - pick anywhere from 1 to 7 alternate costumes plus her default costume. Costumes that would make her a completely different character like Nubia or Grail won't be used here.

Job 48: nominate a female DC character

Any female DC character can be nominated, aside from the ones who are already in the game (Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and Raven). I think that most of us agreed that the roster could use more women in it, and there are a ton of options beyond those three who would work well (or who have worked well) in a fighting game.

D

Deleted member

16lm0VtqRWfMR7Dcj5zjhf7FRraAQp7V7D9UO_HDFMo.jpg

Default (Rebirth)
f84d2e345ca7a8e7148b317a665cd3df.jpg

New 52 Armor
LevelingUpWW84_blog_5fe3f5adb2b7e3.11496492.jpg

Golden Armor
Flashpoint_Wonder_Woman_and_the_Furies_Vol_1_1_Textless (1).jpg

Flashpoint
dc-comics-wonder-woman-bombshell-i26539.jpg

Bombshell
a4189e2410faec253c13dff3a4a6219d.jpg

Lynda Carter
wonder-woman-first-appearance.jpg

Golden Age

I'll submit a character later

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wonder Woman costumes:

1. default (DC Rebirth)

2. Kingdom Come (if the Iron Spider's robot limbs are okay, then I'd think the wings for this would work)

3. Bombshells

4. Wonder Woman #600

5. Golden Age

6. Justice League War

7. Star Sapphire

8. God of War

---

Character nomination: Black Canary

A long-running member of the Justice League, Dinah Lance took up the mantle of Black Canary some time after her mother, who used it previously, retired from fighting crime. In addition to her talent in martial arts, she can use a supersonic scream called the Canary Cry to take on super-powered opponents.

I figure she's prominent enough that she was a founding member of the Justice League at one point (in the timeline after Crisis On Infinite Earths), and I could see her having fun interactions with the X-Men (who could think she's a mutant and/or connected to Banshee), or Hawkeye if he gets in.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #48: Zatanna
Zatanna_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg

Zatanna Zatara is a DC heroine and sometimes member of the Justice League - the daughter of Golden Age hero Giovanni Zatara, her schtick is that she's a stage magician....with actual magic powers. Her mother was a member of the Homo Magi, a mystical race of magic-wielding humans. Zatanna performs her spells by saying what she wants backwards: for example, saying "pots" to stop someone who's running away. She's also often worked with current member of our roster, John Constantine.

I think she's a pretty cool character! She's one of the faces of the more occult side of DC, and while we have magic users already, she puts a really neat spin on it with her stage magician aesthetic. I like her.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure if people aren't as familiar with DC as they are with Marvel, or if this is a busier day for most people and they haven't had time to write out a nomination. Still, I'll post some ideas in case they inspire people (half of these are from Injustice):

-Catwoman: a master thief - you know who this is

-Hawkgirl: a winged woman with a mace made out of an alien metal, and one of the members of the Justice League in the DC Animated Universe

-Killer Frost: a criminal who uses ice powers; generally an enemy of Firestorm

-Batgirl: one of Batman's sidekicks; the name has been taken up by several people, most famously Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, and Cassandra Cain

-Supergirl: Superman's cousin from Krypton

-Cheetah: a woman who was transformed into what's basically a were-cheetah, and a major member of Wonder Woman's rogues gallery

-Poison Ivy: a scientist who controls plants and values them more than people (well, most people - Harley's an exception)

-Starfire: an alien princess who's part of the Teen Titans

-Terra: a young girl who controls earth; she infiltrated the Teen Titans

-Power Girl: an older version of Supergirl from Earth-2

-Huntress: her parents and siblings were killed by mobsters, so she's waging a one-woman war on organized crime.

-Mera: Aquaman's wife and a powerful hydrokinetic. (She controls water)

-Vixen: a woman who adopts the abilities of animals (like Beast Boy, though without the physical transformations)

-Lady Shiva: one of the top martial artists on DC's Earth

-Big Barda: one of the New Gods - a very tall and very strong woman who rebelled against Darkseid

-Granny Goodness: one of Darkseid's top enforcers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hawkgirl1.jpg

Hawkgirl
The Hawks are a big part of DC. Hawkgirl tends to get a little more crossover play. She was in the first Injustice so there's president for her being chosen. She had a memorable role in the Justice League cartoon. She can fly with her wings and weilds a powerful mace made out of Nth Metal.

There are multiple versions with widely different backgrounds. My favorite, and the verison used in the DCAU, is Shayera Hol, who is an alien from the planet Thanagar, and who I'd likely pick, but Shiera Sanders Hall, who is the orignal, and a reincarnation of an Egyptian princess, was the one in the first Injustice. I feel like Shayera could work well with Captain Marvel if (when) she gets in.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if people aren't as familiar with DC as they are with Marvel, or if this is a busier day for most people and they haven't had time to write out a nomination. Still, I'll post some ideas in case they inspire people (half of these are from Injustice):

-Catwoman: a master thief - you know who this is

-Hawkgirl: a winged woman with a mace made out of an alien metal, and one of the members of the Justice League in the DC Animated Universe

-Killer Frost: a criminal who uses ice powers; generally an enemy of Firestorm

-Batgirl: one of Batman's sidekicks; the name has been taken up by several people, most famously Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, and Cassandra Cain

-Supergirl: Superman's cousin from Krypton

-Cheetah: a woman who was transformed into what's basically a were-cheetah, and a major member of Wonder Woman's rogues gallery

-Poison Ivy: a scientist who controls plants and values them more than people (well, most people - Harley's an exception)

-Starfire: an alien princess who's part of the Teen Titans

-Terra: a young girl who controls earth; she infiltrated the Teen Titans

-Power Girl: an older version of Supergirl from Earth-2

-Huntress: her parents and siblings were killed by mobsters, so she's waging a one-woman war on organized crime.

-Mera: Aquaman's wife and a powerful hydrokinetic. (She controls water)

-Vixen: a woman who adopts the abilities of animals (like Beast Boy, though without the physical transformations)

-Lady Shiva: one of the top martial artists on DC's Earth

-Big Barda: one of the New Gods - a very tall and very strong woman who rebelled against Darkseid

-Granny Goodness: one of Darkseid's top enforcers
That was more or less part of my problem, but mostly it was a mater of time, but now I know who would I submit.
POWER GIRL
1658451625580.png
Kara Zor-L from Earth-2, my main reason to suggest her is the place where she is, for a game that haves has main sell point the clash between different worlds it's curious that we still didn't handle to include any character that comes from an actual different world in their own canon (not counting skins), so having a representative from a different Earth would be badass. And apart of that it would also be a representative of the previous main team of heroes of DC before the Justice League, the Justice Society.

Also I don't know that much of DC but IIRC Power Girl is a recurrent character in various macroevents (particulary the ones that involves multiple earths like Infinite Crisis) so even for plot reasons it would be very cool to have her.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 48:Catwoman

Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) is a thief from Gotham and Batman's love interest. Catwoman is very popular anti-heroine,she has movies who she is the main character as a 2004 live-action movie and an animated movie called Catwoman: Hunted,also the own batman movies as Batman Returns,The Batman (2022),Batman Ninja and Lego Batman,i can't forget her appearances in video games as Batman Arkham series and Injustice duology. Catwoman is in the two Injustice games,so it's a obvious choice.

AlRex

Smash Lord
DjYq1EfVsAA6wun.jpg

I like strange choices, and Doom Patrol seems like a cool team that hasn't been represented yet, so I'll pick Crazy Jane. She has multiple personality disorder, which seems to manifest in various, differently powered forms...perhaps too many.

Warning for traumatic/sexual themes, suicide, and maybe a few other things. She debuted in a time where Doom Patrol was being very experimental and, for a good portion of that run, was also a Vertigo title, which was DC’s mature readers imprint.
  • Baby Doll: A telekinetic (rarely-seen ability) childlike alter that believes everything is lovely. It is said to be one of the few in the system that trust men.
  • Baby Harlot: An integration of Baby Doll and Scarlet Harlot.
  • Bizzie Lizzie Borden: Unknown.
  • Black Annis: An aggressive alter equipped with sharp claws, red eyes, and blue skin. In the TV series, she stood guard over the station that held Daddy. Also misandrist, one who hates men, so she never lets any men pass her.
  • Blood of the Lamb: No given information. In this form, her body is covered head to toe in blood coming from unknown (or nonexistent) wounds.
  • Bubble: Not much is known about her but her name is visible on the Underground map next to Rain Brain and Lucy Fugue.
  • Butterfly Baby: Constantly suffers pain on a Hellraiser-like level in the deepest part of the mind.
  • Crazy Jane: The dominant alter, or "host". No apparent powers. Her name is derived from that of a character in several poems by William Butler Yeats, as well as the eponymous painting by Richard Dadd.[7]
  • Daddy: An introject of Jane's father as a giant monster made of insects, excrement, and puzzle pieces. Daddy talks with Jane's voice. It was destroyed. Resided in a mental representation of the Well where Kay was sexually assaulted by him. Has the power to shapeshift.
  • Dr. Harrison: White streak of hair and blue eyes. Able to telepathically suss out the childhood traumas of others. Power to influence anyone who hears her voice. Described by Mr. Nobody as "insane". In the Underground, she's portrayed as a middle-age woman in a business suit.
  • Driller Bill: A dark-skinned woman in a worker's jumpsuit. Arguably as aggressive as Hammerhead, yet also fond of Baby Doll and her antics.
  • Driver 8: Conductor of the Underground subway, named after the R.E.M. song. The Driver's hat has an infinity symbol (a sideways "8") on it.
  • Flaming Katy: One of the "protector" alters, protecting Jane whenever she feels threatened. Very antisocial, someone who does not like to be interrogated. She is a pyrokinetic and can fly. Also usually emerges at Baby Doll's request.
  • Flit: She can teleport anywhere. Dresses in late '80s fashion.
  • Hammerhead: Another protector like Flaming Katy. She is very aggressive towards everyone and possesses super-strength. In the Underground, she is bald and wears a leather jacket.
  • Jack Straw: A living but mute scarecrow.
  • Jeann: Unknown. Her station could be seen as Cliff was falling into Jane's mind.[8]
  • Jill-in-Irons: She is wrapped in large chains. A reference to Jack-In-Irons.
  • Karen: A perky but unstable alter with the power to cast "love spells". She loves '90's rom-coms and her boyfriend, Doug. She comes out when Jane is severely depressed.
  • K-5: The original host, Kay Challis, who vanished at age 5. She is "sleeping", or otherwise known as "dormant", in one of the lower stations of the Underground.
  • Kit W'the Canstick: An old woman who carries a burned-out candle.
  • Lady Purple: She can see the future but rarely speaks.
  • Liza Radley: A stable, more "normal" appearing alter, awakened as a result of a loving environment, who pushes Jane to recovery. The other alters are unsure of how to react to Liza and feel threatened by her. She is named after a song by The Jam, the B-side of their single "Start!".
  • Lucy Fugue: She has radioactive bones and see-through skin. She can also generate harmonic vibrations, a power she used to defeat the Antigod. In the live-action series, this alter has electrical powers. In the Underground, this alter is portrayed as an Asian woman with electric-blue streaks in her black beehive hairdo.
  • Mama Pentecost: An expert enigma and cryptogram solver who can also translate any language.
  • Merry Andrew: Dresses as a Harlequin and carries toys.
  • Miranda: The former host who took over after Kay went dormant, she destroys herself after the church incident. Her "station" is now occupied by some indescribable horror, visible from a distance only as a weird light, which only Driver 8 can see without being destroyed by the vision (she covers Cliff's eyes as they pass through this area, in comic canon). Per the TV show's canon, Miranda's station is populated by noose-hung bodies and tortured souls. She miraculously returned after the Candlemaker killed Katy and Baby Doll in the Underground, and took over as primary to better ensue Kay's needs. This is later revealed to be the manifestation of depression in disguise as the real Miranda was still deceased, and her mission is to lead all personas to desperation and feeling of hopelessness, with her true goal being suicide by hang. She is defeated by Jane who, with the help of Kay and the other personas still remaining, goes up in a plane (the first way to go up before the construction of the Underground) and take control again in the exact moment Cliff stop Jane from hanging herself (in the first episode of season 3).
  • No One: An aggressive persona, she was able to sense the Fifth Horseman and the Painting before it was activated.
  • Penny Farthing: She speaks with a stutter when on the surface, but speaks without one in the Underground. Her job is to run. A penny farthing is the English name for the early bicycles that had different-sized wheels. In the Underground, this alter is portrayed as British woman dressed in 19th century working-class English clothes.
  • Pepper's Ghost: Unknown.
  • Pretty Polly: Named for the folksong, she wears a black Victorian dress and has X's carved into her eyes.
  • Rain Brain: She speaks in a stream of consciousness and can take on an abstract immaterial form.
  • Scarlet Harlot: A nymphomaniac with the power to create ectoplasm projections and absorb stray psychosexual energy.
  • Sex Bomb: She explodes when sexually aroused.
  • Silver Tongue: Her vocalizations are actualized in silver font, and can then be used as edged weapons.
  • Spinning Jenny: Prone to panic attacks.
  • Stigmata: She bleeds from her hands and feet and relives the church incident endlessly.
  • Sun Daddy: A gigantic figure with a sun for a head with the power to throw fireballs.
  • Sylvia: She bears Jane's feelings of claustrophobia. She is locked inside of a small room, reciting poem fragments. She believes if she can put the fragments together she can use them as a key out of the room. Speak in poetic dark rhythm with a spooky voice when surfaced.
  • The Balladeer: After the apparent deaths of Baby Doll and Flaming Katy, she becomes a mourner to sing the ballad and led a funeral procession to the well. Her station is located in the deepest parts of the Underground that none of the other alters have ever interacted, met, and seen her before the funeral procession.
  • The Engineer: He assists Driver 8 in maintaining the Underground.
  • The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter: An artist with the power to psychically activate her paintings; whose name is taken from the title of an album by the Incredible String Band. She has a Frida Kahlo-esque unibrow. In the Underground, she was dressed like Frida Kahlo.
  • The Nun: A Catholic nun armed with a chainsaw.
  • The Pointman: He assists Driver 8 in maintaining the Underground.
  • The Secretary: A neat and orderly pessimist who rarely shows emotion.
  • The Shapeless Children: Constantly repeats "Daddy don' do it". She is made to constantly relive the trauma of Kay in the deepest part of the Underground.
  • The Signal-Man: Another railroad-themed alter that helps maintain the Underground order. His powers are unknown.
  • The Sin-Eater: She believes she must suffer for her sins. Jane brings her out as a defense when being tortured.
  • The Snow Queen: She has the power to create and shape ice.
  • The Wall Crawler: Unknown. She has only been seen in one of the videotapes of Dr. Caulder's interviews.
  • The Weird Sisters: A three-in-one alter similar to Three Witches. Shown as a Three-Headed Lady.

This is all pasted from Wikipedia, admittedly, but my point here is that she can switch between a wide variety of powers. How that manifests, I dunno. Maybe too much for a stance fighter, but perhaps it could work like Mega Man in Smash sort of does? That feels like a weird thing to say about Dissociative Identity Disorder, but I dunno how else to put it. She also is in the Doom Patrol TV show, and got a bit more popular based off of that, as well.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Bar With No Name will be added as a Marvel stage! I'd like to see this as a stage in an actual Marvel game some day, given how many C- and D-list villains could make cameos. (I'd hope to see some really deep cuts - characters like Turner D. Century, the Death-Throws, or Lady Stilt-Man)

We'll have a poll to determine what Wonder Woman's costumes will be. Half of them overlapped, so I'll be able to list the specific costumes in the poll.

Glad that we got more nominations for the latest job; since we got more than five characters, I'll add the top two this time.

dc women nominations.png

-Black Canary ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Zatanna ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Hawkgirl (@Darkonedagger)
-Power Girl ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Catwoman ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Crazy Jane ( AlRex AlRex )

Vote for your top two; your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Zatanna
2. Power Girl
3. Black Canary

---

Job 49: Superman and/or X-Men trading cards

Submit trading cards for either franchise; each person can submit a total of ten. (so you can do 5 X-Men cards and 5 Superman cards, or 10 Superman cards, but not 10 of each) To avoid overlap, I'll list the cards that we already have:

-Superman (could use a description)
-Lex Luthor (could use a description)
-Jimmy Olsen
-Supergirl

-Wolverine (could use a description)
-Magneto (could use a description)
-Deadpool (could use a description)
-Cyclops (could use a description)
-Gambit (could use a description)
-Magik (could use a description)
-Apocalypse (could use a description)

You can post a description for any character that needs one, or you can post descriptions of new cards, or you can post lists of new cards. (descriptions can be added later)

Job 50: nominate a female Marvel character

This is similar to yesterday's job - the only one that we have so far is Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), so any other Marvel woman qualifies. (there are plenty of options - Avengers, X-Men, street-level heroes and anti-heroes, characters tied to the Fantastic Four, villains...)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Black Canary
2. Power Girl (I think this is actually a really interesting way of soooorta adding Supergirl)
3. Hawkgirl

Decided not to go for Catwoman just taking into account the possibility that we might do a Batman character job

1. Catwoman
2. Black Canary
3. Zatana

Now for fighter submission
Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel/Carol Denvers is a heroine from Marvel Comics and she was used to American jet pilot, but during the events in her comics, her blood got fused with extraterrestrial blood, giving her superpowers.

We got her movie recently in 2019 and her popularity got increased, so she could join the roster.

Her moveset could reference her powers, like her superstrengh for example. Also she could be female shoto fighter.
Her design is Based on MCU incarnation.
I nominate her, because she would be obvious choice for the game, considering that she is one of popular Marvel heroines and her powers could fit in her moveset.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Crazy Jane (Very inspired pick. When it comes to crossover media, Doom Patrol-adjescent characters very rarely seem to make it into them)
2. Hawkgirl
3. Black Canary

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

69-694619_black-widow-aa-render-black-widow-comic-png.png

Black Widow
Natasha Romanoff. Superspy and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. A former member of a deadly group known as the Red Room, Natasha has enhanced abilities. She is a deadly fighter, and possess a number of gadgets. I think we need some more bad ass normal type characters in this game. She is a big name due to her appearances in the MCU. And she'd work well with Black Canary since both have Black in their name and both are troubled vigilantes who have a complicated relationship with archers.

Profiles:
Doomsday
Steel
Manchester Black
Mister Mxyzptlk
Toyman

Kitty Pryde & Lockheed
Dazzler
X-23
Juggernaut
Doop

I'll add descriptions when I can.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
The Bar With No Name will be added as a Marvel stage! I'd like to see this as a stage in an actual Marvel game some day, given how many C- and D-list villains could make cameos. (I'd hope to see some really deep cuts - characters like Turner D. Century, the Death-Throws, or Lady Stilt-Man)

We'll have a poll to determine what Wonder Woman's costumes will be. Half of them overlapped, so I'll be able to list the specific costumes in the poll.

Glad that we got more nominations for the latest job; since we got more than five characters, I'll add the top two this time.

View attachment 357092

-Black Canary ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Zatanna ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Hawkgirl (@Darkonedagger)
-Power Girl ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Catwoman ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Crazy Jane ( AlRex AlRex )

Vote for your top two; your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Zatanna
2. Power Girl
3. Black Canary

---

Job 49: Superman and/or X-Men trading cards

Submit trading cards for either franchise; each person can submit a total of ten. (so you can do 5 X-Men cards and 5 Superman cards, or 10 Superman cards, but not 10 of each) To avoid overlap, I'll list the cards that we already have:

-Superman (could use a description)
-Lex Luthor (could use a description)
-Jimmy Olsen
-Supergirl

-Wolverine (could use a description)
-Magneto (could use a description)
-Deadpool (could use a description)
-Cyclops (could use a description)
-Gambit (could use a description)
-Magik (could use a description)
-Apocalypse (could use a description)

You can post a description for any character that needs one, or you can post descriptions of new cards, or you can post lists of new cards. (descriptions can be added later)

Job 50: nominate a female Marvel character

This is similar to yesterday's job - the only one that we have so far is Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), so any other Marvel woman qualifies. (there are plenty of options - Avengers, X-Men, street-level heroes and anti-heroes, characters tied to the Fantastic Four, villains...)
Sorry I've not been here for a hot minute.

1. Zatanna. I think this one's a pretty obvious choice - Zatanna is a prominent magic-user, a generally rather popular character, and lots of moveset potential given her magical abilities.
2. Hawkgirl. I think one of the hawks should get in, and Hawkgirl seems like a solid pick. A more mobile heavy-hitter like her seems like a really solid character archetype to work with.
3. Crazy Jane. I'm almost certain she's not likely to get in, but I think Jane and co. are such an inherently interesting group of characters by their very nature, and any opportunity to see even one Doom Patrol-adjescent character in the roster is one I'll leap at.

Personally staying away from Catwoman because I want, ideally, to avoid the Batman bias that comes with a lot of DC properties (and I think characters like Cheetah and to an extent Wonder Woman can fulfil roles there a little better, but that's just me.) Big honourable mention comes to Black Canary though.

Job #49:
For Superman's cohort, I'm going to submit:
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk (A wacky, weird and wonderful inclusion!)
  • Ultra-Humanite (the first supervillain, by definition!)
  • Cyborg Superman (just a really weird but fun deep cut, and a SOLID COSTUME IDEA)

And for the X-Men,
  • Sunfire (specifically his 60s-era appearance, yes, the one that looks like Apollo from Persona 2)
  • Mojo (who doesn't like a critique of the media who literally doesn't have a spine?)
  • Spiral (am I slightly biased from MVC?... slightly.)

Job #50:

Character Name: Captain Britain (Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock)
Character Origin: Captain Britain #8 (December, 1976)

Odd choice? I think one part of Marvel's long and storied history that very rarely gets represented, similarly to how I mentioned Doom Patrol earlier, is Marvel's Marvel UK - an imprint of Marvel's work, as well as new works by British creators, that lasted from 1972 to 1995 (and notably introduced creators like Grant Morrison and Alan Moore to the world of comics, who went on to do... quite a lot, shall we say.)

Captain Britain is the... obvious choice for this role. Whilst I came close to submitting Spitfire, Motormouth or Excalibur, I think the perfect representation for such a surprisingly important part of Marvel's history is the poster child of just that. Brian's had his chance to shine, though - so in his place comes someone who was, once, Psylocke!

I think her moveset lends to an interesting potential playstyle depending on how we want to take it. I'd like to imagine her primary weapon of attack, her psionic knife, would take some inspiration from the Nahobino from SMTV with an almost fluid feel as opposed to a rigid "sword." Likewise, she's able to manifest other weapons too, but keeping it primarily focused on her "knife" would be a solid choice. She's also a martial artist, can fire brief psionic blasts, and could easily have a moveset focusing on a combination of rushdown and spacing (which I picture being semi-comparable to a combination of Marth and Sheik.)

Not only this, but she has the potential to bring a lot of unique aspects into the fray. The British end of Marvel is surprisingly vast, and whether it be in the form of stages or trading cards, there's a lot of different things you could play with - whether they be the extended Captain Britain Corps, an incredibly foul-mouthed girl who can walk between universes with special shoes, or John the Skrull, one of the four Skrulls that came to Earth and became the Beatles. (Yeah, that John.)

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot : D!

Gwenpool

Gwen Poole, a high school dropout from a world very similar to our own, found herself in the world of Marvel Comics. (though how it happened is unclear, and it's been retconned several times, with one of those retcons being pointed out in the series itself) Realizing that extras don't have a long life-span, she decided to become a superhero. (or at least a mercenary trying to be a superhero)-

Gwen started out as a normal, if extremely lucky, human who's aware of the fourth wall. However, as she grew accustomed to being in a comic book, she gradually began to take advantage of conventions of the medium, and began weaponizing thought bubbles, flashbacks, and the space in between comic panels. At this point, she can be a full-blown reality warper, though it doesn't always work out - team books seem to be her weakness (since she can't use the full extent of her powers), and her familiarity with comic books often lead to her making wild assumptions that aren't always true, like assuming that a bigoted sheriff is actually hypnotized, replaced by aliens, or part of some other supervillain plot. (normally, that would be true, but the book in question dealt with a lot of social issues).

A lot of people thinks it would be a Deadpool clone but their powers are very different with Gwenpool abusing more of her knowledge in pop culture (and mainly comics) and don't having any class of actual superpower (unless you count the fourth wall breaks).

She's is also canonically a huge fan of both Marvel and DC comics, so it would be cool to include her in this line-up at some point. At the very least, one interaction writes itself:

I want to resubmit my girl Gwen Poole

Now for the votes, I'm going for Power Girl, Crazy Jane and Zatanna

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
squirrel girl cover.png

Squirrel Girl

College student Doreen Green has the power to communicate with squirrels, along with a prehensile furry tail and the proportional speed and strength of a squirrel. This somehow allows her to beat threats like Thanos, Galactus, and Doctor Doom.

Squirrel Girl's a gag character written in response to how comic books got darker and edgier in the 90's. As someone whose superhero adjective is "unbeatable" ("The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl"), she could serve as a gag character who's clearly not taking all of this fighting seriously, similar to Beerus from Dragon Ball FighterZ, or Elizabeth from Persona 4 Arena. (her defeated pose could be sitting back up and pouting, for example)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My card submissions:

Superman:
  • Superman
    • Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman! Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.
  • Clark Kent
    • Mild-mannered reporter from the Daily Planet. Clark Kent was born and raised in Smallville, and this small-town way of life that he's used to is a refreshing change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Metropolis. Well-meaning but clumsy, Clark always manages to disappear whenever there's danger around.
  • Perry White
    • The long-suffering editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet. Tough but fair, Perry runs the Daily Planet, keeping its staff (including Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and Jimmy Olsen) in line.
  • Bizarro
    • Bizarro is a version of Superman from another world where everything is the opposite of Earth. Or maybe he's a flawed clone of Superman. Or perhaps he's some sort of magical creation - his origin stories are as inconsistent as his manner of speaking. The most consistent thing is that he's a dim-witted mockery of Superman who acts in the opposite way of the Man of Steel.
  • General Zod
    • Much like Jor-El, Zod was aware that Krypton was doomed. Unlike Jor-El, he expressed this opinion through an attempted military coup, and was sentenced to imprisonment in the Phantom Zone as a result. Ironically, this made him one of the few survivors of Krypton's destruction. Upon being freed from the Phantom Zone, he focused his rage on the son of the man who jailed him, and intends to make Superman kneel before Zod!
X-Men:

• Colossus
    • Piotr Rasputin is the definition of a gentle giant - massive and kind-hearted. Unlike most of the people who could be described with that phrase, he can also transform his body into steel. Violence is a last resort for him, but when it's time for action, he's commonly known for his team attack with Wolverine, the "Fastball Special".
  • Rogue
    • A mysterious southern belle, Rogue has the power to drain the life energy and powers from whoever she touches. Viewing her powers as a curse, Rogue fell under the influence of Mystique before joining the X-Men. Since then, she's been a loyal and versatile member of the team, able to put the powers that haunted her to good use.
  • Mystique
    • A shape-shifter whose allegiance changes as often as her appearance. Her only loyalty is to her wife Destiny, and beyond that, she'll use and manipulate whoever she needs to in order to get what she wants. She began as the arch-enemy of Carol Danvers, but gradually turned her attention to the X-Men, a group which contains her son Nightcrawler and her adoptive daughter Rogue.
  • Mister Sinister
    • Nathanial Essex was a Victorian era scientist who predicted the rise of mutants, catching the attention of Apocalypse. Since then, his very long life has been dedicated to working for/with Apocalypse while scheming to get rid of him using increasingly convoluted methods.
  • Sauron
    • When you think of "Sauron", the first thing that comes to mind is probably not a pterodactyl man that absorbs energy. However, upon being transformed into a human-dinosaur hybrid, Karl Lykos decided to call himself Sauron, basing his name on the literary villain. Since then, he's been a hindrance to the X-Men and the inhabitants of the Savage Land. While the devices that he uses could be used to cure cancer, he doesn't want to cure cancer - he just wants to turn people into dinosaurs.
---

While I doubt that it will be more difficult to come up with Marvel women, providing examples worked well last time, so I'm going to do it again.

-The Invisible Woman - member of the Fantastic Four, who can turn invisible and create force fields. Thanks to creative applications of those powers, she's the most powerful of the group by all accounts.

-Black Widow - super spy and talented martial artist

-Scarlet Witch - a powerful witch who can warp reality or cause the most improbable things to happen

-She-Hulk - the Hulk's cousin, who gained similar powers but has as much better attitude

-the Wasp - one of the founding Avengers and a prominent leader of the team; she can shrink or grow and fire bioelectric blasts of energy (there's also Nadia van Dyne, her step-daughter who's using the same code-name)

-Mockingbird - a skilled SHIELD agent and one of the founding West Coast Avengers

-Monica Rambeau - a woman who can transform into any spectrum of light, turning herself into laser beams, electromagnetic radiation, and so much more. Also a member of Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.

-Phoenix - one of the original X-Men and a powerful psychic

-Storm - one of the X-Men - a mutant who can control the weather, and she was worshipped as a goddess for it

-Emma Frost - another powerful psychic who can turn her body into diamond

-Rogue - a woman who can absorb the powers (and memories) of others

-X-23 (or Wolverine) - Logan's teenage female clone

-Kitty Pryde - a woman who can turn intangible; she has a pet dragon

-Magik - Colossus's younger sister and a powerful sorcerer with connections to demons

-Mystique - a villainous shape shifter

-America Chavez - she can make portals to other parts of the multiverse by punching (or kicking)

-Kate Bishop - she's currently Hawkeye (so is Clint Barton - I guess they're sharing the codename?), and she's an extremely skilled archer

-Elektra - an assassin and Daredevil's old flame

-Gamora - the deadliest woman in the universe and an adopted daughter of Thanos

-Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - she's the smartest person in the world, he's a massive crimson dinosaur - they fight crime

I could go on, and on, and on, but I think I'll stop there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changed my submission to Black Widow. I still hope we get Storm at some point but we have a few X-Men picks right now

Definitely wanna see a lot of picks get nominated. Wanda vs Zatanna would be great fun.

I'm loving how our roster is shaping up so fsr@

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Yeah, Deadpool counts - I would have nominated him if nobody else did.

Jean Grey/Phoenix

One of the original five X-Men and a powerful telepath and telekinetic, Jean has undergone a lot of changes over the years. Starting out as a newcomer to the team with limited telekinetic capabilities, Jean eventually started a relationship with Scott Summers/Cyclops, leading to the tangled mess that is the Summers family tree. A mission in space led to Jean absorbing a cosmic force of death and rebirth known as the Phoenix Force, and taking on the identity of Phoenix. (this is greatly simplified - X-Men comics and personal histories can get complicated)

Jean can use psychic force bolts to attack from a distance, though games like Marvel vs. Capcom also have her fighting with melee attacks wreathed in the cosmic flame of the Phoenix Force. She can also make constructs of psychic energy, whether it's something relatively simple like blades or something more complex like a flaming bird.
Character Resubmission:Phoenix

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright this time I just didn't had the time to write this calmly, but now I will do it.
MAGIK
Cool as hell sorceress/swordmaster/mutant/ruler of hell/sister of Colossus called Illyana Rasputina. Her abilities and popularity are what she is my choice. Also even if has I said she is very popular I can also see her has a quite surprising character due the existence of other mutants that didn't appeared yet like Storm. She also never had an apparition in Marvel vs Capcom so there are bonus points.
HAWKEYE (KATE BISHOP)
Katherine Bishop, I don't see too much necessary introduce who she is, we already have a very popular series about it, but what I want to say is that even if I love Clint Barton much like Power Girl one of the reasons why I would like to see her is that she could represent a character from the Young Avengers and is always welcome to see new blood in this roster that (for comprensible reasons) is full of old school characters.
Superman:
  • Jimmy Olsen
  • Eradicator
  • Thara Ak-Var (Flamebird)
  • Steel
  • Clark Kent (Definitively-no-Superman)
X-Men:
  • Longshot
  • Dazzler
  • Emma Frost
  • Cloak & Dagger
  • Legion

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
8AF16582-DE0D-47AE-BE2D-CCF53CC91871.jpeg

She-Hulk is pretty fun, so I’ll nominate her. IIRC, she is the female Marvel character who has had the longest-running titles in comics with her in the lead rather than as part of an ensemble, aside from Spider-Girl. Moreover, she brings a more confident, energetic brawler vibe rather than her cousin’s sheer brute force of rage. But also, she has used fourth-wall-breaking abilities in the past, including transcending and breaking panels, so if you wanted to spice things up, you could integrate that sort of thing in there as well. Of course, she’s also a lawyer, but I dunno if you should fully make her like Phoenix Wright. She could smack someone with a suitcase somewhere, though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My Wonder Woman costumes won the poll, so they'll be included. As for the DC character results...

Catwoman: 4
Hawkgirl: 5
Crazy Jane: 11
Power Girl: 13
Black Canary: 18
Zatanna: 21

Snoitalutargnoc, Speed Weed Speed Weed , because Zatanna and Black Canary will be the next additions to the roster!

dc women winners.png

---

We'll be voting on which Marvel women to include, out of the following options:

marvel women nominees.png

-Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) (@Darkonedagger)
-Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock) ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Gwenpool ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Squirrel Girl ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Phoenix (Jean Grey) ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Magik ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-She-Hulk ( AlRex AlRex )
-Storm ( Oddball Oddball )

Vote for your top three; your own can't be in first, and the top two will be included.

1. Captain Marvel
2. Storm
3. Gwenpool

This was a tough one for me; I considered putting most of the nominations in my top three at one point or another. (I had an especially tough time picking the third spot)

---

Job 51: Aquaman moveset

Nominate a moveset idea for Aquaman; I'll post mine later today. Feel free to use the comics, the movies, Injustice games, the Superfriends and Justice League cartoons, etc. as frames of reference

Job 52: Spider-Man's rival

Which DC character will Spider-Man's rival battle put him up against in arcade mode?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Psylocke/Captain Britain
  2. Magik
  3. Carol Danvers
Just like Mega said, it was though decide. Love almost all of them and everyone deserves an spot.

I will write a moveset later, I think Aquaman could be a charge character considering the lack of them in the current moveset.

Top Bottom