• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I love Mega's super and I particullary like how it doesn't has too much grabs, big guys doesn't need to be grapplers everytime, thought I would just like to make a pair of nitpicks:
  • Sonic Clap could also destroy weak projectiles, being a powerful anti-zoning tool.
  • Puny God could use a DP motion or a QCB motion instead of the weird reverse QCF, there are some games who still use it but it's quite janky especially for OS.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 59:

The Court of Owls watches, watches all the time

Ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch, behind granite and lime

They see you at your hearth and they see you at your bed

Speak not a whispered word about them...

Or they'll send the Talon for your head!

Screenshot 2022-07-27 1.15.58 PM.png

The Talon is the bounty hunter working for the mysterious Court of Owls thought only to be legend... Until one shows up to kill Bruce Wayne and his friend Lincoln March. This undead character may just be one of the more recent characters but the emphasis on paranoia and dread he poses will stick with you for a long time(...sssh...did you hear that?)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I love Mega's super and I particullary like how it doesn't has too much grabs, big guys doesn't need to be grapplers everytime, thought I would just like to make a pair of nitpicks:
  • Sonic Clap could also destroy weak projectiles, being a powerful anti-zoning tool.
  • Puny God could use a DP motion or a QCB motion instead of the weird reverse QCF, there are some games who still use it but it's quite janky especially for OS.
Sounds good! I can make those changes.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Oa will be added as a DC stage! Congratulations, @Darkonedagger!

We'll be voting on which stages to include for Marvel, and which costumes to include for Wolverine. I figure that, since we got a good amount of stage nominations, we can do ranked voting for this and include the top two.

-Xandar ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Taa II ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Knowhere (@Darkonedagger)
-The Dark Dimension ( Oddball Oddball )
-The TVA ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

Same as usual; pick your top three, and your own nomination can't be in first.

My votes:
1. The Dark Dimension
2. Taa II
3. The TVA

As for the costumes, here are links to the lists - the yellow-and-blue, brown-and-yellow, and X-Force costumes are in all three of the lists, so I'll just list the others.

-darkonedagger (Patch, Old Man Logan, Weapon X, first appearance)
-Infinity Sorcerer (Patch, Old Man Logan, feral, New X-Men, Soteira)
-Oddball (team uniform, movie costume, civilian, Age of Apocalypse, Darkclaw)

---

We'll be jumping into the next character jobs a little quicker than normal because these jobs will be adding less characters than normal. I made some adjustments to my plans based on the feedback that I got a few weeks ago, and it seemed like people really wanted to see a round for Batman and Spider-Man characters. (particularly villains, but I figured I should leave it open to leave room for characters like Catwoman or Robin)

In order to fit the jobs in, I had to trim some of them down to one character being added per side. However, the fact that we added three Marvel characters in a previous round throws a monkey wrench into things, since it means that I could add an extra DC character anywhere to make the numbers even.

I'm thinking that, if we get an above-average amount of nominations for DC rounds in this round (the average is about seven, so above-average would be eight or more), we'll add a second character. If we don't reach that point for this or any other DC rounds, then I've got a wild-card round for the end, so we can use the extra nomination there.

Long story short - if we get eight or more nominations, then two characters will be added from this round instead of one.

Job 59: nominate a Batman character

At the moment, we've got Batman, Nightwing, the Joker, and Harley Quinn, so any Batman character other than those four qualifies. Batman's got a massive rogues gallery to choose from - the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mister Freeze, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Bane, and that's just characters who made it into the movies! - along with a large supporting cast with characters like Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl, and so many others.

Job 60: nominate a Hulk moveset

Feel free to base this on the comics, movies, games, or whatever else you want to base it on. I'm going to come up with one based on the game The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.
1. The Dark Dimension.
2. The TVA.
3. Xandar.

Job #59:

Character Name: Firefly
Character Origin: Detective Comics Vol. 1, #184 (June, 1952)

1658946049429.png

You have no idea how close I came to unironically submitting Kite Man.

The problem is, there's a lot of obvious choices (Deathstroke, Ivy and Man-Bat jump to mind) so I wanted to suggest someone a little more... unusual, whilst still being relevant enough to not feel like a cheap shot. (Killer Moth was high on my list, for example.)

Firefly, to me, is an interesting case when it comes to Batman villains. The title of the Firefly has been passed between many, but has stood to represent one thing - pyromania. A lot of Batman's villains are said to represent dark reflections of his own nature. Riddler represents his intelligence. Bane represents his strength. Firefly is unique in that it represents that impulse, that tiny little seed, that says "do it." He represents Batman's code, when broken, and I think that makes them a very, very unique character when it comes to interactions.

Pyromania is all well and good to work with, but I think Firefly would also have a very interesting moveset. Firefly's whole deal would be a combination of trapping with napalm bombs, a high degree of manouverability with their jet-pack, and lots of mid-to-long range pressure with fire-based attacks. Essentially, fighting Firefly should feel like you're in a burning building, and should feel like you're outmatched in terms of movement and the like. However, if you can get between the gaps amongst the flames, Firefly's an easy target up close and can't do much to defend themselves. It leads to an interesting scenario where the Firefly needs to try and actively keep opponents trapped, but it doesn't just boil down to "spam PK Fire = win."

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Knowhere
2. Dark Dimension
3. Xandar

Job 59:Poison Ivy

Pamela Isley (AKA Poison Ivy) is a female villain that have plant manipulation and she is Harley Quinn's girlfriend (on some comics and Haley Quinn adult cartoon). Poison Ivy is very popular female batman villain,she appears in every batman games,cartoons and comics,her moveset is same from 2 Injustice games

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It was a close one, but Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Wolverine costumes won the poll! My Hulk moveset wins by default, and I'll add both to the first post.

I've also updated the first post by adding all of the trading cards that have been nominated, and adding any specifically mentioned stage cameos to the action figures section. (I'm thinking it would serve as a model viewer)

Here are the results for the stage vote:

Taa II: 3
TVA: 4
Xandar: 5
Knowhere: 8
Dark Dimension: 16

As a result, the Dark Dimension and Knowhere will be added as stages! Thanks for nominating them, Oddball Oddball and @Darkonedagger!

---

Since we got more than seven nominations, we'll be adding two characters from this line-up instead of one. (So now the numbers should be even going forward)

-Clayface ( Oddball Oddball )
-Catwoman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Ra's al Ghul ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Bane (@Darkonedagger)
-Scarecrow ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Talon ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Firefly ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Poison Ivy ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Deathstroke ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

Vote for your top three, and your own can't be in first.

1. Ra's al Ghul
2. Clayface
3. Poison Ivy

This was a tough one, but I went with Ra's al Ghul and Clayface because I get that Clayface would be a nightmare to animate, but there's so much potential, and I'm honestly surprised that Ra's hasn't made it into Injustice yet. With Poison Ivy, there are a lot of directions that we could go with for a moveset that are different from how she was handled in Injustice 2.

---

Job 61: nominate a Spider-Man character

We're only going to be including one character from this job, though they should all get other chances later. (Among other ideas, I'm planning to have a Marvel vs. Capcom themed round, a round for characters introduced in the new millennium, and a wildcard round at the end)

Much like Batman or Superman, Spider-Man has a large cast of supporting characters that are popular in their own right. From the movies alone, there's Green Goblin (either the Norman or Harry version), Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, the Lizard, Electro, the Rhino, the Vulture, the Shocker, Mysterio, Carnage, Morbius... He's even shares the Kingpin with Daredevil, since Kingpin's an enemy of both of them. Then there's his allies, like Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, or Black Cat, among others.

Job 62: nominate an arcade mode rival for Batman

Pick a Marvel character for Batman to fight before the final boss.

(I was typing this up on my phone and accidentally hit Post, but generally speaking, I find that we don't get many nominations between now and when I'd normally post this, so hopefully it's okay that we start the next set of jobs rather than having me delete this and repost it in a few hours)

Last edited:
1. Clayface
2. Catwoman
3. Poison Ivy

Job 61:
Venom (Spiderman)
Venom/Eddie Brock is a one of Spiderman villains and he is an-alien symbiote that possesses random people like Eddie Brock. He also can bond with inanimate objects like car or animals like T-Rex for example.

He is one of most known Spiderman villains alongside Green Goblin & Dr. Octopus and he got his 2 movies revolving around him. Heck, Eminem made a song about him in 2018.

His moveset could reference his abilities like biting with his jaws or even use his symbiote limbs to beat up the fighter for example. He could even bond the opponent (I acts like possession effect in games) to control to opponent for while (it disable the 2 player's controls).

I think Venom just makes sense to be in this game, considering that his bonding ability could possibly work in a fighting game. Also he could have a lot of costumes that reference his incarnations.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Catwoman
Clayface
Scarecrow

imgbin_dr-otto-octavius-spider-man-marvel-avengers-alliance-kingpin-marvel-comics-png.png

Dr. Octopus
I think he's arms and all his crazy gear gear would open a world of opportunities for moves, plus he's easily one of Spider-man's biggest enemies, top three at least.

dd vs bm.jpg

Batman vs Daredevil

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Catwoman
2. Scarecrow
3. Ivy

Deathstroke 100% needs to get in at some point but calling him a Batman character feels loose.
Img_0205_mysterio_mout.obj.png

Mysterio
Everyone else is gonna do the big three of Goblin, Venom and Doc Ock so heres one of my favourite Spider-Man villians. He has a ton of moveset potential with his illusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Scarecrow
  2. Ra's al Ghul
  3. Talon
The most interesing picks imo. The Court of Owls is a great story (probably the best modern story of Batman) and unlike other characters that are discarted once their story ends, the Court is still active after their arc. Ra's is bias and Scarecrow is plain awesome.
I was considering Daredevil has Batman's rival but since someone already submitted him I will go for Iron Man, usually they are compared more for their civile part than their hero counterpart but that would still be a good choice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to have to read the Court of Owls storyline some time; I've heard good things about it. (also, this thread, combined with me watching episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, got me to read the first few appearances of Ra's al Ghul - they hold up pretty well, and from what I recall of the DCAU version, they were adapted into the animated series extremely faithfully)

---

I'm going to save my Spider-Man nomination for later (I want to give more people a chance to nominate characters), but for Batman's rival, I'm going to suggest Black Panther. Both of them are similar in a lot of ways (wealthy, stealthy, watched their parent(s) die and vowed revenge, have plans for everything to the point of paranoia and causing distrust at times because they consider their teammates to be potential threats, wear a lot of black), to the point where, depending on the costume (and whether or not T'Challa has a cape), you could potentially mistake one for the other going by their silhouettes.

As for what the set-up of the fight would be, it could be anything from the two of them testing each other's skills to distrusting each other and thinking that the other one is a threat.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to give someone else a chance to nominate the Green Goblin, and I'll nominate...

Sandman

Flint Marko was escaping the police when he was exposed to atomic testing (or a particle accelerator in the movies), causing his whole body to turn into sand. (and leading to what is probably the best scene in Spider-Man 3)

Naturally, he decided to use his powers to commit crimes - after all, he's an intangible sand man now, so who could stop him? Spider-Man with a vacuum cleaner, that's who.

Over the years, Sandman's been associated with teams like the Sinister Six, the Frightful Four, Silver Sable's Wild Pack, and the Avengers. (he was a reserve member) He's tried to reform, though villains like the Wizard and Doctor Octopus manage to drag him back into a life of crime.

Sandman can reshape his body however he sees fit, such as basically becoming intangible, growing in size if he has enough sand nearby to draw into himself, turning his limbs into makeshift weapons, or simply burying people in sand. While he's not a full-blown shapeshifter like Clayface (to my knowledge, at least, he doesn't use his powers to transform into other people), there's still a lot that could be done with him.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 61:Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)

Green Goblin (AKA Norman Osborn) is Spider-Man's villain,Norman is the CEO of Oscorp and father of Harry Osborn, Norman took an experimental formaula that enhanced his physical capabilities and his intellect,but also made him go insane. Green Goblin is most iconic spider-man's villain,outside in coms,he appears on various cartoons and games,but the most popular his appearance is the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 1.

Green Goblin never appeared on any Marvel Vs. Capcom game,he might be to the a Marvel fighting game,Green Goblin can be fight with his glider.

Job 62:Iron Man as Batman's Rival

the connections between Batman and Iron Man is both are rich and technology genius superheroes, both have their own companies (Stark Industries and Wayne Enterprises respectively),both are member from a superhero team (Avengers and Justice League respectively) and both have their catchphrases ("i am batman" and "i am iron man" respectively)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
It was a close one, but Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Wolverine costumes won the poll! My Hulk moveset wins by default, and I'll add both to the first post.

I've also updated the first post by adding all of the trading cards that have been nominated, and adding any specifically mentioned stage cameos to the action figures section. (I'm thinking it would serve as a model viewer)

Here are the results for the stage vote:

Taa II: 3
TVA: 4
Xandar: 5
Knowhere: 8
Dark Dimension: 16

As a result, the Dark Dimension and Knowhere will be added as stages! Thanks for nominating them, Oddball Oddball and @Darkonedagger!

---

Since we got more than seven nominations, we'll be adding two characters from this line-up instead of one. (So now the numbers should be even going forward)

-Clayface ( Oddball Oddball )
-Catwoman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Ra's al Ghul ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Bane (@Darkonedagger)
-Scarecrow ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Talon ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Firefly ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Poison Ivy ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Deathstroke ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

Vote for your top three, and your own can't be in first.

1. Ra's al Ghul
2. Clayface
3. Poison Ivy

This was a tough one, but I went with Ra's al Ghul and Clayface because I get that Clayface would be a nightmare to animate, but there's so much potential, and I'm honestly surprised that Ra's hasn't made it into Injustice yet. With Poison Ivy, there are a lot of directions that we could go with for a moveset that are different from how she was handled in Injustice 2.

---

Job 61: nominate a Spider-Man character

We're only going to be including one character from this job, though they should all get other chances later. (Among other ideas, I'm planning to have a Marvel vs. Capcom themed round, a round for characters introduced in the new millennium, and a wildcard round at the end)

Much like Batman or Superman, Spider-Man has a large cast of supporting characters that are popular in their own right. From the movies alone, there's Green Goblin (either the Norman or Harry version), Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, the Lizard, Electro, the Rhino, the Vulture, the Shocker, Mysterio, Carnage, Morbius... He's even shares the Kingpin with Daredevil, since Kingpin's an enemy of both of them. Then there's his allies, like Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, or Black Cat, among others.

Job 62: nominate an arcade mode rival for Batman

Pick a Marvel character for Batman to fight before the final boss.

(I was typing this up on my phone and accidentally hit Post, but generally speaking, I find that we don't get many nominations between now and when I'd normally post this, so hopefully it's okay that we start the next set of jobs rather than having me delete this and repost it in a few hours)
1. Deathstroke. I don't think there's a more perfect matchup against Deadpool - plus, I think Deathstroke would have a lot of potential as a jack-of-all-trades character similar to his role in Injustice 2. Admittedly I wouldn't think of him much as a "Batman Character" but I do think he'd be a fun, if a little obvious, inclusion.
2. Clayface. Yes, he'd be a nightmare to animate, but I imagine Clayface being a little like Twelve from SFIII - being able to copy opponents' models, having bizarre and unusual hitboxes and plenty of interesting mixups. Even so, a heavyweight character would be pretty fun to see here too.
3. Poison Ivy. I think plant-themed characters are always really fun to work with, and Ivy's always been a pretty popular character. Plus, I'd like to imagine that a 2v2 with her and Harley on a team could result in some really fun interactions.

Job #61

Character Name: Big Wheel
Character Origin: Amazing Spider-Man #182 (April, 1978)

1659090564781.png

Given that a lot of the heavy-hitters in Spider-Man's rogues gallery have already been taken, I'm going to do what you all probably expected someone to do and submit Jackson Weele for the roster. This seems utterly ridiculous, I'll admit, but I genuinely think that the Big Wheel would be a very fun inclusion for several reasons.

Firstly, I think that the moveset potential for this character is surprisingly vast. One of the largest characters here, a lot of his moves would have him either using the wheel itself or being able to use the wide variety of tools and equipment that the wheel possesses, such as the ability to climb up walls, and even machine guns and rocket launchers. However, the wheel's also very good at crushing things - easily being able to run over cars - and is able to build up speed pretty quickly, even if it struggles to bring itself to a halt.

1659090960088.png

Secondly, I think the character interactions would be brilliant. Canonically, Jackson's trying to turn over a new leaf, and these days he uses the Big Wheel at monster truck rallies and acts as a spokesperson for Vil-Anon, an anonymous group intended to rehabilitate supervillains. The idea of his interactions resulting in anything from hilarity to admiration is really appealing to me.

Lastly, just... imagine if the Marvel VS. DC game that people have been dreaming of for years had a release trailer for Big Wheel. "Oh where's Green Goblin? Where's Doc Ock?" Nah, you get Big Wheel. I think it'd be hilarious.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Talon: 3
Bane: 4
Deathstroke: 4
Poison Ivy: 7
Clayface: 10
Scarecrow: 11
Catwoman: 13
Ra's al Ghul: 14

Batman villain winners.png

The Head of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul, and Gotham's classiest cat burglar, Catwoman, will be added to the roster! (Thanks to Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , respectively, for nominating them) Ra's really turned things around - he got 9 points in the span of about ten minutes!

---

Spider-Man villains.png

-Venom (Eddie Brock) ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Doctor Octopus ( Oddball Oddball )
-Mysterio (@Darkonedagger)
-Sandman ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Big Wheel ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Spider-Man (Miles Morales) ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )

We'll still do ranked voting, though we'll only include the first place character this time. (keeping it as ranked voting seems like it would make it so all of the characters have more of a chance to get in)

1. Green Goblin
2. Doctor Octopus
3. Mysterio

Here's the poll for Batman's rival:

---

Job 63: suggest an arcade mode ending for Batman and/or Iron Man

I'm going to try to bump these ending jobs up to two at a time, to pick up the pace for these jobs. I'll see what I can think of for their arcade mode endings and post them later.

---

Job 64: suggest a stage for a DC character who doesn't have one

To even out the amount of stages between the Marvel and DC sides (since we added two for Marvel and one for DC), I figured I'd have a DC stage nomination period to cover a character who doesn't have a stage yet. As of now, that list consists of:

-the Joker
-Lex Luthor
-Harley Quinn
-Raven
-Nightwing (unless you count the Batcave)
-Plastic Man
-John Constantine
-Zatanna
-Black Canary
-Ra's al Ghul
-Catwoman (unless you count the Batcave)

D

Deleted member

1. Goblin
2. Doc Ock
3. Venom

In a general marvel roster or if we had a bigger roster I'd be all for Miles but it's just hard to justify him with the slots we have left.

I'll submit a stage later

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Venom
  2. Doc Ock
  3. Miles
Agree with Dagger btw, suprising that Ra's did that well, didn't expected it but its a pleaseant surpirse, would like to see Talon or Scarecrow made in has DLC eventually though.

I would resubmit the Arkham Assylum for Joker/Harley Quinn stage.
I think that this is the most obvious choice.
Arkham Assylum
There is not too much to say, the place where different Villains (mostly of Batman) are prissioned. The fight would be inside with different villains would appear here has cameos like Killer Croc, Bane, Two Faces and even playable characters like the Joker if isnt in the fight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Batman_the_Deadliest_Man_Alive_Film_DCTU.jpg
Lazarus Pit
A green pool of mystical liquid that Ra's uses to stay alive. It's a pretty important element of Batman lore, being how Jason Todd was brought back to life.

The fight takes place in an underground temple with the pit in it. Various League of Assassin Ninjas and characters like Nobu and Taila watch the battle.

Little surprised Ra's won but its cool to see a villian who wasn't in Injustice.

I think going forward it would be neat to see some villians from other DC heroes rouges galleries since we have three Batman rouges. Wonder Woman/Flash/GL all agve great options. But I do love how our roster is shaping up.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My nomination for Batman's arcade mode ending:

The Kingpin returns to his New York City penthouse, commenting on the orchestra performance that he had just been at. He turns on the light, but the power's out. By the light of the moon, a pointy-headed silhouette can be seen by the window. Batman warns Kingpin that he'll always be watching, and when Fisk goes to pull a gun, Batman's gone.

Annoyed, Fisk goes to pull up his files on these new superheroes that have showed up from some other universe to see what information he's gathered about this "Batman" character (paper copies - he's old-fashioned, and digital files are too easily traced), but when he goes to check on them, all of his files are missing. We cut to Batman gliding away from Fisk's penthouse with the files in a satchel as he thinks that he won't have much use for the files on people from his universe, but he doesn't want them in Fisk's hands, and the files on heroes and villains from Fisk's universe might come in handy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was actually planning on submitting a character this round, but never got around to it. There's no way they would have won and I think they have a good shot for later rounds, so it's not a big deal, but I'm a touch disappointed I didn't submit in time (this would have been a really fun inclusion). Anyways...

Doc Ock
Mysterio
Sandman

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My nomination for Iron Man's arcade mode ending:

Iron Man arrives at Terrifictech, thanking Mr. Terrific for meeting him on such short notice. Looking for business opportunities, Tony discovered that there was a list of the smartest humans in this other universe, and decided to work through it in order to find people who were willing to collaborate. The top two (Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne) weren't approachable, to say the least, but he's hoping he'll have more luck here.

Having looked up videos of the T-Spheres in action, Tony thinks that, with Stark Industries helping with mass production and a few adjustments to remove anything dangerous, these T-Spheres could be huge - big enough to replace the personal computer within a few years. Mr. Terrific is reluctant to mass produce T-Spheres, but he's done his own research on the most intelligent people of the Marvel universe, and that combined with Tony's enthusiasm has him willing to do a trial run. Within a few months, it's clear that these new ST-Spheres are a huge hit.

Stage Nomination: Titans Tower

A building shaped like a giant capital T, this is the base of the Teen Titans. The fighting takes place in the meeting room, with statues made to honour deceased members of the team in the background.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Iron Man Ending
Tony Stark was fascinated by all the new technologies he saw while in the merged world.

He is contacted by his old friend Reed Richards, aka Mr. Fantastic. He introduces him to Ted Kord, aka the Blue Beetle, and Michael Holt, aka Mister Terrific, who have also been fascinated by the other world's technologies.

Together they they share technologies. They work as a Future Foundation, working to make their worlds a safer place

Typed this at the same time as Megadomer oops.

I like Jamie most as Blue Beetle but Ted fits the best here

LexCorp (Superman series)
1659118267269.png
LexCorp is a fictional company from Superman comics and it's owned and created by Lex Luthor. It locates in Metropolis on planet Earth.
The headquarters of the company are towers that are shown on this picture.

The stage could take place inside the tower. The cameos are workers who work here in this company.

LexCorp tower could make sense as a stage considering that we could have a stage that takes place in Metropolis, one of most known settings in Superman comics.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This latest vote was a close one - I had to double check to make sure that I counted the votes correctly, because there was a very small difference between the top two.

Miles Morales: 2
Big Wheel: 3
Mysterio: 5
Sandman: 6
Green Goblin: 12
Venom: 15
Doctor Octopus: 17

Otto Octavius will be added to the line-up! Congratulations, Oddball Oddball !

Spider-Man villain winner.png

Batman's arcade mode rival fight will be against Iron Man. My Batman ending wins by default, and we'll have a poll to determine whether we'll use my Iron Man ending or Darkonedagger's Iron Man ending.

In addition, we'll also have a poll for which new stage we'll use, out of the following:

-Arkham Asylum
-The Lazarus Pit
-Titans Tower
-LexCorp

---

Job 65: cards for Aquaman, Green Lantern, the Hulk, and Thor

Like last time, I'm covering more than one franchise per company. You can list a maximum of ten cards in total, just like before.

Currently, we have:
-Aquaman (could use a description)
-Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (could use a description)
-Parallax (could use a description)

-The Hulk (could use a description)
-Thor (could use a description)
-She-Hulk
-Korg (could use a description)

So anyone else is fair game, or you could add a description to cards that don't have one.

Job 66: submit a moveset for Green Lantern

Same as usual; feel free to use any media as a reference. You could even use Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern movie as a basis for his moves if you wanted to, though that would likely require you to watch/rewatch it, and who would want to do that?

Discussion: how should we handle story mode?

I want to get an idea of what people think, now that we're about 3/4 of the way through the roster. I'm assuming this is going to be a storyline like Injustice or Mortal Kombat (where there are twelve chapters, each having 3 or 4 fights and focusing on a different character), but should we:
  • just stick with the summary we have now?
  • go chapter-by-chapter? (making suggestions for chapter 1, waiting a bit, making suggestions for chapter 2, etc.)
  • wait until the roster's done and sort out the whole story mode then?
  • do something else that I haven't thought of

I figure the story mode wouldn't be too in-depth or get too deep into character conflicts, difficult morality questions, etc. like Injustice would (it seems fairly straightforward - the heroes want to stop Thanoseid, Thanoseid wants ultimate power, and the villains have their own schemes that bring them into conflict with the heroes and Thanoseid), but I figure it's worth discussing.

(I'm not sure if doing it chapter-by-chapter would lead to it feeling disjointed, or becoming really rushed once we get to chapters 11 or 12; I have ideas for chapter 1 and chapter 12, though I'm not sure what would go between them yet)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will do a Green Lantern moveset later.

For the story, imo the summary is alright, in any case I think wait for the complete story would be the other option.

Aquaman
  • Black Manta
  • Mera
Green Lantern
  • Sinestro
  • Kyle Rayner (White Lantern)
  • Atrocitus
Hulk
  • Abomination
Thor
  • Loki
  • Odin
  • Freya

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • The Hulk (Marvel)
    • "When Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was caught in the radiation of the gamma bomb that he designed, he found himself transformed into some kind of hulking monster - a "Hulk", so to speak. The Hulk is all of Bruce's repressed rage from his abusive childhood, so the few times that people are nice to him, he'll protect them with all of his considerable might. However, he's impulsive, quick to anger, and doesn't listen well to others, which means that he's fought heroes almost as often as he has fought villains."
  • Joe Fixit (Marvel)
    • "One of Bruce Banner's split personalities, Joe Fixit is often seen with the Hulk's original gray colouring. Well-spoken, though he talks like he stepped out of a gangster movie, Joe can often be found wearing pinstripe suits, and originally worked as a mob enforcer at a casino."
  • Maestro (Marvel)
    • "In the distant future, the Hulk lost everything in a nuclear war. Combining Banner's intelligence and the Hulk's hatred of humanity, he became a brutal warlord ruling over the nuclear wasteland. Maestro has tried to corrupt his past self, trying to twist Bruce or the Hulk into something like himself, though if that plan devolves into a fight, he has greater strength than the present Hulk and more experience."
  • Betty Ross (Marvel)
    • "The daughter of General "Thunderbolt" Ross, Betty Ross was a meek woman who was in love with Bruce Banner despite her father's disapproval. Kidnapped by M.O.D.O.K., the head of AIM used Betty as a weapon to defeat the Hulk, turning her into a monstrous harpy. Since then, she's lost her powers, married Bruce, died, been revived, turned into a Red She-Hulk, and is currently a mix between the two as a Red Harpy. Needless to say, being near the Incredible Hulk has a tendency to make life complicated."
  • The Mighty Thor (Jane Foster) (Marvel)
    • "A nurse hired by Donald Blake, Jane Foster was in love with Thor, not knowing that he was Dr. Blake. After being diagnosed with cancer, Jane was called by Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and upon lifting it, she gained the powers of Thor. However, those powers came at a cost - every time she became Thor, the chemicals from her chemotherapy were purged from her body, meaning that she was living on borrowed time."
  • Angela (Marvel)
    • "Thor's sister, Angela was kidnapped by the queen of the tenth realm, Heven, and after believing Angela to be dead, Odin severed Heven from the World Tree to separate it from the other realms. Being pulled from Heven due to space and time being fractured, Angela was eventually reunited with her birth family, even serving as the queen of Hel for a time."
  • Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm) (DC)
    • "Kaldur'ahm is the son of Black Manta, who rejected his father's legacy to side with Manta's arch-enemy, Aquaman. In addition to being able to change into an amphibious state once he touches water, he can also create water constructs. He's living proof that blood isn't always thicker than water."
  • King Shark (DC)
    • "Nanaue is the son of a shark god. Starting out as an enemy of Superboy, King Shark came into conflict with Aquaman and joined teams like the Suicide Squad or the Secret Six. Planning and strategy aren't his forte - if he sees an opening, he's going to charge in and bite as many people as possible."
  • Larfleeze (DC)
    • "The only member of the Orange Lantern Corps. Upon discovering the Orange Central Power Battery, Larfleeze became consumed by its nature of greed. He creates the rest of the Orange Lantern Corps. as constructs of the people that he has killed over the eons."
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) (DC)
    • "Jessica Cruz suffered from crippling anxiety after barely escaping an encounter with mobsters that left her friends dead. Unwillingly being chosen by the villainous Power Ring of Earth-3 after the death of its previous wielder, the ring possessed her body, but she managed to find the will to overcome the ring's influence and her own fears. This eventually led to her becoming a new Green Lantern."
I'm not sure if King Shark is a bit of stretch, but he has been part of Aquaman's cast at one point, and I wanted to include him in here somehow.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Rather than editing it into my previous post, I'm going to post my Green Lantern moveset here to avoid making the post too long.

Green Lantern moveset

Unique Ability: Green Lantern's Light! - Green Lantern inserts his ring into the power battery that appears in front of him. The battery lights up before disappearing, and for a short time, Hal's special moves are powered up. The time is indicated by a bar below his unique ability icon. I'll list the powered up versions in brackets and italics.

Highball (back, forward, attack) - Hal constructs a baseball and pitches it forward - it explodes on contact with an opponent. (if powered up by Green Lantern's Light, the ball splits into three separate balls, making it harder to avoid)

Human Starburst (down, up, attack) - Hal flies into the air, releasing the ring's energy in a circular explosion. (if powered up by Green Lantern's Light, the explosion is larger, and bounces opponents off of the ground)

Tractor Beam (quarter circle forward + attack) - Hal scoops the opponent up with a tractor beam and flings them over his head, smashing them into the ground behind him; the tractor beam is aimed diagonally upwards. (if powered up by Green Lantern's Light, the range is longer and he slams the opponent into the ground behind him before slamming them in front of himself, back where they started)

Willpower Wall (down, down, attack) - raising his arm in the air, Hal creates a brick wall that rises out of the ground, negating projectile attacks and damaging whoever's directly in front of him. (if powered up by Green Lantern's Light, the wall is larger, and falls forward after forming so that the attack has more range)

Emerald Illusion (quarter circle back + attack) - a counter, where Hal crosses his arms and laughs. If the opponent attacks, "Hal" turns green and fades, revealing that it was an illusion as the real Green Lantern turns visible behind them and hits them with a laser. (if powered up by Green Lantern's Light, he creates a jet engine instead of a laser beam, which deals more damage as a multi-hit attack)

Level 1: In Brightest Day (half circle forward + attack) - Hal creates a miniature green sun in front of himself. The sun rapidly deals small amounts of damage to the enemy if they're touching it, and it stays out for a bit after Hal summons it before collapsing, allowing him to use it to mix up his opponents.

Level 2: Danger Zone (half circle back + attack) - Hal constructs a jet, which flies overhead dropping bombs on the stage. This has a long range, but if the opponent's far enough away from Hal, it moves slowly enough that there's time to block it

Level 3: Beware My Power (press all buttons) - Hal creates a giant spring on the ground in front of him, which launches whoever's standing on it upwards. This can't be blocked, but it doesn't have a great range. If the opponent is launched up by the spring, it transitions to a cutscene where they float upwards towards a massive construct of a power battery, created by the Green Lantern Ring. Chains shoot out of the battery, dragging the opponent towards it. The battery crumples and implodes, dragging the enemy into the center of the implosion. They're crushed by the debris before being launched back down to the stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom