• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer Hey I would like to join into this but looking that you already made a write for the girl that I wanted to submit (Gwenpool), can I just use yours?, if not then I will just write it myself.
Sure, you can use part of it or all of it if you want. (there are probably some things that I missed, so feel free to add to it)

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot : D!

Gwenpool

Gwen Poole, a high school dropout from a world very similar to our own, found herself in the world of Marvel Comics. (though how it happened is unclear, and it's been retconned several times, with one of those retcons being pointed out in the series itself) Realizing that extras don't have a long life-span, she decided to become a superhero. (or at least a mercenary trying to be a superhero)-

Gwen started out as a normal, if extremely lucky, human who's aware of the fourth wall. However, as she grew accustomed to being in a comic book, she gradually began to take advantage of conventions of the medium, and began weaponizing thought bubbles, flashbacks, and the space in between comic panels. At this point, she can be a full-blown reality warper, though it doesn't always work out - team books seem to be her weakness (since she can't use the full extent of her powers), and her familiarity with comic books often lead to her making wild assumptions that aren't always true, like assuming that a bigoted sheriff is actually hypnotized, replaced by aliens, or part of some other supervillain plot. (normally, that would be true, but the book in question dealt with a lot of social issues).

A lot of people thinks it would be a Deadpool clone but their powers are very different with Gwenpool abusing more of her knowledge in pop culture (and mainly comics) and don't having any class of actual superpower (unless you count the fourth wall breaks).

She's is also canonically a huge fan of both Marvel and DC comics, so it would be cool to include her in this line-up at some point. At the very least, one interaction writes itself:

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Constantine
2. Static
3. Plastic Man

Job 38:Punisher

Frank Castle (AKA Punisher) is a vigilant that uses guns, espionage and murder,and Frank had a wife and a son dead by Italian mobster shootout in central park.

Punisher is very famous marvel character, he appears in various video games,cartoons,3 movies made before the MCU and the most known:an original Netflix series

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Posting this a little bit earlier than normal, as I'll be busy this afternoon. The results are in for the DC vote:

Cyborg Superman: 2
Ragdoll: 2
Ra's al Ghul: 3
Starro: 4
Big Barda: 5
Static: 5
Penguin: 6
Clayface: 9
Constantine: 12
Plastic Man: 12

Congratulations to @Darkonedagger and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer , because our next additions will be Plastic Man and John Constantine!

non Injustice winners.png

I'll be interested to see what people come up with when we get to Constantine's moveset, because I'm not familiar with the character at all. My only knowledge comes from watching the Keanu Reeves movie, and by my understanding, that would be like basing all of my Deadpool knowledge on X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

---

We've got considerably more nominations today than what we usually have. (normally, it averages to about 8 per round) I'm probably still only going to add two characters from this line-up because there's not a lot of wiggle room at the moment. (I've changed my plans for the character nomination rounds since I last posted them) Still, we'll see how the results turn out; I could limit a future round to one character for the Marvel side when it would have been two, or I could bump the total roster up to fifty.

non MvC.png

-Daredevil (@Darkonedagger)
-Nightcrawler ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Loki ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-The Vision ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Howard the Duck ( AlRex AlRex )
-Blade ( Oddball Oddball )
-The Scarlet Witch ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
-The Thing ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Ms. Marvel ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Gwenpool ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-The Punisher ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Namor ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Same rules as normal - vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. The Thing
2. Ms. Marvel
3. Gwenpool

I had a tough time deciding between these three, even during the nomination period, but Gwenpool would be a fun addition (especially seeing her geek out over DC characters - she's kind of like us if we were transported into the middle of a Marvel/DC crossover), and I want to avoid making the same mistake (for the lack of a better word) that Marvel vs. Capcom made when they didn't include any of the Fantastic Four. Also,

---

Job 39: Iron Man costumes

Same as usual for these costume jobs; you can submit anywhere from 1 to 7 alternate costumes for Iron Man, along with showing what his default costume would be. (the reason why I say 1 to 7 instead of just 7 is because not every character is going to have enough material for seven costumes - they have so far, but some characters might be more limited)

---

Job 40: character intros

Part of the fun when it comes to crossover games is seeing characters interact with each other; while some of that can be covered in story mode, there's also pre-match dialogue and win quotes to consider. Here are some examples from Injustice 2:

I'm thinking we could go in an A->B->A format, like so:

Batman: It's time for your training.
Spider-Man: Were you bitten by a radioactive bat? Ooh, can you use echolocation?
Batman: ...And here I thought Nightwing was chatty...

(I figure that Injustice is a good model to work off of; some comments might get reused, but it feels more like a conversation)

As seen in the video, characters can have multiple conversations and go in either order, so feel free to come up with ideas for any combination of characters, even if a combination has already been used by someone else.

Feel free to make them as serious or as silly as you want, within reason (some characters might not work well for one tone or the other), and you don't have to limit it to cross-franchise quotes - if you want to have an intro between Batman and the Joker, or Wolverine and Magneto, or Doctor Doom and Doctor Doom, then you can.

I'll probably save victory quotes for later, to avoid cramming too much into one job.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Punisher
Blade
Daredevil

Mark 7.jpg
Default armor (movie armor Mark 7)

Mainframe.jpg
Mainframe

Iron Lantern.jpg
Iron Lantern

Silver Centurion.png
Silver Centurion

Stealth Armor.jpg
Stealth Armor

Model 1.png
Original Armor

90s armor.png
Modular Armor (aka the 90s suit)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Votes:
  1. Daredevil
  2. Blade
  3. Loki
Iron Man Costumes:
Default (All New Alll Different)
1660851177950.png
Mark 1
1658076702004.png
Modular Armor
1662783489809.png
Mark 50
1660850963234.png
Iron Destroyer
Iron-Tech Armor (Ultimate)
1662809549052.png
Mark 85 (Endgame)
Makeshift Armor
While we didn't discussed alternative colors, I wanted to add some palette concepts for some skins, making reference to other characters or other Iron Man armors.
  • All New All Different:
    • Blue and Silver: Reference Rescue
    • Red, Gold and Black: Reference Iron Heart.
    • Silver and Green: Reference Infamous Iron Man
  • Mark 1
    • Gold: Reference the Mark 2
    • Red and Gold: Reference the Hulkbuster
  • Modular Armor:
    • All Black: Reference the Mark 7 (Stealth Suit)
    • Silver and Red: Reference the Mark 8 (Silver Centurion)
  • Mark 50:
    • Black and Gold: Reference the Mark 42
    • Red and Gold: Reference the Mark 51
  • Iron Destroyer:
    • Red and Silver: Reference Iron Hammer
  • Iron Tech Armor:
    • Red and Gold: Reference the NR-Phantom .9d M.A.G. Armor
  • Mark 85:
    • Gray: Reference the Mark 2 of the MCU
    • Red and Silver: Reference the Mark 5 of the MCU
    • Gold and Red: Reference the Mark 42 of the MCU

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try my hand at a few introductions:

Doctor Doom vs. Doctor Doom:

Doom 1: "Ah, another malfunctioning Doombot."
Doom 2: "Fool! I am the real Doom!"
Doom 1: "We shall see about that."

Black Panther vs. Batman:

Batman: "How did you get into the Batcave?"
Black Panther: "There are several flaws in your security system."
Batman: "You're going to tell me what they are, one way or another."

Thor vs. Wonder Woman:

Wonder Woman: "Now you face an Amazon warrior!"
Thor: "I have heard many tales of your people's valour from mighty Hercules!"
Wonder Woman: "...You're friends with that monster?!"

Doctor Doom vs. Lex Luthor:

Doom: "If you're the smartest man on your Earth, then conquering it should be child's play."
Luthor: "Big talk, considering you're not even the smartest man on your Earth."
Doom: "You dare?!"

Magneto vs. the Joker:

Magneto: "Now you face the master of magnetism!"
Joker: "So you're the one who's been ruining all of my VHS tapes!"
Magneto: "Silence, cur."

Lex Luthor vs. the Joker:

Joker: "So who's your barber? I want to know who to avoid."
Luthor: "It's times like this where I don't know why I team up with you..."
Joker: "You're such a grump... Let's put a smile on that face!"

Superman vs. Shazam:

Superman: "You ready for some sparring, Billy?"
Shazam: "Ready as I'll ever be..."
Superman: "Relax, you'll do fine!"

Shazam vs. Deadpool:

Deadpool: "You remind me of someone... Oh, right - Adam Warlock!"
Shazam: "You reek of dark magic!"
Deadpool: "Yeah, that's my ex-wife. She married Dracula after the divorce - long story."

Wolverine vs. Magneto:

Magneto: "Now you face the master of magnetism!"
Wolverine: "Don't need a team to take you down, bub."
Magneto: "Leave before I strip the adamantium from your very bones - again."

Doctor Strange vs. Raven:

Strange: "I sense a powerful darkness..."
Raven: "My 'inheritance' from my father."
Strange: "Allow me to help with controlling it."

Nightwing vs. Doctor Doom:

Nightwing: "So who else is from your world? Senator Slaughter? Professor Peril? Baron Blood?"
Doom: "Insolent whelp! Only one of those three is an actual person!"
Nightwing: "Wait, seriously?"

Lex Luthor vs. Iron Man:

Iron Man: "Here's some advice - don't cheap out on your armour."
Luthor: "This battlesuit costs more than you could comprehend."
Iron Man: "Then try investing in a helmet!"

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Posting this a little bit earlier than normal, as I'll be busy this afternoon. The results are in for the DC vote:

Cyborg Superman: 2
Ragdoll: 2
Ra's al Ghul: 3
Starro: 4
Big Barda: 5
Static: 5
Penguin: 6
Clayface: 9
Constantine: 12
Plastic Man: 12

Congratulations to @Darkonedagger and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer , because our next additions will be Plastic Man and John Constantine!

View attachment 356692

I'll be interested to see what people come up with when we get to Constantine's moveset, because I'm not familiar with the character at all. My only knowledge comes from watching the Keanu Reeves movie, and by my understanding, that would be like basing all of my Deadpool knowledge on X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

---

We've got considerably more nominations today than what we usually have. (normally, it averages to about 8 per round) I'm probably still only going to add two characters from this line-up because there's not a lot of wiggle room at the moment. (I've changed my plans for the character nomination rounds since I last posted them) Still, we'll see how the results turn out; I could limit a future round to one character for the Marvel side when it would have been two, or I could bump the total roster up to fifty.

View attachment 356688

-Daredevil (@Darkonedagger)
-Nightcrawler ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Loki ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-The Vision ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Howard the Duck ( AlRex AlRex )
-Blade ( Oddball Oddball )
-The Scarlet Witch ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
-The Thing ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Ms. Marvel ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Gwenpool ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-The Punisher ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Namor ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Same rules as normal - vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. The Thing
2. Ms. Marvel
3. Gwenpool

I had a tough time deciding between these three, even during the nomination period, but Gwenpool would be a fun addition (especially seeing her geek out over DC characters - she's kind of like us if we were transported into the middle of a Marvel/DC crossover), and I want to avoid making the same mistake (for the lack of a better word) that Marvel vs. Capcom made when they didn't include any of the Fantastic Four. Also,

---

Job 39: Iron Man costumes

Same as usual for these costume jobs; you can submit anywhere from 1 to 7 alternate costumes for Iron Man, along with showing what his default costume would be. (the reason why I say 1 to 7 instead of just 7 is because not every character is going to have enough material for seven costumes - they have so far, but some characters might be more limited)

---

Job 40: character intros

Part of the fun when it comes to crossover games is seeing characters interact with each other; while some of that can be covered in story mode, there's also pre-match dialogue and win quotes to consider. Here are some examples from Injustice 2:

I'm thinking we could go in an A->B->A format, like so:

Batman: It's time for your training.
Spider-Man: Were you bitten by a radioactive bat? Ooh, can you use echolocation?
Batman: ...And here I thought Nightwing was chatty...

(I figure that Injustice is a good model to work off of; some comments might get reused, but it feels more like a conversation)

As seen in the video, characters can have multiple conversations and go in either order, so feel free to come up with ideas for any combination of characters, even if a combination has already been used by someone else.

Feel free to make them as serious or as silly as you want, within reason (some characters might not work well for one tone or the other), and you don't have to limit it to cross-franchise quotes - if you want to have an intro between Batman and the Joker, or Wolverine and Magneto, or Doctor Doom and Doctor Doom, then you can.

I'll probably save victory quotes for later, to avoid cramming too much into one job.
Job #38:

1. Namor. I'm aware that, at first, Namor might not seem like a massively important choice - but the Sub-Mariner is a vastly important piece of Marvel's history, being featured in Marvel Comics #1. Not only this, but he actually does have a lot of potential depending on how we look at him. Early appearances suggest that he has the abilities of essentially any aquatic life - so having something like a shocking electric eel-based attack could be quite fun. He may seem simple in concept, but I think Namor would be a truly interesting addition - this isn't even getting into his interesting relations to the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, as well as his unusually neutral nature in comparison to other characters out there that could lead to fun interactions.

2. The Vision. This may seem like somewhat of an odd choice, but I think the Vision lends exceedingly well to a fighting game - his ability to phase through attacks working as an interesting spot-dodge, and perhaps even a mechanic allowing him to increase his defence by increasing his density? Also, random point, but I think that Aarkus the Vision as a special costume would be very fun (despite technically not working but screw it why not.)

3. Howard the Duck. To be completely honest, there's so many ways this could work that I'd love to see all of them. The idea of Howard using his ridiculously large arsenal of stuff, as well as his own story being a lot more comedic than some of the more serious picks out there, would be quite fun - and frankly, the idea of his 1982 movie look being an alternate costume for him is just too brilliant to pass up.

Job #39:
Iron Man has some difficulties when you think about his alts, because as brilliant as it would be to represent some of his most well-known looks, them having similar colour palettes - or in some cases being different in build - makes it difficult to really handle him. Nonetheless, I'm going to try to go for alts that would all look quite unique, so here goes nothing:

1. The Default Suit (Mark XLVI.)

1658087250765.png

I decided it'd be a good call to have Iron Man's default suit be his look from Civil War as opposed to from Infinity War, which I'm aware is likely a very... odd choice. However, the reason I've suggested this is simple - I wanted to have a mix of "bulkiness" and "slimness" to give the most lee-way when actually adding costumes. The MK LXXXV, for instance - whilst being more modern and arguably "relevant" - is a lot slimmer, and this would really shut the door for some unique Iron Man looks purely based on the hitboxes. So... yeah, it's kind of a compromise. The more muted colours compared to my second pick, though, do make it an effective counter despite having the "red and gold" colour scheme.

2. The Comic Suit (Model 3.)

1658086025905.png

Based more directly on Iron Man's early comic appearances, and featured prominently in his first self-titled comic, Iron Man #1, I think this would be different enough from the default, movie-based look to be functional in a fighting game. Being much more colourful and, if we could, going for a cel-shaded style to really capture the classic look (similar to the Classic Spider-Man costume seen in the PS4 game!), I think this would be a very fun inclusion. In keeping with wanting each "colour scheme" to be unique, I'm electing not to add Iron Man 2020 in the base game - as much as I would love to.

2. The Mark I Suit.

1658085644179.png
1658085624925.png
1658085734712.png

Whilst I considered going for a gold look to represent his appearance in Avengers #1, I felt that his silver look was more important to represent overall. Whilst I love the look it has in the film and would adore keeping more mechanical components like that, I suggest that it's more comic-based so that it can be slightly less bulky and more in line with the "normal" look.

4. The Silver Centurion Suit (Model 8.)
1658086220546.png

Originating from Iron Man #200, the Silver Centurion look is quite a unique one for Iron Man - it was featured in Iron Man 2, was a major story element in the Armor Wars storyline, and has been featured quite a lot since then. Overall, I think that it'd be a good representation of the mid-80s in Iron Man's armoury - and has a really cool and unique look of its own. I did briefly consider replacing this with the Iron Lad suit, despite it not really being Tony himself, but I felt this would be a better choice.

5. Mark 42.

1658087054642.png

A more modern, but still very clean, look. Black and gold just works really well together, and I think it helps that this looks more like a movie-based one (with a lot of my suggestions until now being comic-based as opposed to movie-based.) Not much to say, I just quite like it.

6. Endo-Sym Armour.

1658086438523.png

This generally just looks very, very clean. I really like the look of it, and the idea of having at least one costume that lets us see the man behind the Iron Mask is really appealing to me. Seeing this sort of suit would be really cool - an idea I had was that when being attacked with this suit, small droplets of steel come from the back similar to the "sweat" from Mortal Kombat for the SNES - representing the liquidy-nature of the suit itself whilst not having any actual effect on gameplay. It'd be a very fun inclusion.

7. Iron Patriot.

1658087770854.png

Probably a slightly controversial choice, but given we don't yet have Rhodey (and I'm not 100% sure we will), I wanted to essentially cover all bases where possible. So, yeah - this would usually be a War Machine costume, but in this case, the livery goes to Iron Man. No particular additions of note at all - it's kind of just "another colour scheme" after all - but I think this would be fun.

8. Tony Stark/Makeshift Armour.

1658086689201.png
1658086772947.png

I mentioned back with the Endo-Sym armour that it'd be very cool to see "the man behind the mask", and I think this costume would be a wonderful way to show off the nature of Tony Stark not just as a hero or a philanthropist, but as a skilled engineer and technician. Based on his look in both the Iron Man movie and Marvel's Avengers's Makeshift Armour, it'd be similar enough to not be too problematic. I guess this somewhat depends on what we're using in terms of Iron Man's moveset - so if his shoulder-mounted missiles are in use, for instance, it'd be a good idea to give him shoulderpads that would work like that. Just, I think this sort of "suit" would be very, very fitting.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There isn't a limit on how many introductions we can do, so I've got a few more ideas, mainly for mirror matches. (I have fun with writing these)

Hulk vs. Hulk (1):

Hulk 1: "Hulk smash you!"
Hulk 2: "Let me take the wheel, and we'll show all those puny humans why they shouldn't mess with us."
Hulk 1: "You're not Hulk! Hulk is Hulk!"

Hulk vs. Hulk (2):

Hulk 1: "The Leader wants you back in your cell."
Hulk 2: "Hulk smash copy!"
Hulk 1: "This'll be fun..."

Spider-Man vs. Spider-Man:

Spider-Man 1: "Another me? Could you be a..."
Spider-Man 2: "Please don't say clone..."
Spider-Man 1: "I was going to go with 'time traveler', actually."

Black Panther vs. Black Panther:

Black Panther 1: "You're alive? Impossible!"
Black Panther 2: "Throwing me off a cliff isn't enough to kill me."
Black Panther 1: "Then I'll have to stab you in the heart!"

Thor vs. Thor:

Thor 1: "This must be the work of foul Loki!"
Thor 2: "Lies! I am the true son of Odin!"
Thor 1: "This shall be decided with combat!"

The Joker vs. The Joker (1):

Joker 1: "We'd make a great double act!"
Joker 2: "There's only room on the stage for one headliner."
Joker 1: "Then I'm afraid you'll be cut from the next performance."

The Joker vs. The Joker (2):

Joker 1: "Clayface, is that you?"
Joker 2: "Please, you think I'm that amateur?"
Joker 1: "I'll just find out who you are the fun way!"

Magneto vs. Magneto:

Magneto 1: "You have grown soft, complacent."
Magneto 2: "I have realized that cooperation is necessary for our survival."
Magneto 1: "Then you are a fool."

Harley Quinn vs. Harley Quinn (1):

Harley 1: "You left Mistah J?!"
Harley 2: "Sweetie, there are way better people out there."
Harley 1: "I ain't complainin' - more Puddin' for me!"

Harley Quinn vs. Harley Quinn (2):

Harley 1: "Which hyena's cuter - Bud or Lou?"
Harley 2: "Bud, of course!"
Harley 1: "You monster!"

Batman vs. Batman:

Batman 1: "Another copycat..."
Batman 2: "I knew this would happen eventually."
Batman 1: "Then you know how much this is going to hurt."

Doctor Strange vs. Doctor Strange:

Strange 1: "How could this have happened?"
Strange 2: "Things just got out of hand."
Strange 1: "You aren't the first of my alternate selves who's gone down this path."

Nightwing vs. Doctor Strange:

Nightwing: "Any relation to Hugo Strange?"
Strange: "I don't think so, but I've skipped the past few family reunions."
Nightwing: "Believe me, you'd know if you were related to him."

Doctor Strange vs. the Hulk:

Strange: "Sorry about shooting you into space - we meant well."
Hulk: "GRAAAAARGH!"
Strange: "...I see it's still a sore spot."

Doctor Doom vs. Doctor Doom:

Doom 1: "Stop, you fool! You'll destroy half of Latveria!"
Doom 2: "Who dares to interfere with Doom's work?!"
Doom 1: "Do you not recognize yourself, from the future?!"

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Spider-Man vs Spider-Man (2)
Spidey 1: "Let me guess, we are being hunted by crazy vampires who chases Spider-Men again?"
Spidey 2: "We where hunted by who?"
Spidey 1: "Whoops, I guess some people in the multiverse didn't entered of that."
Iron Man vs Iron Man
Tony 1: "Who robbed my technology this time?"
Tony 2: "Did you know how much upgrades Oscorp did to your obsolete armor?"
Tony 1: "So it was you, hi Norman."
Magneto vs Flash
Magneto: "Are you a mutant?"
Flash: "I think you have the terms mixed buddy."
Magneto: "Hmf. Then if you aren't one of us you are the enemy."
Deadpool vs Green Lantern
Deadpool: "Dammit, I supposed you was already dead man!, just like Ryan Reynolds career!"
Green Lantern: "Excuse me I'm supposed to know who are you?"
Deadpool: "Don't worries, I will just need to clean this error again."
Batman vs Iron man
Iron Man: "The owner of Wayne Industries in presence."
Batman: "How do you know who I am?"
Iron Man: "Internet."
Iron Man vs Captain America
Steve: "I don't want to fight against you Tony"
Tony: "Neither I but it looks that you will not stop again."
Steve "Sigh, just like in the Civil War."
Deadpool vs Wolverine
Deadpool: "Hey, wassup Wolvie?"
Wolverine: "I still wondering why no one shuts your mouth yet."
Deadpool: "Oh someone did it!, but the fans didn't like it."
Superman vs Thor
Thor: "Are you a god, Son of Jor-El?"
Superman: "There are people who worships me but I don't like being called like that".
Thor: "It looks that you are the God of Modesty".
Lex Luthor vs Black Panther
Lex: "That "vibranium" of yours would be of great help for me."
Panther: "Wakanda don't gives vibranium to strangers, let alone people like you."
Lex: "I didn't asked for your permission, king."
John Constantine vs Dr. Strange
John: "Are you a circus magician or something?"
Strange: "Do you dare to mock the Supreme Sorcerer?"
John: "What class of Supreme Sorcerer would use a costume that stupid?"
Plastic Man vs Dr. Doom
Doom: "Your powers irritates me."
Plastic: "Do you fear gum or something metalface?"
Doom: "It looks that the intelligence doesn't come alongside the elasticity".
Deadpool vs Superman
Deadpool: "Hey Sups, I need someone to help me with a marionette show, can you use your super ventriloquism please please please?
Superman: "Super...what?"
Deadpool: "Come on, don't try to look like you forget your Silver Ages!"

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Nightcrawler
2. Daredevil
3. Loki

Deadpool vs. Spider-Man
Deadpool: singing to the tune of the Spider-Man theme Pete and Wade! Pete and Wade! Best of friends who save the day!
Spider-Man: Clearly you still don't get the "secret" half of "secret identity"...
Deadpool: LOOK OUT! Here comes Pete and Waaaaaaade! whispers Patent pending.

Deadpool vs. Wolverine
Deadpool: Come on, Logan! I swear, I didn't put a ghost pepper in your tacos last Taco Night!
Wolverine: For the last time Wade, Cerebro is NOT A TOY, you still owe Charles for repairs!
Deadpool: Uhh... can we talk about that another time? I kind of spent all of my cash on scooter repairs...

Deadpool vs. Aquaman
Deadpool: sarcastically Oh no, its Aquaman! He's gonna throw a fish at me! Whatever shall I do?!
Aquaman: You dare mock the king of Atlantis? So it seems you choose to have a watery grave.
Deadpool: Looks like I'm having sushi for dinner! ...Do you have any rice with you?

Deadpool vs. Deadpool
Deadpool 1: gasps My own clone! Now neither of us will be-
Deadpool 2: Woah, woah, woah… I hate to be that guy, but this game is supposed to be rated T.
Deadpool 1: Man, the ESRB sure hates fun…

Deadpool vs. Plastic Man
Deadpool: Hey, can you turn yourself into a hammock for me? My feet are killing me from walking to all of these fights!
Plastic Man: First, no. Second, who even are you? I especially don’t do that kind of thing for strangers.
Deadpool: Let me rephrase… I’m gonna make you into a hammock! …and hopefully not a corpse too, because they really stink.

Deadpool vs. Batman
Deadpool: singing Jingle Bells! Batman smells! Robin laid an egg...
Batman: What in the- Enough games, Joker. Why are you in your old Red Hood outfit?
Deadpool: Me? Joker? No, I just really like that song! But I've always wanted to "try out" the Batmobile...

Deadpool vs. Harley Quinn
Deadpool: HEY, CLOWN LADY! BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL AND WEARING RED AND BLACK IS MY SCHTICK!
Harley: YEAH?! WELL I'VE GOT A GIANT HAMMER I CAN SMASH YOUR HEAD IN WITH! WHADDA YA GONNA DO ABOUT THAT?!
Deadpool: ...that's a pretty good point. Where's the nearest comically large weapon shop, by the way?

Deadpool vs. Superman
Deadpool: Oh hey, it's Birdman! No, wait... Planeman! Dammit, that's not it either...
Superman: ...Are you being serious right now?
Deadpool: Uh, remind me, what's the "S" stand for? It's Sentry, right?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's the poll for Iron Man's costumes - we got more nominations than usual this time. (the sheer amount of armours that Iron Man has worn over the years probably helped)

As for the results of the Marvel character poll, this is how it turned out:

Gwenpool: 3
Vision: 4
Nightcrawler: 5
Punisher: 5
Scarlet Witch: 6
Howard the Duck: 7
Blade: 8
Namor: 8
Loki: 9
Daredevil: 11
Ms. Marvel: 11
The Thing: 13

Aunt Petunia's favourite nephew, the idol o' millions, the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing will be added to the roster - congratulations, Speed Weed Speed Weed !

However, there's a tie between Ms. Marvel and Daredevil, which presents me with several options. I could...

-include both of them, but remove a nomination period from Marvel's side that would normally have one character
-include both of them, but take a nomination period that would add two Marvel characters and have it only add one
-have a poll to determine who gets in
-bump the roster up to fifty and include both of them

The first two options don't really work for me; there's not a lot of overlap between those characters and the upcoming rounds that I have planned. The sheer amount of nominations and votes that we got (much more than usual, at least) make it clear to me that people definitely want to see a lot of Marvel characters in a fighting game that haven't appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom before, so I'll bump the roster up to fifty and add both of them. (there's not a huge difference between 48 and 50, so I wouldn't think that people would mind)

This means that, in addition to the Thing, we'll also be adding Ms. Marvel and Daredevil to the roster! (congratulations, @Darkonedagger!)

non MvC winners.png

I'll include another DC character from a later round in the event of a large amount of nominations, or a tie, or saving it for the end if neither of those happen, so that the line-up stays even.

---

Job 41: Captain America moveset

It's time to put together a moveset for the most patriotic character (for the US, anyway) out there with the possible exception of Uncle Sam! Feel free to use whatever source material you want - comics, movies, games, TV shows... You can even throw in a reference to the 90's movie if you really want to.

---

Job 42: Spider-Man and/or Batman trading cards

I thought we could try a day for trading cards with a specific theme. Cards don't prevent a character from being playable (so if you submit a card for Bane, for example, then he can still be playable later), and you can also submit descriptions for playable characters (in this case, Spider-Man, Batman, Nightwing, the Joker, or Harley) if you want to.

So far, the only ones with descriptions attached are Two-Face, Alfred, and the Riddler for Batman, and Miles, the Green Goblin, and J. Jonah Jameson for Spidey, so anyone else is fair game. (the Penguin, Ra's al Ghul, Venom, Carnage, and Morbius are also on the list, though they don't have descriptions yet - only list them if you're going to include descriptions)

Like before, limit it to a maximum of ten characters in total.

---

EDIT: here are my cards:

Batman cards:
  • The Joker
    • "The Clown Prince of Crime, Joker's name and backstory are a mystery, possibly even to him. The only thing that anyone can agree on was that he was a two-bit thug called the Red Hood who fell into a vat of chemicals, and emerged with chalk-white skin, red lips, and green hair. The Joker is a wild card, dangerous and unpredictable; he could find double digit homicide as hilarious as shoving a pie into someone's face."
  • Catwoman
    • "A thief who works on both sides of the law, Catwoman has been one of the longest-lasting members of Batman's rogues gallery and one of his greatest loves. While she still steals for reasons as simple as boredom, she uses the money from her heists to help her area of Gotham, with a focus children and animals."
  • Professor Hugo Strange
    • "A criminal psychiatrist, Hugo Strange became so obsessed with Batman that he has a deep-seated desire to become Batman. Smart enough to deduce Batman's identity and obsessed with reaching physical and mental perfection, Hugo Strange is one of Batman's longest lasting foes, even predating the Joker or Catwoman, and one of his more dangerous ones."
  • Scarecrow
    • "Jonathan Crane was obsessed with fear, to the extent that he was fired from a lucrative job for performing experiments on the people that he worked with. Using a hallucinogenic fear gas, he sees everyone around him as potential test subjects to learn and study what they fear the most."
  • Killer Moth
    • "Setting himself as a protector of criminals like how Batman protects the honest citizens of Gotham, Drury Walker set himself up as a dark mirror image to Batman. The Killer Moth took on a role as a hired gun for various criminal organizations, using a variety of gadgets, and even unknowingly paralleling Batman's secret identity by using his stolen funds to pose as a millionaire. Then he was beaten up by Batgirl on her first night on the job, and his reputation plummeted."
Spider-Man cards:
  • Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    • "When bookish teenager Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, his life changed forever. Gaining the proportionate strength and speed of a spider, and suffering a terrible loss, he became known as the Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man! The superhero lifestyle has not been an easy one for Peter, as he balances his studies, work, social life, and his aunt's fragile health on top of his superheroics. However, try as he might, he can't sit back and let innocent people suffer as long as he can do anything to stop it, for with great power, there must also come -- great responsibility!"
  • The Shocker
    • "Herman Schultz built gauntlets that produced powerful sonic vibrations, and decided to use them in a life of crime. He also developed a suit to protect him from the backlash of the vibrations, but between the suit in question looking like a giant yellow quilt, and his choice of supervillain name, it became hard for anyone to take him seriously."
  • Boomerang
    • "This guy, right? Fred Myers was born in Australia, but moved to America to pursue a baseball career. After being suspended for taking bribes, he used his accuracy and skill with a boomerang to become a costumed villain known as Boomerang. He thinks of himself as a criminal mastermind, but anyone could see that no mastermind would decide to take on the Incredible Hulk armed with boomerangs. He later formed a version of the Sinister Six when the name wasn't in use."
  • Black Cat
    • "A thief who works on both sides of the law, Black Cat is one of Spider-Man's love interests, though she comes into conflict with him due to greatly preferring the Spider-Man persona over his Peter Parker side. Encouraged to always be the best, Black Cat hates feeling weak, even making a bargain with the Kingpin after nearly being killed."
  • Mary Jane Watson
    • "An accomplished model and actress, Mary Jane and Peter Parker had an on-again off-again relationship that ultimately ended with the two of them getting married. One of Peter's few confidants that is aware of both sides of his identity, Mary Jane knows him well enough that she can recognize an impostor pretending to be him, such as the Chameleon, almost immediately."

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Batman Cards:
    • Clayface (Basil Karlo)
    • Clayface (Matt Hagen)
    • Poison Ivy
    • Polka Dot Man
    • The Eraser
    • Commissioner Gordon
    • Joker's Daughter
    • Mister Freeze
    • Gotham
    • Red Hood

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Captain America moveset:

Unique Action: American Dream
- similar to Thor's Mighty Speech from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Captain America launches into a motivational speech which gradually builds up his special meter for as long as the button is held. (he stops if the button is released or if the opponent lands an attack on him) If he's starting with no special meter, it will be completely filled by the time that he's done the speech, though this takes about 15 seconds. There's a cooldown to prevent someone from spamming the first syllable and rapidly building up their special meter as soon as there's a break in the action.

Shield Bash (back, forward, attack) - Captain America charges forward with his shield held in front of him to ram into an opponent. This move has one hit of super armour to withstand/ignore an attack.

Mighty Shield (quarter circle forward + attack) - Captain America throws his shield, which ricochets off of his opponent, an opponent's projectile, or the edge of the screen to return to him. While the shield is out of his hand, his attacks are less effective.

Soaring Eagle (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Captain America leaps into the air with his shield held in front of him, similar to a Shoryuken

Stars and Stripes (quarter circle forward + attack) - a Rekkaken move similar to Fei Long from Street Fighter; Cap uses a series of punches, which can be extended by re-inputting quarter circle forward and attack during the animation. This can be inputted up to three times, with the third blow dealing the most damage.

Level 1: River of Truth (quarter circle forward x 2 + attack) - Captain America does an extended string of attacks, mixing boxing, kickboxing, karate, and judo, among other martial arts.

Level 2: Let Freedom Ring (quarter circle back x 2 + attack) - a counter move; Cap holds his shield up, and if the opponent hits it, he uppercuts them into the air. While they're in midair, he throws his shield, which bounces around the stage rapidly, hitting them dozens of times and keeping them suspended in the air in violation of several laws of physics.

Level 3: Liberty and Justice (press all buttons) - Cap dashes across the screen, starting a cinematic if he connects with the opponent. The Winter Soldier walks up (if the Winter Soldier winds up being playable, then Sam Wilson shows up as Captain America), and works together with Cap to do a tag-team beatdown similar to the climax of Captain America: Civil War. (if Sam Wilson also winds up being playable, then it wouldn't be an issue because he'd only be fighting one of them at a time; the choreography would be different depending on who Cap's partner is, though Cap's attacks would be the same)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • Spider-Man Cards:
    • Aunt May
    • Mary Jane Watson
    • Sandman
    • Vulture
    • Electro
    • Mysterio
    • Gwen Stacy
    • Lizard
    • Morlun
    • Doctor Octopus
I was thinking it would be the same as before, where each person can submit a total of ten cards. (So ten Batman, or ten Spider-Man, or 5 Batman cards and 5 Spider-Man cards, or 7 Batman cards and 3 Spider-Man cards, but not ten of each) Sorry about the confusion.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I was thinking it would be the same as before, where each person can submit a total of ten cards. (So ten Batman, or ten Spider-Man, or 5 Batman cards and 5 Spider-Man cards, or 7 Batman cards and 3 Spider-Man cards, but not ten of each) Sorry about the confusion.
That's Okay

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was considering to submit a moveset but Mega already did what I could have do (even adding the Mighty Speech-like move that I never considered but its really cool). So I will just submit Batman and Spiderman cards (I promske that I will give descriptions to them when I have a chance).
Spidey
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)
  • Norman Osborn (Not Green Goblin)
  • Scarlet Spider (Ben Reily)
  • Shocker
  • Scorpion
Bats
  • Phantasm (Andrea Beaumont)
  • Deathstroke (Slade Wilson)
  • The Court of Owls
  • Man-Bat
  • Arkham Knight

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Only two people have voted in the Iron Man costume poll, and I was one of them - for reference, here it is:

I'll leave it open another day so that more people can vote on it if they missed it the first time. The costume nominations are all on this page, but if anyone needs links, here you go:

-Qwerty UIOP
-Oddball
-Infinity Sorcerer
-KneeOfJustice99

My Captain America moveset wins by default. I'll add all of the cards to the intro post (aside from duplicates - some characters were listed previously, like Deathstroke or Two-Face), though I'm not sure whether Gotham is referring to the city itself or this guy.

---

Job 43: submit a stage for a DC villain

This can be a stage that's connected to the Joker, Lex Luthor, Harley Quinn (not sure if she counts; she's treated like an anti-hero nowadays, but she's traditionally a Batman villain), or even a DC villain that isn't in the game yet. We might add one or two stages, depending on how many nominations we get.

---

Job 44: Superman's rival battle in arcade mode

Since we're over halfway through the roster, I'm thinking that we can start on this concept. Before the final battle with Thanoseid, each character's going to have a rival fight similar to Street Fighter IV. (so basically a short cutscene before the fight with more detail than the usual fight intros)

A few things to make note of:

• these rivalries don't need to be based on canonical strength. For example, if both Squirrel Girl and Anti-Monitor were in the roster, we could have Squirrel Girl's rival battle be against the Anti-Monitor, even though that fight would be so hilariously one-sided that if they fought ten times, Squirrel Girl would win eleven times because she's just that good. (seriously, if you want Superman's rival to be Spider-Man or Daredevil, go ahead and nominate that)

• for the sake of variety, nominating a character as Superman's rival won't lock in Superman as their rival for arcade mode. So if we decide that Superman's rival battle will be against Wolverine, then we'd still have a job for Wolverine where he could decide who his rival battle would be against in arcade mode

• we're going to stick with cross-company rivalries (so a Marvel character vs. a DC character) since that's the premise of the game.

• including an explanation for why they'd be rivals would help.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this too early or not (the idea of Superman's rival battle being against Thanos might be something that people want to see, for example), but I'll see how this goes. (I'm willing to save this for later and redo it if people would prefer to wait until the roster's nearly done)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think that this is the most obvious choice.
Arkham Assylum

There is not too much to say, the place where different Villains (mostly of Batman) are prissioned. The fight would be inside with different villains would appear here has cameos like Killer Croc, Bane, Two Faces and even playable characters like the Joker if isnt in the fight.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Only two people have voted in the Iron Man costume poll, and I was one of them - for reference, here it is:

I'll leave it open another day so that more people can vote on it if they missed it the first time. The costume nominations are all on this page, but if anyone needs links, here you go:

-Qwerty UIOP
-Oddball
-Infinity Sorcerer
-KneeOfJustice99

My Captain America moveset wins by default. I'll add all of the cards to the intro post (aside from duplicates - some characters were listed previously, like Deathstroke or Two-Face), though I'm not sure whether Gotham is referring to the city itself or this guy.

---

Job 43: submit a stage for a DC villain

This can be a stage that's connected to the Joker, Lex Luthor, Harley Quinn (not sure if she counts; she's treated like an anti-hero nowadays, but she's traditionally a Batman villain), or even a DC villain that isn't in the game yet. We might add one or two stages, depending on how many nominations we get.

---

Job 44: Superman's rival battle in arcade mode

Since we're over halfway through the roster, I'm thinking that we can start on this concept. Before the final battle with Thanoseid, each character's going to have a rival fight similar to Street Fighter IV. (so basically a short cutscene before the fight with more detail than the usual fight intros)

A few things to make note of:

• these rivalries don't need to be based on canonical strength. For example, if both Squirrel Girl and Anti-Monitor were in the roster, we could have Squirrel Girl's rival battle be against the Anti-Monitor, even though that fight would be so hilariously one-sided that if they fought ten times, Squirrel Girl would win eleven times because she's just that good. (seriously, if you want Superman's rival to be Spider-Man or Daredevil, go ahead and nominate that)

• for the sake of variety, nominating a character as Superman's rival won't lock in Superman as their rival for arcade mode. So if we decide that Superman's rival battle will be against Wolverine, then we'd still have a job for Wolverine where he could decide who his rival battle would be against in arcade mode

• we're going to stick with cross-company rivalries (so a Marvel character vs. a DC character) since that's the premise of the game.

• including an explanation for why they'd be rivals would help.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this too early or not (the idea of Superman's rival battle being against Thanos might be something that people want to see, for example), but I'll see how this goes. (I'm willing to save this for later and redo it if people would prefer to wait until the roster's nearly done)
It's the person Gotham

D

Deleted member

Gorilla_City_001.jpg

Gorilla City
The home of Gorilla Grodd. We need some sort of Flash stage. It would take place in a jungle setting, where intelligent gorillas have set up an advanced city. Gorillas, including Grodd, assuming he's not playable, watch the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Superman's rival: Doctor Doom

It's DC's most iconic hero (an argument could be made for Superman or Batman, but Superman came first and is generally the central figure in crossovers) against Marvel's most iconic villain! Both Doom and Superman want to guide humanity to a better tomorrow, but Superman does so through example and upholds the rights of all of Earth's citizens, while Doom does so through force and desires to rule with an iron fist.

Doom has some similarities with Superman (both were orphaned at a young age, want to make the world a better place, and wear awesome capes - also, Superman is the Man of Steel while Doom is almost perpetually covered in metal) while also sharing some similarities with Superman's arch-nemesis Lex Luthor. (both lack powers but make up for it with absurd scientific knowledge and being able to use the law to their advantage to get off scot-free)

Stage nomination:

Deep within a bleak and dismal swamp, hidden beneath its murky waters, lies the headquarters of the most sinister villains of all time...

...The Legion of Doom

The stage takes place in a dark and moody swamp, and as the fighting starts, the Legion of Doom headquarters rises out of the swampy waters in the background. Over time, various members of the Legion of Doom from the Superfriends cartoon (Toyman, Solomon Grundy, the Riddler, Giganta, maybe a few others) come out to watch the fighting. As a funny background detail, some of them can be seen placing bets on who will win - no matter who wins the fight, Toyman loses the bet.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 44:Spider-Man as Superman's rival

the connections between Superman and Spider-Man is because both are iconic superheroes who wear red and blue costume,their archenemies are a billionaire related to green (Lex Luthor and Green Goblin representatively) and there are an official crossover comic of Spider-Man and Superman

Top Bottom