• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Rocket and Groot
2. Deadpool (Why am I not number 1? At least give me 5 bonus points to make up for it.) (Can it, Wade.)
3. Strange

Also, rivals in Arcade should definitely be from the opposite franchise, as the game's focus is literally DC vs. Marvel. As for who would be who's rival, I think the best way to decide on that would be either based on the role of each character in each universe and/or their powers. For example, Batman and Lex Luthor could both work as Iron Man's rival (genius billionaires without actual powers, one is evil and also uses a metal suit, the other is the secondary leader of the main good guy team). Of course, we could definitely discuss this stuff later on.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Doctor Strange: 15
Black Panther: 13
Captain Marvel: 5
Rocket Raccoon and Groot: 4
Deadpool: 4
Green Goblin: 2
Thanos: 2
Star-Lord: 2
Howard the Duck: 1

Two characters won this by a landslide; this seems to be a recurring theme.

mcu winners.png

Doctor Strange and the Black Panther will be added to the roster! (congratulations @Darkonedagger and Speed Weed Speed Weed )

My Batman moveset wins by default. Superman will get the Red Son, black suit, and Kingdom Come costumes, since everyone who submitted a costume list seems to want those, and we'll vote on the remaining ones. (I suppose there's nothing stopping me from including all of them, but I wanted to set a reasonable limit since it's probably easy to go overboard with this sort of thing)

Job 20: submit a boss for Arcade Mode

Who are the characters going to fight at the end of arcade mode? In other fighting games, the final boss can be a souped-up version of a playable character, like M. Bison in Street Fighter II, Brainiac in Injustice 2, or Seth in Street Fighter 4, or it can be an unplayable boss with ultra-cheap moves, like Apocalypse or Onslaught in Capcom's Marvel games or Orochi in King of Fighters '97.

As a result, whoever winds up as the boss won't be disqualified from being added to the roster later, though if they're a character who takes up most of the screen like Apocalypse or Onslaught, then they probably won't be playable.

Job 21: what collectibles should this game have?

In my experience, games like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Injustice mainly have titles and display pictures for online profiles as unlockables. That isn't much of an incentive to complete arcade mode for twenty characters, let alone forty or fifty. I'm wondering what could be included to give people extra motivation to play through arcade mode. (while unlockable characters or stages could be an option, I think it might be best until we have more of the character and stage roster decided on to discuss who would be unlockable if we go with those)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Job #21: Trading Cards
1657045000978.png

My default answer usually, but it is one that has some legacy with Marvel and, to an extent, DC. This image I'm using, for example, looks tailor-made to present all the characters and concepts easily. That series even included a few teams, team-ups, items, etc., so whatever could be covered in Smash Bros. trophies could also easily be covered here, as well.

Job 20:
Galactus

1657044730665.png

Galactus is one of antagonists from Marvel comics and he is a cosmic entity that can eat planets or stars. He was originally a space explorer named Galan who came from his universe that existed prior to Big Bang which began to create the new universe. As his universe came to end, he merged with "Sentence of Universe and he became Galactus himself.

He would fit as a final boss of arcade mode since his powers make him a perfect final boss in the game. Also he would start as human-sized boss, but during the second phase he would be tall like giant fighter from Tatsunoko VS Capcom and he would have more health than in first phase.

He would be fought in space on invisible platform.

Job 21:
Action Figures
View attachment 354395

(It's an example btw)

Action figures would be like trophies from Smash, but you could move their limbs (And also pose them whatever you want).
Also you could collect them like trophies. They range from iconic Marvel characters to obscure ones.

The figures are 11 cm long.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Considering the nature of the game, I think this is the best option for a boss:

THANOSEID

Ok WTF is this dude?, well, it's time for a mini history lesson, in 1996 Marvel Comics and DC Comics decided to collaborate in a crossover between their characters in a event properly called Marvel Comics vs DC/DC vs Marvel Comics, during this particular story their universes merges into one creating the Amalgam Universe where knowed characters from both editorials gets fusioned creating things like, well, Spider Boy, Iron Lantern, Super-Soldier, Dark Claw, Speed Demon, Dr. Strangefate and of course, Thanoseid that of course is a fusion between Thanos and Darkseid using the Infinity Stones and the Anti-Life Equation.

In terms of gameplay considering the inevitable appearence of both villains in the roster (especially if this idea wins) I think something like Shin Akuma/God Rugal in CVS2 would be curious, depending of the boss you defeat the other would absorb them and became one, technically having two different Thanosaid, one having more traits of Thanos' abilities and the other of Darkseid's.

The quality of the Amalgam Universe is....questionable to say the least but it's an interesing concept that I think we can retake and make it better here.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
In the same vein as Infinity Sorcerer's submission, I'll put forward Doctor StrangeFate as a boss.

This character is obviously a combination of Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate. But also is Charles Xavier for some reason. But regardless, in Amalgam and follow-up events, he was working to preserve the Amalgam universe, at the expense of the original Marvel and DC universes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the collectibles, I feel like both of the options submitted would serve very different purposes, so I'll include them both - the action figures could serve as model viewers for characters who are in the game, while the trading cards could work as a way to dig deep into the histories of both companies and reference all sorts of characters, whether they physically appear in the game or not. (all that's required is a single still image for a given character, likely just a comic panel)

My Superman costumes won the poll; I'll add them to the original post.

For the boss option, though, there can only be one; I'll save my vote for later. (I was going to submit one of the options if nobody else did, but there's a few others that I really like)

Job 22: submit an Iron Man moveset

Same as before; nominate ideas for an Iron Man moveset. Feel free to reference whatever you want - comics, movies, cartoons, video games...

Job 23: submit a Justice League-related stage

This can be a stage related to any Justice League member or the Justice League as a whole. If I followed the previous pattern and limited it to Wonder Woman, then it seems like there would only be a handful of options (or possibly just Themyscira), so I figured opening it up to the whole team would allow for more variety. (though avoid Batman- or Superman-related stages since we just did those)

Depending on the amount of nominations, we might get two stages from this; we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
For the collectibles, I feel like both of the options submitted would serve very different purposes, so I'll include them both - the action figures could serve as model viewers for characters who are in the game, while the trading cards could work as a way to dig deep into the histories of both companies and reference all sorts of characters, whether they physically appear in the game or not. (all that's required is a single still image for a given character, likely just a comic panel)

For the boss option, though, there can only be one; I'll save my vote for later. (I was going to submit one of the options if nobody else did, but there's a few others that I really like)

Job 22: submit an Iron Man moveset

Same as before; nominate ideas for an Iron Man moveset. Feel free to reference whatever you want - comics, movies, cartoons, video games...

Job 23: submit a Justice League-related stage

This can be a stage related to any Justice League member or the Justice League as a whole; if I followed the previous pattern and limited it to Wonder Woman, then it seems like there would only be a handful of options (or possibly just Themyscira), so I figured opening it up to the whole team would allow for more variety. (though avoid Batman- or Superman-related stages since we just did those)
You forgot the Chaos King in the poll

I don't see why not.
Thanks...

Themyscira
1657134724705.png
Themyscira is a location from Wonder Woman comic series and it's a unitary sovereign city-state and archipelagic island nation, where Amazons can live forvever as long as men won't put a foot on it. The island is inhabited by women like Wonder Woman and it's governed by Aphrodite's law.

Themyscira is a birthplace of amazonians like Wonder Woman and it would make sense to include it as stage for Wonder Woman herself.

The stage would take place at the the town area of the Themyscira island and the cameos are amazonians, who live there.

Attachments

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks...

Themyscira is a location from Wonder Woman comic series and it's a unitary sovereign city-state and archipelagic island nation, where Amazons can live forvever as long as men won't put a foot on it. The island is inhabited by women like Wonder Woman and it's governed by Aphrodite's law.

Themyscira is a birthplace of amazonians like Wonder Woman and it would make sense to include it as stage for Wonder Woman herself.

The stage would take place at the the town area of the Themyscira island and the cameos are amazonians, who live there.
That's definitely fine - like I said, it can be related to a specific Justice League member or the entire team. (I figured that with a Wonder Woman-specific job, there's really only one option)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will also submit the Hall of Justice, but the comic version.
The fight would be outside the place in the gardens, different members of the Justice League both actual and from older versions appears has cameos, if a playable Justice League member isn't in the fight it would also appear there.

I will write my Iron Man moveset later.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
IRON MAN MOVELIST
1657144273060.png

Note: Once again Marvel vs Capcom series is a reference that I had in account but unlike the previous moveset thisone is quite more original.
General Playstyle
Iron Man is your textbook example of what is a Zoner, lots of beams and projectiles, Iron Man also has a lot of mobility options thanks to his Arc Mode that also gives him rushdown potential.

Unique Ability - Arc Mode
Inspired by Aigis' Orgia Mode from Persona 4 Arena, when the Unique Skill Button is pressed Iron Man enters into the Arc Mode, in this state Iron Man mobility option changes using his propulsors for do hoverdashes like the ones of Morrigan, having an additional jump and being able to do airdashes. Arc Mode also allows Iron Man to do dash cancels. All this requires a special meter that once depleted takes is time to replete once again.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Repulsor Beam236 + X (Air OK)Iron Man shoots beams from his hand, the light version can be chained with itself making Iron Man shoot 3 beams (see Aoko's Browning Starmine for reference), the mid version allows him to charge to a bigger beam and the heavy version is an anti-air option that like the mid version also can be charged.

In the air instead the strenght of the move only variates the direction (straight, diagonal down, down) and can't be charged.
Smart Missiles214 + X (Air OK)Iron Man launches three small missiles from his shoulders, the missiles homes the opponent's actual direction (but miss when the target moves).
Energy Blade623 + XIron Man covers one of his hands in plasma energy and does a chop motion with his hand. In Arc Mode he dashes forwards to cover a bigger distance.
Pulse Wave[4]6 + XIron Man shoots electromagnetic waves that even if can hurt the opponent (and the heavy version can juggle them) their main function is destroy the opponent's projectiles.
Jet Flight22 + XX (Air OK)Iron Man activates automatically the Arc Mode if isn't active and starts to flight for a while freely like Superman. In this mode the Arc Mode's meter burns faster.
Level 1 Super:
Unibeam
236236 + X (Air OK)Iron Man shoots a massive beam from his chest, you can slightly control the direction of the beam during the duration of the move.
Level 2 Super: Repulsor Array
214214 + X
(Air OK)
Iron Man launch a laser that moves in all the screen in the clock direction (like Justice's Imperial Ray), Iron Man also used this move in the climax of the second movie for reference.
Level 2 Super:
Hulkbuster
6321463214 + XIron Man uses the Hulkbuster Armor, grabbing the opponent and slaming it to the ground. When used against Hulk the cinemática changes a little with Hulk resisting the attack but it will take the same amount of damage.
Level 3 Super:
I Am Iron Man
All Buttons Pressed Tony grabs the opponent in flight and punches them, after that he summons all his previous armors who does a massive beam at unison attacking from all directions.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I had 3 options for a Level 3, decide which one is better.
Level 3 (OPTION A) - ExtremisAllUtility Install Super that makes Arc Mode Meter never decrease for the duration of the form alongside a boost in Iron Man's attack and defense.
Level 3 (OPTION B) - HulkbusterButtons Iron Man uses the Hulkbuster Armor, grabbing the opponent and slaming it to the ground.
Level 3 (OPTION 3) - I Am Iron ManPressedTony grabs the opponent in flight and punches them, after that he summons all his previous armors who does a massive beam at unison attacking from all directions.
*Charge Back, the Forward.
Maybe Iron Man could have different level 3 supers depending on whether he's in Arc Mode or not? It depends on which one you think is flashier/more powerful/more cinematic, but for example, you could have Hulkbuster be his normal level 3, or I Am Iron Man be his level 3 while in Arc Mode. (or have it be the other way around, if you'd prefer that)

---

Stage nomination:

Flash Museum

A museum in Central City dedicated solely to the Flash, with exhibits set up celebrating his various accomplishments along with mementos, such as his costumes or the Cosmic Treadmill. Mannequins of his super-powered allies and various enemies are scattered throughout the museum exhibits, though the real deals (Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Jay Garrick, Bart Allen, etc.) could show up occasionally, along with Iris West.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swapped my stage out. Feel like we have a lot of "base" stages currently. Though I do wanna get the Watchtower in at somepoint.

Just making sure it's noted

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanoseid wins the boss poll, and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Iron Man moveset will be included!

I'm not sure if Thanos and Darkseid should be included as part of the roster as a result, or if they should get in on their own merits, but there will be several opportunities to include them later. We could also come up with a boss stage (even if it's not selectable normally, you'd have to fight them somewhere), though I want to do the Avengers stage(s) first.

For the Justice League stage, I'm thinking that we do ranked voting like what we do with characters, where we vote for our top three (our own nomination can't be in first), and the top two make it in. However, I'm not sure what the difference would be between the Superfriends incarnation of the Hall of Justice and the comics incarnation of the Hall of Justice, so rather than risk the vote being split (or both of them getting in), I'll replace one with the Satellite Watchtower, which @Darkonedagger had originally nominated.

So the choices are between

-The Hall of Justice
-Themyscira
-Atlantis
-The Flash Museum
-The Satellite Watchtower

1. Themyscira
2. Hall of Justice
3. Atlantis

---

Job 24: nominate an Avengers-related stage

As with the Justice League, this can either be...
  • a stage related to a specific Avenger, whether they're in the game or not (ex. Asgard, Wakanda, the Microverse), or...
  • a stage related to the entire team (ex. Avengers Mansion, Avengers Tower)
Depending on the amount of nominations we get, we might add two stages from this list.

Job 25: nominate costumes for Spider-Man

Much like with Superman, nominate anywhere from one to seven costumes for Spidey. (his red and blue outfit would be his default) No premium costumes (situations where he'd be different characters with slightly different powers, like Miles Morales or Miguel O'Hara), though alternate universe selves are okay.

I'll post my nominations for both categories later.

1. The Hall of Justice
2. Themyscira
3. Atlantis

Job 24:
Avengers Tower
1657216120806.png
Avengers' Tower is a location from Marvel Comics and it's a high-rise tower that locates in Manhattan, New York in USA. It was used to be Stark Tower before the events, but during Avengers saga, it got changed into Avengers Tower.
It's a prominent location from Marvel Cinematic Universe and it deserves to appear in Marvel VS DC as a stage.

As a stage, it would take place on the balcony of the tower, where the helipad locates. The cameos are members of Avengers, who are watching the battle. If you choose a character that was a cameo on this stage, it doesn't appear here while playing the character.

I nominate the Avengers Tower as stage, because it was a very important location from MCU and it would make sense as a stage in game.

D

Deleted member

1. Themyscira
3. Atlantis
3. Watchtower
vwrywd8qrnm41.jpg

Asgard

Thor's home. Players fight in front of the Rainbow Bridge . The Palace and other buildings would be in the back and Valkyries would fly around. Asgardian characters like Sif, Heimdal and the Warriors Three make cameos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spider-Man costumes:

1. Default

2. Black Suit
black suit spidey.png

3. Bombastic Bag-Man
bag man.png

4. Future Foundation

5. Spider-Armour

6. Stealth Suit

7. Iron Spider (minus the mechanical limbs)

8. Spider-Man Unlimited
spider-man unlimited.png

---

Avengers stage: Wakanda

Home of the Black Panther, this futuristic country is nestled deep in the heart of Africa, located around the Vibranium mound that allows it to prosper and thrive despite its isolationist tendencies. The stage takes place on a cliff overlooking the capital city of Birnin Zana, with Shuri, Okoye and other members of the Dora Milaje, and (if he's not being played as) T'Challa himself keeping an eye on the combatants, along with a panther or two.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Spider-Man costumes:

1. Default

2. Black Suit

3. Bombastic Bag-Man

4. Future Foundation

5. Spider-Armour

6. Stealth Suit

7. Iron Spider (minus the mechanical limbs)

8. Spider-Man Unlimited

---

Avengers stage: Wakanda

Home of the Black Panther, this futuristic country is nestled deep in the heart of Africa, located around the Vibranium mound that allows it to prosper and thrive despite its isolationist tendencies. The stage takes place on a cliff overlooking the capital city of Birnin Zana, with Shuri, Okoye and other members of the Dora Milaje, and (if he's not being played as) T'Challa himself keeping an eye on the combatants, along with a panther or two.
Btw one question, Superior Spiderman counts has a different character?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Btw one question, Superior Spiderman counts has a different character?
I'll allow it, though if he's not a premium costume, he'd presumably act like regular Spider-Man. (so no Doc Ock flair for the dramatic - I haven't read much of Superior Spider-Man, so I'm not sure how good of a job he does at disguising himself)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Spider-Man Costumes:
1657248088666.png
The Black Suit
Homemade
Spider Armor MKIII
Stealth Suit
Iron Spider
Superior Spider-Man
Bombastic Bag-Man
  • Classic:
    • White and Black: Reference the Future Foundation Suit
    • Blue and Black: Reference the New Fantastic Four Suit
    • White, Blue and Orange: Reference the Threats and Menaces Suit
    • Red, Blue and White: Reference the Advanced Suit from the Marvel's Spider-Man game.
  • Black Suit:
    • Red: Reference Carnage
  • Homemade:
  • Spider-Armor MK III:
    • Silver: Reference the Spider-Armor MK I.
    • Black and Orange: Reference the Spider-Armor MK II.
    • Red, Blue and Light Blue: Reference the Velocity Suit.
    • Black and Yellow: Reference the Anti-Ock Suit.
  • Stealth Suit:
    • Dark Blue and Orange: Reference the original Stealth Suit.
  • Iron Spider:
    • Red, Blue and Gold: Reference the MCU version of the Iron Spider.
    • Black and Gold: Reference Prowler's Iron Spider.
  • Superior Spider-Man:
    • White and Green: Reference Superior Octopus

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's not one in the morning anymore, time to contribute. My thought process for the Spider-Man alts is to have as much color variety as possible - I don't want too many red and blue suits. I'm also deliberately not going with the Black Suit, it might step on Venom's toes a bit too much. I'm only posting images of suits that haven't yet had images posted

1: Normal Spider-Man (Red/Blue)
2: Iron Spider (Gold/Red)
3: Bombastic Bag Man (Blue)
4: Future Foundation (White/Black)
5: Stealth Suit (Black/Green)
6: Human Spider (Red/Blue, from Spider-Man 2002)
1657299970065.png

7: Inverted Suit (Black/Yellow, from Spider-Man: No Way Home)
1657299851488.png

8: Spider-Man Zero (Red/Grey/Blue, from Fortnite)
1657300045207.png

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's the scores for the stages:

Themyscira: 10
Atlantis: 10
Hall of Justice: 8
Watchtower: 5
Flash Museum: 4

As far as Marvel stage nominations go, we got three (Avengers Tower, Asgard, and Wakanda), but all three cover very different niches/sections of the Marvel universe. Since there's a tie for first for the DC vote, I think we'll add the top three for the DC poll, and add all three for the Marvel side.

So, long story short, Themyscira, Atlantis, the Hall of Justice, Avengers Tower, Asgard, and Wakanda are all going to be added as stages.

---

For the Spider-Man costumes, there weren't many costumes that were consistent among all of the lists (aside from Spider-Man, I think the only one that made it into every single list was the Bombastic Bag-Man, which I definitely approve of), so I won't be able to list the specific costumes in the poll. Still, they're all listed on this page, so hopefully that helps.

---

Job 25: submit a boss stage

With Thanoseid being voted in as the arcade mode's boss, we'll need a stage to fight him on. Feel free to nominate a location that has something to do with Thanos, or Darkseid, or some mash-up of Marvel and DC locations that seems fitting.

---

Job 26: submit a moveset for Wonder Woman

This seems self-explanatory - feel free to reference whatever you want, whether it's the comics, the 70's show, the movies, the Injustice games, etc.

Job 25:
Apokalips (DC Comics)
1657306111472.png

Apokalips is a planet from DC Comics, where the ancient warlord Darkseid originates from. The planet has locations like Armaghetto, Female fumes barracks and etc, since it's an ecumenopolis with burning firepits according to comics.
The place even appeared in comics and DCEU as Darkseid's home.

The boss fight of Thanoseid would take place on the planet Apokalips, where he originated. The cameos are his soldiers, who spectate the battle.
Occasionally, you could see Chitauri soldiers in background if you play as marvel character.

I nominate this stage, because it would fit Thanoseid and this planet would make sense as boss fight arena for final boss.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I want to give someone else the opportunity of do a Wonder Woman moveset, yet I want to throw some ideas that maybe someone else will use, if no one does a moveset however I will do it myself.
  • For the Unique Ability I considered use the Bracelet's of Submission has a Third Strike-esque parry, it isn't completely the original way the move work but I considered it mostly for the projectile nullify trait that the parry has.
  • For inspiration for the moveset apart of the obvious Wonder Woman's moveset in Injustce (and iirc she is also in Multiversus so is another place where to have the ideas) there are some of them that also work:
    • Eltnum (Melty Blood/Under Night In-Birth), it has a whip.
    • Whip (The King of Fighters), it also has a whip, I mean, its in her name.
    • Blue Mary (The King of Fighters), the reversal/grappler archetype kinda fits Wonder Woman.
    • Hakumen (BlazBlue), same has above, it also has the anti-zoning style.
Gonna post my stage later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom