• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Winning without mk is possible. Everyone also knows how to fight mk so many times the other characters are a better choice for use in tourney.

For example: Rain went mk vs Tearbear and lost first match but went Falco vs Tearbear 2nd match and won solidly.
That's because Rain MK is too bad...

In last match of Genesis2 GF, (in Brinstar) last 30 seconds M2K was running away (what a surprise) and he was out of the stage, waiting in the lava, and Ally could go for him, and even knowing that Ally didn't make it, just think, if Ally would have another character, he wouldn't have any single chance to go for him...
If a really top player uses all the options that MK gives to him, the only way to beat him is with another MK...

The way to get in more money from Smash tournaments is, to provide coverage, and have people pay for additional service...

If you could provide a Stream + a "must-pay" HQ Stream, you would be able to afford alot more.
But if even the hypest tournament in the world isn't able to get up a regular stream OR EVEN UPDATES, i'm afraid it is no wonder that we wont ever get out of our little smash-corner

Note: i do not encourage costly streams and Vods, No sir.... but events like Dreamhack, MLG and others should be what should be aimed for. And making money off of aditional services like HQ streams should not be something that is unreachable.

Thanks to all the people who at least tried to inform the world about what was happening.
100% agree

I'm sure that all the people that loves Brawls, and enjoy watching tournaments online (saddly it's hard for some of us going to those events) would pay 1 or 5 bucks to see good online stream.
It's just matter of think big.

Browny

Smash Hater
Is anyone going to be at the ramada playing brawl today? My group looks like were going to be stuck here all of today and wouldnt mind playing some games (not neccesarily smash) @ 233

also someone left a black gc controller with stick grip removed in my room and some sunglasses.

sidefx

Smash Champion
major shoutouts to come later. I just woke up.. time to unwind today after probably one of the best weekends of my life.

quick thanks to everyone who made it out to genesis 2 and made it what it was. I said the same thing after the first genesis.. we have to do another one.

the 3 year long sets are tied.. M2K vs Ally .. 1-1. Mango vs Armada.. 1-1..

looks like we have to do another one... LOLLL

Pat, Sheridan, Kevin, and Julian.. honestly without you guys helping out running the pools/bracket i dont know what i would have done. The amount of respect and gratitude i have toward you guys is through the roof. I cant thank you guys enough for your contributions this weekend. <3<3<3<3<3<3

but also i would like to make a quick apology for the lack of livestream for melee and the constant problems we had with the internet. I tried my damned hardest to get the internet up and running in time for the tournament, but in the end it was out of my hands. Many problems including venue location, lack of IT support from the venue, and various other problems resulted in our inability to broadcast a legit stream for the viewers.

VG Bootcamp held it the **** down this weekend. HUUUUUUUUUGE props to Bionic, GimR, Aposl, and Logic for saving my *** with the streams and being organized and on top of their ****. I cant thank you guys enough for the work and effort you guys put into helping with the livestream.

Ill go further into detail about it all and thank everyone individually tomorrow.. but for now.. im going to slip into a coma and hope i wake up.

thanks guys <3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ey browny you never found me for your free meal

I'll have to paypal you 10 dollars

Also someone took my black ray ban sunglasses with a black checkerboard design on the frames. If anyone has them by mistake please return those to me ASAP

:phone:

FireFly

Smash Lord
Nice tournament guys, I wish that I and many others could have been there. Grats to Shoyo in Melee for representing Hawaii and making it into brackets.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Yo, This tourney was going to be the most hype **** I was going to see for the year. My smash community made an effort to have stream parties where we put the stream on TV and watch it like a main event fight while playing smash on other tv's in between rounds. We were hooked on at 12:00 EST. NOTHING. We had words, promises, and trolls saying that the stream was up, going to be up, and promised to be up in 2 hours at 1 point. Too bad it only came up as a lagfest slideshow of crews. I couldn't ever tell what was going on. We quit around 2:00 A.M. Tried again the next day to find that the stream was down until I had work, but still no commentary or good quality. Then when it was getting to the most hype matches... It starts cutting in and out, freezing at times, and no official word or moderation of the stream. Many of us went to the Barwel stream to catch glimpses of the crowd chanting mango. MANGO. Mango. MangGO. That stream was still up... streaming an opening to the homebrew barwel because M2K was playing in another match, or what they said for the longest time, that he was throwing GF's to play/watch melee. I like watching Barwel Teams, especially M2K as he is one oof my favorite players, but that was all I got from the streams. The only matches that I saw that mattered to me was PeePee/Armada, M2K/Mang0, Taj/Mang0. Lots of the black screen or a frozen stream.

Main point. This stream and event was SOOOOO Hype... but the stream blew chunks. I felt salty just sitting there with my friends, waiting.

Second Point: Melee Stream had 200 more viewers than Barwel had even though the stream had been down for 10 minutes and Barwel GF's was going on. Melee people outnembered Barwelians in their stream too.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
who's the girl that was making the character designs for money on the laptop?

I paid her 10 dollars friday, said to come back later in the day, nothin, then saturday she didn't have it again, sunday came around didn't have it, said she'd come to my room and drop it off but never happened. i'm now back in vegas.

i know it's just 10 bucks but i still want that drawing yo

Halp?

V

Smash Ace
who's the girl that was making the character designs for money on the laptop?

I paid her 10 dollars friday, said to come back later in the day, nothin, then saturday she didn't have it again, sunday came around didn't have it, said she'd come to my room and drop it off but never happened. i'm now back in vegas.

i know it's just 10 bucks but i still want that drawing yo

Halp?
It was probably mikeHAZE's girlfriend. He's on AIB most of the time you can contact him there.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
No We F*cking Don't said:
looks like we have to do another one... LOLLL
No we f*cking don't. Seriously though, don't wanna think about that quite yet haha. I'm gonna need at least a few months before running another major sounds the least bit appealing.

As far as doubles go, I think this was the top 7 or so

1. Mango/Lucky
2. M2K/PP
3. HBox/Hax
4. Armada/Aniolas
5. Lovage/Silent Wolf
5. Taj/Axe
7. Baka4Moe/Westballz
7. MacD/G$

Browny

Smash Hater
We got caught up playing fast heavy 1.2x brawl GDX and before I knew it it was 5am :o

So no one else at ramada today? I know I saw some smashers near the fast food places a few hours ago...

Lovage

Smash Hero
****in amazing weekend

was able to be surrounded by some of my favorite people in the world for like a whole weekend and got to **** a buncha people in smash

definitely going thru national tournament withdrawal right now, wish genesis coulda lasted just one more day

i'll think about doing shoutouts later. for now:

shroomed - you're too good but i got this

melee - best game of all time

edit: CAN'T WAIT FOR VIDS

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
you know guys...

genesis chapter 2 in the bible is the story of adam.
What about Ch. 1 and 3? By that line of logic the awesomeness should only deteriorate, and for Genesis 3 (the tournament) we're gonna have smashers killed by some prostitute for $ or something like that.

Not trying to flame here, but just pointing this out :c

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahahaha hbox

you're really cool, dude
it was fun hanging out and randomly playing hackey sack for bursts of time ;-)

gj in the tournament
i'm an hbox fanboy

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What about Ch. 1 and 3? By that line of logic the awesomeness should only deteriorate, and for Genesis 3 (the tournament) we're gonna have smashers killed by some prostitute for $ or something like that.

Not trying to flame here, but just pointing this out :c
it just might happen! hahaha!

i could also say that the last important figure in the book of Genesis is named Joseph!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Best weekend of my life. Shout outs later :)

I'm still at the hotel, can anyone give me a ride to the BART station tomorrow around 10:30 AM? Thanks!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey does anybody know that girl who was creating the key chains at genesis?
She is gonna be mailing me mine but I would also like her to send me the pic electronically. :)

Any info would be appreciated.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
amazing tourney! my first national ever, glad i went, i think i couldve done a little better in singles but meeting all the many new people and being able to watch so many hype matches and cheer for socal totally made the whole weekend worth it! big thanks to everyone who ran the tourney, especially pat for putting up with me.

massive shoutout to WESTBALLZ for being the most awesome person ever. thanks bro.
more shoutouts to come, just got back and am hella tired.

cant wait for those vids! :awesome: as well as the full results. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
Best weekend of my life. Shout outs later :)

I'm still at the hotel, can anyone give me a ride to the BART station tomorrow around 10:30 AM? Thanks!
Hey man, my group is here too, room 233 if u wanna hang out or brawl if u want (we have project M here too). Sorry were not melee guys :p

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
This tournament was GREAT in many ways and couldn't explain how each day got better. Friday was good, saturday was better, and sunday was like frosting on top of a cake with a cherry on top and another cherry on top of another cherry lols

So many nice people, a great dancing performance from the Mister Mitchell Tang, and the Ramada Inn random walk abouts ;D

Also,......thanks to everyone calling me Goku or Vegeta T___________T haha you guys are silly :pPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom