• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Smash Ace
Posting this again on a new page so people don't miss it!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING GENESIS 2!

Please refer to the following three links to threads in the Pac West Regional forum concerning Housing, BART -> Hotel transportation, and Setups for the tournament!

Setups Thread for TV's / Wii's / Gamecubes!

Housing / Hotel Room Finder Thread!

BART -> Ramada Inn Transportation thread for Thursday July 14th!

Please go to these threads and post / contribute where appropriate or necessary! I'm hoping to see all you classy mofo's at least posting that you can help with system setups, as at the very least that'll mean free food & drink for you during the tournament. xD

And speaking of the tournament... my god, just 1 month away until people start flocking to Antioch for the biggest event of the year!

I feel kind of bad, really... We've got some ridiculously cool new developments for the tournament that have only just materialized that's gonna blow you guys away. Buuuut I think i'll hold off on those for just a little while longer. =)

King Out

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'll try to bring a console, but it won't be easy at it will take space for nothing in my bag, which is already likely to be hevier than flight companies limitations.

I'll be bringing my NTSC Melee disc anyway, in case some are missing, and I'll also bring my PAL disc, for those who'd want to try it.
Speaking of which, a while ago, I thought of this : I could buy second hand PAL Melee disc in France before leaving, and then sell them to those who'd like to have one. They usually cost 10 to 15€ over here ($14 to $21), a pretty high price considering that they are gamecube games. Yet, I thought some people could be interested.
I would bring them to Genesis and sell them for the price I paid. For those who'd want one, it would be cheaper than buying one online and paying shipping costs.

Would anyone be interested ? If enough people are interested, I'll make a thread in tournament discussion to take care of it.

I'm pretty sure you all want to play against a Sheik that cannot chaingrab :p

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Considering Melee stills costs 30 bucks in most store over here, I dont think thats a steep price at all.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming from the other side of the world for a long trip so I can't help with setups :(

I can bring NTSC melee if it's needed...

Metà

Smash Master
I tried playing PAL over here when Fuzzyness visited, but it didn't work. We even tried using AR to bypass the region code or whatever, but it was just jumping all over the screen--totally unplayable. I think you need a PAL gamecube or something? I dunno

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
PAL TVs scan 50 times per second while NTSC are 60 times per second, so if you play one on the other, even if you bypass the regional junk, the scanning will be all messed up. I don't know if this still applies for LCD/plasma TVs.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
PAL TVs scan 50 times per second while NTSC are 60 times per second, so if you play one on the other, even if you bypass the regional junk, the scanning will be all messed up. I don't know if this still applies for LCD/plasma TVs.
There's a option to put PAL versions in 60 Hz mode. Otherwise we wouldn't play Melee here ;)

Can somebody confirm me that it works well ? You also need a freeloader or an AR, but you can find these for cheap.

For thoe who are interested, I'll create a thread either tomorrow or saturday, and I'll organize all of this.

MissingNo.

Smash Cadet
Is no one else excited about the news that King has not yet announced? I'm not even able to go, or nearly as good as probably anyone in this thread, and I'm even excited.

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
ganon's fair is weaker but they no doubt that ganon is way better in pal

sheik can't CG, fox ,marth are nerfed....
PP don't buy a PAL game, you're strong enough lol.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol awesome! Most versions of green tea are amazing. But I need to look up exactly what types of teas are in England that arent out this way :D

:phone:

Trela

Smash Lord
I hope you guys are ready for this, because Houston definitely is!

.....Well, almost lol. We will be soon, though!

stelzig

Smash Lord
There's a option to put PAL versions in 60 Hz mode. Otherwise we wouldn't play Melee here ;)

Can somebody confirm me that it works well ? You also need a freeloader or an AR, but you can find these for cheap.
Yeah, this. The game will ask you if you want to play in 60hz on a 50hz picture though so maybe it will be jumpy there. If that question/message didn't show up for you then the game was started in 50hz and you should've held down B (i think it's B) when you launched the game.
Well at least NTSC games work fine on PAL tvs so I don't see why it shouldn't work the other way around.

You can also use the homebrew channel (gecko) to launch the game if you have a wii.

Hitting your first Fair with ganon in NTSC is hillarious.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yeah, this. The game will ask you if you want to play in 60hz on a 50hz picture though so maybe it will be jumpy there. If that question/message didn't show up for you then the game was started in 50hz and you should've held down B (i think it's B) when you launched the game.
Note that it only works with port 1. And you have to hold down B really early after starting the GC. I actually start holding it down before I turn the GC on.
Once you do it, it will appear automatically the next times you'll launch the game.

:phone:

heytallman

CTALL
I'm going to be bringing my video camera to this and shooting a documentary/highlight/hype video. I want to get quick little interviews with quite a few players, both Brawl and Melee, and generally document the whole weekend.

So I have a question. Since I'll likely be shooting A LOT of footage, should I split it up into parts ~10 minutes long each, or keep it as one huge video? What would you guys want to see?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean, if you have the possibility of making it 1 long video, I would do that. Or if you want, split things up into different videos based on content. Brawl videos/interviews/whatever for 1, Melee for the other. Or footage of games played/onsite tournament stuff/fun stuff/ in 1 video, more serious content like interviews in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom