• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Melee and Brawl will be given as equal treatment as possible. However you must realize that practicality factors into it at some point. Brawl needs to step it up with bringing setups, especially consoles. I realize that it's harder given that Melee runs on a console that's like 1/5 the price, but that's the reality of the situation.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Whoa, I am not trying to start anything, I just wanna know if an attendance list will be visible. I'll probably end up entering both, but will be going for brawl.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
5$? I never liked the samus doc MU, plus you have experience in it with Darrel (Who is ok).

Anybody else wanna MM? Melee or Brawl, IDGAF

Shroomed

Smash Master
5$? I never liked the samus doc MU, plus you have experience in it with Darrel (Who is ok).

Anybody else wanna MM? Melee or Brawl, IDGAF
LOL darrell jus gets an OK?

i probably played hugo more than darrell by now

and deal

stingers

Smash Obsessed
LOL get over it dude. Don't be so effected by someones opinion and do what you like.
why would I want to come to a tournament in which the majority of the people there have made it clear they dont us to be there? idk seems kind of silly to me

sadly these things happen, it was the same for pound and apex, there is no use in ignoring the problem, what we should do is confront it head on and try to figure out a solution instead

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It is pretty annoying Stingers. Sad thing is I was once apart of the Melee community and can't fathom to ever see myself acting like alot of them do about Brawl. Its down right disgraceful sometimes.

I still plan to come, and will bring a setup to help out.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Saying the majority of the Melee community is a bunch disrespectful haters is the same thing as saying the majority of the Brawl community is a bunch of immature annoying children.

You need to stop judging the whole by the actions of a vocal minority if you want them to do the same for you~

AllyKnight

Saying the majority of the Melee community is a bunch disrespectful haters is the same thing as saying the majority of the Brawl community is a bunch of immature annoying children.

You need to stop judging the whole by the actions of a vocal minority if you want them to do the same for you~
West Coast is like the Land of the Brawl hate. Don't even try to compare. We got old people as well. Melee people are just ****ing rude and annoying. (Yes not all of em of course I know some cool ones) but you don't see Brawl people type:

LOLOlol Melee sucks dawg, old piece of ****.

Instead they type:

We respect Melee blahblah.

Like grow the **** up already, ****ing grown men with the mentality of 13yo.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hyuga, the fact that you took personal offense to what I was saying just proves my point. the melee community (as a whole ofc, the same as any generalization, i am not attacking each individual member just the group mentality) does not welcome brawl at tournaments it is at. that's not even really the issue, the issue is that TOs keep trying to stuff both pegs into the same hole. i was not attacking you so there is no need to make attacks back, I am just stating the facts. if you do not believe it is a fact, then just know that it is the way the brawl community (as a whole) takes the situation

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
West Coast is like the Land of the Brawl hate. Don't even try to compare. We got old people as well. Melee people are just ****ing rude and annoying. (Yes not all of em of course I know some cool ones) but you don't see Brawl people type:

LOLOlol Melee sucks dawg, old piece of ****.

Instead they type:

We respect Melee blahblah.

Like grow the **** up already, ****ing grown men with the mentality of 13yo.

so the first line of your response to his post, which advises against making generalizations, includes a generalization. well played

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ally be nice.

If you are a brawl player, ignore the melee players who are pissing you off.

If you are a melee player, ignore the brawl players who are pissing you off.

If you don't give a **** either way, enjoy the differences in the communities.

Nuff said.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Stingers I didn't take personal offense to anything I simply pointed out that over-generalizations breed over-generalizations.

I don't know why Brawl players need validation from Melee players anyway. Everyone should just be happy to do their own thing and accept that haters gonna hate. Smashers don't need validation from SRK people. I'm reluctant to believe that there's as much Brawl-hate going on as Ally seems to think there is. I think it's mostly just dumb-****s on the boards trying to look cool with their LOLBRAWL sigs or whatever, and mostly not the actual people that show up to tournaments. And there's also a difference between hate and making jokes; if you can't take jokes about your game then that probably says something!

Regardless as I said before, Melee and Brawl at Genesis are going to be put on as equal footing as practically possible. And there's a simple solution to avoid having the "majority" of people at the tournament supposedly not wanting you there, which is to BE the majority.

You're a melee player, you fit into the dumb category, case closed. :awesome:
Ad hominem circumstantial.

Yayaya.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
TO's of this start personally going to region threads and asking people if they are going.

Also, make sure matches will be recorded and uploaded. I know u wont have a stream and that is okay. But the EC is correct in saying that yall suck at uploading vids ;) Yall vids are from like 09. Lets do better and start with Genesis 2!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I know Melee is gonna have like 7 recording setups or something because there are no replays for that game (Quite unfortunate).

Brawl players all need to save their matches and send them to VGBC to upload. They uploaded like 30 videos in a day...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
why would I want to come to a tournament in which the majority of the people there have made it clear they dont us to be there? idk seems kind of silly to me

sadly these things happen, it was the same for pound and apex, there is no use in ignoring the problem, what we should do is confront it head on and try to figure out a solution instead
I like brawl players even though I only do melee ^_^
You guys are fun. besides, you guys also arm wrestle :p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ARM wrestling at apex was pretty hype. I still got the vids lol

Genesis 1 was fine attendance wise for brawl and the thread was entirely melee hype. Probably the same scenario for this one. Go see the genesis 1 thread then see the results thread for attendance. the thread made it look like there wasn't even a tourney for brawl there

MacD

i bet if you went to AiB, it'd look like there wasn't even a melee tourney

and i still have nightmares about that arm wrestling from rom3, should kill hbox for making me do that

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
rofl @ identifying fallacies, smashers are educated since when?

look i insulted all 3 smash game players there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom