• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
i bet if you went to AiB, it'd look like there wasn't even a melee tourney

and i still have nightmares about that arm wrestling from rom3, should kill hbox for making me do that
LOOOOOOOOOOL

Watching you and M2K try to arm wrestle is definitely one of my highlights of that tourney :p

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
LOL Ally please don't tell me you're just scared to play our coast again after what happened last time you came out. I'm sure you're 100% sure this is going to surpass the 100 people you think are going to show up (i'm sure it'll get 200), so what else could it be other then a fear of getting wrecked.

Stingers I didn't take personal offense to anything I simply pointed out that over-generalizations breed over-generalizations.

I don't know why Brawl players need validation from Melee players anyway. Everyone should just be happy to do their own thing and accept that haters gonna hate. Smashers don't need validation from SRK people. I'm reluctant to believe that there's as much Brawl-hate going on as Ally seems to think there is. I think it's mostly just dumb-****s on the boards trying to look cool with their LOLBRAWL sigs or whatever, and mostly not the actual people that show up to tournaments. And there's also a difference between hate and making jokes; if you can't take jokes about your game then that probably says something!

Regardless as I said before, Melee and Brawl at Genesis are going to be put on as equal footing as practically possible. And there's a simple solution to avoid having the "majority" of people at the tournament supposedly not wanting you there, which is to BE the majority.
qft

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Mike Haze with the callout and Kage with the real talk ^

The entire Directional Influence crew should be going to this =) Rapture, Will, and I along with (hopefully) some of the rest of Long Island should be at this if all goes well!

<3 WC

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
LOL Ally please don't tell me you're just scared to play our coast again after what happened last time you came out. I'm sure you're 100% sure this is going to surpass the 100 people you think are going to show up (i'm sure it'll get 200), so what else could it be other then a fear of getting wrecked.

qft
Lose to my DK/ICS More, I'm not afraid. MAYBE afraid of going to a tourney just not worth it. Stop being stupid Mike. And I'm talking about the locals/ new faces, it sure don't help them.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
play me in tournament

You do know west coast has a really big brawl scene, right? There is no way this will get less than 150 entrants AND that's if nobody fly's out from out of region.

Also to retort: if your issue is lack of attendance you should be aware that your negative posts only bring down others, you silly goose.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This EXACT thing happened in the original Genesis thread and brawl had a superb turnout there.

I think you just like complaining.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Mike Haze with the callout and Kage with the real talk ^

The entire Directional Influence crew should be going to this =) Rapture, Will, and I along with (hopefully) some of the rest of Long Island should be at this if all goes well!

<3 WC
PD, did Vinnie ever talk to you about rooming with NJ?

I never got a reply from your, Kirin, or Will.

Let's go bro!
Nah, you can stay Keitaro, but Ally should go...

He's being a poop head <3

Shroomed

Smash Master
wow ally, you come off as a huge ****in ******

gettin all heated cuz someone talkin **** about ur game? and you call us 13 y/o? man the **** up cuz

melee hype =)

i mite jus buy a new controller and break it in for this

EDIT: I really hope darkrain comes and we get to play

The King

Smash Ace
The select few Brawl players in this thread carrying around misconceptions and generalities need to understand something. There will always be some animosity between Melee & Brawl, that's just how it is lol. Don't let the vocal minority get to you.

When it all comes down to it, it doesn't matter if a few melee players don't want you at their tournaments. It also doesn't matter if a few brawl players don't want melee players at their events. What matters is this:

*WE*, the tournament organizers / staff members / volunteers, absolutely want you here at our tournament. We're doing everything we can to bring both sides of our community the best experience imaginable, and would like nothing more than to provide both the Melee & Brawl side of Genesis-II with a tournament that'll live on in their memories for years to come.

The dedication to deliver a fair, well-orchestrated, epic tournament event is what should be the deciding factor in why one chooses to attend an event... not whether or not another game from the same damn franchise will be sharing the building with you for a few days lol.

-King Out

Alphicans

Smash Hero
And of course my question doesn't get answered :(. Stupid brawl vs melee getting in the way.

Will there be a visible attendance list? And when will pre reg be up?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol yall are hilarious! Well turnout is gonna be nice so everyone lets go to genesis 2!

Yo Mikehaze u got all yer hotel room stuff together? Me and Fow wanna know if we can split with ya and whoever else is with u.

The King

Smash Ace
The attendance list will most likely be visible from the preregistration list, i.e. those that have purchased their pre-reg ticket will show up on a generated list of names for all to see on our webpage. Nothing will be 100% confirmed until the Friday of Genesis-II of course, and the list will most likely balloon exponentially as the tournament date approaches (because Smashers are a lovely bunch of procrastinators lol), but it'll be there.

Once it's up, don't bother starting drama like "omg there's only 126 people signed up and it's late March right now, nobody's going to Genesis!" Every big smash tourney worth it's salt that's done pre-reg will tell you that the bulk of the numbers always seem to sign up in the last 2 months prior to the event.

Also, the creation of Pre-reg is hinging on Mr. Boback at the moment, so once he's less-bogged down with other responsibilities I'm sure he'll start working on it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The attendance list will most likely be visible from the preregistration list, i.e. those that have purchased their pre-reg ticket will show up on a generated list of names for all to see on our webpage. Nothing will be 100% confirmed until the Friday of Genesis-II of course, and the list will most likely balloon exponentially as the tournament date approaches (because Smashers are a lovely bunch of procrastinators lol), but it'll be there.

Once it's up, don't bother starting drama like "omg there's only 126 people signed up and it's late March right now, nobody's going to Genesis!" Every big smash tourney worth it's salt that's done pre-reg will tell you that the bulk of the numbers always seem to sign up in the last 2 months prior to the event.

Also, the creation of Pre-reg is hinging on Mr. Boback at the moment, so once he's less-bogged down with other responsibilities I'm sure he'll start working on it.
Ok thank you. And yes I realize that most people register very close to the date of the tournament. However, if there are a lot of numbers well before the tournament, chances are there is going to be a really good turnout. This is the kind of information I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom