• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm excited for pools and not even going! Also, the tournament experience actually starts on Thursday!
yep

Im curious to see whos in my pool. The chances I'd be able to practice against any particular character are like nonexistant, unless someone from florida happens to play them.

I just want to gauge how difficult it will be to get a high seeding for round 2 pools

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
It's been a looooong road, guys, but all our hard work and dedication is about to pay off. I'm looking forward to meeting as many new friends as possible and making this a truly unforgettable experience. Just a little while ago Genesis seemed like this far-off dream, and now that we're mere days away, it's unreal! Words cannot describe how much hype is coursing through me right now! It's time to become the best and rewrite the history books! It's time to make it happen! :)

My friends and I are gonna pack and get our final practice in tomorrow, then head up the Cali coast on the 14th. I can't wait to meet everyone at the Ramada and the venue! Good luck and have a safe trip, guys! If ya see me in my yellow QuesoKirby T-Shirt, don't forget to stop by and say hi! I don't bite! :bee:

So here we are. The greatest tournament in the history of Smash, and the world over! Let's do this, guys. It's time to win or go home tryin'! I'm gonna do my best and I expect nothing less from each and every one of you. No matter what happens, though, I'm gonna go home at the end of the tourney with a smile on my face. So let's put our game faces on, and get this show on the road! I'll see you all in Antioch! Good luck and godspeed! :)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Good **** dude but why don't you play with the San Diego players?

I think I may have seen you at the first Genesis or WGF but that's it.

Metà

Smash Master
I just read the rules, and I gotta hand it to DBR for adding this rule:

-Pause is set to “Off” (Non of that quick reset bull****!)

yes! no more resets! I even do this in friendlies now too, cause people can be really annoying about this. I really hate when people quit for me, that's like the worst thing you can do *coughcoughm2k*

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's been a looooong road, guys, but all our hard work and dedication is about to pay off. I'm looking forward to meeting as many new friends as possible and making this a truly unforgettable experience. Just a little while ago Genesis seemed like this far-off dream, and now that we're mere days away, it's unreal! Words cannot describe how much hype is coursing through me right now! It's time to become the best and rewrite the history books! It's time to make it happen! :)

My friends and I are gonna pack and get our final practice in tomorrow, then head up the Cali coast on the 14th. I can't wait to meet everyone at the Ramada and the venue! Good luck and have a safe trip, guys! If ya see me in my yellow QuesoKirby T-Shirt, don't forget to stop by and say hi! I don't bite! :bee:

So here we are. The greatest tournament in the history of Smash, and the world over! Let's do this, guys. It's time to win or go home tryin'! I'm gonna do my best and I expect nothing less from each and every one of you. No matter what happens, though, I'm gonna go home at the end of the tourney with a smile on my face. So let's put our game faces on, and get this show on the road! I'll see you all in Antioch! Good luck and godspeed! :)
He's ready.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Good **** dude but why don't you play with the San Diego players?

I think I may have seen you at the first Genesis or WGF but that's it.
The trials and tribulations of life have caught up with me in the past, but that ain't happenin' here! I'd go to more tourneys if I had the chance, believe me. Thankfully, I'ma get tons of practice in at the Ramada and friendlies at the venue before the competition gets underway. You've seen me before? Man, we should'a talked and played a few rounds or somethin'! If ya see me around the hotel or venue, feel free to hit me up! :)

Have a safe trip man! See ya there! :bee:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
quick question, for those who are late registered, is the plan that youll make pools out of those players, or will you add them to existing pools?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
quick question, for those who are late registered, is the plan that youll make pools out of those players, or will you add them to existing pools?
Obviously, they're all getting added to Mew2King's pool.

sidefx

Smash Champion
god damn these melee pools are STACKED.

doing my best to avoid death pools

depending on their seeds we'll have to reseed accordingly for the new registrants on thursday.

and holy **** @ the number of people viewing the thread.

(almost done, then i gotta figure out how im gonna upload these pools.. lol)

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm not surprised that some pools would be stacked in the first round! Tournament scene has gotten to the point where almost anyone can be a threat! I don't think making it to the bracket is gonna be easy!

Edit - I think Boback is trolling us hard! We'll still be here come sunshine!

Metà

Smash Master
I know this is very unlikely to happen, but in the event of sudden death matches, how long should the timer be set for? 2 minutes seems most reasonable, cause it's 1/4 of a normal match

"If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage."

says nothing about time in the rules

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
crazy californians and it only being 1am over there

its too late for EC, im going to bed. hopefully i can wake up to two scoops of 1st round pools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom