• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
this weekend.

the people who are helping me with seeding arent available until friday, so saturday or sundaythey'll probably be up.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
This is co close.. The hype is building up more each day..

I'd like to get a large G2 photo of like EVERYONE..I prolly won't have a camera large enough to get everyone in a photo.. (that or everyone won't cooperate anyway) >.>; but hey it's a start.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
i dont get why people get mad at others for not trying their hardest.

for top caliber players such as axe, the amount of brain power and attention needed to play their hardest 100% of the time is stressful and completely unnecessary, which is why they sandbag. Im not saying all top players do, but the majority of them do because they can get away with not having to think as much and try as hard.

Stop taking it so damn personally. If theyre beating you while theyre sandbagging, then theyre still doing SOMETHING right, and youre still probably doing something wrong. So why dont you just start from there and learn what youre doing wrong, and then get better at that, so next time you play them, they cant get away with it, and youll force them into actually trying.

And plus, for most people LOCALS are a place to just kick back and not give a **** about placing. Most people just go to kick it and hang out with people, you cant knock them for wanting to just hang out with the homies. Just because you go there to see how far you can get in bracket with people you play with on a weekly basis who know your every move and play style, doesnt mean everyone else will.

LOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALSLOCALS(probably) wont be taken into consideration for seeding.

the.

end.

BRAVOOOO (:

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rubyiris,

Nobody owes you anything. Deal with it.
Whatever you say ******.

@Sveet:

Thanks for the free dollar, because you're DESPERATELY underrating my vs marth game, and probably just how good I am at this game.

Oh it's going to be fun showing the world how much better I am than most of you little ****s.

MacD

Banned via Administration
LOL

and to think this is the guy who says he deserves respect

really though, everyone should just ignore him. put him on your ignore list or something if you can't ignore posts normally. many different times in many different threads have people tried to explain to him why things are the way they are. and this is always the end result. lots of complaining and nothing ever changes.

it's in everyone's best intrest to stop responding to him and instead, be like "OMG WTF, GENESIS IS NEXT WEEK" cause that's totally what i'm doing right now

sidefx

Smash Champion
@ruby
keep it up and youll have to listen to grand finals from the front gate of the venue.

and omfg its next week. i think i just got another 10 gray hairs.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
LOL

and to think this is the guy who says he deserves respect

really though, everyone should just ignore him. put him on your ignore list or something if you can't ignore posts normally. many different times in many different threads have people tried to explain to him why things are the way they are. and this is always the end result. lots of complaining and nothing ever changes.

it's in everyone's best intrest to stop responding to him and instead, be like "OMG WTF, GENESIS IS NEXT WEEK" cause that's totally what i'm doing right now
oh, how is this done?

btw, :starman:hype:starman:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I didn't ask for respect. I asked to be taken seriously. It's not my fault you lack the capability to read past a 4th grade level. I guess in order to be video games you have to be illiterate. :)

@SideFX: You'll owe me the fee for genesis, my plane ticket, and the greyhound ticket. Or maybe you and the rest of SWF could try learning how to read. :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I may contribute something... I know that people are advising to ignore Ruby, but at the very least he's speaking his mind. Really hate to bring it back to this, and if I get an infraction (for whatever reason), then it's not a big deal so much as I feel I can just clear things up from my perspective.

Freedom of speech, especially on the internet, is something to be verbalized. To me? I feel that no matter how frustrating it could be, Ruby could garner some better respect if he showed some sense of being humble over his success, big or small. Let people talk; no differently from you talking to back yourself up. I guess in the long run of things, I can see where both sides are coming from in this perdicament. You want to know you won or lost while facing your opponent at their best at a tournament. By the same token? For those that know they can go far and want to conserve their mental capacity for the next big opponent, they may hold back or play more methodically to pick apart the guy before the challenge. There's always going to be some effort put into a bout, but I'm guilty of holding back in earlier times myself.

An example on my end of what happened when I gave my 110% non-stop, both in friendlies and in tourney matches? WHOBO 3. I succeeded in breaking out of a tough pool, and went in strong against strong players such as Illmatic and Logic. I didn't miss a beat, but felt pride in knowing that I almost won while doing my best. But then it hit me. My full power was suddenly drained the second that I was done in the actual bracket. I was done, finished, and it showed in how Chaz (someone who I eagerly anticipated a rematch with, and with my extensive Marth match-up knowledge, I was confident I could make it a good fight or even win) practically ripped me a new one. I was drained. I had nothing left, even as I DID try my best.

Ultimately? That's where I learned how sandbagging or taking it easy on the first match in a set can help reserve your strength to keep you going. Funny how so much can go into a video game of all things. I do my best to maintain a "going all out" mindset when it comes to tournaments, but if I find that what I'm doing is working against someone I face? I'm gonna stick with it until they catch on, and evidently, reserve my energy.

It hurts when you find out that your victory has been soiled by the fact they didn't give it their all. But in the end? I learned something. I now have something that I will follow when it comes to all aspects of competition, for as long as I live.

--

When you sandbag and win, your opponent has much to learn. When you sandbag and lose, you're the fool who dared to second guess their prowess. Hold back at your own risk, least you lose everything.

--

Sandbagging is a double-edged sword, especially when used in tournament. Do you dare risk the chance of letting your opponent ride the momentum of their first match win on you? That's ultimately for you to decide.

"You just beat me... But I wasn't even trying my hardest."

"And look where that got you."

Ruby, my suggestion to you? Don't piss off the tournament organizers and show a little more respect instead of throwing out insults. Your side is relatable, but you're not presenting yourself in the smoothest of manners... Just saying. Sorry for this, but I just wanted to speak my mind on the matter, let alone what it means to me to give it my all, or what to do against someone who sandbags against me. If I fight someone whose holding back? You're damn right I'm not going to let it slide and do everything in my power to make them regret it.

I won't ask any of you to hold nothing back, come Genesis 2. My skill will talk, and MAKE you hold nothing back unless you wanna fall. That's the goal I'm setting for myself at this.

One week away... HYPE!!!!

Zoap

Smash Master
I know at least 4 people who have gotten food poisoning from Red Lobster, it is definitely not legit.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If boback wants to bar my entry, that's cool. I just don't care anymore. Nothing I can do will ever change people's impression of me. Even when I first joined in 06 people were *******s to me arbitrarily, so clearly being nice and respectable isn't what it takes on SWF, or anywhere else online, and neither does pretty much anything else. :\

@Zoap: You can get food poisoning pretty much anywhere, to be honest.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What does "be taken seriously" mean? In the literal sense, we have all taken you seriously. What you are implying is that you want people's respect.

Zoap

Smash Master
@SideFX: You'll owe me the fee for genesis, my plane ticket, and the greyhound ticket. Or maybe you and the rest of SWF could try learning how to read. :)
It's his tournament, if he doesn't want you in his venue that's his decision.He wanted you to drop your insignificant attempt to get seeded and he clearly stated that locals won't be used, so continuing any argument to get them to be included only makes you look like you can't comprehend.

Furthermore, he doesn't owe you for any plane ticket or greyhound ticket, as he didn't make you choose not to read and follow his wishes for his tournament, which in turn may lead to you being effectively "banned". He can refund your fees for the actual events till the 14th as he stated, but he is in no way responsible beyond that.

TL:DR: Drop the attitude and the seeding issue. It's HIS tournament and if he doesn't want you to be in his venue for whatever reason you're **** out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom