• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR presents: Evolution *LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE*

Dibs

Smash Lord
I'm Lovin this video. Excellent work you guys. My favorite part was the yadidi parts.. YadidiWord.

Demised

Smash Ace
Guys, i dont know what to say. On behalf of all of AZ, thank you DBR. Thank you for putting the time into the video and the dedicated to. I really dont know what to say. Trevyn and I didnt know what to say when we saw it. I dont know if i can watch the end of the video anymore. Thank you...thank you...

x_cal

Smash Cadet
Good stuff DBR, as a NorCal smasher, I'd know you guys won't disappoint, and I was right - the video kicked major amounts of a$$.

OMFG at Zel's tech of Miguel's spike and the shinespike afterwards O.O
Also O.O at teh transition of Zel's infinite on Mute City, took me long time to realize teh victim changed from Peach to Ganon.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Wow great vid! There were parts in there where I couldn't believe what I was watching. Definitely worth the wait, some of those combos I was like OMGWTF he just did what?!?! Great job!

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
in my opinion DBR reinvents the way characters are played. Mike Nasty and the way he uses bombs, the Germ.. well that speaks for itself. Zel got lots of players into Fox (and smash). Knowing this going in, I had high expectations, and I wasn't let down. You guys have improved so much. The speed and mindgames and everything. Also I think maybe there will be a new wave of Peach and Jiggly players on the horizon.

Awesome stuff guys, you really bring out what's so great about smash in your videos.

Demised

Smash Ace
Bread-Butterer said:
in my opinion DBR reinvents the way characters are played. Mike Nasty and the way he uses bombs, the Germ.. well that speaks for itself. Zel got lots of players into Fox (and smash). Knowing this going in, I had high expectations, and I wasn't let down. You guys have improved so much. The speed and mindgames and everything. Also I think maybe there will be a new wave of Peach and Jiggly players on the horizon.

Awesome stuff guys, you really bring out what's so great about smash in your videos.
more Jigg players?..uh oh..Looks like King and i gotta represent=p

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I don't take any Word to say for this video!!
- Bob$: u're Good Player, nice combinations, U have more velocity!! (and de Rocky's Dance!! xD nice!! Rocky RLZ!!)
- Clod-Zero: Your Velocity is wonderfull, i need to training more with My Falcon...
- Mike Nasty: U're the Bomb Master!! I like this combos, but i use another techniques xP I like Samus!!
- DieSuperFly: U use much grab... i don't Like this, i se u can't domine the Short Hop, But i'ts Ok..
- The GERM: I See in you a Good Player, nice combos, Very Good Combination, u're my inspiration With Link
- Hella: Well.. I'ts a first Very Good Peach's Video Combo what i see ^^
- King: O_O This is a Really PokePuff!! xD Very Nice
- Zelgadis: Just as The GERM, U're my inspiration With Fox, This is a Really Mr. Reflector XD, But... You Depende very Much for This technique, this isn't good (or not?)

I know, My Eniglish isn't good ( i don't Practice after 4 years), I hope u understand Me xP And I Really Hope Fight With all !! (But first i need to Escape To this Country @___@!!

Synt

Ah si, xD dudo que alguno de ustedes, los de D.B.R entiendan el Español (quién sabe...), pero igual, me a gustado el video, la mayoría de las cosas, no todas... xD ah si e insisto, el Bailecito de Bob$ esta muy bueno!! soy fan de ese bailecito!! XD

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Metaknight04 said:
Wow, that was possibly the best smash video ever made... And who's this Tony guy?

A guy who smashed with them? Who knows? All I know is that he was really important to them, and that we should respect that.

[EDIT] Oh, another thing we should respect...OMFG!!! This video is the best one I've ever seen! Props to D.B.R. for pulling through and getting this to us. You guys seriously didn't have to lose that much sleep over it though...

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
good job, despite all the impatient people out there kept bugging you as if they had nothing else to do while creating other threads and trying to make this a hype.

of course, DBR is that popular. good stuff.

germ....

WHAM! SAM! LOOL

Demised

Smash Ace
Metaknight04 said:
Wow, that was possibly the best smash video ever made... And who's this Tony guy?
Tony, or Undisputed was one of my personal best friends and very close friend of DBR. He was to good back in the day. 9th at FC3, ganon all the way. He was also my partner.=/. Please show respect

K10

Smash Apprentice
Awesome vid. I thought it shoud've been better quality though. I know it would've made the dl a lot bigger but for me, I guess it would be worth it.
Comments:

BOB$: Awesome Doc, you've improved from the last time I saw a video with you in it(Overdose). The lack of pills used is great, pill spamming is so cheap. It is great that you don't have to play the same way as a bunch of crappy Doc players. Awesome Job

Clod-Zero: Even better than your first combo video. In your old one, it seemed like you relied of SH knee(weak knee) then U-air. Don't get me wrong, it's a great combo, but it seemed to be kind of repetetive in it. I still thought it was an awesome video. This new one is a lot better though(your 5 mins in it). You were my inspiration of quitting Falcon(don't worry it's a good thing....I thought I was good then I saw your footage and I almost orgasmed...just kidding, but your work is awesome).

Mike Nasty: I loved all of those crazy things that you've done with the bombs. In most Samus videos people just show how they can make the same decent recoveries as a bunch of other people(bomb jump/grapple), but I am glad to see that in this video(your part), their are crazy things that hundreds of people can't do. Great Samus....Keep it up.

DieSuperFly: You did some awesome grab combos. You are the best Sheik I've seen. Although you beat Ken, I wouldn't really consider it a win because he kinda killed himself. You still had a great chance of winning and judging on your greatness in this video,you probably would've won. Although hardly used, you did a great job with your darts or needles or whatever they are. Keep up the great grabs.

GERM: In my opinion...you are the best of DBR. People say that Zelgadis is, but I have to disagree. The fact that you play better than everyone else is great. But when you realize that you are using a character in lower tier than everyone else in DBR, it seems awesome. You have great bomb skills. It would've been awesome to see an awesome bomb-tech recovery. I think, you have great boomerang skills. I'm sure it annoys people but they can't do anything about it. Thankyou for making this video along with others. And keep up the good work.

Hella: You've shown me something with peach that I haven't seen anywhere else....the productivity of the umbrella. I'm sure it's no big deal, but I never thought that it could be used in such combo-riffic ways. I recently started playing Peach. I am that good but I would hope to be as much as half as good as you are. Thanx for the great sounds. Keep up the umbrella-riffic combos.

King: Even though I think GERM is the best. I thought your section in this video was the best. You made the most amazing recoveries ever. I mained Jiggs for a while until I just suddenly lost it and stopped playing as him/her/it. But you've inspired me to get good as Jiggs again. BTW: Awesome combos(Wall of Pain and Rest combos). Thanks for making this awesome video even better.

Zelgadis: You are simply amazing. Your shine spikes. Infinite wallshines. You name it. You are great at it. I can't see how you do the Illusion-shine, it seems crazy hard. Well I can waveshine(a little) and I am not bad at it, but you do it with such flow. You are great. Thankyou for making this video a whole lot better.

Everyone: This was an awesome video. I didn't care about the delays. You guys are awesome. I hope I will have the pleasure of playing against one of you someday(doubt it...I live in hawaii). I'm sorry for that Tony guy. I've never heard of him but I am still sorry. This video will go down in history as the longest, most irrepetetive, and combo-riffic smash videos of all time. Thankyou all....By the way...In my opinion, you are all the best as your mains(better than anyone else who plays same character). Oh and one more thing....How old are you guys?

ADAD

Smash Cadet
Congratulations .D.B.R. , this video it`s very good, product of a hard work and a team work. Good job.

sidefx

Smash Champion
soo much work went into this.. im glad its finally over. no more late nights at germ's place or mine.. or jack n the box at 3am.. or countless hours of editing and rendering...

i just want a couple shout outs of my own..

german: thanks for letting me work on this video, seriously i learned alot through this process, we can work somethign out for the vs screens .. lol

zohreh: thanks for putting up with everyones ****. especially mine and germans on this video. no more 5am all nighters infront of the computer.. you can sleep in peace with germy boy now. hahaha you sick ****'s

grezelle: thanks for putting up with my ****, and countless hours of not talking to you and getting pissed off at me.. hahaha seriously though no more videos for a while.. ill come over alot more now since im free

rest of dbr. good **** guys, obviously this wouldnt have been a video without you guys in it.. so.. congrats you guys are ****ing famous or something like that. hahahaha

and to everyone who has d/led it. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for your continued support and spam hahaha, it wouldnt be nearly as satisfying wihtout you guys eagerly waiting for it..

like german and zohreh said earlier today, " it feels like its ****ing new years or something"

hahahaha, i have nothing else to do now.. feels weird.

oh how about i go to sleep. what a splendid idea..

RPK

Smash Lord
Rofl at sidefx's post well the last part of it atleast. And I agree that you guys would feel happy since you worked your @sses off to get this video to us and that you got all the support and spam and just as much when it came out. And yeah I think you guys are pretty much famous now >.< if not more >.< anyways good job, the video was awesome. And yes Oreo...you got Ownzord >.<

The GERM

Smash Ace
Really, this video wouldn't have been half as good without Boback(SideFX), he's the one who made this all happen in the end. He made the name intros, fixed all the rendering, audio, video problems, made the credits, made the dedication, and made the intro all by himself. He honestly didn't have to sacrifice so much time and sleepless night's for our crew's video, he did it on his own free will. Thanx a lot Boback from all of us, I consider you as one of DBR

Metà

Smash Master
Demised said:
Tony, or Undisputed was one of my personal best friends and very close friend of DBR. He was to good back in the day. 9th at FC3, ganon all the way. He was also my partner.=/. Please show respect
I wasn't being disrespectful, I just didn't know who he was. Is he dead or something? I can assume something like that, if so, sorry to hear that. It's hard to lose someone close to you.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, those introductions were beautiful. Very beautiful video DBR and SideFX, it was very nicely presented and the combos were mind blowing. You guys continue to inspire me and many others. Awesome video one of the best smash videos.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
In-fu*king-sane. Awesome work DBR. Combos are sweet as hell. Complete ownage. Aweosme work guys, Evolution, it's all you need to see. DBR 4 Life.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
wow that video was amazing, i think what was possibly more amazing than the video was the story that went with it, ty for being another reason i procrastinated on my reseach paper, it was well worth the time!!!

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
All right, awesome! I was really impressed with all the footage, to be honest. The ONLY thing that bugged me was that it didn't seem like everyone got an equal amount of screentime, but that's more of a moot point. It's also cool that I can now put faces to the handles of EVERY DBR member. Definitely a recommended download in my book.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
While I'm the only one that notices this, there was quite a few minor encoding glitches that came out, also I had used the torrent download and for some reason it's not switching over to DHT so I can seed.

I also saw some rude bits in there ...

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I’m digging Hella’s style. I loved the old school music, great picks. As expected, the combos were intense. The editing was beautiful. I loved how several scenes faded into the next, and the new ones were in sync with the previous ones. Good editing makes me happy. I also enjoyed the intros, glad to see I’m not the only one who can’t dance. As for the video quality, I was a little disappointed. Was there a better quality version of it that you guys could put up? I’d be willing to wait as long as it takes. It’s always been a pet peeve of mine that most smash videos are so low quality. Anyways, was a great video, enjoyed it a ton. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Theres a little bit better picture quality version, but the sound isnt synched up in the Live intros. If people don't care, I could see about maybe hosting it, but no guarantees.

Top Bottom