• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaShizWiz: APEX 2012 Good Player Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey guys!

I've just talked to Shiz :falcomelee: recently, and he would love to attend APEX 2012. He's not retired just yet =)
However, he needs our help. If whoever wants to see him come pitches in a little, we can reach the goal amount in no time.

The fund would help pay for a plane ticket from Fort Myers Airport FL, to Newark Airport NJ.

I will keep a log of any and all donations in the thread. If for some reason we don't reach the intended amount, or if the player is unable to attend this unprecedented tournament, all donators will be refunded in full. Any donations that go over what is needed for his trip to Apex will also be refunded. Thanks!

Edit: We have reached our goal amount. If there are any further donations I will message the donator and then confirmed with them for a refund, unless you want to donate to him for food, etc. It is not necessary though

Goal amount: $290.00 USD

Donations:

Donator Amount
Chain-Ace $40.00 USD
aisight $125.00 USD
Beat! $10.00 USD
Axe $5.00 USD
King Funk $20.00 USD
Doser $20.00 USD
jedi093 $5.00 USD
V3ctorMan $5.00 USD
CableCho57 $7.00 USD
Acryte $20.00 USD
HBK $53.00 USD
Total: $310.00 USD

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, I won't be contributing to this. I'm not expecting anything impressive out of Shiz even if he did go to this.

Is Shroomed coming to Apex? If not then we should make a good player fund for him.

Max?

Smash Champion
Let's throw around money we don't have so other *****s can travel to tournaments and not win.

Come on sheeple!

PB&J

Smash Hero
Apex is going to be amazing shiz always has amazing matches to watch and he said he is going to train for this tourny(which he didnt do for years btw) so im expecting some Good results from him,you can donate 1 dollar or 200,no amount is too small honestly. With all of the international people coming,im sure they always wanted to meet him,so lets make Apex the best tourny ever

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm not trying to be an *** but I just want to put this out there. Please do not donate money to this. I know shiz is a likable guy but our money would be better spent getting someone who is still active/good at this game.

Shiz will just be a disappointment again.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to be an *** but I just want to put this out there. Please do not donate money to this. I know shiz is a likable guy but our money would be better spent getting someone who is still active/good at this game.

ehm, even though he might not win against top players anymore his playstyle is still ****ing amazing to watch. I don't think those who donate towards this expect him to win but rather just wanna see Shiz play like Shiz does even if it's kinda sloppy.

(And I think I speak for every falco player when I say he is a hero :D)

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Can you just stfu if you don't want to help someone, thank you.

I'd love to have Shiz around one more time, he's awesome. =)

LLDL

Smash Hero
We're already more than half way due to the awesome contribution from aisight. We, really appreciate it man!!

Current Total: $145

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
holy **** Ankoku where's my $125
I'll see if I can scrounge anything up. Money's tight & I gotta make sure I get to Apex myself.

a nub

Smash Ace
I gotta sort some stuff with school financial aid cuz they're saying I owe 12k for the fall lolwut, but after that's done with ill see if I can donate a bit. Shiz vids got me into competitive melee after all

:phone:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
ehm, even though he might not win against top players anymore his playstyle is still ****ing amazing to watch. I don't think those who donate towards this expect him to win but rather just wanna see Shiz play like Shiz does even if it's kinda sloppy.

(And I think I speak for every falco player when I say he is a hero :D)
Well I can't really argue with that. I just didn't want people donating for the wrong reasons.

Can you just stfu if you don't want to help someone, thank you.

I'd love to have Shiz around one more time, he's awesome. =)
If you disagree with me then say so. You don't need to be an ******* about it.

Pi

Smash Hero
gonna go ahead and give my opinion on the matter since it's the internet and i can do that from the safety of my computer chair

If you ask anyone if they'd like to go to a big national like this I'm sure the answer would be a unanimous yea sure I'd love to, there's only the question of money.

Shiz has other focus' right now, he has his musical and dance career that he is focusing on, and if you ask him point blank I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. He had fun playing this game, there is no doubt, and we all had fun watching him, but chances are he isn't going to come back to this game seriously any time soon, so if you're going to donate for him to go, donate because you enjoy watching him play, or you were inspired by him and want to offer him a chance to have some fun before he goes off and attempts to start his life.

Do not donate because you think he's coming back to the scene.

I personally am not going to donate because even though he is fun to watch, I'd rather see some aspiring players be given the opportunity rather than someone who's already run his course with this game and has it put on the back burners while he focuses on other things that are more important to him.
I'm not saying he's wrong in his decision, but I am just curious as why we're more willing to donate to someone who's focus isn't melee when there are plenty of players out there who's focus is melee.

I personally am planning on helping (financially) a couple people here in FL who I've seen potential in, and a drive and willingness to work on improving, and would like to give them the learning opportunity that is a national.

Beat!

Smash Master
Shiz inspired me to play Falco for so long. Getting to see that aggro bird kick *** and hype **** up one last time is all I want.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
holy **** Ankoku where's my $125
I'll see if I can scrounge anything up. Money's tight & I gotta make sure I get to Apex myself.
Become a legend and have somebody else start up a donation thread for you, and then we'll talk.

PB&J

Smash Hero
shiz will get top 10 like he always does and if he goes to "to7" top 5 since wobbling is banned here. so im pretty hyped,you guys are the best and if amsah still doesnt have a partner, he should team with shiz.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We don't know as of yet, but it would be nice if he went to a qualifier.

Armada

Smash Lord
Shiz is awesome and I would love to see him attend Apex =).

He both is a awesome person/player and he always have good matches.
Will try to donate cause I really wanna see him again but Im not sure if I can.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Shiz is awesome and I would love to see him attend Apex =).

He both is a awesome person/player and he always have good matches.
Will try to donate cause I really wanna see him again but Im not sure if I can.
Don't tell me you blew all of your Genesis winnings already. ;)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wowwww the Smash Community is helping me out....

Thanks alot you guys, I really do appreciate it. And to the people that don't know me, I actually usually say no when someone is inviting me to any tourney that is out of state. It's just a matter of money, I don't come from the wealthiest family and that's always been the issue down here in Florida, regardless of the jobs I do get. Still can never save enough with family financial issues. But anyways besides THAT, thank you to all who are donating to me.

Especially that big Donation from aisight, thats really appreciated man and if I do get to this tourney be sure that we get lots of matches in haha, thanks again.

And one more thing, I'm sorry @ all the people that feel I didn't do good enough last time I was sent to a tourney. But I recall the only people i really have lost to within the past couple years though would consist of just Armada, m2k, Hungrybox, (<---- for the past like 2 years) and Axe and Wobbles (Last out of state tournament I attended to). Sooooooo, if you guys dont mind please don't act like I'm exactly..... (horrible) not the best, but I do plan on opening up some **** at this tournament If I can attend.

But thank you guys for all your times :chuckle:.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol thx @ King Funk, we can definitely get some matches in hahaha. All you gotta do is walk up to me and say "hey, lets get some friendlies in" lol.

And don't worry @ Beat, I know how you feel lol. I used to feel the same way when I couldn't go to the tourney's I wanted to.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, it kinda sucks anyway, but now my #1 inspiration from my early melee days, one of my absolute favourite players ever, is going (for a long time, you were the only Falco I even watched haha).

fghfgdhgh

make sure you play on the stream a lot =p

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Shiz has done so much for Melee, and Smash as a whole. Few people deserve donations more than him. (Realistically, some of those players are receiving assistance as well.) If you're not going to donate, don't. But don't litter the thread with your biased opinions of matters to which you're held to little consequence.

This isn't a thread about who you believe deserves money. It's a thread to ensure the community understands that this fund is in place. A fund to help a hard working individual of legendary Smash status to attend the biggest event in Smash history.

Why would you ever try and hinder such a person from coming to an event. The next person to post something stupid is going to have a permanent spot on my ****ing bad side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom