• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaShizWiz: APEX 2012 Good Player Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Shiz has done so much for Melee, and Smash as a whole. Few people deserve donations more than him. (Realistically, some of those players are receiving assistance as well.) If you're not going to donate, don't. But don't litter the thread with your biased opinions of matters to which you're held to little consequence.

This isn't a thread about who you believe deserves money. It's a thread to ensure the community understands that this fund is in place. A fund to help a hard working individual of legendary Smash status to attend the biggest event in Smash history.

Why would you ever try and hinder such a person from coming to an event. The next person to post something stupid is going to have a permanent spot on my ****ing bad side.
My thoughts exactly :)

Apex is going to be Amazing!

Beat!

Smash Master
^ Well, Fuzzyness never got around to start a new one after Genesis 2 (he did one for himself instead).

And how does that relate to this fund, anyway?

Beat!

Smash Master
Talk to him and start a fund, then. >_>

I would really like him to go as well, but it's not like the smash community has a bunch of dedicated fund starters who are expected to get this sort of thing going for top players left and right. Start a fund for him yourselves instead of asking someone else to do it.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Talk to him and start a fund, then. >_>

I would really like him to go as well, but it's not like the smash community has a bunch of dedicated fund starters who are expected to get this sort of thing going for top players left and right. Start a fund for him yourselves instead of asking someone else to do it.
What? I haven't asked anyone to start anything.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I would love to see other players supported. There's nothing to lose by trying if you think the smashers will support.

This thread, though, is about raising a fund for ShizWiz =)

Strife

Banned via Warnings
The post wasn't directed at YOU, so I had no expectation for how YOU would interpret it.

The whole point of my post was that there are people more deserving of a good player fund than Dashizwiz; Ice was an example of such a player.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The post wasn't directed at YOU, so I had no expectation for how YOU would interpret it.

The whole point of my post was that there are people more deserving of a good player fund than Dashizwiz; Ice was an example of such a player.
What makes you allowed to say that other players are more deserving?

Beat!

Smash Master

THEN START A FUND FOR HIM! WHY ARE YOU EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT?

Jeez. Do you really not understand what I'm saying?

Because saying that certain players are "more deserving" of a fund than others, without wanting to lift a hand yourself... come on.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
What makes you allowed to say that other players are more deserving?
They have accomplished more recently/are more active in the scene. It's not so much what I think as opposed to what they've done.

Can we just ban this kid already.

He ****s up every thread.
You're just upset because Plank isn't allowed to go tom rom4. I don't understand why you keep defending him so viciously.

On a constructive note: If no one does then I guess I may make an Ice Good player fund, maybe I'll pm Armada about contacting him. I'd really like for him to go.

Beat!

Smash Master
On a constructive note: If no one does then I guess I may make an Ice Good player fund, maybe I'll pm Armada about contacting him. I'd really like for him to go.
Now we're talking. Don't expect too much, though. Flights from Germany to USA are probably pretty expensive by now.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
He's a 2011er, what do you expect, he doesn't understand ****.
Yeah, but some of the 2011ers aren't THIS bad. Hes easily the worst poster on smashboards right now, and no one else is even close. He complains about everything, insults people at every turn, and never has anything positive to say, ever.

He hasn't contributed anything to the community, and hell, I can't even tell if hes a smasher (I don't think he goes to tournaments). Hes blatantly trolling; no one can be this negative all the time without some serious personal issues.

Just ban him. I browse smashboards at work for fun now and I'm sick of every thread being derailed by dumb **** he says.

Dashizwhiz is ****ing awesome. I feel bad for making this the Strife thread but someone has to shut him up. I'll donate when I get home to make up for it <3 (I won't be home until Sunday tho so you'll have to wait a bit)

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but some of the 2011ers aren't THIS bad. Hes easily the worst poster on smashboards right now, and no one else is even close. He complains about everything, insults people at every turn, and never has anything positive to say, ever.

He hasn't contributed anything to the community, and hell, I can't even tell if hes a smasher (I don't think he goes to tournaments). Hes blatantly trolling; no one can be this negative all the time without some serious personal issues.

Just ban him. I browse smashboards at work for fun now and I'm sick of every thread being derailed by dumb **** he says.

Dashizwhiz is ****ing awesome. I feel bad for making this the Strife thread but someone has to shut him up. I'll donate when I get home to make up for it <3 (I won't be home until Sunday tho so you'll have to wait a bit)
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Please understand that when I complain about things like Plank going to tournaments or Kage always being on State of the Game, I am doing what I can to help better the community.

I think the Smash community would be a better place if we didn't have thieves attending our tournaments or if we were able to get a more diverse and more compelling panelists on our lives streams and I don't think that is difficult to understand.

I am a Smash, I have been to quite a few tournaments since the beginning of the year, and I'm not trying to troll. It would be kinda cool if you try to know me before you started judging me. But oh well.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm not trying to be an *** but I just want to put this out there. Please do not donate money to this. I know shiz is a likable guy but our money would be better spent getting someone who is still active/good at this game.

Shiz will just be a disappointment again.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Please understand that when I complain about things like Plank going to tournaments or Kage always being on State of the Game, I am doing what I can to help better the community.

I think the Smash community would be a better place if we didn't have thieves attending our tournaments or if we were able to get a more diverse and more compelling panelists on our lives streams and I don't think that is difficult to understand.

I am a Smash, I have been to quite a few tournaments since the beginning of the year, and I'm not trying to troll. It would be kinda cool if you try to know me before you started judging me. But oh well.
As a new member, you should observe until you have the knowledge that the community feels is necessary to be a worthy contribution. So far, all you're doing is making yourself look like an *** hole.

Children should be seen, not heard.

strawhats

Smash Master
qft. Ice has been doing so well lately. He even beat Zgetto really solidly last tourney.
I'm pretty sure I've seen m2k on fb talking to or contacting a bunch of people about buddy passes, including Ice. Not to mention all of the notable chilean players (Zein, Roche, Mabri, Dark, Ghost)

Also like PP said once I figure out how paypal works, I will donate. Shiz going to this is like a dream for me. Now if only Darkrain/Scar/Silentspectre (Jeff) would go to Apex.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If you want to donate, please help a fellow player out.

If you don't want to then just don't.

Thats all there is too it. Don't litter the thread with all this random ****.

This thread is about helping Shiz go not anyone else. If you want to help someone else please do that somewhere else.

The idea that someone else deserves money more than others is not even useful here. People donate money to people they want, not based on who others feel deserve it more.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
As a new member, you should observe until you have the knowledge that the community feels is necessary to be a worthy contribution. So far, all you're doing is making yourself look like an *** hole.

Children should be seen, not heard.
Well 'm really not new to the game, I've been playing this game since it came out and I use to frequent the boards a lot, it's just that only recently I made an account.

I understand that you, Kage and CrimconBlur may disagree but I don't think I'm making an *** of myself. I'm simply asking the tough questions and it's not surprising that I fall under some criticism for that. I honestly feel like if I didn't speak my mind Plank would been allowed to go to rom4, and now he's banned from that tournament! You may say that they are annoying complaints but unless people complain then people won't realize that there is a problem.

Also it's extremely elitist for you to say that new members aren't allowed to try and contribute..really? wtf?

Doser

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to be an *** but I just want to put this out there. Please do not donate money to this. I know shiz is a likable guy but our money would be better spent getting someone who is still active/good at this game.

Shiz will just be a disappointment again. (**** post #1)
**** post #2

**** post #3
Ok buddy, let's walk you through why no one here likes you.

1. This thread is about people who want to donate money to Shiz, therefore it makes no sense for people to come in and say "I'm not going to give my money", no one is forcing you to. You don't go up to someone asking for donations and then proceed to make **** posts about why you don't like them or that they don't deserve it, you should just carry on and not give them any money.

2. Asking people to not donate money is just full on ********, no one here is donating against their will and everyone here knows that other people could use money, so you coming in here telling people to not donate is just an insult towards their intelligence and to Shiz.

You're acting like a huge douche, and I'm going to agree with Kage, you don't know ****.

EDIT:

I understand that you, Kage and CrimconBlur may disagree but I don't think I'm making an *** of myself.
Also it's extremely elitist for you to say that new members aren't allowed to try and contribute..really? wtf? (**** post #4)
Pro tip: People who are making an *** of themselves never understand that they are during the moment, otherwise they probably wouldn't be making an *** of themselves.

Also, just replace new with stupid and belligerent and I think you'll understand why he doesn't want you contributing.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Well 'm really not new to the game, I've been playing this game since it came out and I use to frequent the boards a lot, it's just that only recently I made an account.

I understand that you, Kage and CrimconBlur may disagree but I don't think I'm making an *** of myself. I'm simply asking the tough questions and it's not surprising that I fall under some criticism for that. I honestly feel like if I didn't speak my mind Plank would been allowed to go to rom4, and now he's banned from that tournament! You may say that they are annoying complaints but unless people complain then people won't realize that there is a problem.

Also it's extremely elitist for you to say that new members aren't allowed to try and contribute..really? wtf?
you can contribute, when you have something worthy of it. From what I've seen, you're nothing but a little brat. Stay quiet.

Plank wasn't going to anything, btw. >_>

Divinokage

Smash Legend

What you think about yourself doesn't ****ing matter, it's what others think about you.. look at what you've done.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i wish i can like comments on here. strife-its ok,we understand other players should come too,make a thread for them then ,end of discussion. Your probably a ok guy in person,just keep your post in another thread or something

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lets stop this garbage before I go on an infracting spree.

Seriously though, enough is enough. Any more spam will be warned or infracted. Just drop it.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Ok buddy, let's walk you through why no one here likes you.

1. This thread is about people who want to donate money to Shiz, therefore it makes no sense for people to come in and say "I'm not going to give my money", no one is forcing you to. You don't go up to someone asking for donations and then proceed to make **** posts about why you don't like them or that they don't deserve it, you should just carry on and not give them any money.

2. Asking people to not donate money is just full on ********, no one here is donating against their will and everyone here knows that other people could use money, so you coming in here telling people to not donate is just an insult towards their intelligence and to Shiz.

You're acting like a huge douche, and I'm going to agree with Kage, you don't know ****.
You're right I guess, I didn't need to say I wasn't going to donate. You are wrong in saying that I shouldn't have tried to tell people no to donate to Shiz.

Firstly my goal is not to persuade people not to give money to Shiz, I haven't even made a related post since the first page. My point was that if people are going to donate to Shiz then they need to know the full story. Some people may think that Shiz is still an amazing player, and I had to let them know that this is almost certainly not the case. Many people(me included) were really disappointed when Shiz flopped at Apex, even after we donated money to him(and yes I donated). I was just trying to spare people the anger and frustration that I went through last year. If they are still willing donate money to him while knowing the risks then that's there business and I will not try to stop them.

I kinda view this thread like they are selling a really pretty lamp, except that lamp might be defective, I am just letting people know it may be defective before they buy it, and there is nothing wrong with that.

And when you say I don't know ****, what **** are you referring to? Are you talking stuff about the videogame, stuff about the community, stuff about tournaments? What exactly are we talking about? If we to test my knowledge against yours I'm pretty confident I could beat you.

Edit: I have made quite a few friends on the boards so you're wrong in saying that no one likes me(you don't even know me),

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I haven't been mean to you, so I don't understand why you insist on being so mean to me. It's fine if we disagree but we don't have to make fun of each other? There is no need for the boards to be such a hostile environment.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I haven't been mean to you, so I don't understand why you insist on being so mean to me. It's fine if we disagree but we don't have to make fun of each other? There is no need for the boards to be such a hostile environment.
It's hard to imagine you actually believe this when you're the obvious cause of the drama. Edit your posts, and leave the thread.

In other news: Shiz is godlike. Give this man your dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom