• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DarkMusician's Wifi and Feedback Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hi I'm DarkMusician.

If you're serious about improving with Zelda (Or Zelda/Sheik whichever)
leave a reply here and I will play with you on wifi and break down what you're doing really well and what could use improvement.

My goal is to help as many players as possible so that ultimately we'll have more Zelda's in general and in tournaments.

There will be lag but I'm confident most of the time it will be doable. If you don't like wifi then don't bother with this thread.

I will practice with you using as many characters as I am able so that I can see how you react and adapt to various situations.

This is a first come first serve basis and anyone that wants to communicate with me while playing should join the Xat Chat. I will make you a member as soon as you sign on to it.
http://xat.com/AnythingZelda

My FC is 1676-3363-9641 (DarkM)

Just FYI the rules are always
3 stock
Items sent to off and none
8 minute time limit
Neutral Stages Only Please

K shoots.

Metatitan

Smash Master
good idea DM, its about time zelda got SOME attention. the zeldas that place include you and..... you.... and you

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I support this thread very much =D

I'm encouraging everyone who mains or seconds Zelda (or even uses her as a backup) to play DM and develop some tourney WINnable strategies!

You can arrange matches here in a similar way to the wifi friend finder thread, or you can use the chat link given in the OP.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
For some reason I've still never played you. We'll definitely need to do that soon. Hopefully before that online Zelda tournament lolol

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'd really love to play againsts you. My FC is in my signature, please save me as Ha2On. Do you have time to play this weekend? If yes, when?

FC: 2363-7145-2807

sincerly---XD

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the double post, but i forgot that you can only see my signature if i post a real answer and no quick answer...lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
sorry for the double post, but i forgot that you can only see my signature if i post a real answer and no quick answer...lol
You can edit your posts and add your signature that way. It's also helpful for not double posting........

FYI, for anyone considering this, I highly recommend it..... helped me a lot. :)

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
You can edit your posts and add your signature that way. It's also helpful for not double posting........

FYI, for anyone considering this, I highly recommend it..... helped me a lot. :)
thanks a lot^^

Darkmusician

Smash Master
-Ocho and Ha2On I can probably play as early as Monday because weekends I'm usually out of the house. I will be in the Zelda chat whenever I'm free so meet me there and we'll play.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's getting busy already I see. I'll play you very soon DM when I get back on wifi which will be later on next week.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to do this at some point, but I don't have the opportunity to attend any tournaments so I'm probably not as much of a priority as others are.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
xD, DM with his own topic.

That's cool though. I still wanna play your Snake again DM. Just whenever you have time to do so guy.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, not really. I just love playing his Snake and MK. :)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Lol, not really. I just love playing his Snake and MK. :)
Yeah I find them fun. I will be available for some wifi and critique this Sunday afternoon. First come first serve.

All critique will be posted in this thread so you can check back here after the matches.

gm jack

Smash Lord
If you mean afternoon for you, I might give it a shot, I doubt I will be busy in (what is for me) late evening. For me, it'll probably be pointing out basic errors (again) but anyone who punished them every time will help reinforce it. Don't want to get 3 stocked when I start heading to tournaments. :p

sniperworm

Smash Ace
If you mean afternoon for you, I might give it a shot, I doubt I will be busy in (what is for me) late evening.
I'm fairly certain that he'll always be talking about Hawaii time unless he specifically states otherwise (since you know, we're in Hawaii).

On a side note, sorry for being distracted this past weekend Bobby, I'll claim me more Brawl action next weekend.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My trip got rescheduled, sooo....

Bobby, I oh-so-humbly request more Zelda practice, please. <3 And some Pika vs. MK even tho I hate wifi Pika. ;-;

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This is a great idea. I live in Australia though. xD

And most people on Smashboards are from the US. So that means MEGA LAGGEH.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to wifi with ya, DM. Only problem is I only can get wifi time on weekends...

<--FC

Kuramaz

Smash Rookie
Hey PM me the information and ill get to you(dont have my FC on me yet) but i definitely trying to improve. I own everyone in my school but i have alot of flaws looking to learn ;)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
PMs are not necessary. My FC, the chat link and everything else is all on the first post.

If you wish to wifi for feedback then please go to the xat chat and find me there.

Also I apologize for the lateness of my feedback. Ochobobo I will get to yours first. If there is anyone else that I've played recently and wants critique please let me know. I am only going to do Ocho's first because we played for the longest period of time. Most of the people I've played with this week have been really brief.

I will be available for the rest of the day. First come first serve.

Edit: Feedback for Ochobobo

It's too bad that we never had a chance to play until recently. Campus wifi does that I guess. Anyways after playing you a few times here is my feedback.

Most of your problems are very basic but trust me when I say you're not the only one who suffers from them. I'll make things as simple as possible and if you wish for me to go more in depth I will.

1. Don't roll into me.
2. Don't DI or airdodge into when you get hit off the stage.
3. Take the ledge.
Do not ignore the ledge and try to attack into me. Don't ask Zelda to do something that she's not very good at. The ledge gives you your jump back and you get invincibility frames to reset yourself. Take the ledge whenever you can especially when your opponent is set and ready for you to come back and has stage position on you. Regain your composure on the ledge and make good decisions instead of rushing into something that'll probably get you either knocked back off again or killed.
4. Everything you come at me you try to kick me. You also do this thing on battle field where you grab the ledge, wait for anywhere between 1-2 seconds jump off the ledge, fair at nothing, land on the platform, run off the platform and bair at nothing. You do this every time and while getting repetitive in general is bad, this is way worse. You have to stop doing the same patterns over and over especially since it's not even a good or safe pattern. I would highly recommend that you record matches of yourself and see just how predictable it is. And 90% of the time you come at me from the air it's a kick. On top of all that you're not really aiming anything. You're just throwing the kicks out there and hoping that someone will run into it. That's not safe nor is it worth it in the long run. You end up sour spotting over and over and you waste the power of the kicks and ever miss is a free punish.

Overall you have to stop going on auto pilot and going through your habitual motions. You have to mix it up and think about what you're doing during the game. Change the way you get up off the ledge instead of that jump fair. Unless you're hoping for them to jump into you over and over it's not a smart idea. You have a long ways to go and I hope you will listen to this feedback cause I believe it will put you on the right track.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Thanks for the critiques, darkmusician! I was honestly unaware how much I was blindly using fairs/bairs. I'll try to carefully aim them now. I had not considered the sourspotting decay on the kicks' power.

Almost anytime I try to go for the ledge, someone is there waiting to attack me as I fall to it. Should I practice Farore's sweetspotting the ledge, or make the opponent think I'm going to land somewhere else then grab the ledge, or something else? Usually when I make them think I'm going to land somewhere else, I'm falling from above the stage, and can pick anywhere on the stage to land.

But I'm guessing you mean when I'm only knocked slightly off and can easily doublejump back to either the ledge or the stage, then I'll certainly go for the ledge more often.

Thanks again!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm going to do some wifi training with you bobby veeeery soon.

I just want to concentrate on the next batch of exams I have first though before I commit to using Zelda and others more seriously, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with work =(

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes that's right. I'm at work right now by myself taking care of stuff. D:

We can talk if you want and I'll be sure to play you as soon as I get home if you're not busy by then.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you are interested in wifi/feedback please look for me in the Zelda xat chat. The link is on the first page and there are several mods who are on frequently and they will make you a member. I check the chat several times per day.

I do not like communicating via PMs I would prefer to just talk so please use the chat to reach me or AIM if you have it.

Edit: AlmostLegndary Feedback

After reading your post in the Zelda vs Snake thread I kind of had an idea of what to expect.

1. You use Din's Fire too much. Even at long range Snake can run at you airdodge and get a free hit.
2. Don't roll into your opponent. I was catching you with forward smash and jabs.
3. The only approach I saw was hyphen upsmash or running upsmash. You can't make your approach so obvious and repetitive.
4. When you're behind in stock you at times become overly aggressive and throw out moves without any sense of spacing.
5. Your patterns were very predictable in general. I knew exactly when you would do Dins and when you'd try to smash me.
6. Running to the edge and trying to camp me won't work because Zelda is really bad at camping. Even if you force an approach you're at the edge so you've pretty much trapped yourself. This is probably why you roll a lot because while it is at times better than jumping it's still bad. Keep moving and don't feel that you have to run away and spam Dins.
7. Just because you hit with Din's don't always run in and charge. Especially from half stage or farther away it's way too slow of a charge and so many characters can stop you before you get to attack.

I suggest you mix up what you approach with. Running grab, run up stop and dins, I sometimes just run right past them as they shield or spot dodge. You can also approach with empty short hops moving in and out as you approach. Take a few chances to experiment in the first couple of games to see how your opponent reacts and then use that information to approach with something that will punish their reactions effectively. It's not a sure thing, but at least you'll be making educated guesses based on their play style and it's better than charging in with the same thing over and over.

If you have any other questions I will address them here.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If you are interested in wifi/feedback please look for me in the Zelda xat chat. The link is on the first page and there are several mods who are on frequently and they will make you a member. I check the chat several times per day.

I do not like communicating via PMs I would prefer to just talk so please use the chat to reach me or AIM if you have it.

Edit: AlmostLegndary Feedback

After reading your post in the Zelda vs Snake thread I kind of had an idea of what to expect.

1. You use Din's Fire too much. Even at long range Snake can run at you airdodge and get a free hit.
2. Don't roll into your opponent. I was catching you with forward smash and jabs.
3. The only approach I saw was hyphen upsmash or running upsmash. You can't make your approach so obvious and repetitive.
4. When you're behind in stock you at times become overly aggressive and throw out moves without any sense of spacing.
5. Your patterns were very predictable in general. I knew exactly when you would do Dins and when you'd try to smash me.
6. Running to the edge and trying to camp me won't work because Zelda is really bad at camping. Even if you force an approach you're at the edge so you've pretty much trapped yourself. This is probably why you roll a lot because while it is at times better than jumping it's still bad. Keep moving and don't feel that you have to run away and spam Dins.
7. Just because you hit with Din's don't always run in and charge. Especially from half stage or farther away it's way too slow of a charge and so many characters can stop you before you get to attack.

I suggest you mix up what you approach with. Running grab, run up stop and dins, I sometimes just run right past them as they shield or spot dodge. You can also approach with empty short hops moving in and out as you approach. Take a few chances to experiment in the first couple of games to see how your opponent reacts and then use that information to approach with something that will punish their reactions effectively. It's not a sure thing, but at least you'll be making educated guesses based on their play style and it's better than charging in with the same thing over and over.

If you have any other questions I will address them here.
Alright cool man thanks for the feed back i'll work on it.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I would like to have so matches against you. I need to improve my overall game with Zelda so hopefully we fight soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom