• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DarkMusician's Wifi and Feedback Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Umm....

Hi, my FC is up there in my profile, this is a really cool thing you're doing, I'd like to play you.

:bee:

:015:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ochobobo's feedback part 2.

-still airdodges into me alot
-still challenges with kicks in bad positions
-get up off the ledge is not as predictable
-doesn't take the ledge as much when recovering and misses the up b sweet spots alot
-even with platforms still DIs into opponent
-charges with 95% dash attacks and telegraphed up smashes
-always challenges with dair spikes when opponent is on the ledge
-no real attempt to momentum cancel

I'll now go into more detail.

You still do the whole ledge hop fair to land on BF platform to run off bair, but not as much. I noticed you get up in different ways every now and then which is an improvement.

However I would recommend taking the ledge in most cases since your try too much to kick me when I'm already set on the stage and waiting for you.

Your approach is still too straight forward with no real mindgames. Mostly because you're very repetitive and deliberate with your run in dash attacks and hyphen smashes. And yeah you always go into an auto pilot short hop dair when I'm hanging on the ledge. In many situations you end up killing yourself. I know it's wifi and it happens, but you really can't afford to go on autopilot and more so you can't afford to show obvious patterns in your play style.

You still DI and roll into me. This is still another auto pilot habit that you need to be aware of because it's just free hits for me when you do it. Even if you land on a platform you still roll into me. It's not a habit you can cure easily but try to be more aware of when you do it so you catch yourself. Try to be conscious of it and you'll be on the right track.

When you get launched in the air you just air dodge. Learn to momentum cancel to live longer and remember to DI so that you can put Zelda in the best position possible when returning to the stage. When you DI upwards and you give Zelda more options when coming back down as opposed to DIing more to the side and being force to recover sideways or upwards which is much more limited and narrows her options in comparison.

We can play anytime and I'll be happy to go over stuff with you. Good luck.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Just looking through the thread I can see much of this applies to me. After my exams I'll try and catch you on the chat. I need some good criticism for my Sheik/Zelda.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'd like to play you more today as well. I know we've been doing the advice thing in the chat, but nothing has been posted here, in case I'm doing something wrong that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Thanks for the new feedback, DarkMusician!

I'll try to vary things up more, so as to not be as predictable.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey bobby let me know when you're next free and you can help me out with stuff. I'm going bed now >.>

Darkmusician

Smash Master
FeedBack for JigglyZelda

Here's my notes. You can reply and ask me to go into more detail on anything and I'll do that. If the notes are good enough for you then that's cool too.

-spotdodges after alot of things especially when he misses
-dtilts at low percent (that's frame disadvantage for zelda)
-doesn't DI to get saved by the platform on Yoshi's
-play style is reactive
-knows how to smash DI
-rolls alot (not at me so much but in general)
-smashes are very telegraphed
-no up air mindgames/pressure
-wastes down smash at low percents (always uses this move first)
-runs the from half to full stage length to charge (slow girl is slow)
-lots of waiting in the shield with no retaliation out of it
-needs to be more proactive instead of reactive
-always tries to challenge the edgehog and never goes for the stage
-random move, walks away and then runs in with a smash/d-attack or grab
-anxious with second jump needs to save it against MK (and in general) to make it back safely
-when opponent doesn't approach doesn't know what to do (literally just stands there)
-no off stage pressure
-Dins Fire is very deliberate and has no mindgames behind it(should be using it to trap and manipulate how the opponent approaches the ledge on the way back)

Sure Kata. The more you're on the chat the more likely I'll find you.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey DM! We were suppose to play a while ago, but I forgot about it XD. I'd really like to play you and get critiqued. Here's my FC: 5455-9080-9574 and the name is BILLY.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Look for me on the Zelda chat if you want to play. I'm usually doing stuff during the weekends so weekday nights are best.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Um...EXCUSE ME.

I am his bestie.

Therefore, WE should play. =]
What the?! Pshhhh, get that mess outta here.

I'm Bobby's favorite; therefore, I get first dibs on him. BACK OFF. :mad:

Seriously, though, I'll be in the chat sometime tomorrow. Dunno if Fridays count as the weekend.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah Friday's usually count as the weekend as I am usually out of the house playing friendlies. I probably won't be on much this weekend due to a touranment. I will be on periodically and if you're on please let me know if you'd like feedback. If the time difference is too much then you can always send me a PM but it's really hard to communicate via PMs as far as setting up times to play.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Dark M I would like to talk with you sometime about zelda, on aim here or something. Please reply back and let me know whats best to set something up, thanks.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Dark M, how come you don't put anymore videos of your Zelda on Utube?

Also, I'd like to train with you, but I'm afraid it will be much to laggy, since you live in Hawaii.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
What the?! Pshhhh, get that mess outta here.

I'm Bobby's favorite; therefore, I get first dibs on him. BACK OFF. :mad:

Seriously, though, I'll be in the chat sometime tomorrow. Dunno if Fridays count as the weekend.
Um, excuse me? YOU DIE NOW. Thanks, bye bye. :) <3

But I've actually been playing Brawl+, I'm assuming he is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom