• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damage Points NC power rankings

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wiat wait wait NO! ur missing the point. you dont sucks snap JUST STOP COMPLAING ABoUT MK!!!!! well look im pretty sure everyone would agree that i played the "gayest" playstyle of mk in this state. Well i quit mk so you should not have stuff to be upset about.

I just want you to play the game and get better. But if u constantly say you arent going to win against mk, then you wont get better. this goes for fail kale as well.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
dude stop being ****ing ignorant.. i dont hate mk because hes so good i hate mk because when people like you use him YOU think youre good.. but the fact of the matter is playing mk is going to make you do better than you would with another character besides maybe snake or falco

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
then why not hate the person, rather than the mk? it's hard for him man, this is a cold world.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
dude stop being ****ing ignorant.. i dont hate mk because hes so good i hate mk because when people like you use him YOU think youre good.. but the fact of the matter is playing mk is going to make you do better than you would with another character besides maybe snake or falco
Lul, his Wario and Diddy give me more trouble than his MK.

Easy-to-learn MU is easy (not saying it's even or anything though).

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
lol shady you act like youve got some mks under your belt.. not implying anything negative.. and yeah its easier for characters like diddy snake marth and falco to deal with mk but its almost necessary to play one of those or mk himself to be on a level or close to level playing field and thats annoying.. and keith it is a hate for the person.. but the problem is pretty much everyone who plays mk is that way because there are truly only like 10 good metaknights everyone else playing him is just to compete at a little bit higher of a level than what they would with luigi or sonic

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
You can not deny that people drop there mains for MK because they want to win.

If that doesn't speak volumes for the characters ability then i dont know what will.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
and if you think i dont know the ddd mk matchup after a solid year of playing nothing but it.. thats ignorant i know the matchup and i know its ********

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
cory know u dont bro. but i mean ur right, it has been a year, i dont see u guys changing ur minds so it's whatev, sorry u guys feel that way about mk.

btw cory, shady has beaten every mk in this state besides kadaj. That more mks under his belt than you. Not saying you suck, but i think he has more credit about mk than you. and he didnt switch from mk to beat mk. but if that is what you have to do, im not making fun of you, im just saying YOU are one of those mk people that you hate on.

as stated by dylan in the previous post.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
knowing the matchup shouldnt change your mind about the character.

Lmao

On three separate occasions the brawl back room has had a community poll on weather or not to ban MK.

on all three occasions the vote came back 60 percent or higher for an MK ban.

The brawl back room has never passed even a temp ban rule.

The top 120 players of MLG are listed in MLG's rankings. of that 120, 67 players main Metaknight.

Those are facts sir.

No player will ever win an MLG event with any character other than metaknight (Stipulation)

The characters dominance will speak for itself.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wow.

mk is top tier.

isn't that the whole point of brawl?

either ban him, or play him, or play another top tier that can keep up.

keith, you're making a lot of sense right now. i didn't think i'd ever see you post about a matter seriously. but its not possible to sway snap. you may as well take your laughs while you got them, and play some wifi.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
My friend Justin (SonGohan from tekken/SSFIV/BB) Said that the reason smash isnt respected among other fighting games communities is because of the metaknight issue.

Basically, MK is clear cut the best in the game and has no even or bad matchups. (Fine by me i guess)

Mk has something called transcendent priority. Transcendent, that means that no move in the game will ever clash with MK's D tilt, or any other move that he has besides glide attack, that imo, is what makes him broken, As long as mk is doing moves he can not be hit or traded with.

This means that the game of brawl punishes you from a competive standpoint for playing any character but MK. There is NO SITUATION in the entire game of brawl where playing Metaknight doesnt benefit you.

There is also no situation where metaknight has no options.

There is no situation where metaknight is at a disadvantage unless he is against wario and wario is a stock up and air camping (No metaknight should get killed by any wario player first anyway if played correctly)

But I digress. Yay for me being on Scott's PR :D

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
lol shady you act like youve got some mks under your belt.. not implying anything negative.. and yeah its easier for characters like diddy snake marth and falco to deal with mk but its almost necessary to play one of those or mk himself to be on a level or close to level playing field and thats annoying.. and keith it is a hate for the person.. but the problem is pretty much everyone who plays mk is that way because there are truly only like 10 good metaknights everyone else playing him is just to compete at a little bit higher of a level than what they would with luigi or sonic
Well, I've beaten every MK in the state before except Sushi and Kadaj (this includes Stingers and Rag who you praised as good MKs).

What's wrong with playing to win in a tournament anyway? Unless MK gets banned, you can't just expect people to stay away from the clear best character in the game when playing for money. Sure you can talk about how it's lame that MK is still allowed, but hating on people for doing their best to go for the win is just plain dumb (your opponent never owes you an even or fun match. That's just how tournaments work). I'm not expecting you to beat MK with D3 or anything, but nobody is forcing you to play Brawl competitively or play that MU.

The only time it's reasonable to hate on an MK player is if they're just a lame person in general or they brag about being a great player after mainly just winning really uneven MUs. Keith never seriously considered himself a great MK player (though he jokes a lot), and his MK did actually play reasonably well anyway(I eat mindless MKs for breakfast and his made me work for the win).

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ snap

bro.... im sorry but it's not true., on so many counts. one, his moves clash. I tested it against fyre. d-tilt will clash with almost anything of pits. you cant let the mk hype keep u down man. :/

smash has NEVER been respected by other fighting communities . That has been since melee. I dont think melee has mk in it, though im not completely sure i will have to go back and check. mk has mostly even Mu's. i snake and falco have more high advantage mu's than mk. please keep up with the metagame dawg.

If there is NO SITUATION in the entire game where playing mk doesnt benefit u, then why does everyone NEVER use mk against m2k? why did stingers not use mk at mlg? Why? i will tell u. cause if stingers used mk, he would not have gotten a match of adhd and he would not have beaten tearbear. Ask him if u do not believe me. just like fox in melee, they may be the best in the game, but if u are not playing 100% u are likely to lose more than other characters. Why? good question snap

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THE MK MATCH UP LIKE THE BACK OF THEIR HAND. everyone knows the smart and proper way to deal with mk because he leads the metagane. so unless the mk knows EVERY MU like the back of his hand, he can gimped, gimmicked and beaten just as easy as everyone else. judge vs ness game 3 mlg Columbus, we all saw it. If mk was trully broken, then people like san (ike main) should NEVER win ever against an mk. But as i recall he gets top ten at almost every national. Shaky and Fow ( ness players) should never do well or beat mks if mk is broken..... but they do. boss( luigi main) should nerver beat mk if he's sooo broken. M2k lost to an olimar from japan.... A sonic main also too m2k to game 5 in grand finals. How many times does mk have to get beat for you to realize that he is beatable?

snake falco, diddy, wario do not have situations where there is no option, not just mk.

I agree mk is the best and that he is a very difficult character to fight against... but he is not unbeatable.

edit: thanks chris.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
bro.... im sorry but it's not true., on so many counts. one, his moves clash. I tested it against fyre. d-tilt will clash with almost anything of pits. you cant let the mk hype keep u down man. :/
I'm backing keith up on this one. I know I don't play brawl etc etc but I've played the game before okay? And I do know that some of MK's moves (if not all of them) clank, because I'm nearly always surprised when MK's moves do clank. I remember some random move clanking with tornado once (some time ago, so I don't know the move, character, or exact properties of the clank. I remember not being able to replicate it, though.)

If there is NO SITUATION in the entire game where playing mk doesnt benefit u, then why does everyone NEVER use mk against m2k? why did stingers not use mk at mlg? Why?
It's also worth noting that people have personal preferences that will overrule playing meta knight to win. For instance, meta knight is just a boring character to me, I much prefer to play Oli or Gdubs (and I'm always pleased when keith compliments my terrible olimar). I'm sure San would do great with meta knight (think of how many mindgames san has to have to place that consistently with Ike), but he just likes Ike (Eisenhower reference intended).

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
first off keith no metaknight doesnt clash when using anything but glide attack and dash attack (this means if the throws out a move the only way youll avoid damage is if he misses or you dodge it..

and for the last ****ing time.. im aware that no one forces me to play any matchup (see my recent tournament results) and ive told you ive come to the conclusion that its not metaknight that pisses me off.. its any mother****er who even opens his god**** mouth after playing metaknight.. about matchup or do this learn that or otherwise..

now anytime i see someone lose to mk strictly because of matchup i tell them PLAY MK OR THE OTHER THREE GOOD CHARACTERS.. not f tilt more or some bull**** im sorry thats just bad advice compared to PLAY METAKNIGHT

so there you have it.. i struggled with mk for a long time and i solved it! its done i play metaknight and i do well for myself so stop telling me to not complain about metaknight.. its your ****ing egos im complaining about

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ughhh ur entire mentality is soooo bad... i cant let this go on. I love you guys to death but i'm going to have to ask y'all to leave the community.

just pack your things, i will call a cab. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
first off keith no metaknight doesnt clash when using anything but glide attack and dash attack (this means if the throws out a move the only way youll avoid damage is if he misses or you dodge it..

and for the last ****ing time.. im aware that no one forces me to play any matchup (see my recent tournament results) and ive told you ive come to the conclusion that its not metaknight that pisses me off.. its any mother****er who even opens his god**** mouth after playing metaknight.. about matchup or do this learn that or otherwise..

now anytime i see someone lose to mk strictly because of matchup i tell them PLAY MK OR THE OTHER THREE GOOD CHARACTERS.. not f tilt more or some bull**** im sorry thats just bad advice compared to PLAY METAKNIGHT

so there you have it.. i struggled with mk for a long time and i solved it! its done i play metaknight and i do well for myself so stop telling me to not complain about metaknight.. its your ****ing egos im complaining about
Whoa there, buddy. As much as you may hate to admit it, no MK player is going to beat somebody a lot better than them unless the MU is really really bad (like Ganon-MK) or the better player slips up.

As for egos, what egos? It's not like either of us claim to have amazing MKs, and it's not like I don't have support behind what I said. It's good that you won't complain about losing to MK anymore, because now you shouldn't have any other problems in general seeing as how nobody is going to brag about winning with MK in NC.

Foxy and Stingers only talk about how their MKs suck. Kadaj doesn't like having his MK referred to. Keith doesn't play MK anymore. Sushi and Rag pretty much don't say anything about how good they are. So I guess all's well that ends well.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lmfao kevin ur so weird.

and falco isn't just easy, he's extremely fun! :bee:

melee is hard as **** though...

EDIT:
why the **** are keith's posts the ones that make me laugh..

Purple

Hi guys!
you have no reason to not use mk; mk is broke.

however.

a lot of the reasons he's 'unbeatable' aren't in practice in this current metagame (planking). yes he shuts down your beloved d3, but honestly d3 makes even more chars unviable.

have a pocket mk/falco, play the mu, or stop playing. a mindless player is still a mindless player, mk or not.punish habits ,get better, and at higher levels have a secondary.

and dont be so snobby dude, you're making NC look bad.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
who the hell are you even talking about

and when i talk about egos.. i mean pretending like you know the mk matchup too

when in fact everybody here would get wrecked by anti shadow and m2k

Purple

Hi guys!

The closest matchup to even in this current ruleset is falco (ignoring the falco that metaknight is obviously an even matchup on metaknight).

I'm talking about you btw, Most of the stuff you're saying is only half true.

Like example for this, you're right but there's also something called baiting. You could bait out a move from MK and punish it. U_U.

No matchup really is -that- bad that you don't deserve to win if you try hard. Especially in your community that's on the rise; not exactly at the top of their game (note i'm not saying you guys don't have good players, i'm just saying that all of you are learning). You taking away from someone's win because they're using metaknight is just as egotistical as someone boasting about their win.

Sure MK is the best character, but from A tier to around mid B none of the matchups are dirt horrible except for D3. All of them can be won with skill as a player.

Ilove

Smash Cadet
My friend Justin (SonGohan from tekken/SSFIV/BB) Said that the reason smash isnt respected among other fighting games communities is because of the metaknight issue.

Basically, MK is clear cut the best in the game and has no even or bad matchups. (Fine by me i guess)

Mk has something called transcendent priority. Transcendent, that means that no move in the game will ever clash with MK's D tilt, or any other move that he has besides glide attack, that imo, is what makes him broken, As long as mk is doing moves he can not be hit or traded with.

This means that the game of brawl punishes you from a competive standpoint for playing any character but MK. There is NO SITUATION in the entire game of brawl where playing Metaknight doesnt benefit you.

There is also no situation where metaknight has no options.

There is no situation where metaknight is at a disadvantage unless he is against wario and wario is a stock up and air camping (No metaknight should get killed by any wario player first anyway if played correctly)

But I digress. Yay for me being on Scott's PR :D

Metaknight doesn't have transcendent priority with all of his moves, only around half or so. The moves that he does have that priority with most characters have a lot of options against.

There's a lot of situations where MK is at a disadvantage xD take D3 vs. Mk, if MK is above D3 dair camping or just in general MK is at a decent disadvantage. D3 can jump up and fair, if the MK keeps dairing he's going to get punished and still be in that bad situation. Even if the MK see it coming, he can only get off an airdodge to the ground and sometimes punish or occasionally a fair or something of that general sort. When MK is coming down, D3 can cover all of his options except one with a shield grab, and that one option (nado) can be covered by a lot of other things. MK being above D3 isn't a hard situation for MK to be forced into, either. The only reason that matchup is 60-40 is because MK generally has slightly more options and ****s up D3's recovery really badly.

The only reason Metaknight is hyped up to his current standpoint is because people rationalize them losing by saying they're playing against a broken character, and doing this is further embraced by the community's take on MK.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
no.. you people need to learn that the only moves he has that dont have transcendent priority are dash attack and glide attack.. and as far as baiting goes yeah thats the only way you can beat mk with baiting and gimmicks but thats why a lot of pro players practice safe spacing.. they dont throw out moves if theres a chance theyre going to get hit with a fox upsmash or something afterwards (and some players are VERY good at doing this) i dont know why you guys care what i think about mk or his matchups or try to sway me to think hes less than what he is because its ALL opinions and in my opinion hes just a little too good and nothing you can say will ever make your opinion more valid than mine

and as far as mks winning matches they shouldnt.. all im saying is iloves mk beat me even though i had a SOLID lead on it all because i missed one edgehog and go shuttle loop spiked at 0%.. granted its my fault for not hugging the ledge quick enough i really just dont think i deserved to lose the match that before that moment was completely one sided all because i didnt grab the ledge fast enough ONE TIME

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

when in fact everybody here would get wrecked by anti shadow and m2k
did u seriously use those 3 as an example?

come on kale, ur not even trying anymore.

Edit: OH **** ILOVE CAME ON SWF TO PUT IN WORK!!!

edit 2: roxy, though all ur points are valid, kale will never understand. it is unfortunate :(
oh roxy, kale isnt NC, he is SC, but he comes to all our tourneys thats why he is on the ranking.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ugh.

Keith you should quit trying to push people out of the community because they don't agree with you and voice their opinion too often.

Snap and Kale don't need to force their opinion so often but it's okay to have discussion about it or to think whatever you want to about someone as long as it's kept private or whatever.

Purple

Hi guys!
no.. you people need to learn that the only moves he has that dont have transcendent priority are dash attack and glide attack.. and as far as baiting goes yeah thats the only way you can beat mk with baiting and gimmicks but thats why a lot of pro players practice safe spacing.. they dont throw out moves if theres a chance theyre going to get hit with a fox upsmash or something afterwards (and some players are VERY good at doing this) i dont know why you guys care what i think about mk or his matchups or try to sway me to think hes less than what he is because its ALL opinions and in my opinion hes just a little too good and nothing you can say will ever make your opinion more valid than mine

and as far as mks winning matches they shouldnt.. all im saying is iloves mk beat me even though i had a SOLID lead on it all because i missed one edgehog and go shuttle loop spiked at 0%.. granted its my fault for not hugging the ledge quick enough i really just dont think i deserved to lose the match that before that moment was completely one sided all because i didnt grab the ledge fast enough ONE TIME
You know, that can happen when you play against Olimar, Falco (side-b), Marth, and probably other characters i'm forgetting.

I agree with PP, while I disagree with Kale, he doesn't need to get out of the community, after all his view is half-right.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

sounds like a novel full a johns. he doesnt even main mk.. why did he take ur d3 down to the last stock? u talk about how u should be prd and how the only people who can beat u is stingers and kadaj. So why did ilove beat u with a char he doesnt play? WHY THE **** ARE U EDGEGUARDING A METAKINGHT AS D3?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? i msure u werent at 0%, i doubt any char can get stage spiked at 0 in brawl and die automatically, especially heavy chars ( maybe wrong here, i just never been scrub enough to get stage spiked at 0)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
D3 vs MK is 70/30 MK.

also, What the **** im pretty sure cory is on the rankings because he beat a lot of NC people. Not because he "Comes to NC tournaments"

lol go read the D3 boards. they all say the same thing about MK as cory.

Lmao, at roxy sticking his nose in a pile a **** where it didnt belong. once again.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Roxy, snap is from SC aswell. seriously, they are both from SC.

d3 mk is 40: 60 sir, please keep up with metagame.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241821

edit: lolololool i just read that thread. kale is like arguing with co18 lololol. that guys d3 is like 5986985765 times better than kales. I think he knows more about mks lol.

wtf, some are saying it's 55:45 in mks advantage. God kale is terrible lol

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I dont give a **** about roxy lol. im pretty sure it says "NC" somewhere in the thread title.

you were the one who chose to make this personal about me and cory.

Now, my mk hate isnt as strong as corys but im not going to let someone sit here and degrade my best friend.

Top Bottom