• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damage Points NC power rankings

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i dont give a **** about roxy lol. Im pretty sure it says "nc" somewhere in the thread title.

You were the one who chose to make this personal about me and cory.

Now, my mk hate isnt as strong as corys but im not going to let someone sit here and degrade my best friend.
your best friend degrades you on a daily bases i've seen it!!!!!!!!

but nah kale aint bad. but the johns make u and kale look like nubs. just be mellow, this game aint a life or death situation. u lose to a "stupid" mk. find out his patterns, beat him.

and i didnt start the flame wars... john started the flame wars.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
NO it's not! you have been oppressed by kale long enough! fight it snap, you have the power! dont let his tyranny overtake you. Why is he higher ranked than you? ur better. when i beat him, i think " man, that snap guy gave me sooo much more trouble."
search ur feelings, u know this to be true.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Roxy no one ignored u lol. I heard eerr word.

edit: snap im not trolling, i have a harder time against u then kale. wario is a ***** if u dont play the MU correctly. Even playing the mu right, u have to be really patient.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
keith you keep coming back to this ****.. i dont make a big deal about this game.. ive never made a big deal about this game.. have you seen the girl im ****ing? you really think i give a ****?

and keith youve never even played me in a legit set.. and never played my mk

Purple

Hi guys!
Lol @ the girl you're ****ing being directly relevant to how much you care about the game. LOL

No wonder M2K's so serious.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
and keith you can beat me a million times if you want to.. beating someone doesnt mean youre better than them.. especially when im beating people you cant

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
i love this game but smashers are ****ing illogical idiots and theyre always just looking for an opportunity to say something that they think someone else will like or will "put the other guy in his place" youre not going to change my opinion you ****ing *******

Purple

Hi guys!
would you get out of here.. this is the kind of ego im talking about.. pretending youre so good and have never made a mistake
Yo man chill, I'm obviously joking about it.

Sounds like U mad sir.

On the real, metaknight is broke. But he's not going to get banned, people are legitimately beating the 'best' (i'm putting quote there for a reason) mk so metaknight 'isn't as broken as we say he is.'

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
keith you keep coming back to this ****.. i dont make a big deal about this game.. ive never made a big deal about this game.. have you seen the girl im ****ing? you really think i give a ****?

and keith youve never even played me in a legit set.. and never played my mk
what? we played in tourney... thats as legit as it goes.

but kale, im juts bustin ur balls man. I do stand behind my belief that u should stop complaining, Oh, and ur girl is cute, but my exes run circles around her :)

edit: who besides duo have u beaten that i cant/havent?

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
ok so everyone tries to make me mad.. then i get pissed off.. then they just ask why im mad or are surprised by it? yeah dude ignorance pisses me off and that goes deeper than smash

Purple

Hi guys!
but kale, im juts bustin ur balls man. I do stand behind my belief that u should stop complaining, Oh, and ur girl is cute, but my exes run circles around her :)
Kale's right though, you got some -********- *** ego.

@kale - We're not trying to make you mad, we're trying to get you to understand where we're coming from, not accept it. There's a difference between understanding our beliefs and succumbing to our beliefs.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
dude we played on a hd tv that foxy wouldnt even play on and dylan BEAT ME on and it was pools for a 9 man tourney.. are you serious

i beat shady.. and before you say something ignorant about matchups.. think about the mk ddd one

and no roxy keith is trying to make me mad thats why he calls out my personal skill and ability

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wtf? i have beat shady in tourney before. The only person you have beaten that i havent is duo.

And yea. i admit when someone doesnt want to listen to reason, i make fun of them. But thats me, dont blame it on smashers.

i apologize if i took it to far.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
who the hell are you even talking about

and when i talk about egos.. i mean pretending like you know the mk matchup too

when in fact everybody here would get wrecked by anti shadow and m2k
I'm not particularly great at the MK mu at all, but I won't lose to any random scrub that plays MK and I can beat MKs that you consider good (and if I just speak out of my *** when I talk about knowing the mu, I guess that just means I'm a truly fantastic player in general for actually winning....).

and yes, I know for a fact that those players would whoop me. I also know for a fact that Ally would whoop Stinger's, Kadaj's, and Sushi's MKs with little trouble. That was one of the sorriest excuses for a counter I've ever seen in my life.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
im just saying where do you draw the line between knowing a mu in nc and KNOWING A MU

and i agree stingers

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah i think he'd win.

=[

my rob would do better. :chuckle:

**** holy nightmare.

and you can KNOW A MU and still lose to players that play the char because they are simply better than you. like I think I know the diddy MU very well but ADHD is a far better player than me so I lost.

Ilove

Smash Cadet
i love this game but smashers are ****ing illogical idiots and theyre always just looking for an opportunity to say something that they think someone else will like or will "put the other guy in his place" youre not going to change my opinion you ****ing *******

I'm pretty sure everyone here's intent isn't to rub your ego ***** in your face; its to get you out of that awful mentality. Even if that is their intentions, when your opinion is heavily disproven there's no reason ever to continue thinking it, especially if it has negative effects.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure everyone here's intent isn't to rub your ego ***** in your face; its to get you out of that awful mentality. Even if that is their intentions, when your opinion is heavily disproven there's no reason ever to continue thinking it, especially if it has negative effects.
its heavily disproven that metaknight is too good? youre using words like awful mentality clearly stating that im wrong.. im not wrong and youre not wrong theyre opinions.. and in my opinion i have to play snake falco diddy or mk to beat mk unless im a lot better than they are

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
im just saying where do you draw the line between knowing a mu in nc and KNOWING A MU

and i agree stingers
Ummm, a mu is a mu. Character's properties don't magically change based on the skill of their players (who wins does though, and I wouldn't beat pro MKs or anything). And before you get into it, I know there's some scrub tactics like jab -> ftilt that won't really cut it against pro MKs.

Once again, I never once claimed to be especially good at the mu. I just said that I can win it and know my way around it (I naturally won't beat players more skilled than me though). Also, for the record, I think that MK has no even MUs and should be banned (I supported this ever since the ban was first suggested actually).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
(lol i keep using mlg examples) tearbear is a better player then me but I still beat him because I knew the MU better. so its not always who's a better player but if you prepare enough for it then you can still come out on top. its like a practice vs. talent thing, practice always wins (but practice + talent is gay =[)

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
thats the only advantage to playing rob though lol no one knows what the **** to do.. seriously though i feel like thats the most appealing thing about rob.. and shady i know youre pretty good at the mu at least enough to not get beat by bad mks.. but youre right its uneven and thats why i havent had a problem with mk ever since ive been playing him i actually love mk dittos

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the most appealing thing about ROB...is that he's ****ing fun...and I know I outplayed someone if I won.

especially ****ing DDD.

Ilove

Smash Cadet
its heavily disproven that metaknight is too good? youre using words like awful mentality clearly stating that im wrong.. im not wrong and youre not wrong theyre opinions.. and in my opinion i have to play snake falco diddy or mk to beat mk unless im a lot better than they are
We weren't arguing against Metaknight being good, just the extent of how good he is. If I remember correctly, we gave arguments that defended our point better than you did.

An opinion isn't "just an opinion". Saying that is like not disagreeing with the statement that everyone killing themselves would be beneficial to human society. That statement, though could be defined as an opinion, could be easily disproven and believing it would have negative effects in itself. Your opinion, whether or not its been disproven, still has the negative effect on the community.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
lmao i love when you guys say my opinion has a negative effect on the community.. like what am i gonna do.. make uncle pick up metaknight? how the hell am i hurting anyone? and as far as the everyone killing themself benefiting the human society.. may be viewed as negative but whatever the outcome it could still be viewed as BETTER than before by the person who had the opinion.. you cant just determine whether what someone believes is RIGHT or WRONG i could truly believe that getting ***** by a huge man is great and just because its largely disputed doesnt make me wrong.. getting ***** could be absolutely wonderful to me..

and saying that your arguments on what you believe are better than mine is ALSO an opinion you cant just keep going around singling someone out and saying theyre wrong just because EVERYONE doesnt agree with them..

and theres nothing wrong with me saying metaknight is too good which brings me back to the point.. who in this community am i actually impacting negatively

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if u saw my first post u would understand what i mean by negative effect.

constantly complaing about mk will slowly but surely brain wash people into losing confidence agaisnt the character.

If all u here is " mk this, mk that, u cant beat mk, whine, ***** complain" then that will stir other people minds up and they may think the same. They may not say it, but it will be in the back of everyones head.

and yes, u are making it seem like mk is the way to go or u will lose, which is the mentality of a failure.

lee martin went mk on Rains falco at apex... lost... switched to A WEAKER character (lucario) and won. now why is that? because GOOD players dont have a weak mentality like u.

now if u cant understand the negative effects ,ur one of those stupid mks u complain about.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
dude if they start to believe that they need mk falco diddy or snake to beat mk then more power to them.. thats people realizing things not me ****ing brainwashing thats obsurd if im brain washing anyone theyre ****ing feeble minded to begin with but playing a top tier character will be much less stressful for them in the long run when they choose to take this game seriously

Purple

Hi guys!
i
lee martin went mk on Rains falco at apex... lost... switched to A WEAKER character (lucario) and won. now why is that? because GOOD players dont have a weak mentality like u.

Not to rain on your parade, but I would think it's more because of the fact that Rain didn't know how to play against Lucario in contrast to playing MK.

I mean, the Falco: MK mu is better for MK than the Lucario: Falco matchup is for lucario.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kinda missing the point.

It's more player vs player than character vs character at higher level. Even MK doesn't change that enough apparently.

Also, Lee Martin is probably more comfortable with Lucario since he's played him longer and is just more in tune with the character.

Purple

Hi guys!
Kinda missing the point.

It's more player vs player than character vs character at higher level. Even MK doesn't change that enough apparently.

Also, Lee Martin is probably more comfortable with Lucario since he's played him longer and is just more in tune with the character.
Really? I wouldn't think of it that way :'o.

I'll take your word for it though :'D

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea basically what pp said.

yea, im sure a little mu inexperience had some to do with it, but hey, lee knew his mu's so it gave him the win. Alot of people still think lee lucario is better than his mk, but idk, his mk is legit as hell.

i just wanted to show kale that it is not whoever picks mk auto wins every match.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
i just wanted to show kale that it is not whoever picks mk auto wins every match.
He never argued this, though. I think his main complain is that people who play MK think they are better than they actually are (of course I may be wrong in interpreting this, but that's basically what I've gleaned from his words).

Top Bottom