• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, im thinking about doing HOBO 34 in December as a "last chance for apex practice" and the dates i can do it on are the 3rd/10th/17th/31st. What dates are yalls school FINALS on? Im trying to host HOBO around that so help me out please.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Guys, im thinking about doing HOBO 34 in December as a "last chance for apex practice" and the dates i can do it on are the 3rd/10th/17th/31st. What dates are yalls school FINALS on? Im trying to host HOBO around that so help me out please.
My finals were back in '07, son.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
you should do it on the 17th of dec, its a week before christmas and I believe finals should be done before this

chuky

Smash Cadet
Yoooo

Big Daddy's Smash Bros Tournament

Location Frisco, Texas - Stonebriar Mall CGX store
CGX store - 214 387 4263

First Place 60 dollars in store credit
Second Place twenty dollars in store credit

Admissions - $7 for singles.

This Friday! tomorrow!

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
I could do the 17th. 31st is going to have that big anime convention in Austin btw, and I'm hoping to go to it and it's going to have a Brawl tournament. Just so you know, tournaments on the same days suck.

is it tommorow or next friday? I cant do it this friday because I have to work sat, but next friday would be a lot better plus make it easier on me.
Definitively next Friday as well as this one. I'm generally free Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Sometimes I have plans on the weekend besides smash (it's VERY rare though). So if I'm free I generally ALWAYS doing something smash related those days, smashfest, tournaments, wifi, studying Brawl, focus meditation, ect..

Yoooo

Big Daddy's Smash Bros Tournament

Location Frisco, Texas - Stonebriar Mall CGX store
CGX store - 214 387 4263

First Place 60 dollars in store credit
Second Place twenty dollars in store credit

Admissions - $7 for singles.

This Friday! tomorrow!
I will be there! I enjoyed myself so I shall return.

Tomorrow, although I'm sure next Friday will be available too, since the circuit event will be on that weekend.

:phone:
Pretty much this. You should know I live 1 hour away form the venue though. This means I'm going to have to wake up around 9:00 to arrive at the venue at 10:30 (Since I'm hosting it). So if you house at my place Friday you're going to have to leave when I leave because I can't have people there when I'm not there.

Neon!

Smash Lord
My wizard is Athos from Fire Emblem for the GBA.

Infinity I can put one other character by your name if you want but I want this list to represent which characters you actually use in tournament.

Denti, is that the Arcade off of N. Beach and Basswood? If so I've been there before also and its awesome.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Wait infinity still rocks the diddy?

And dang, I can't believe I missed all these posts and shiz. Y'all been gettin BUSY

Also.....9TH!?!? IM ****IN 9TH!?!?! I call shenanigans....

Ponyboy

Smash Rookie
@swaka hey bro if you need housing or practice you can stay the night at my place anytime you want :D

@neon I don't actually use rob in tournament anymore, I think DDD would be better next to my name. Great Job on the artwork by the way!!!

@xyro **** School, **** Finals, and **** Da Police

@everyone else who all is going to denti's tonight?

K-bot from ponyboys account...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Infinity I can put one other character by your name if you want but I want this list to represent which characters you actually use in tournament.
Okay, then you can add Snake and Pikachu on top of the other two that I said because I've used all of them in tournament. I'm fickle at MK banned tournaments and tend to just pick a character and play.

I've played all of these characters in tournament, some of them when MK is legal: (Hell, I've switched OFF of MK for Falco more than once)

Metaknight
Diddy Kong
Marth
Game and Watch
Snake
Pikachu
Wario
Falco
Kirby

So if you're telling me that I have to choose from three of those, then go with Metaknight, Marth and Diddy Kong. You're pretty damn good with that graphic design you're doing though; I imagine you can cram in 4 characters and add my GW to the list too :p

Wait infinity still rocks the diddy?
Yeah, I use him for counterpicking where I need a character safer than Metaknight.

THAT'S RIGHT, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY.

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
Roarschach, is that the Arcade off of N. Beach and Basswood? If so I've been there before also and its awesome.
*fixed that forbidden name*
Anyways yes it is. It's pretty boss.
BTW Disqo is 8th, not 9th. K bot is 9th not 8th.

Also.....9TH!?!? IM ****IN 9TH!?!?! I call shenanigans....

I just told neon up above to fix it. You're meant to be 8th above K bot. I'm sure he'll fix it.

**** Da Police

@everyone else who all is going to denti's tonight?

K-bot from ponyboys account...
Is ponyboy coming? And lets get hype! woo!

I'm going to try and rock my alternate character's tonight btw you guys. I'll do Olimar on request though.

@ Infinity, you should put the final product of our PR on the OP when Neon makes those few corrections.

Neon!

Smash Lord
oh I cant believe i swtiched disqo and kbot lol.

Most PR's or ranking systems in general only display the top 3 characters a player uses which is a tradition I'd like to stick to. If you really want me to though I can add Gdubz lol.

I'll make those changes tonight either before or after the smashfest.

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
can't go K-bot, got school and work.

you guys are lucky to live in the same area.

PR list here I come.
I completely understand where you're coming from. When I started in 2008 there were no fort worth players or a fort worth thread. I had to travel an hour and twenty min to Dallas to play anyone. Just stick with it! You're always welcome to come to smashfest and all that.

edit: I'm going to have to use someone's account tonight to make a couple threads. I have tournaments to make. WAHAHAHAHA

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I want honorable mention.

I am BLACK MAGE.

....and to redirect ALSM, characters with annoying projectiles and Metaknight....it's the camping and running away....that really just grinds my gears, it's not you personally. So technically I really dislike having to deal with Metaknight, Diddy Kong, Falco, Snake...

Consider my background, I come from a series of games in which projectiles aren't overwhelming....and there's not one character that has his own set of rulings or makes a big part of tournament play very irritating.

Trust me it's not a personal vendetta against you lol
It's me :=/

It wasn't this bad in melee or Smash 64 so I deal with it the best way I can.....I still don't like it however.

chic

Smash Ace
....and to redirect ALSM, characters with annoying projectiles and Metaknight....it's the camping and running away....that really just grinds my gears, it's not you personally. So technically I really dislike having to deal with Metaknight, Diddy Kong, Falco, Snake...
this why i stopped playing. everyone started playing so gay... ledge grabing, timing out, spamming/camping etc... just wasnt fun anymore.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I know how you feel, it sucks, I wish there was a way around it

I personally enjoy the gay playing, I just dislike ALSM. >:3

Your diddy is an *******

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Guys. Man the **** up. If you want someone to play against who won't play gay, play me.
I play aggro Ike and aggro Zelda.
I am literally a small army of bad characters running at you to get hit.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Does anyone want to play and/or hang out tonight? I kind of passed out on my couch last night and didn't make it to Dustin's >.>"

Hell, for that matter, would anyone be interested in an impromtu tournament at mi casa tonight if nothing else is going on?

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
I can handle not being on this PR.
However I am down for honorable mention. At least that....
I know how you feel, but I don't think it would be fair to the people who didn't make it on there because everyone would want on there or feel offended for not being on there. I really feel like Will deserves it, not because I'm dating him but because he literally has run the grunt work of like the past 4 tournaments of Fort Worth. He was the person calling out matches, organizing the TIO events, dealing with the tournament program, and spending hours and hours of his time dealing with other people's tournaments. I don't think an honorable mention is a spotlight for people's nice work that they didn't ever have to do.

It wasn't this bad in melee
Not to seem like a douche bag or a devil's advocate but why is camping bad? When I see people get angry about camping it generally means they don't know how to play the match up or that the Match up is un-winnable. And in a tournament/serious setting people have to take the responsibility that they chose their character and this agreed to the terms, meaning if people lose an un-winnable they shouldn't be complaining. I can't imagine any videogame being not campy when you play to win.

And people time out all the time in Melee and every other fighting game.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Smashfest at my place tonight! If enough people show up I'm going to think up a silly ruleset for a funsies free tournament we can enjoy. Call/text me before heading my way; it'll start at around 8:30 and everyone is welcome to stay as late as they want (can't let you stay the night tho; you don't have to go home but you can't stay here).

Also - someone please bring an extra setup. The one that I have right now isn't very hospitable for anything more than 3 or 4 people, lol

Top Bottom