• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Alright, guys, things are going to be hectic tomorrow. I'm picking Deva up from the airport as well as couple other people in town. We got smashfests, and Batou, we need to combine my wii with your tv for a setup. I want to get some serious games in before MLG at Infinity's and Dphat's (then we crash at Denti's); like, I haven't played in days... I gotta polish some things.

Gotta go to class, later guys!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Alright, guys, things are going to be hectic tomorrow. I'm picking Deva up from the airport as well as couple other people in town. We got smashfests, and Batou, we need to combine my wii with your tv for a setup. I want to get some serious games in before MLG at Infinity's and Dphat's (then we crash at Denti's); like, I haven't played in days... I gotta polish some things.

Gotta go to class, later guys!
Um alright i'll ask my mom to lend me 40 bucks for MLG Dallas......
Also Alex is going to spectate with me at MLG Dallas and he's paying for my pass if my mom can't come up with the money to help me out...but I have to wait til saturday to get it from him. We might have to stop by Alex's place so I can get the money before we go anywhere unless your willing to lend me that money til alex shows up saturday?

Your choice ALSM, unless you can't do either?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou, before you pay for your spectator pass let me ask lee/haze/m2k/ally if I could grab one of there free spectator pass for you. In response I want my controller back.
I didn't know they had free spectator passes...
If you can do that man I would appreciate it.
If ALSM and I head over to your place tomorrow for practice I'm going to give you your controller anyways, sorry if I took it by accident.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I FLY INTO DAL TODAY, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE
PICK ME UP/HOUSE ME!!! PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE

I'm in desperate need of help

edit: thank you for saving me infinitly

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I FLY INTO DAL TODAY, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE
PICK ME UP/HOUSE ME!!! PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE

I'm in desperate need of help

edit: thank you for saving me infinitly
Did he pick you up from the airport and stuff? if so i'm glad you got some assistance. We dont' want to leave any players stranded.

Sliq

Smash Master
Someone better start hosting smashfests. I wanna plaaaaaay.

Sliq

Smash Master
Plano, Texas. I just moved here about a month ago from Cincinnati.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Well hey man good to have you with us. This is the DFW Boards but mainly it's a group from Fort Worth.
Good to see you live in Plano. We have plenty of smashfests and whatnot but we'll be sure to post them up. As of lately we've been really busy and such so everyone's kinda been scattered except for ALSM, me and Denti.

Since MLG Dallas is underway (It's sad how the best Captain Falcon player in Texas couldn't go, boo me stupid f****** job lol) it's gotten everyone's attention. Afterwards we might throw some smashfests but the next big tournament is the next phase and HOBO which aren't until December.

We'll also keep you posted on any OOT (out of town) smashfests or tournaments and whatnot.

Me and my buddy Kovu (on haitus) created this shindig of a board like december of last year and so we've been pretty successful at it, almost more active than Dallas.

Here's my number and text me if you need to know of any smashfests and what not...I really should put that on the first page o.O

817-707-1698

Federal_Her0

Smash Rookie
Can anyone going to mlg give me a ride today? I will pay of course. I live in the arlington area so you guys seem the most likely if anyone can help me.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Can anyone going to mlg give me a ride today? I will pay of course. I live in the arlington area so you guys seem the most likely if anyone can help me.
We'll have to see.

Now this next post is personal. I made it personal. In fact I"m going to shed the ligth back on it.

Red Shadow, your a brave man bro. It takes a lot of heart to do what you did. You apologized to everyone because you wasn't having fun with brawl...and your outbursts clearly spelled it out. I appreciate that man. I wasn't able to really say anything about this on the thread you posted but my two cents count, so I"m cashing them in.

1. Who cares about if brawl or melee is better? You as a player make the distinction and figure out which game is better for you to play...or you can play both...completely up to you. The same conundrum occurs about me and street fighter.

Street Fighter Third Strike > Street Fighter IV

Because of the popularity Third strike has been overshadowed by the more easy game. Some might say that same transition occurred with melee and brawl. But who cares? You play what you want to play. To say it takes no skill to play brawl is lying to yourself and others. The same goes for melee. It would be unfair and ******** of me to say that brawl takes more skill than melee or vice versa because it requires a different MINDSET AND TOLERANCE LEVEL. That's how I feel about Street Fighter. I'm willing to play either, but my heart stays with Third Strike. If you got a problem with that, you can suck on my knee.

Let these haters come up and talk that bull**** about the subject because in the end we dont' give a ****, you either play brawl or melee, or don't play it at all. End of story bro.

2. I"m not going to say never quit...for the almight Captain Falcon at one point decided to put my controller down and never play smash again because of Metaknight...but after years of playing this game I have a better knowledge of the game and therefore my skill has shot through the roof. The game requires patience and sometimes I can't have it.

So trust me, if it's hard to play the game as Wario, think of how hard it is for us low tiers to play the game as low tiers? It's not easy being Link, or Captain Falcon...but we keep trying. We don't back down from any MK or high tier player. We rather lose trying than to lose giving up. Maybe you should take a break? It's helped me tons. Ultimately its up to you, but your a fun guy to hang around with, and we have similar taste in games and such. WHO THE **** KNEW WE WOULD BOTH LIKE SOUL BLADE MUSIC WTF....but that's why there's the next reason.

3. Brawl can only be fun for me if I don't have fun with the players I play. I learn to smile a lot, crack jokes, yell random a** words and whatnot...but I laugh my butt off and I have fun. Sometimes I even have to make the hardest of players crack a smile. Ask bored when we played friendlies at San Antonio? I've made him crack up, feel welcomed and man did Denti and I have a grand time. Would you really be around me if I played just to win against you? I couldn't imagine in Jamal.

4. The experiences matter to me. I don't really focus on brawl outside of brawl...because after we play games, we go out to eat, or hell play games, movies, whatever we decided to do. Remember after HOBO28? We all went to IHOP to chill and talk after the tournament ended. Now I will never forget that moment...we all came together as gamers and as the elite brawl community and decided to have a good time, bull**** about whatever and laugh it off. It was a ton of fun and I plan to have more of those moments.

But I rather you stay for the fun Jamal. That's my two cents bro. Have fun at MLG Dallas.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
DUDE? Soublade music? That stuff is the bomb dude.
Nice post about all that Batou. I wish I was actually there for Hobo28... Everyone said it was the best.
I look forward to having moments like that.
Well Zane Sergio told me all about your condition so we gotta figure out how we can get you to tournaments without making you feel uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

HOBO28 was the biggest HOBO i've attended in a while and it was great man. Lots of girls, brawl action, joking around, people sleeping on couches and random a** spots....lots of upsets too. ALSM ALMOST BEAT XYRO! Man I was rooting for him the entire time but one more attack and he would of had him and I would of like threw money at him just for fun haha....

Jerm almost beat MikeHaze...now that was a big upset there...but big ups to Mike, he prevailed in the end with a UpThrow on Toon Link at 201 percent :D

Denti and I got 5th in teams. Now that HOBO had a lot of teams.....DMG/Dphat, Zori/Jerm, Zakpo/FK, lots of potential man...but we did pretty **** well for what we did and I"m ever so proud of Denti for getting third at the last tournament beating K Prime.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If you haven't heard Batou

Fhero went 1-2. Lost to Kprime, beat judgement, and lost to jumpman.

RedShadow went 1-2. Lost to some Mr.G&W, got a bye, beat some other G&W and then lost to someone. ehh... my memory is fuzzy on his matches.

I (Problemo) went 1-2. I beat a new player who was Metaknight, got a bye, then lost to MVD-i, and then choked against Giovanni.

Aerolink went 2-2, but I don't remember his individual match ups.

This tournament is really freaking **** though. The matches are hype. The set up is nice, the atmosphere is great. The only thing that is bad is the lack of unranked seeding. But what can you do right?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Denti is the Big Deal, guys. lol

MLG Dallas was hella fun; free dr. peppers, free stride gum, free beef jerky, free doritos, and free hot pockets! I got to meet and play against players all over the country, and some out of the United States too, even an Olimar main from Columbia. You'd think this tournament would be nothing but a sausage fest, but I saw more female smashers than I'd seen in my tournament experience. All that yelling and hyping and talking just wrecked my voice. I've never talked so much in my life. As for my matches, the two games I lost (winnable games) , I SD'd once in the set, but no johns, I learned from this. Espy vs. X was like the most hyped match imo. Man, Sonic dittos are like a DBZ fight, no joke. Once again, hanging out with Deva was really cool, we had so much fun, and we performed well in doubles together despite losing 2 and out. We didn't get to go to Dphat's, but we chilled at Infi~'s, even saw Nate (long time no see) there. Denti, thanks for the housing us and Kansas; Kansas is awesome. :D Last stop was at Zane's, and had fun playing smash and other games, like Wii Resort and TvC. Beef stew, nachos, biscuits, and soda was great.

Lots of upsets. Kudos to Gnes for being the MLG Champion.

Denti

Smash Master
So I'm playing sonic heros. I buy used games from gamestop then send them back in before a week and I get full money back. So far I am doing sonic heros and donkey kong jungle beat for the GC. Any recomendations on what to get next time?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So I'm playing sonic heros. I buy used games from gamestop then send them back in before a week and I get full money back. So far I am doing sonic heros and donkey kong jungle beat for the GC. Any recomendations on what to get next time?
Metroid Prime and F Zero?

Top Bottom