• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Robert is an *******. I checked my e-mail yesterday to find out nothing. I found out where Robert was going to be today(Anime club monthly meeting). Showed up at 10:30. I waited an hour when someone came, that wasn't named Robert.

The story went that last week the animefest board of directors met, and there was someone there named John. After the board met(they approved the department, BTW) this John character met with Robert. After that meeting, he named him manager.

Instead of telling me right away, he made me wait a week with no word and on top of that, made me waste $9.50 in train money just to find out from a third party. It's cowardly, I tell you.

Denti

Smash Master
Since MLG Dallas is right around the corner and no tournies are planned, would people show to my place for a tournie?

Housing would be at my place as well as the tournament.

My address is -
5112 Leeray rd Keller TX

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
^ You better confront this guy. I'd be so PO'd...
You don't know the worst of it. Instead of keeping it "in department", something that one would think I would have the advantage of, this John character worked at the "Dealer Defense Squad" department last year.

I needn't worry. I gave the ******* 72 hours from Noon Saturday to get in touch with me before I wash my hands of the convention, permanently.

Another point, this frees up some money for me to go to Devastation next year.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So... who's up for MLG Dallas? Denti, still looking for a partner? I'm up for teaming with you. =)
Yes, you might need a partner Denti.
For I have decided not to participate in MLG Dallas.
It's called girlfriend johns...we'll be going to El Paso to meet her sister and I promised her I would go.

The trip will be just the two of us...and I want it to be as romantic as I can possibly make it. She deserves it..

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Like an hour away as usual. Also, Deva might be going to MLG Dallas...

EDIT - So... I was up against the cpu and I won by just stalling the ledge/abusing invincibility frames the whole game. I didn't take any damage. 0.o

Denti

Smash Master
I don't have any set plans, it's whatever works best for everyone.

edit:
Guys just so you know the carpool for SA this weekend looks like this.

1. Denti
2. Cross
3. ALSM
4. Batou

possibly Red shaddow.

possible housing at Nike's.

Anyone else interested? I might be able to take my dad's truck that can sit 6 people.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't have any set plans, it's whatever works best for everyone.

edit:
Guys just so you know the carpool for SA this weekend looks like this.

1. Denti
2. Cross
3. ALSM
4. Batou

possibly Red shaddow.

possible housing at Nike's.

Anyone else interested? I might be able to take my dad's truck that can sit 6 people.
I CALL SHOTGUN.
Man now I have something to do this weekend :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh btw what do you intend to do about MLG Dallas? As far as housing is concerned, we can't get DEVA housing...and ALSM is picking him up at the airport too :(

You think you can house? Or is that a no go and you have other plans?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Thanks ALSM!

I learned a LOT at the SA tournament. It was great prep for MLG
Remember what I told ya when we got to my place.

Anyways major announcement concerning me....I think I might be moving to Las Vegas sometimes next year. It's unofficial but Trisha wants me to move to Las Vegas and if she decides to move there and I'm not going to say no either.

Everything's still up in the air. I don't know much detail yet. I dunno what's going to go down. My days are limited regardless.

Being the leader of the boards I figure you all need to hear it from me personally.....there's a lot of opportunity out there and I want to be apart of it.

Also I'm getting a breathing machine for my sleep apnea. Last night my mom woke me up and said I stopped breathing for two minutes again so I had to sleep on a chair to keep my breathing fluent.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
www.thegamerzdome.com

They seem like nice poeple, a little strict, tho. They may hold brawl tournaments in the future. Good and bad and ugly:

good:
Driven Owners
Video Surveillance
Big Screens
Local
They require good hygiene
The business is intended for tournaments

bad:
The TVs probably lag, until they get a better deal with Best Buy.
The will use MLG rules.
They will run the tournaments themselves. (No bracket seeding, no t/o leniency)
Might be a venue fee
Comparatively small space

UGLY:
They won't allow us to bring TVs and may not allow us to bring Wii's either.
Only two TVs for Wii Console gaming, currently.

What we need to do is pay attention to their tournaments and show them how much SBoards is willing to represent at a tournament. This may make them rethink certain restrictive rules later down the road.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Batouuuuu you can't leave, now who's gonna teach me all the Falcon punch reverse mind games? Who's gonna make hilarious fried chicken jokes? Who's gonna be TX's most pimpin falcon?
WHO?!!??!?!

And sorry to hear about the Apnea again. Good thing getting a sleep machine, but it hurts the ability to camp them F-airs

but seriously, camping is a drag with those things.

Denti

Smash Master

Batou can't leave :(

btw someone do something crazy to get me out of school today. For example maybe a bomb threat or weather machine?

It's too cold to go today.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Batou can't leave :(

btw someone do something crazy to get me out of school today. For example maybe a bomb threat or weather machine?

It's too cold to go today.
I'm all out of bombs.
We decided to stick around.
Las Vegas is a big hassle.
Though we'll be keeping it in mind in the future......

Top Bottom