• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Denti

Smash Master
I don't have time to host tournaments in December. There is Christmas, My birthday, Seabass' Birthday and New Years. Lol basically the Holidays.

I'll start hosting tournaments the begining of Feb if phase doesn't continue. I won't start hosting on Jan because there are lots of tournaments OoS such as OH SNAP and UNK3.

..I really do hope phases continue : o I hate work

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't have time to host tournaments in December. There is Christmas, My birthday, Seabass' Birthday and New Years. Lol basically the Holidays.

I'll start hosting tournaments the begining of Feb if phase doesn't continue. I won't start hosting on Jan because there are lots of tournaments OoS such as OH SNAP and UNK3.

..I really do hope phases continue : o I hate work
Not to sound like a downer but we may need to discontinue any smashfests/tournaments until next year. I think now is a great time around Christmas for everyone to be with their family and loved ones.

However it won't stop us from hanging out, getting together or whatnot.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yeah well you know we can always hang out but family will always come first.
Even though you guys are considered to be my family as well...we'll have our time, gotta give the other time for everyone else. Have a great holidays though.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Happy Holidays, everyone. ^_^ I'm done with tourneys for the year... Hoping to make a major impact in next year's metagame for Link.
As far as Metagame is concerned, nothing special will arise for most of the cast.

However with low tier there is undiscovered activity because most people will not even touch the low tier as far as a main goes.

Videos are up:

RX (Snake) vs. Batou (Captain Falcon) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJ7AyOtl3s

RX (Snake) vs. Batou (Captain Falcon) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvoo4gXKFY

Zero (Sonic) vs. Batou (Captain Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fku064io9_g

Nike (Marth) vs Denti (Olimar) 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BnHCjCkiO4

Maaan (Ganondorf) vs Batou (Captain Falcon) $5 Money Match 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIumKM2bJUM

Maaan (Ganondorf) & Tofer (Olimar) vs Denti (Olimar) & Batou (King Dedede) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzIqqDdjT8

Paw (Zero Suit Samus) vs. Denti (Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVRIIfP3Jcg

Denti (Olimar) & Batou (King Dedede) vs Espy (Sonic) & K Prime (Pikachu)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXga7LHRBZg

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I wished I remembered to save our game 5. :(
Something I noticed....

Yo Denti, every time we get top 3 in Teams, it's like K Prime and Espy are ALWAYS in the way. We gotta fix this. When we teamed last time I picked King D3 for a very good reason. I"m the bigger target....so as you well know I was always the first person to get their licks from, leaving you to sneak in hits...

Plus my DI with King D3 is super pro, so that's how I always imagined that we could approach these two in teams, plus the obvious chain grabbing and stuff.

With our team expertise we could really place an upset if we concentrate......I was looking at that when you and Infinity were teaming today. I just think that they know the MK matchup too well...no offense to Infinity or you but I think they know you were the bigger threat so they really took their time to make sure you approached first perhaps...study your movements and to see what openings they can go through to try and take you out early.

As far as the grab ledge limit rule I didn't see a problem. They could of at least agreed to see a 100 limit set for the team instead of focusing on the individual player because it causes complications really. I remember seeing Esca just camp his a** off with Pit on the ledge....same goes for the Kirby kid and his brother remember?

Just some insight on about this weekend....

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
If I can get December 11th off of work for the next HOBO, it WILL be my official return.

Edit: In other news, I've made some changes to the OP, check it.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Deva and I have tried Link/MK and we did pretty well. Basically, our strategy was Link doing somewhat of a two on one, MK finding opportunities and basically playing off Link and helping out by being the support. Most players would expect MK running the show, but it definitely works the other way around. =)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
If I can get December 11th off of work for the next HOBO, it WILL be my official return.

Edit: In other news, I've made some changes to the OP, check it.
Gotta love the new sexy changes kameron.
Just like HOBO22 I think...we're teaming for the first time in months.
Can't wait.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday!!!

SrsC@'s SrsSmashfest!

What time!? After 5:00 PM!!
When does it end!? 12:00 Midnight!!!
Where in the hell is it!? 2524 Ridgmar Blvd, Apt. 4 on the west side of Fort Worth
From I-30 go north on Ridgmar Blvd. and turn left into the Ridgmar Square Apts. All the way in the back and on the left in the Colonial Building.
Why show up? Because there is no spoon!
Who should I call if I'm confused? SrsC@: 682-557-8740

Rules:
Wobbles Rule: In the event that a TV has four or more players, when a player defeats all players on said TV, they give up their controller to the most recent loser.

BYOF: Drinks and food are entirely dependent on the guests, I'm a stingy jerk!! Local Restaurants include: Arby's, Wendy's, Whataburger, stuff in Ridgmar Mall, and Taco Bueno.

BYOC: Everyone is required to bring their own controllers since most other players aren't keen on loaning theirs out. This also prevents controller johns.

"I liked SrsC@'s SrsSmashfests so much, I flipped burgers for an entire summer just to buy an 8-Track Player." - Veri Srs Person.

BE THERE!!!

SrsSmashfest subject to cancellation at any time within the next week for any reason. Please RSVP with SrsC@ so he can gauge how much of a mess he'll be cleaning up. No lag johns on the big screen; your mom. No purchase necessary; void where prohibited. Srsly.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Invite only SmashFEST coming soon at my place to bring in 2011. Quote this post if you want to be part of the action. I may or may not need a Wii with everything unlocked in Brawl(or may spend the majority of the fest unlocking characters on my new Wii that the family may get for Christmas). I'll let you know closer to the event.

Invite list

1. Batou

Denti

Smash Master

I think I'm guna start hosting the dallas tournaments. I'll talk to zac and try to get it at the same location in plano.

How does December the 18th sound?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

I think I'm guna start hosting the dallas tournaments. I'll talk to zac and try to get it at the same location in plano.

How does December the 18th sound?

Sounds good.
I need more TO experience by the way....serious cat wants me to do more cus he knows how much fun it was :D

Let me help you so I can have a way to the tournament AND help you out as well Denti.
Let me now how that sounds to you......

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Thank you for the chinese food bro :D
Yeah gimme his AiB name, but give him a link to my DFW boards so he'll see what's up.....

Top Bottom